Not open for further replies.

radjago

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
*Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads*
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to www.schworak.com/upc/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

[quote name='Roufuss']Both Megaman X Command Mission and Viewtiful Joe dropped to 4.98 today... went ahead and snatched both of them up.

I still have the receipt where I paid 9.96 for VJ, so I'm returning that tommorrow.[/QUOTE]

Viewtiful Joe has been $4.98 for most of the week. I mentioned this a few days ago. I also think Onimusha 3 might be around that same price.

[quote name='Roufuss']Both Megaman X Command Mission and Viewtiful Joe dropped to 4.98 today... went ahead and snatched both of them up.

I still have the receipt where I paid 9.96 for VJ, so I'm returning that tommorrow.[/QUOTE]

VJ was that for PS2 or GC? Thanks

[quote name='straightballin']3 questions. I took some UPCs to target. When it says 0.00 does that mean their out of stock? When it does say a price does it mean its in stock? I went to the target and rayman arena is 2.47 so is it in stock or what cause I never asked and I forgot to write the games next to the upcs?[/QUOTE]
When a specific product is completely removed from their inventory, often Target will $0.00 the sku. BUT that does NOT mean that a upc with a corrolating price (such as the Rayman Arena sku) is in stock, nor that they will be recieving any more.

[quote name='bdw418']Fellas, I picked up Farcry for 4.98. Pretty good deal, IMHO.[/QUOTE]
Very good deal, for a great game.

[quote name='Yumemiru Hito']I'm sure this has been asked before, but does anybody have or can find a copy of the World of Warcraft CE in these Target clearance aisles that someone could part with? [/QUOTE]
I might have seen that the other day at my local Super Target. What's the price you're looking at? Next time I head over, I'll pick it up for ya, if it's there.

[quote name='ne2eire']VJ was that for PS2 or GC? Thanks[/QUOTE]

It's the ps2 version. Atleast that's what mine was clearancing out.

Target has Guild Wars for only 40 dollars. Im going to Target to buy it. I looked at the Deluxe Edition on some sites and $80 is not a very great price. Thats twice the original game. It isn't that bad because Guild Wars doesn't have a monthly fee.

I just noticed tonight at my Terget that the Atari Flashback Console is on clearance.It's just beginning the cycle at 15% off so I picked one up for $16.98. Still were plenty left so maybe I should have waited for 30% or 50% but I didn't want to miss one for only a few dollars savings.

guinavere said:
I might have seen that the other day at my local Super Target. What's the price you're looking at? Next time I head over, I'll pick it up for ya, if it's there.

I was trying to locate it for the $40-50 that everyone seems to be finding it at in these Target clearances. If you can track one down for around this price, that would be awesome. PM me if they still have it.

OK, did a clearance run at a few of the Targets in my area (Memphis, TN)

At three of the Targets (Memphis Central on Colonial, Hickory Hill, and Germantown on Poplar), they had some crappy PC games, but not much else (and no WoW CE, unfortunately.). The Memphis Central Target had the EA Sports Plug and Play (1 player version) clearanced at 9.98, but they have a ton of them, so I'm going to hold out for a further drop.

I finally found some great stuff at the Collierville Target (Poplar and Byhalia.)

Viewtiful Joe PS2- 4.98 (last copy)
Mega Man X: Command Mission PS2- marked 13.98 but rang up at 4.98, saw at least 2 more copies
Onimusha 3 - 3.74 (!) (it wasn't stickered at all, there was one more copy in the "Value Video Games" section.)

They also had 4 or 5 copies of Street Hoops for Xbox for 4.98, but I didn't bother.

Oh yeah, all 4 Targets I visited also had the Atari Flashback clearanced for $16.98, but I bought it when it was 19.99.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']one in Garner near the 401/70 split had Wavebirds on clearance for 14 bucks. If they drop again, I am probably going to pick a few up[/QUOTE]
What color were they?

Newb question....but is it possible to buy a clearance game, and return it before the return exp date is up, only to re-purchase it at the lower price? Just wondering if you could keep doing this until it reached a super cheap price.

