Target Black Friday ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='FlamedLiquid']may do this...but where to hide them? Hopefully loss prevention doesn't find them and put them back on display.[/QUOTE]

Put them behind a bunch of magazines Wed. night.

[quote name='Wompdevil']I highly doubt anyone could be arrested from doing that but I am sure employees could tell you to not do that and if they catch you two or three times again ask you to leave the store which is the most they could do unless you refuse and make a scene.

I feel like hiding the cards or walking out with them and coming back to get them activated is a grey area. On one hand sure, you are securing something you want to purchase that day and hopefully you aren't el hoardo doing this but on the other hand this screws over people who might be waiting in line to grab these or who actually show up early to get this but they can't because someone hid most of them or walked out of the store a day before with them. Not trying to get morally preachy on this since there is too much of that on this site as it is, but just something to think about.[/QUOTE]

Taking the cards without paying for them is shoplifting. You are preventing other people from buying them at full price thus costing the store revenue. No further discussion is required.

[quote name='bojay1997']Taking the cards without paying for them is shoplifting. You are preventing other people from buying them at full price thus costing the store revenue. No further discussion is required.[/QUOTE]

People put things out of place all the time and nothing happens.

Shoplifting is when you intend to take something out of the store without paying for it.

[quote name='bojay1997']Taking the cards without paying for them is shoplifting. You are preventing other people from buying them at full price thus costing the store revenue. No further discussion is required.[/QUOTE]

Reason I mentioned that is according to some people on here, since the cards have no value and they aren't like regular store merchandise but through the card vendor, Fastcard or something, that this is ok. I work retail and personally would never do anything like this because I do feel like this would be on the side of shop lifting, but since I don't know the true story behind the cards I was just adding my two cents about the situation in regards to screwing other people over possibly.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']People put things out of place all the time and nothing happens.

Shoplifting is when you intend to take something out of the store without paying for it.[/QUOTE]

Huh? Taking a card out of the store is a whole lot different from just putting it out of place.

I think hiding stuff goes beyond selfishness and into Scrooge territory. That said, we sure seem to have a lot of lawyers on his forum spouting the "law".

Aren't there normally just stacks of those cards anyway???

[quote name='litepink']I buy groceries and home decor all the time.

Advantages of Target:
-5% off everything and free shipping online with your RedCard.
-Hundreds of coupons available on http://coupons.target.com/ . These coupons stack with manufacturer coupons, which also stack on top of sales, gift card offers, or even clearance.
-Their clearance outside of videogames is spectacular. I've scored so many wonderful things for my new house these past few months. Lamps, mirrors, knobs and so much more. Good looking stuff too.
-It's a clean, well organized store. I'll gladly pay a few more cents per item more for the atmosphere and to avoid "Walmart people". I'm sorry, it may sound snotty but there's a reason why there's a peopleofwalmart.com. The South Park episode where they depicted people in rascal scooters at Walmart was super accurate.
-A shower curtain may be $1-$2 more at Target versus Walmart, but you get what you pay for. You pay just a little extra to get much nicer things.
-This sort of relates to product selection. Often times at Walmart I see the trashy looking clothes there and think "people buy this?". Rarely does that thought cross my mind at Target.

Yes, if you compare items side by side without any offers, Target will often lose out. However, I feel I can have "nice" things at a reasonable price, whereas other places offer me "cheap" looking things at a cheap price. And with their stackable coupons and clearance, Target has a good reputation among extreme coupon-ers.

In comparison to some game retailers, they suck though, and that's too bad. Every so often though they have a surprising gift card offer, temporary price cut, clearance game, or crazy offers like the trade-in special thing several months back.

edit: upon examination of my comment, I was very fixated on Walmart, whereas the comment I quoted used Costco as an example. I'm sure Costco is better then Walmart, but the general ideas of why I like Target still stands.[/QUOTE]

I agree with everything you said. I haven't been to Wal-Mart in over 5 years and I don't plan to change that soon.

Costco is the only place I buy clothes and food. They have a markup policy, they can only mark up items 20% (IIRC). So you will see items super cheap in bulk. Clothes are super cheap too. Kirkland Jeans for $14. Khaki pants for $20. The downside to the markup policy is some items are loss leaders at other places and can be cheaper, but it's only 1% of the time.

I mostly get house items that Costco doesn't carry, but every else is target. Especially if I can get it on coupon.

[quote name='Kay_Faraday']Did you hide them in the tampons section?[/QUOTE]
The bottom of a dvd display, and behind pc games(no one buys those)

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Walmart wins again.[/QUOTE]

yes they do with dishourned and wwe 13 for 25 they got my attention

[quote name='prmtyme']Who ever trying to PM BF is an idiot LOL you deserved to get laughed at on that day[/QUOTE]

Yeah, like trying to price match a $5 price mistake in store. :lol:

[quote name='confoosious']Yeah, like trying to price match a $5 price mistake in store. :lol:[/QUOTE]

But a price mistake is different than price matching another store's ad! :lol:

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']But a price mistake is different than price matching another store's ad! :lol:[/QUOTE]

So true!! stop stalking me smh bring up stuff from another thread

[quote name='prmtyme']Who ever trying to PM BF is an idiot LOL you deserved to get laughed at on that day[/QUOTE]

Speaking of idiotism, how did the $5 glitch price match go? Employees got a good laugh?

[quote name='Blabadon']They will be.[/QUOTE]

Ok so why is everyone freaking out about not being able to get those MSP? Can't we just get it at walmart since I'm sure walmart will have plenty of them

[quote name='HornyPony']Speaking of idiotism, how did the $5 glitch price match go? Employees got a good laugh?[/QUOTE]

the idiot is you because they tried to run it through but the SKU was no longer up feel stupid dont you?

I asked before but it looks like it got overlooked. Are black friday deals going to be available online for target (and if anyone knows for walmart that would be helpful too).
Thanks!

Hiding cards is shoplifting. They might not have any actual value but I do work in retail and when we can't find a bunch of those cards either Itunes, xbox, or what not it becomes an assets protection case and is fully investigated. Do not do this.

[quote name='prmtyme']the idiot is you because they tried to run it through but the SKU was no longer up feel stupid dont you?[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling that this dude has a slight case of Down Syndrome.

[quote name='computingwarren']I have a feeling that this dude has a slight case of Down Syndrome.[/QUOTE]

That's not nice.

I do wonder who the photo in his avatar is though.

[quote name='prmtyme']the idiot is you because they tried to run it through but the SKU was no longer up feel stupid dont you?[/QUOTE]

Content with you proving my point.

[quote name='AshesofWake']Hiding cards is shoplifting. They might not have any actual value but I do work in retail and when we can't find a bunch of those cards either Itunes, xbox, or what not it becomes an assets protection case and is fully investigated. Do not do this.[/QUOTE]

When you say fully investigated do you mean they search round the store and try to find the stashed cards ??

[quote name='benjamouth']When you say fully investigated do you mean they search round the store and try to find the stashed cards ??[/QUOTE]

He probably means they look at the security camera tape to see if anyone tried to steal them or something. Just a guess

[quote name='JohnWayne']He probably means they look at the security camera tape to see if anyone tried to steal them or something. Just a guess[/QUOTE]

yeah pretty much. It isn't hard to find where they went especially when a considerable amount is gone all of a sudden. You just have to trace it from where they are stocked. and there's not that many locations. Just don't do it whoever was contemplating it. It's stupid and not worth it. Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back