Target AD 4-6 to 4-12 (Buy 2 Get 1 Free on all video games)

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Ended up taking a look at my Target (.5 miles away). Nothing was even out there for the Wii U or Xbox One that had my interest. Titanfall for the 360 wasn't even on the shelves. I couldn't even find  Diablo 3 if I wanted to, but they did have the Diablo 2 Battlechest. Overall, I'll just take the money I didn't spend and get some pre-owned games off Ebay. 

You can't reload money onto it but it can certainly be credited by the retailer like any visa. You got the receipt right?
They gave me $65 on a Target GC. I was gonna use more money from the Visa for this deal anyway so it doesn't matter to me if it's Visa GC or Target GC.

First denial. Clear Lake Tx Target said there managers told them if there is a price match on a game do not ring all three together. Customers are not allowed to double dip.

YMMV, Target in Tampa, FL allowed me to get B2 G1 on Steam Cards. On the sign stipulation is Starter Kits are excluded, Plenty games on cards like Wow, and others.

So far I got

Bravely Default
Mario Party: Island Tour
COD: Ghosts PS4

Mario and Sonic 2014 (wiimote)
Super Mario 3D World
Pikmin 3

I got mario and sonic just for the wiimote and the "free game". Price matched the three games to amazon.

I'll probably pick up some $30 games tomorrow, as well as the sub-20 games (zombie u, etc).

Found out that Angry Birds Star Wars is also on sale at TRU for $30. It trades in for $19 base at BBY so it's a good flip to get some free games and it doesn't require a manager override to price match since it's only a $10 difference. Makes it less suspicious

Went back for round two tonight. Price matched Diablo to toys r us for $30(free game), got lego hobbits 3ds for $30(used preoder card to get the $5 gift card back), and got final fantasy x-x2 ps3 for $40 (didnt feel bad about the extra $10 game since it was the limited edition with the extra goodies). And it was the acting store manager who rang me up and granted the price match so I think the other poster who said management was instructed not to grant price matches with this deal was being B.S.ed.

I went to Target and the asshat that took my games told the person working CS "he is going to price match this game. Make sure you cancel the b2g1 free" what a fucking asshole. In the end it was only $9.50 but seriously fuck that guy for going out of his way to deny my caggy ways

This doesn't qualify as a 'deal,' but wanted to pass this along...

A month or so ago, everyone was talking about Target dropping the price (although I believe it was a MSRP drop) of Zelda: Skyward Sword to $19.99, and many CAGs were able to find the original release that included the music CD...

Well, my Target sold out of the Zelda game about 4ish weeks ago.  Yesterday, I went in to grab some items and check out the B2G1 sale (price matched Wii U Mario 3D World to amazon for $50.xx,) and found out they got in MORE Zelda: Skyward Sword copies....WITH THE MUSIC CD!  They had seven total in stock.

Thought that might interest some of you as (1) it is a great, great game, and (2) it has great eBay / flip value depending on your preference on how / where to sell / trade.

so if the way B2G1 works at Target is they just make the three $60 games $40 each

would it be $40 - $40 - $28 if I did 2 $60 games and the new Diablo expansion (which is $40)?

This doesn't qualify as a 'deal,' but wanted to pass this along...

A month or so ago, everyone was talking about Target dropping the price (although I believe it was a MSRP drop) of Zelda: Skyward Sword to $19.99, and many CAGs were able to find the original release that included the music CD...

Well, my Target sold out of the Zelda game about 4ish weeks ago. Yesterday, I went in to grab some items and check out the B2G1 sale (price matched Wii U Mario 3D World to amazon for $50.xx,) and found out they got in MORE Zelda: Skyward Sword copies....WITH THE MUSIC CD! They had seven total in stock.

Thought that might interest some of you as (1) it is a great, great game, and (2) it has great eBay / flip value depending on your preference on how / where to sell / trade.
Ugh, when did this site become Cheapassflipper?

And has their EVER been a copy of Skyward Sword without the music CD? If so it's gotta be rarer than the alternative right?

You can't reload money onto it? I obviously kept it because there was leftover money on it, but I had to use around 120 for the transaction
I never throw away the cards until I`m sure there`s no further use or need of return/exchange. I just label them with stickers & markers dated accordingly.

They gave me $65 on a Target GC. I was gonna use more money from the Visa for this deal anyway so it doesn't matter to me if it's Visa GC or Target GC.
Makes sense I just have gotten used to not being locked into 1 store plus target has the 90 day return policy. If all 3 games I got dropped to $10-$15 DOTD`s I`d return them.

