Target AD 4-6 to 4-12 (Buy 2 Get 1 Free on all video games)

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Ended up picking up
2 Diablo III (360) pm 29.99
2 Need for Speed Rivals(ps3)pm 29.99/free
Tales of Xillia pm Bby 31.99
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 remix (free)

After bby trade in on those NFS and d3 have 121 credit and some free RPGs :)

Can someone please tell me how to convince these dumb fucks at target that I can PM and get the B2G1? I've been able to do it twice at separate targets, and the one closest to me as well as others that I visited today told me I couldn't do the PM and B2G1. I mean it's on the damn ad right under the B2G1 deal that they will price match and I've done it before as have others in the thread obviously but it's just annoying having to drive around finding the targets to do it at. Especially when they don't have the 3 games I need.

Can someone please tell me how to convince these dumb fucks at target that I can PM and get the B2G1? I've been able to do it twice at separate targets, and the one closest to me as well as others that I visited today told me I couldn't do the PM and B2G1. I mean it's on the damn ad right under the B2G1 deal that they will price match and I've done it before as have others in the thread obviously but it's just annoying having to drive around finding the targets to do it at. Especially when they don't have the 3 games I need.
Call up Target corporate at the store or have them call.

I thought I read yesterday someone in the thread price matched the gcu price from Best Buy?

If I put FIFA 14 and Battlefield 4 in my Best Buy cart and showed guest services would that make a difference?

I thought I read yesterday someone in the thread price matched the gcu price from Best Buy?

If I put FIFA 14 and Battlefield 4 in my Best Buy cart and showed guest services would that make a difference?
It could make a difference, but it shouldn't. Depends on the CSR.

today I had a bad experience with a team lead that apparently holds stock in the company. I price matched WWE 2k14 and Need For Speed Rivals (both were 29.99 at TRU). The dude refused to ring up Kingdom Hearts Limited Edition in the same transaction. I was like "I just did this yesterday" lol anyways I ended up doing 2 transactions just because he wouldn't allow the third game to be free. I got a $30 plus tax refund at another Target. 

I went through the same experience...I guess they consider it double dipping. I asked the guy to look up the company policy on the target Ipad.

https://corporate.target.com/about/shopping-experience/our-low-price-promise

Price match ad exclusions:

Buy one, get one if the retail price is not shown in the advertisement.

Bundled offers and special purchases.

These were the ones he used against me. The guy was a brick wall. I kept telling him that a buy 1 get 1 free is not same as what I'm trying to do but I decided to just buy the games in different transactions (since Kingdom Hearts had the artbook)

I went through the same experience...I guess they consider it double dipping. I asked the guy to look up the company policy on the target Ipad.

These were the ones he used against me. The guy was a brick wall. I kept telling him that a buy 1 get 1 free is not same as what I'm trying to do but I decided to just buy the games in different transactions (since Kingdom Hearts had the artbook)
that is the stuff that target won't price match but target itself is the one having b2 g1 free that policy is only if you try matching another retailer b2 g1 free

At least I'm not alone. Targets been pretty shitty with these deals around me lately at least. Too much hassle. I have to go to a Target 10 miles away just to get my difference back. And then I'll be stuck with $65 in Target credit that I will probably try to do another B2G1 with for more hassles because I used a BBY Visa GC for my purchases.

edit: I decided to purchase the 3 games I wanted since one of them wasn't available at other Targets and I will be taking them to another Target to adjust hence the getting $65 back since I just did a normal B2G1 with 3 $60 games.

that is the stuff that target won't price match but target itself is the one having b2 g1 free that policy is only if you try matching another retailer b2 g1 free
Yea I argued my point but the dude wouldn't budge. He used that line as an excuse when I told him that I wanted to see their policy

I'm planning to buy 6 games, can I buy them all together or do I need to do 2 transaction of 3 each?

Thanks

I had the same problem today. They refused to price match it, telling me I can only do one or the other. I called customer relations and after almost an hour later and 4 different reps, they hung up on me. At that point I went back in and just said I'd like to price match the games. The register automatically applied the free game after she priced match everything. I think the trick is to just pick out 3 games and ask for a price match. Don't mention anything about the free game. The register does it for you. If they try to make you purchase it on 3 different transactions, just walk.

