Target Black Friday ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
the $10 MSP and maybe the $1 dvds, and $35 for Need For Speed & Borderlands 2 are good deals (albeit other stores are offering the same for the games). Overall this is rather pathetic of an ad. Looks like Target will just be a last resort if I can't get anything elsewhere.

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']Don't remember where I read it, but Target did make it clear they weren't going to compete on BF or Xmas Holiday sales. It definitely shows with that pathetic ad. They're counting on the sheep that already shop with them to be clueless about going else where. fuck that and fuck them.[/QUOTE]

Lol you're awfully angry at Target for not contributing to the black Friday stupidity. More retailers should go this route. Would keep these companies from trying to steal Thanksgiving from their employees. Either way, more power to the people who embrace and brave this madness. Amazon is the only place I shop on black Friday.

Kind of looks like it says 1500 points, would be sad to go through all the work of technically not stealing to find out that it's the wrong sku.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']$10 for 1600msp? NICE![/QUOTE]

is this only in store and door buster that would suck :( I cant wait in line lol

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']what time do sales start online if you can indeed buy the ms points online.

also...would walmart really pricematch target's ad on bf?[/QUOTE]
Yes ive done it with Kmart and Target ads in the past.

wtf all those are doorbuster ... well I cant stand in line for the 20$ gift card from halo 4 , Creed 3 lol looks like I will luck out well Bestbuy has same price Ill get it form there I guess

1600 point cards are also kept at some checkouts at my target so keep an eye out there cause people might not notice them there.

You might get lucky with the MSP's (hoarding cards) but from our store we sent a memo out to get distributed that these should be limited, recommendation is 2 but what who know what corporate does in the end.

[quote name='nillarilla']I was hoping target would have more since Red Card members can buy a day early online... oh well[/QUOTE]

Really? Nice, then since I can get LBP Karting there instead of trying to go to the madhouse that is Walmart.

Or even better I hope Amazon matches a lot of these deals and I can stay home entirely ;).

[quote name='kelo360']But isn't the 200 COD bundle at best buy going to be gone in the first 30 seconds of Black Friday?[/QUOTE]

I kind of doubt it. It's only $50 off and early previews of the game have been pretty mediocre to negative, so I can't see people storming Best Buy to scoop them up, although anything is possible.

[quote name='bojay1997']I kind of doubt it. It's only $50 off and early previews of the game have been pretty mediocre to negative, so I can't see people storming Best Buy to scoop them up, although anything is possible.[/QUOTE]

You're thinking like a gamer...

Think like a soccer mom. Hmm $50 off Vita AND you get a one of the biggest name franchises with it. Yeh, it will be gone in seconds.

nope, nothing to see here. man this black friday is gonna be easy for me. just kmart for max payne 3, and then some blu ray movies at best buy. i decided not to get games that are $30 namely because i STILL have games sealed from 1-2 black fridays ago, dont needmore backlog. By the time i get to ACIII, it'll be $20 lol

[quote name='Jimmienoman']You're thinking like a gamer...

Think like a soccer mom. Hmm $50 off Vita AND you get a one of the biggest name franchises with it. Yeh, it will be gone in seconds.[/QUOTE]

Soccer moms buy stuff for kids and tweens. That's not really the Vita demographic. If it was a WiiU sale, I would say absolutely. I can even see them snatching up cheap 3DS units or Wiis or the bundles with the Skylanders packed in or even the 360 and PS3 bundles, but not a $200 portable that isn't exactly in demand.

If Walmart matches the print BF ads, then I'll get the 1600 msp from them instead of from Target. Though I don't know if I'll be near one on Friday. Hmm...

[quote name='FinderKeeper']If Walmart matches the print BF ads, then I'll get the 1600 msp from them instead of from Target. Though I don't know if I'll be near one on Friday. Hmm...[/QUOTE]

Walmart matches black friday ads per corporate policy. Any store that doesn't is going against company direction. Last year they even ran television/radio ads stating they will match.

[quote name='FinderKeeper']If Walmart matches the print BF ads, then I'll get the 1600 msp from them instead of from Target. Though I don't know if I'll be near one on Friday. Hmm...[/QUOTE]
Point cards will be hard to PM since they have to be activated. I can see Walmart giving push back on them.