I asked the gentleman in electronics to get three games for me. I then told him i need to price match one of them (ps3 lightning returns). He said, "you cant combine proce matches with the buy 2 get 1." I said, "that's ok, i would like to price match anyway." He threw the games in plastic cases and i walked up to customer service. Told the nice girl there i would like to price match lightning returns with amazon. She whipped out her phone, said "$37.99?" I said "Surree." The price i saw was $46 something. Anyway, she did the match, rang in the other two games, one of which was free.
On the way to the car i looked up amazon. I think she price matched a used copy, lol.

I got the Steam Cards at the Target on County Line Rd in New Tampa. The sign was on the cards and they had PC games below. I figured I took a shot. The guy asked the lady in electronics, but I told him the sign says otherwise with starter kits being excluded. He said he'll give it to me. I haven't been back to see if the sign is still there.

Targets not price matching for me anymore. Guess I got a little too greedy. Learned my lesson but I'm done with this deal. I was rejected at what I thought was the one place that would for sure do it. It was da same damn lady that did it for me yesterday too telling me I couldn't do it.

Targets not price matching for me anymore. Guess I got a little too greedy. Learned my lesson but I'm done with this deal. I was rejected at what I thought was the one place that would for sure do it. It was da same damn lady that did it for me yesterday too telling me I couldn't do it.
Last time B2G1 came around I had no problem but this time it hasn't felt as simple/for sure. Can still be done, but more pushback now (random guy in electronics mentioned they may not do b2g1 up front and cs lady didn't think they were allowed to do it).

Finally stopped by my store. Picked up some 3DS games...Super Mario 3D Land, Yoshi's New Island, and Bravely Default.  I sure do miss the 30% coupon from last fall, but oh well.

Denied a price match at a second Target today. Looks like they really did tell everyone not to. It's just a matter if the memo got to everyone or not.

Long time man, long time... its all about making cash or hoardig, not much gaming. Most people buy never play anything and the :eek:h my backlog is soo big now, back to 1995!"

Denied a price match at a second Target today. Looks like they really did tell everyone not to. It's just a matter if the memo got to everyone or not.
Oh, man, that stinks. Was actually thinking of paying more attention to Target sales like this due to them being willing to stack like that, and they go and take it away!

It shouldn't matter much at this point, only two days left. Someone I know just did it today. I plan on doing it one more time before the sale ends

Oh, man, that stinks. Was actually thinking of paying more attention to Target sales like this due to them being willing to stack like that, and they go and take it away!
When they do this deal again the system still won`t be fixed & if you either go in on day 1 and/or mix up the pm`s with other purchases you`ll still get the deals.

FWIW, I had zero hassle getting a PM and B2G1F.  Plus a little bonus.

Asked the electronics manager at the "boat" to pull Last of Us, Diablo 3, and Ground Zeroes.  Asked for a TRU price match on the first two, making all three $30 each.  She paused briefly while keying everything in, I assume because the B2G1F deal popped up.  But she let it go through.  $65 out the door.

I like that store and didn't want to raise any suspicions, so I returned Ground Zeroes at another Target.  The receipt showed everything correctly (each game had a $19.99 refund value), but when he scanned the receipt and the game, he gave me $32 back.  Yowza. 

So if anyone else only wants two games, it might be worth throwing Ground Zeroes in there as the third, just in case this can be replicated.  Good luck!

Anyone know if the Disney Magic 3DS game included in this promotion?

Anyone know if the Disney Magic 3DS game included in this promotion?
It will be tomorrow in store as the sale applies to all console and handheld games per the store signage. No idea if they will update the website, but probably not given their past practice.

And has their EVER been a copy of Skyward Sword without the music CD? If so it's gotta be rarer than the alternative right?
Not sure if that is judging me incorrectly for posting what I found...or just a general statement about how much talk there is of flipping on here.

Either way, for whatever the reason, this is a game that generated a lot of interest on the board here, and if people's local Target stores may still have this in stock, it is worth pointing out as it either seems as though:

(a) the game was reprinted,

(b) Target is clearing out their warehouses,

(c) Maybe my local store simply found additional stock in the back room

Again, whichever it is, priced at $20, and as part of the B2G1, I felt it was point out that, if nothing else, at least my Target was restocked with a reasonably priced, highly desirable game.

Just wanted to post my luck tonight.......at BEST BUY getting them to honor Target's B2G1 free sale:

Picked up the following:

Wii U - Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD - On sale this week at sticker price of $44.99  ($35.99)

PS4 - Battlefield 4 - On sale this week at sticker price of $39.99  ($19.99)

PS3 - Grand Theft Auto V - On sale this week at sticker price of $39.99  ($19.99)

Looking at the receipt, it is a bit confusing how he did it.  I don't exactly know how Zelda worked out to be $35.99, but instead of 'zero'ing out one game, he just took $20 off each of the other two.  I'm not complaining either way!