I had the same problem today. They refused to price match it, telling me I can only do one or the other. I called customer relations and after almost an hour later and 4 different reps, they hung up on me. At that point I went back in and just said I'd like to price match the games. The register automatically applied the free game after she priced match everything. I think the trick is to just pick out 3 games and ask for a price match. Don't mention anything about the free game. The register does it for you. If they try to make you purchase it on 3 different transactions, just walk.
I realized this too late unfortunately. I was actually thinking about it earlier, I probably should've just PM'd all the games since the register would do it automatically. And I would definitely just walk away if they would try to make me do 3 transactions. I'll go steal more money from Target tomorrow

Would like the answer to this as well, would love the hobbit, spider man later this month and watch dogs later.
No, you would have to return whatever game you buy and you would get $40 for it in a refund and have to pay the difference for Watch Dogs. Probably YMMV but it's most likely that you won't be able to do an even exchange.

Can you relax? You're not going to find anything in the corporate policy that says they are supposed to do both so chill out. Throwing a temper tantrum just makes you look like an idiot. If anything they're not supposed to do it and people are getting by because the registers allow for it.

Can you relax? You're not going to find anything in the corporate policy that says they are supposed to do both so chill out. Throwing a temper tantrum just makes you look like an idiot. If anything they're not supposed to do it and people are getting by because the registers allow for it.
thanks for the help!

Looked at my receipt today and it shows I paid for one @ 39.99, and one @ 29.99. After that it shows that my other 39.99 was the free one! At rhe rregister I thought it was odd that I was only charged 70+tx. Pay attention to how they ring you up!

No, you would have to return whatever game you buy and you would get $40 for it in a refund and have to pay the difference for Watch Dogs. Probably YMMV but it's most likely that you won't be able to do an even exchange.

Def. a YMMV, on Target's last b2g1 , my local target swapped out games at a later date with not questions asked. I remeber getting a link between worlds for $26 on the release day.

I got a few games I'm currenrly holding on to from the current b2g1 that I plan to exchange later on. Also the longer return period with red card makes it extra nice.

I realized this too late unfortunately. I was actually thinking about it earlier, I probably should've just PM'd all the games since the register would do it automatically. And I would definitely just walk away if they would try to make me do 3 transactions. I'll go steal more money from Target tomorrow
The important thing to remember is that they're still making a profit from you even with "low price matching" to amazon and getting the third free.

I noticed Titanfall is $45 at Best Buy for the day...

How's everybody price matching?  Are you buying them and then going over to Guest Services, or are you price matching as you're buying them?  I've never PM'ed at Target, so I apologize for the noob question.

Lastly, anybody in the Bay Area (South Bay to be exact) been getting any luck with the PM'ing?  I don't have a lot of time in the day, so I need to be as strategic as possible.

Looked at my receipt today and it shows I paid for one @ 39.99, and one @ 29.99. After that it shows that my other 39.99 was the free one! At rhe rregister I thought it was odd that I was only charged 70+tx. Pay attention to how they ring you up!
Did you PM at all? Specifically, there was another post earlier where someone PMd a $40 game down to $33 then PMd a $40 game down to $29 then they rang up his third $40 game and that was the free game.

I wanna know if the register is glitch ing this way on all transactions, or just the ones involving a PM....

This has potential.

Hmm Target's site says they're not carrying titanfall for 360 in store. That's not true right?

I noticed Titanfall is $45 at Best Buy for the day...

How's everybody price matching? Are you buying them and then going over to Guest Services, or are you price matching as you're buying them? I've never PM'ed at Target, so I apologize for the noob question.

Lastly, anybody in the Bay Area (South Bay to be exact) been getting any luck with the PM'ing? I don't have a lot of time in the day, so I need to be as strategic as possible.
You can price match as you buy them

So on the receipt all items purchased are given a "return price"?  What designates that price?  Like is it just 30% across the board?  Or is it a divided by the 3 split or something else?

