Not open for further replies.

radjago

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
*Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads*
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to www.schworak.com/upc/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

Update from the University Heights Target:

Same GC games as Mayfield, but fewer: I am 90% positive that the entire stack of FF: CC went over to Mayfield, which is fine for me, I'll get that when it drops down to $10.98 or lower. Just a couple of the usual GBA stuff as always. Oh, and about... 40+ copies of Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4 for PS2, took up an entire shelf.

Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War, Blackhawk Down + Team Sabre expansion are $9.98 each, waiting for those to drop to $6.98, then I'll snatch 'em up. NWN Platinum is also $19.98 there, still too rich for my blood since I already have Gold.

I picked up two copies of Midway Classics 1 for PS2 for $4.98 each at the B-Ham Target today, and decided against the $12.48 Halo 2 headset still hanging out.

I picked up Metroid Zero Mission and the original Fire Emblem for $15 each today. I'd been waiting for them to drop for a while. This was at the Holt Ave. Target in Milwaukee if anyone's interested, although I got the last Fire Emblem. Probably 20 copies of MZM left.

[quote name='botticus']Give it time, it'll drop. Even though some stuff is cheap at mine (the gray Wavebirds aren't even on clearance anymore, they were $14.98), things like NWN are still at 27.98, most of the PC stuff didn't drop this week.[/QUOTE]

Waiting is not working well at my local Targets lately. I was going to watch to see if I could get an Atari Flashback for $5. But they all vanished. I was at a Salvation Army store and they had 6 Flashbacks . . . but they wanted $10 for them. My Target ships things out before they bottom out these days.

The price drops are taking longer and longer too now it seems. There were games that were 30% off at my local Target for almost 4 weeks. It took the Atari Flashback, I think around 6 weeks to drop to $5 and by that time there were only 2 left. It used to be, week 1, 30% off; week 2, 50% off; week 3, 75% off.

In addition, it seems like everything is tagged as clearance with the correct price now. Around Spring 2002 when I first started going after Target clearance deals, there was no indication anything was on clearance. For example, I remember seeing Kirby's Tilt N Tumble for Gameboy Color, $29.99 in the case but scanned for $7.48. Same with a ton of Gameboy Advance games for $6.50 - $8.00 (this was when all GBA games were still $30 - $40). Now it seems like you have to be really lucky to get a game at 75% off.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']The price drops are taking longer and longer too now it seems. There were games that were 30% off at my local Target for almost 4 weeks. It took the Atari Flashback, I think around 6 weeks to drop to $5 and by that time there were only 2 left. It used to be, week 1, 30% off; week 2, 50% off; week 3, 75% off.

In addition, it seems like everything is tagged as clearance with the correct price now. Around Spring 2002 when I first started going after Target clearance deals, there was no indication anything was on clearance. For example, I remember seeing Kirby's Tilt N Tumble for Gameboy Color, $29.99 in the case but scanned for $7.48. Same with a ton of Gameboy Advance games for $6.50 - $8.00 (this was when all GBA games were still $30 - $40). Now it seems like you have to be really lucky to get a game at 75% off.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I simply have to get lucky just to get anything in fact. That's why I stopped going and looking for the Target deals unless I"m actually there. I found there Prince of Persia GBA, Golden Sun: Lost Ages, etc. but then the deals started to not come at all, or I'd miss them so I gave up.

Stopped by Target during lunch today to scan my paper barcode and see if the Wavebirds had dropped but no dice since they were being wonky. Was hoping the XBox carry case had dropped to the $5-7 range since it's pretty decent looking but it's still at $15. They had Kim Possible 2 but it was still $20 which was disapointing but I grabbed the Ghost in the Shell Special Edition which I just watched. Pretty good for $10 considering it's marked for like $24 normally though I guess that's just a sale item this week.

Found nothing good on the games front at my Target [well, Bad Boys for $2.50, but it's hard to call that "good" ; ) ]. However, all the dorm furnishings have gone 75% off. A lot of it is pretty girly, but they have some cool stuff: standing black lights for $5, a storage/seating cube for $5, sturdy ottoman (footstool) for $5, bed raisers for $4 (they supposedly light up, I don't know in what color, but are innocuous clear plastic otherwise. Nice to increase under-bed storage space w/o using cement blocks or bricks.), "Lounge" neon light for $5, standing lamp for $5 or $6, table (not a card table) and 4 chairs for $20... I cleaned up for less than $25.

