Target Black Friday ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='strife01104']Will amazon price match any if these deals between the different stores? That's my question[/QUOTE]
I'm sure they will, and iin some cases even beat the B&M store deals. But shopping on Amazon on black Friday is a little like playing roulette, deals pop up at different times and can sell out within seconds.

[quote name='Blumpkin']I'm rather disappointed with all the B&M stores so far. A decent deal hear or there, but nothing on Gamefly sales.[/QUOTE]

It's hard to sell things new as cheap as they are used. ;)

[quote name='confoosious']It's hard to sell things new as cheap as they are used. ;)[/QUOTE]

Well obviously, but it's not even close. Gamefly has met or beaten a lot of the deals already.

And I still can't believe that everybody is trying to get $25 for MW3. It's been out for a year and has a follow up releasing this week. If it were a Madden game it'd be $10 by now.

[quote name='chickenbutt']So Target opens at 9pm on thanksgiving night?[/QUOTE]

and walmart opens at 8.

Next year, Target will open at 7 and Walmart at 6.

In 2016, black friday starts on Easter.

It's getting kind of ridiculous. And having gone through a doorbuster for shits and giggles, it's completely not worth it unless you are doing it completely for shits and giggles with friends. Sometimes you can get lucky and just find what you want an hour or two after it opens.

[quote name='confoosious']and walmart opens at 8.

Next year, Target will open at 7 and Walmart at 6.

In 2016, black friday starts on Easter.

It's getting kind of ridiculous. And having gone through a doorbuster for shits and giggles, it's completely not worth it unless you are doing it completely for shits and giggles with friends. Sometimes you can get lucky and just find what you want an hour or two after it opens.[/QUOTE]

Well that sucks. Could've used some cheap MS Points. Never went Black Friday shopping before. Looks like I'm never going now :p
Maybe I'll go check out each of them an hour after they open and hope I get lucky.

[quote name='TooPoor']In light of the target is overpriced discussion:

Out of curiosity, what's your biggest or most frequent purchase products at target? I mean, for daily products and groceries they can't beat Costco prices, I really couldn't find anything to buy there when I scavenge for games clearance occasionally.[/QUOTE]

I buy groceries and home decor all the time.

Advantages of Target:
-5% off everything and free shipping online with your RedCard.
-Hundreds of coupons available on http://coupons.target.com/ . These coupons stack with manufacturer coupons, which also stack on top of sales, gift card offers, or even clearance.
-Their clearance outside of videogames is spectacular. I've scored so many wonderful things for my new house these past few months. Lamps, mirrors, knobs and so much more. Good looking stuff too.
-It's a clean, well organized store. I'll gladly pay a few more cents per item more for the atmosphere and to avoid "Walmart people". I'm sorry, it may sound snotty but there's a reason why there's a peopleofwalmart.com. The South Park episode where they depicted people in rascal scooters at Walmart was super accurate.
-A shower curtain may be $1-$2 more at Target versus Walmart, but you get what you pay for. You pay just a little extra to get much nicer things.
-This sort of relates to product selection. Often times at Walmart I see the trashy looking clothes there and think "people buy this?". Rarely does that thought cross my mind at Target.

Yes, if you compare items side by side without any offers, Target will often lose out. However, I feel I can have "nice" things at a reasonable price, whereas other places offer me "cheap" looking things at a cheap price. And with their stackable coupons and clearance, Target has a good reputation among extreme coupon-ers.

In comparison to some game retailers, they suck though, and that's too bad. Every so often though they have a surprising gift card offer, temporary price cut, clearance game, or crazy offers like the trade-in special thing several months back.

edit: upon examination of my comment, I was very fixated on Walmart, whereas the comment I quoted used Costco as an example. I'm sure Costco is better then Walmart, but the general ideas of why I like Target still stands.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='litepink']I buy groceries and home decor all the time.