So on the receipt all items purchased are given a "return price"? What designates that price? Like is it just 30% across the board? Or is it a divided by the 3 split or something else?
Cheapest game divided by 3:

$60+$60+$60 becomes $40, $40, $40.

$60, $60, $30 becomes $50, $50, $20.

Etc. and so on

So Target.com says no local stores have Kinect Sports Rivals. Has anyone gone and seen it in store? I know sometimes there system isn't the best, but don't want to waste a trip.

So Target.com says no local stores have Kinect Sports Rivals. Has anyone gone and seen it in store? I know sometimes there system isn't the best, but don't want to waste a trip.
They'll have it.

Call them if you're still worried. Ah, the wonders of technology.

Did you PM at all? Specifically, there was another post earlier where someone PMd a $40 game down to $33 then PMd a $40 game down to $29 then they rang up his third $40 game and that was the free game.

I wanna know if the register is glitch ing this way on all transactions, or just the ones involving a PM....

This has potential.
No PM here, just a straight transaction in the electronics dept. The games I bought were only a few cents cheaper on Amazon. Super Mario 3d Land, Yoshi's New Island and Wonderful 101.

I think this is a register glitch, but don't make it obvious by buying a CoD prestige edition last.

I noticed that Target has PSP-3000s price cut to $74.99 this week. Is it worth owning one? Or should I just hold out for a cheap Vita and grab the old PSP games digitally?

I noticed that Target has PSP-3000s price cut to $74.99 this week. Is it worth owning one? Or should I just hold out for a cheap Vita and grab the old PSP games digitally?
You're better off getting a cheap vita. You can get a like new Vita for around $100 to 150 on cowboom and AWD. If you have PS+, you don't really have to buy that many games.

Well that's if you missed the PSP generation and don't need the Vita. Also what do you mean cheap Vita? You mean the slim Borderlands 2 bundle or a sale on the system because it won't get out of it's $200 price for awhile?

I'm gonna PM Luigi's Mansion and the Last of Us for $29.99 but the Wonderful 101 is at another Target. Anyone know if switching the free game would be fine?

Ground Zeroes finally came back in stock online, so I ordered that, Mario and Luigi: Dream Team (which is $28) and Mario 3D Land. Not bad for 72 bucks,

Hmm Target's site says they're not carrying titanfall for 360 in store. That's not true right?
Kinect Sports Rivals and Titanfall for the 360 are in store (just got back from Target).

You're better off getting a cheap vita. You can get a like new Vita for around $100 to 150 on cowboom and AWD. If you have PS+, you don't really have to buy that many games.

Well that's if you missed the PSP generation and don't need the Vita. Also what do you mean cheap Vita? You mean the slim Borderlands 2 bundle or a sale on the system because it won't get out of it's $200 price for awhile?

I'm gonna PM Luigi's Mansion and the Last of Us for $29.99 but the Wonderful 101 is at another Target. Anyone know if switching the free game would be fine?
By cheap, I mean less than $200. I'd be interested in it for $100-150.

I'll probably hold off on the PSP and just wait for a good Vita deal.

Picked up:  $30 Forza 3 Ultimate Edition, $20 Left 4 Dead 2, and $19.99 The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition. 

Kind of strange that Target charged a penny more for Left 4 Dead 2.  I guess it is kind of an "evil tax." Target should definitely charge a penny less on sports titles and little kids games.

Speaking of Vita deals.  I missed out on an Assassin's Creed Liberation Vita bundle. 

There was one in the display case at the Target that I picked up the above games.  Its gone now just a charcoal game less version.

Oh well, my second to last incentive to buy an OLED Vita is gone.  At this point, I don't think I would pay more than $150 plus tax for a new OLED Vita with the slim model coming out soon.

Ok just got Rivals, dynasty Warrior ps4 and hobbit x1. Also picked up diablo 3 (29.99 tru match), zoo tycoon (29.99 amazon match) and metal gear. Not a bad day.

bread's done
Back