FYI if you're interested, sorry if this is old news.

Picked up Custom Robo (14.98) and NBA Street 2 (9.98) for GC yesterday. Did not think Robo would last so I picked it up. Was surprised to see some PS2 modems still there for 8.98. Picked mine up at $17.

Two Notch/ Columbia, SC

I only found a buncha of GTA: vice city $13.98 and Call of duty:GOTY $20.98 at my alhambra, ca store thats worth mentioning today.

[quote name='paintballers']Is there a lsit of the games on clearance in this thread?[/QUOTE]

Don't think so. Maybe I'll go through and compile one that a mod can tack on the start of the thread later today.

[quote name='amusedtoe']Don't think so. Maybe I'll go through and compile one that a mod can tack on the start of the thread later today.[/QUOTE]

I'd really appreciate that if you could. :)

[quote name='amusedtoe']Don't think so. Maybe I'll go through and compile one that a mod can tack on the start of the thread later today.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter as all Target Clearances are a totally YMMV thing. They have their own schedules on price dropping and availability.

[quote name='lurknomore']It doesn't matter as all Target Clearances are a totally YMMV thing. They have their own schedules on price dropping and availability.[/QUOTE]

But to have some kind of list so that we can check if it's available at our store, would be helpful. Prices vary, but the post can just state the lowest available price it was at, and the highest for the clearance, like, "FFvsTTR: $9.96 - $29.99".

[quote name='valleyvampiress']But to have some kind of list so that we can check if it's available at our store, would be helpful. Prices vary, but the post can just state the lowest available price it was at, and the highest for the clearance, like, "FFvsTTR: $9.96 - $29.99".[/QUOTE]

Agreed

not a video game deal, but if you need bedding or stuff for your room head to a supertarget . I got a comforter today for 5 bucks, and they had sheet sets for like 7. Most of the stuff was X long twin sets, but there were some full and queen sets as well (no comforters for really cheap aside for the twin sets)

just figured I would point it out because none of the Targets near me have been lowering any of their games for the past week or so.

Target on Rte. 38 by the Cherry Hill Mall in NJ still has a copy copies of:

Second Sight (GC) $10
Lord of the Rings: Third Age (GBA) $10

I passed on both. Been spending too much lately...

Picked up Viewful Joe 2 (GC) for $9.98
Madden 2005 (GC) for $14.98
and my buddy and I both bought PS2 network adapters for $8.98

Target in Elizabethtown, KY. They had quite a stack of clearance games.

I found a load of Prince of Persia: Warrior Within's (GC) at my Target for for $15 if anyone wants post in my trade thread and I'll pick up and ship to you for a small fee or trade for something I might want.

[quote name='paintballers']How long have this sale been going on for because I dont want to go to target if everything is going to be gone.[/QUOTE]

Taget's clearance is always ongoing. If stock doesn't circulate as well, they put clearance stickers on it and typically put it on the end caps. I'm not sure of the turnout before they can put clearance stickers. It's at least a few months. After the clearance stickers are up, it usually take a few weeks for the prices to be lowered even more.

[quote name='paintballers']How long have this sale been going on for because I dont want to go to target if everything is going to be gone.[/QUOTE]

Call them up. Simple as that

my target finally lowered some of the gamecube prices, Everything or nothing was $9.98, Final fantasy was $14.98, Prince of persia was $14.98, Finding nemo and shark tale were 9.98 and a few sport titles were 14.98...i only brought Prince of persia and everything or nothing

[quote name='Redeema']I found a load of Prince of Persia: Warrior Within's (GC) at my Target for for $15 if anyone wants post in my trade thread and I'll pick up and ship to you for a small fee or trade for something I might want.[/QUOTE]

That wouldn't be the Target in Mission Viejo, CA, would it? I noticed like 10 of them there yesterday.

It's taken them at least a month to drop to $15, from the so-called clearance price of $20.98, but there are so many of them that they'll probably drop to $7.48. If it gets there, I'll bite. But not yet.

Here is what I found at Clearance at my TARGET

PC:
CSI MIAMI -$9.99
City of Heroes -DVD ed-$14.98

GBA:
Gundam Seed Battle Assault-$14.98
Metroid Zero Mission-$14.98
There were some others but I don't remember.