Advantages of Target:
-Hundreds of coupons available on http://coupons.target.com/ . These coupons stack with manufacturer coupons, which also stack on top of sales, gift card offers, or even clearance.
-Their clearance outside of videogames is spectacular. I've scored so many wonderful things for my new house these past few months. Lamps, mirrors, knobs and so much more. Good looking stuff too.
-It's a clean, well organized store. I'll gladly pay a few more cents per item more for the atmosphere and to avoid "Walmart people". I'm sorry, it may sound snotty but there's a reason why there's a peopleofwalmart.com. The South Park episode where they depicted people in rascal scooters at Walmart was super accurate.
-A shower curtain may be $1-$2 more at Target versus Walmart, but you get what you pay for. You pay just a little extra to get much nicer things.
-This sort of relates to product selection. Often times at Walmart I see the trashy looking clothes there and think "people buy this?". Rarely does that thought cross my mind at Target.

Yes, if you compare items side by side without any offers, Target will often lose out. However, I feel I can have "nice" things at a reasonable price, whereas other places offer me "cheap" looking things at a cheap price. And with their stackable coupons and clearance, Target has a good reputation among extreme coupon-ers.

In comparison to some game retailers, they suck though, and that's too bad. Every so often though they have a surprising gift card offer, temporary price cut, clearance game, or crazy offers like the trade-in special thing several months back.[/QUOTE]

Nice, this is exactly how would describe target. The 5% off alone is worth going there, its the only retailer I buy new games/consoles from because of that.

Advantages of Target:

In comparison to some game retailers, they suck though, and that's too bad. Every so often though they have a surprising gift card offer, temporary price cut, clearance game, or crazy offers like the trade-in special thing several months back.

edit: upon examination of my comment, I was very fixated on Walmart, whereas the comment I quoted used Costco as an example. I'm sure Costco is better then Walmart, but the general ideas of why I like Target still stands.[/QUOTE]

These are like the exact reasons why I shop at Meijer. Awesome store if you live in the midwest.

Advantages of Target:

edit: upon examination of my comment, I was very fixated on Walmart, whereas the comment I quoted used Costco as an example. I'm sure Costco is better then Walmart, but the general ideas of why I like Target still stands.[/QUOTE]
Good points, sounds like I should look harder for home decor items there next time I start decorating. For these stuff I often go to TJmaxx, they have decent home decor at very low prices, the downside is that the variation in style. You really have to wait a while until you spot a mirror that will go well with the stand that you bought. Being in LA I NEVER go to walmart, people get shot there.

[quote name='Blumpkin']I'm rather disappointed with all the B&M stores so far. A decent deal hear or there, but nothing on Gamefly sales.[/QUOTE]

Are you wanting Target to offer a free bag of chips with your game purchase? [rimshot]

I think it's about time I get one of those RedCards. I hate Target.com and prefer using real credit cards for my purchases, but 5% is 5%.

Well, at least the mystery of the vanishing POTC Black Pearl Lego sets is solved. They were like 10% off on clearance and the next day they were all gone.

If the old lady hits target, I'll have her grab a few 1600 cards, but that's about it for me. I'm not going out this year, I'm staying home with the kids and my sanity.

[quote name='InFlames215']Nice, this is exactly how would describe target. The 5% off alone is worth going there, its the only retailer I buy new games/consoles from because of that.[/QUOTE]

However Walmart's normal prices are usually at least 5% cheaper than Tartget without coupons

Advantages of Target:

Well said, and the two comments I've put in bold were spot on for me. In addition to the people shopping at Wal-Mart, the people working at the two places (at least in my area) are completely different. When I go to Wal-Mart, I normally have to seek out someone to help me find anything if I need it, and I'm lucky if I get anything more than the total cost from the person ringing me out. At Target, the people are helpful and friendly. I don't go to Wal-Mart often, but when I do, I remember why it's been so long.

[quote name='bob101910']However Walmart's normal prices are usually at least 5% cheaper than Tartget without coupons[/QUOTE]

Three pennies is not 5%.

[quote name='apollosrequiem']Is that a good deal? I just got a 360 so I'm not up on the system yet.[/QUOTE]

They like to use funbucks rather than money to stay as confusing as possible and guarantee that you usually have some points leftover after a purchase that you can't spend.

Its $20 in human money.

[quote name='Slowdance']They like to use funbucks rather than money to stay as confusing as possible and guarantee that you usually have some points leftover after a purchase that you can't spend.

Its $20 in human money.[/QUOTE]

Key word: human :cool:

[quote name='Kromis']Key word: human :cool:[/QUOTE]

Shit, that makes it sound racist. 1600 Allards is equal to $20 in American human monies.