[quote name='tayaf69']Newb question....but is it possible to buy a clearance game, and return it before the return exp date is up, only to re-purchase it at the lower price? Just wondering if you could keep doing this until it reached a super cheap price.[/QUOTE]

Customer Service probably wouldn't let you... Target is a VERY strict store when it comes to these sort of things. Probably tell you it has to be "restocked" or some such excuse.

Plus, it takes the fun out of gambling with it. Waiting for a lower price, but you'll never know if someone will come along and buy it before you.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Can someone summarize all the deals for me because I'm to lazy to go through all 11 pages :rofl:[/QUOTE]

Target sometimes sells older games at low prices to get rid of them. Glad I could help.

[quote name='guessed']Target sometimes sells older games at low prices to get rid of them. Glad I could help.[/QUOTE]

I'll clarify a bit.

Target puts games on clearance... this section varies from store store. Scan random, out of the case games and look for games that end in .96, these are clearance. The price is not set in stone however, and will keep dropping until it leaves the store.

We'll take Megaman X Command Mission for instance. When it first hit clearance, I believe it was 19.96. A few weeks later, it dropped to 14.96 (the computer does this automatically). Then it was 12.96 a few weeks later, 9.96 after that, and it finally hit 4.96 about a week ago (I bought it then).

Basacially, it's a gamble waiting on certain games to drop. The one copy of Onimusha 3 that was at this Target was sold when it was on clearance for 12 bucks, I believe.

The point of this thread is to track which games go on clearance (since this is usually nation wide and they are not marked) and to report the prices (this varies greatly from store to store).

[quote name='guessed']Target sometimes sells older games at low prices to get rid of them. Glad I could help.[/QUOTE]
This answer wins. Don't reward laziness.

[quote name='nwaugh']This answer wins. Don't reward laziness.[/QUOTE]

I know laziness doesn't win, but damn! ALL 11 PAGES?!

[quote name='MaxBiaggi2']Nobody ever said life was easy, right? :D[/QUOTE]
Oh god my mouse-clicking finger hurts SO BAD

[quote name='tayaf69']Newb question....but is it possible to buy a clearance game, and return it before the return exp date is up, only to re-purchase it at the lower price? Just wondering if you could keep doing this until it reached a super cheap price.[/QUOTE]

You can do it but they will return the game to stock and not let you rebuy on the spot.

I've done it . . . when a game is 9.98 buy 2 copies . . . when it hits 4.98 return one of them (with receipt) for 9.98. Stop by the next day and buy it for the discounted price. If you miss it you still have the 9.98 copy . . . if you get it then return the other 9.98 game . . . I only did this once . . . got too complicated for me

[quote name='swick']Oh god my mouse-clicking finger hurts SO BAD[/QUOTE]

It's the eyes that scans the page that hurts :shock:

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Can someone summarize all the deals for me because I'm to lazy to go through all 11 pages :rofl:[/QUOTE]

I'd only go back the last two weeks. You'll find the current deals in those pages only.

At the Target in Bedford Heights OH:

Kingdom Under Fire the Crusaders dropped to $2.54 so I picked up one. They had about 3 copies left in the clearance section

I don't know what's up, but my trusty & reliable local target suddenly has NO games on clearance. Not a one. There are computer games on clearance (housed elsewhere in this store), but nothing in the electronics area. Actually, there weren't any clearance electronics either! They recently had three big cardboard racks overflowing with crappy $10/15 games (pinball, robin hood, bad boys, etc. -- separate from the normal GBA and GH/PC racks), which are now gone -- I KNOW they didn't sell all those. I hoping someone just cracked down and cleaned out excess stock, or they'll be no more target deals for me.

I checked another store looking for onimusha, and also found only computer, no console on clearance. However, I don't know that store well enough to determine if this is a regional pattern.