Target top management seems to change their market strategy against us, cheapies.
Items on clearance have been getting rarer and rarer this year, final clearance gone from 75% to 70%...
Now, this BF deals, terrible! target seems to focus more on normal price model, not cheap-but-sell-a lot model anymore.

[quote name='infini2001']Target top management seems to change their market strategy against us, cheapies.
Items on clearance have been getting rarer and rarer this year, final clearance gone from 75% to 70%...
Now, this BF deals, terrible! target seems to focus more on normal price model, not cheap-but-sell-a lot model anymore.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much what their CFO said though.

[quote name='kelo360']But isn't the 200 COD bundle at best buy going to be gone in the first 30 seconds of Black Friday?[/QUOTE]

I don't think so... but I figure a better chance than Target honestly. Not sure really.... I think BB would have more in stock and more soccer moms at Target.

Edit: Plus I have Lego Batman 2 on the PS3... does that work for cross play... son of a bitch. Going to Target now!

As long as they don't try and limit them I'll pick up for sure about 5-6 of the points cards. Disappointed they are not price matching this year like they did last year. And mind you with the 3 month cards last year they did not have a limit on those as I picked up 8 of those (PM Best Buy's $7.99) and then on top of that got my red card discount as well.

[quote name='foreinter']Toysrus is offering $20 gift card this weekend for any xbox game.[/QUOTE]

I didn't see this on the website. Is it instore only?

Thanks for the heads up!

Target has some terrible deals this year. And I know why. They just took one look at Walmart's deals and were like, "no way we can compete. Screw it, we're done."

ill be at walmart around 6pm, and try to get everything i want in my cart, then check out by 8:00 or 8:30 when the sale goes live/activated, i need to be at bestbuy, no later than 9:00, to be in line to try and score a tv, so if their are still xbox cards left @ target for the $10 bucks, ill pick up 2 of them, but i wont be at taget till 1:30 at the soonest, unless my wife waits in line for about a half hour at bestbuy, by her self.
(BREATH)... to much to think about.

[quote name='Alex121006']ill be at walmart around 6pm, and try to get everything i want in my cart, then check out by 8:00 or 8:30 when the sale goes live/activated, i need to be at bestbuy, no later than 9:00, to be in line to try and score a tv, so if their are still xbox cards left @ target for the $10 bucks, ill pick up 2 of them, but i wont be at taget till 1:30 at the soonest, unless my wife waits in line for about a half hour at bestbuy, by her self.
(BREATH)... to much to think about.[/QUOTE]

If you want Black Friday Walmart items, you simply can't "load up your cart". They have many of these items wrapped in pallets.

And..if you want a certain TV (like...the 'doorbuster' ones) from Best Buy, you might be about 9 hours too late. The line at ours was well around the corner by noon.

Might want to rethink your BF strategy, or understand that you *might* not get everything you want. Just a heads up :)

[quote name='Fukurou']Target has some terrible deals this year. And I know why. They just took one look at Walmart's deals and were like, "no way we can compete. Screw it, we're done."[/QUOTE]

Target has always been one of those "I'm rich muthas". Everything is overpriced there. So meh they can go out of business.

I havent brought anything at target in two years. the last thing i brought there was a box of condoms when i was clearance hunting there one day. This ad isnt making me go there either

[quote name='superhippy1986']Target has always been one of those "I'm rich muthas". Everything is overpriced there. So meh they can go out of business.[/QUOTE]

If target is overpriced, I must be in the 1%!

(Hint: I'm not in the 1%)

[quote name='strait edge follower']I havent brought anything at target in two years. the last thing i brought there was a box of condoms when i was clearance hunting there one day. This ad isnt making me go there either[/QUOTE]

See the new like extra thin ones? Yeah......

i am eagerly awaiting amazon's black friday. last year amazon and best buy went insane before, during and after black friday with RIDICULOUS deals and I hope this year follows suit.

[quote name='litepink']If you want Black Friday Walmart items, you simply can't "load up your cart". They have many of these items wrapped in pallets.

And..if you want a certain TV (like...the 'doorbuster' ones) from Best Buy, you might be about 9 hours too late. The line at ours was well around the corner by noon.