Out the door price for all three:

$75.97 + tax!

Pretty darn good if you ask me!   .....and it is just proof.....it can never hurt to ask!  First BB I went to today said they would not price match the B2G1.  Wound out a second BB to pick up an order, asked while at the counter (manager on duty,) and all he did was verify on Target's website that the sale is current and told me to grab whatever I wanted!

Just wanted to post my luck tonight.......at BEST BUY getting them to honor Target's B2G1 free sale:

Picked up the following:
Wii U - Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD - On sale this week at sticker price of $44.99 ($35.99)
PS4 - Battlefield 4 - On sale this week at sticker price of $39.99 ($19.99)
PS3 - Grand Theft Auto V - On sale this week at sticker price of $39.99 ($19.99)

Looking at the receipt, it is a bit confusing how he did it. I don't exactly know how Zelda worked out to be $35.99, but instead of 'zero'ing out one game, he just took $20 off each of the other two. I'm not complaining either way!

Out the door price for all three:
$75.97 + tax!
Pretty darn good if you ask me! .....and it is just proof.....it can never hurt to ask! First BB I went to today said they would not price match the B2G1. Wound out a second BB to pick up an order, asked while at the counter (manager on duty,) and all he did was verify on Target's website that the sale is current and told me to grab whatever I wanted!
He should have spread the $20 savings over each game but he didn't feel like doing the math. Leaving the odd price game untouched, gamer club unlocked discount kicked in ha ha.

I noticed that on my receipt next to the refund valve it said I only had 30 days to return. I'm in Los Angeles, CA so maybe different return policy.
Where you live doesn't matter its the item you are returning. Check the wall at customer service. It lists all types

Out the door price for all three:$75.97 + tax!
Pretty darn good if you ask me! .....and it is just proof.....it can never hurt to ask! First BB I went to today said they would not price match the B2G1. Wound out a second BB to pick up an order, asked while at the counter (manager on duty,) and all he did was verify on Target's website that the sale is current and told me to grab whatever I wanted!
You should fill out the feedback section on the receipt to give that store/staff credit. Next time you need a YMMV match on a deal, bogo or giftcard offer already having a rep on your side will greatly increase your odds. Once you get 1-2 managers in your favor make that your goto store, try to remember names & fill out the survey`s alot. It`ll be easy to remember you as the good/loyal customer who really appreciates their service.

Also, your deal is the product of the "human element" which generally works out in favor of the customer.

I noticed that on my receipt next to the refund valve it said I only had 30 days to return. I'm in Los Angeles, CA so maybe different return policy.
That weird their posted policy states 90 days exclusions on video game HARDWARE.
http://www.target.com/HelpContent?help=/sites/html/TargetOnline/help/returns_and_refunds/targets_return_policy/targets_return_policy.html

The following items must be returned within 30 days: netbooks, laptops, eReaders, tablets, cameras, camcorders, digital audio players, GPS systems, video game hardware, personal DVD players, and no-contract cell phones.

Must be a recent change w/i the last 6-8 months

refund/exchange policy

Most unopened items in new condition returned within 90 days will receive a refund or exchange. Some items have a modified return policy. Those items will show either a “return by” or "return within" day range under the item on your receipt or packing slip and in the "Item details, shipping" tab if purchased on Target.com

So price matching is pretty much a done deal? I'm not going to find out I guess anyway. I'm tired as hell and I'm not trying to get denied right now lol.

The Target near me didn't have one of the games I wanted, so I went to another one on the other side of town. They had it, so I picked up 3 games and tried to price match. The guy in electronics actually did the price match, but they weren't coming up B2G1 free. I went ahead and did the transaction, figuring I would go to customer service and tell them it didn't ring up with B2G1. I was in a hurry, so decided to wait and just go to the other store and ask them. The girl at customer service tried to ring them up and one of the games (the one I was definitely wanting to get) wasn't ringing up with the promo attached. She said that if it's part of the promo, it will show up on the register and that one didn't. She even showed me how the others were showing up with a note about it & that one didn't. So it seems that not every title is included. The game that wasn't ringing up right was Injustice for Xbox 360. I wasn't as concerned about the 3rd game, so I might wait and pick up Injustice & another game at TRU next week. The other game, however is higher than Injustice and is cheaper elsewhere. Anyone think I can price match it and get Injustice @ 40% off?

bread's done
Back