[quote name='Roufuss']Plus, it takes the fun out of gambling with it. Waiting for a lower price, but you'll never know if someone will come along and buy it before you.[/QUOTE]
This makes me laugh... kind of a form of bargain hunter's "chicken". :lol:

LOTS of games on clearance at the Target in Bedford OH

LOTR 3rd Age XBOX 1398
THPS 4 XBOX 2.54
NFS HP 2 XBOX 2.54
Several players hits like PoP Sands of Time, Counter Strike were also on sale for 13.98 (all XBOX) And the best.... since Viewtiful Joe wasn't appearing in the system the dept. manager of electronics gave me it for 2.14. Great day @ Target!

[quote name='spoo']A lot of Xbox games $4-$15. PSX sport games & 2packs $4-$35. GCN Network adapter 14.xx. @ Urbandale Super Target.[/QUOTE]

I can vouch for seeing the same clearance at another Target today. The XBOX games that I remember seeing on clearance were:

$9.98
Spiderman
Castle Wolfenstein
ESPN Football 2K5
James Bond Nightfire
James Bond Everything or Nothing
Prince of Persia

Also saw Final Fantasy Tactics (PS1) for $7.48 and the old GTA Collection (PS1).

For the Gamecube, they had loads of Star Wars Rebel Strike for $9.98.

[quote name='geepgal']I don't know what's up, but my trusty & reliable local target suddenly has NO games on clearance. Not a one. There are computer games on clearance (housed elsewhere in this store), but nothing in the electronics area. Actually, there weren't any clearance electronics either! They recently had three big cardboard racks overflowing with crappy $10/15 games (pinball, robin hood, bad boys, etc. -- separate from the normal GBA and GH/PC racks), which are now gone -- I KNOW they didn't sell all those. I hoping someone just cracked down and cleaned out excess stock, or they'll be no more target deals for me.

I checked another store looking for onimusha, and also found only computer, no console on clearance. However, I don't know that store well enough to determine if this is a regional pattern.[/QUOTE]

The exact same thing happened at the SuperTarget by me. They used to have a section with clearance games, but their entire electronics area got shuffled around and now they're all gone. Or at the very least I haven't been able to find where they put them. Bah.

Saw about 20 Timesplitters 2 for the Cube for $5. Does anyone know if you can change the default "floaty" aim control to standard FPS aiming? Might pick it up then.

[quote name='Saurus']Saw about 20 Timesplitters 2 for the Cube for $5. Does anyone know if you can change the default "floaty" aim control to standard FPS aiming? Might pick it up then.[/QUOTE]

Have about that many still sitting around at TRU, it'll be $5 once it hits 50%. Might check to see if my Target has any though, cause who knows if it'll be around at 90% when it would be cheaper.

Don't know if I should make a new thread just for this but I'll just post it here and see how it goes. I'm sure this has been posted already but Magic: The Gathering for Xbox was on clearance for 9.99 (which is the reason I stopped by) but I also walked by those TV Plug N Play games. They had a sign that all of them were $19.99 so I picked up EA's PNP which has NHL '95 and Madden '95 (Sega versions) and when they rang it up, it came out to $4.98. I don't know if all of the PNP's are that much but if you're interested, it's worth a shot. This is in the DFW area and as per usual may be YMMV. Sorry but I don't have access to scan the receipt.

[quote name='Saurus']Saw about 20 Timesplitters 2 for the Cube for $5. Does anyone know if you can change the default "floaty" aim control to standard FPS aiming? Might pick it up then.[/QUOTE]

I own it, and I personally like the nature of the crosshair so I didn't mess with it too much. However, you can totally remove the crosshair in the Options menu and go Counter-Strike "no-scope" style by using a dry-erase marker to draw your own crosshair =)

Either way, for 5 bucks that's a good 15+ hours of cool little challenges (story mode sucks), and the multiplayer is awesome - once you earn some good weapons and levels.