Heck yeah, in for a video rocker......heck, I may get one at EACH diff retail LOCATION. Come on people....get over offering this same crap every year.

This is getting crazy with the shopping on Thanksgiving. I could sorta see midnight, but this is just stupid now. Basically going all Amazon this year. I actually like my family.

[quote name='oscargrouch']This is getting crazy with the shopping on Thanksgiving. I could sorta see midnight, but this is just stupid now. Basically going all Amazon this year. I actually like my family.[/QUOTE]

Ok oscargrouch

[quote name='oscargrouch']This is getting crazy with the shopping on Thanksgiving. I could sorta see midnight, but this is just stupid now. Basically going all Amazon this year. I actually like my family.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you do, and we do too. One less person on BF. :)

It's a good thing most of my family goes out on Black Friday. It's been a tradition for my sister and I to go every year now.

also dont forget target has the 4day ad for the week of black friday which usually has good deals in it. some that would normally be bf deals.

1.Go to Target before Black Friday.
2.Find Microsoft Points cards and hide them where no-one will look.
3.Go back later on BF and buy them.

No way I am busting the doors down, and I have a feeling that deal is going to be popular.

[quote name='Woolagaroo']1.Go to Target before Black Friday.

No way I am busting the doors down, and I have a feeling that deal is going to be popular.[/QUOTE]
All it takes is 30 minutes for the store to look ransacked on black friday so good luck hiding it. ;)

No way I am busting the doors down, and I have a feeling that deal is going to be popular.[/QUOTE]

I might be overlooking something but why not just take the cards. They have no value until activated anyway. Then on BF just purchase them.

[quote name='coopscohen']I might be overlooking something but why not just take the cards. They have no value until activated anyway. Then on BF just purchase them.[/QUOTE]

You know that's not a bad idea. I've done that on accident too. They have no point value at all until purchased. :whistle2:k

Did that last year at walmart. I hid like 3 copies of a game.

2 of them were still there like a month after black friday.

may do this...but where to hide them? Hopefully loss prevention doesn't find them and put them back on display.

[quote name='MXRider']Did that last year at walmart. I hid like 3 copies of a game.

2 of them were still there like a month after black friday.
[/QUOTE]

Did you hide them in the tampons section?

The best place to hide the point cards until black Friday is under a fixture in a gaming aisle. The bottom shelves lift up revealing a nice hiding spot. I used to do this all the time during the golden age of Target clearance.

Uh, isn't hiding merchandise considered shoplifting if you get caught? I'm pretty sure it is here in Ky. NOT worth going to jail and having it on your record if you ask me.

[quote name='bob101910']However Walmart's normal prices are usually at least 5% cheaper than Tartget without coupons[/QUOTE]

The items you know that have the stacking coupons for, Wal-Mart does not even come close on price much less 5%. And wal-Mart will not price match the stacking coupons and the red card discount so there are always reasons to go to Target. Like others have said, buying consoles, phones, apple product there is always smart since they are not allowed to be discounted by anybody, yet somehow I always get the 5%. I'm not Target fanboy, don't get me wrong, if there are no coupons involved, WalMart often becomes my choice. You should not forget Target as a shopping destination either, though

[quote name='thundarr']Uh, isn't hiding merchandise considered shoplifting if you get caught? I'm pretty sure it is here in Ky. NOT worth going to jail and having it on your record if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

You can get put in jail for moving things in a store???

Wow, I'd say that sounded like a police state but I' not sure that covers it :hot:

[quote name='benjamouth']You can get put in jail for moving things in a store???

Wow, I'd say that sounded like a police state but I' not sure that covers it :hot:[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt anyone could be arrested from doing that but I am sure employees could tell you to not do that and if they catch you two or three times again ask you to leave the store which is the most they could do unless you refuse and make a scene.

I feel like hiding the cards or walking out with them and coming back to get them activated is a grey area. On one hand sure, you are securing something you want to purchase that day and hopefully you aren't el hoardo doing this but on the other hand this screws over people who might be waiting in line to grab these or who actually show up early to get this but they can't because someone hid most of them or walked out of the store a day before with them. Not trying to get morally preachy on this since there is too much of that on this site as it is, but just something to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back