Might want to rethink your BF strategy, or understand that you *might* not get everything you want. Just a heads up :)[/QUOTE]

my bestbuy wasn't that bad at all last year, i didn't get there untill about 10:00 pm and only missed getting a ticket for a tv by about 1 hour, the line wasn't verry long either.
and about walmart, well, im just going for games, so if they are locked in the cases, ill just wait in that area untill the sales person starts to release them, but every walmart is different, some have the games already displayed, ready to grab and place in the kart. but every BF always turns out different for me, and pretty much every body.
but thanks for the info :)

[quote name='Alex121006']ill be at walmart around 6pm, and try to get everything i want in my cart, then check out by 8:00 or 8:30 when the sale goes live/activated, i need to be at bestbuy, no later than 9:00, to be in line to try and score a tv, so if their are still xbox cards left @ target for the $10 bucks, ill pick up 2 of them, but i wont be at taget till 1:30 at the soonest, unless my wife waits in line for about a half hour at bestbuy, by her self.
(BREATH)... to much to think about.[/QUOTE]

You don't know how the WalMart doorbusters work then. By all means though, you can load up your cart with full price items if you want;). And lol at all the lawyers here quoting PM store policies. No rank and file employees in either of the 2 walmarts by me know how to do a PM, not even at the customer service desk. I either need to flag down a manager or tell the person at the customer service desk to log onto their website while I wait to see that they do PM and what the policies are. Even if some shop at Walmarts with everyone properly trained, any ass that tries a PM on black friday in my stores holding everyone up will be grabbed by the customers waiting in line behind them, have their face pounded into a mush resembling uncooked ground beef, and will find a new ahole torn into them on their backside. And that would be the pleasant black friday crowd, satisfied from a full Thanksgiving dinner in their tummies. The others will go to the next aisle from electronics where guns are sold after teller the would be price matcher, "I'lll be baaaack.":twoguns:

[quote name='GbJGonzo']Woah...hold up...little big planet karting for 25 bucks?!?!

I like LBP, at that price its a buy for me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, eveyone is dumping on Target but I think that is a great deal. It was one of the ones I was considering going to Walmart for. I'm hoping this is some sort of trend (as often the same games are on sale a lot of different places I'm sure no doubt due to Sony and the like cutting deals for certain games) and Amazon has it for that price and I don't even have to leave the house (like last year).

[quote name='AT7Vette']so Forza Forizon is $15 at Wal-Mart...what is the chance of price matching at Target and still getting the gift card?[/QUOTE]

They will not price match and give you the giftcard (per policy) if they were even price matching bf.

[quote name='superhippy1986']Target has always been one of those "I'm rich muthas". Everything is overpriced there. So meh they can go out of business.[/QUOTE]
Wow your username kind of says it. Business is over priced get over it. Find the best deal and don't whine.

[quote name='bzchanboy']If you plan on doing this I highly advise you to get your cards from another store. (IE Bestbuy, Walmart, Walgreens) just take the cards as they have no value and take them to the target you are planning on getting the points from. I only suggest this cause that's a lot of cards you will be taking away from others at that specific store.

Yes I know its kind of a grey area, but I have been told by fastcard in the past that this is what you should do if you come across no stock at another store.[/QUOTE]

Yeah no. You are stealing fastcards plastic even if it is only for a short period of time. Additionally while you are being a good delivery boy you can copy the codes/data with a little tech and once someone else buys that card (activating it) you have as much access to that account as you do.
I'm really fucking sure a company said hey if walmart doesn't have our cards but target does stuff them in your pants (avoid security) and bring them to walmart.

In light of the target is overpriced discussion:

Out of curiosity, what's your biggest or most frequent purchase products at target? I mean, for daily products and groceries they can't beat Costco prices, I really couldn't find anything to buy there when I scavenge for games clearance occasionally.

[quote name='TooPoor']In light of the target is overpriced discussion:

Out of curiosity, what's your biggest or most frequent purchase products at target? I mean, for daily products and groceries they can't beat Costco prices, I really couldn't find anything to buy there when I scavenge for games clearance occasionally.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat, Target's prices are not competitive anymore on everyday items.

Clearance games and TVs have kept me coming back to browse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back