Although I think I'm going crazy (thought there were some GC broadband adapters at my Target last week, not even a tag tonight), the Mayfield Heights Target is now tagging clearance items on the racks. Particularly for PC games, rather than finding them on a random shelf, they're marked Clearance amongst the other games, i.e. Third Reich for $19.99. Gonna wait for that to drop a little bit before I snag it. And in case anyone in the area was still looking for it, Rainbow Six 3 for XB is clearanced for $9.98.

My awesome wife picked up Pinball Hall Of Fame (Xbox) for $4.98 last night. She actually calls me everytime she goes to Target and tells me every single clearance game she finds. I've married well.

Shipwreck - That is awsome. A great wife can multiply your good deals. My wife (Never plays games) hunted me out a PS2 when they came out. (Worked over the Toys R Us employee until he told her when the shipment was.) She also got me a DS when it came out. :)

Matthew

[quote name='simpsonps121']My wife hunted me out a PS2 when they came out. . . also got me a DS when it came out.[/QUOTE]

Given the choice of cheap games or new launch price systems, I'd choose the games. Then again, my wife doesn't buy me any gaming-related stuff. :cry: At least mom looks out for me once in a while. :D

The target I went to in Chicago had NOTHING good......Cool boarders 4, Shrek for PS2, Kelly Slaters Pro Surfer.....I guess the good stuff was all gone.

[quote name='simpsonps121']Shipwreck - That is awsome. A great wife can multiply your good deals. My wife (Never plays games) hunted me out a PS2 when they came out. (Worked over the Toys R Us employee until he told her when the shipment was.) She also got me a DS when it came out. :)

Matthew[/QUOTE]

Well, I got a PSP from my g/f on my b-day, so there! :p

She lives in SJ, CA and I live in SC, CA so whenever there's a deal at Fry's or something, she'll go pick it up for me. I've dated well. ;)

Went to the (surprisingly) renovated Culver City CA Target, and there were a few good deals. I didn't bite, as I own most of them, but others may be interested:

Outlaw Volleyball Xbox $5 - seriously good game
Crave's Pinball Xbox $5 - was cheap to begin with, but there aren't many pinball choices
Timesplitters 2 GC $7 - pretty average price, but one of GC's best FPSs
Counterstrike Platinum Xbox $10 - if it was $5, I would've bitten
Tales of Symphonia GC $13 - great RPG
Links Xbox $10 - I was close to getting this, but Tiger 2005 and Hot Shots PSP keep me busy

Aside from Starsky and Hutch for $5, those were basically the only games with red Clearance stickers. I didn't bother looking up the other stuff in the area, but you may be more motivated. I just stopped at that Target to get a Pac-Man ghost t-shirt -- which they were out of. :(

At the Holland, MI store, ALL PSX GAMES ARE ON CLEARANCE! Prices are $6.49-$9.99. I only picked up one, but I may go back later with my credit card and pick a few more up. Plus, Tales of Symphonia was $9.99, MegaManX Command Mission, and the aforementioned xbox games.

[quote name='ViolentLee']
Timesplitters 2 GC $7[/QUOTE]

Anyone know of a cheap place to get this for xbox? Also, I'm on the lookout for Unreal Chapionship 2, xbox as well.

[quote name='valleyvampiress']Anyone know of a cheap place to get this for xbox? Also, I'm on the lookout for Unreal Chapionship 2, xbox as well.[/QUOTE]

I picked up Timesplitters 2 for Xbox for $5 at CC last summer . . . still unopened, doh!

You can get it for $8.50 shipped from EBGames.com

$10 before discounts
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/223818.asp

After you add it to your cart, enter codes CAG15 (15% off coupon) and SAVER (free shipping as long a used game is in the order). You can get it down to $7.50 if you have a "Saver" card ($5 at EBGAMES gets 10% off used games).

Unreal Champ 2 used is $25 before discounts
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/244406.asp

Damn my target is really good at pulling old games. That or the shelf life for games there is really short. They dont even have Devil May Cry 3 in stock anymore! I saw some clearance games like nfl 2k5, and ncaa football 05 as well as some clearance guides for 7.48. This is the first time I have seen any clearanced games for about a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back