PS2:
Viewtiful Joe 2 -$14.98

GC:
Final Fantasy-Crystal Chronicles-$14.98
Second Sight (dont remember the price)
Lord of the Rings (Twin Towers) - (dont remember the price)

PSP:
Hip Gear Speakers- $41.98 (I think)

Ok here's a pretty decent list. Went through a lot of it but I don't have time to go through all of it. Still I tried to focus more on the most recent reportings. Everything's sorted by platform and price, with accesories seperated, and I listed the lowest price since everything's YMMV and this way you can judge if your Target's price is good.

Xbox
---
Yourself Fitness - $4.34
Thief: Deadly Shadows - $7.48

Madcatz Microcon - $6.XX
Star Wars Wireless Controller - $7.48
Gameshark - $9.98
Halo 2 Headset - $12.48
Carrying Case - $14.98

Cube
---
Second Sight - $7.48
Viewtiful Joe 2 - $9.98
NBA Street 2 - $9.98
Lord of the Rings The Two Towers - $10.48
Tak 2 - $10.XX
The Urbz - $13.98
Metroid Prime - $13.98
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles - $14.98
Wario Ware Mega Party Games - $14.98
MegaMan Anniversery Collection - $14.98
Madden 2005 - $14.98
Pikmin 2 - $14.98
Custom Robo - $14.98
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within - $15
The Legend of Zelda: The Four Swords - $20.98

DK Bongos - $7.48
Star Wars Wireless Controller - $7.48
First Party Black Controller - $9.98
Wavebird Grey - $14.98
Bongos w/ Donkey Konga 2 - $14.98

PS2
---
Serious Sam - $2.48
Scalar - $2.98
NBA 2K5 - $4.88
Neo Contra - $4.98
Midway Classics 1 - $4.98
Shadow Hearts Covenant - $7.48
Enter The Matrix - $9.98
Ghost in the Shell - $10
Mafia - $13.98
Viewtiful Joe 2 - $14.98

Network Adapter - $9.98
Multitap – $12.48
First Party Slate Controller - $14.98
Carrying Case - $14.98

GBA
---
Castlevania NES Classic - $4.98
The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age - $10
Fire Emblem $14.98
Gundam Seed Battle Assault - $14.98
Metroid Zero Mission - $14.98
Yoshi’s Island - $14.98

Wireless Adapter - $12.98

PSP
---
Audio Kit - $2.48

PC
---
Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich - $.79
Rapella Pro Fishing - $2.98
Sega Smash Pack 2-Pack - $4.98
American McGee’s Scrapland - $4.98
Freedom Fighters - $4.98
Command & Conquer Generals: Zero Hour - $6.98
Tribes: Vengence - $7.48
Men of Valor - $7.48
Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War - $9.98
Black Hawk Down - $9.98
Tony Hawk’s Underground - $9.98
Doom 3 Expansion - $9.98
CSI MIAMI - $9.99
Unreal Tournament 2004 - $9.99
Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow - $9.99
City of Heroes DVD edition - $14.98
Neverwinter Nights Platinum Edition DVD – 19.98
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines - $20.98

Misc.
---
13” Sharp Aquos LCD TV - $125

Shadow Hearts Covenant - $7.48
Network Adapter - $9.98

Excellent prices here.. for some reason, I want to buy Shadow Hearts again, even though I already have it. Damn these sales..

[quote name='.JPG']Anyone live in Wisconsin and could confirm that the DK Bonogo's with Donkey Konga 2 really is $14.98?[/QUOTE]

Its just the bongos. Well, unless someone stumbled upon a goldmine with that package on clearance.

[quote name='SilverPaw750']Is the Doom 3:RoE for PC? Just making sure :)[/QUOTE]

..well yeah, the XBox version isn't even out yet..

Does anybody know if your Target is listing PoP: WW right now for $14.98, will it drop to $7.48 later? Or will it just leave their system? I just wanted to know because I've got a PoP: WW waiting for me at one of my Targets. Thanks.

[quote name='Scorch']Holy crap! I want that for under a dollar!!![/QUOTE]

Wow. Excellent deal. I checked both my local ones and they don't carry it anymore. :(

[quote name='dcswirl']I scored Everything or Nothing for XBOX for $4.98.[/QUOTE]

Good find! I just picked it up used for about $6.75 at EB Games. You got a way better deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back