Staff member
Feedback
122 (100%)
Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads*
Winter 2k6 thread
Summer 2K5
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to http://upcdata.info/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

Games that do not sell after being discounted are often donated to local Goodwills for sale at their retail stores, so check there when the clearance items dissappear.

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

[quote name='YoshiFan1']It's not true, as I mentioned on the last page and as you stated, it's only for holiday and seasonal merchandise on clearance[/quote]

I totally forgot about the holiday stuff in my post, sorry about that. I was focused on games. :)
Yes, holiday and "seasonal" stuff is as stated above, only returnable for the lowest clearance price. Thus the sign.

I have never had an issue returning a clearance item to Target. I get back what I paid, no hassle. The only questions I get are "Is there something wrong with this" or "Is there a reason you are returning this?" Easily answered questions. "No" and "changed my mind" always work great. I feel Target has one of the best return policies of all the big box stores. If you have a receipt, you haven't opened your game, you get your money back. Lines are usually quick.

One time, I bought a GBA game from the game case and since you don't really get to see the game, I ended up buying a GBA game box that someone stole the game out of. I didn't notice this until I went home. I went back to Target, told them what happened and they replaced my gameless game, no questions asked.

Try returning something to Fry's someday. Yikes!

[quote name='oxidative']I have never had an issue returning a clearance item to Target. I get back what I paid, no hassle. The only questions I get are "Is there something wrong with this" or "Is there a reason you are returning this?" Easily answered questions. "No" and "changed my mind" always work great. I feel Target has one of the best return policies of all the big box stores. If you have a receipt, you haven't opened your game, you get your money back. Lines are usually quick.

One time, I bought a GBA game from the game case and since you don't really get to see the game, I ended up buying a GBA game box that someone stole the game out of. I didn't notice this until I went home. I went back to Target, told them what happened and they replaced my gameless game, no questions asked.

Try returning something to Fry's someday. Yikes![/quote]
Target also has a 90 day return policy. I think it has one of the best return policies of most stores. Only two that I heard is better on certain items Walmart and COSTCO ( great for electronics ).

I saw one of those t-shirt bundles at my target, like a week ago. I didn't pick it up since I'm not really interested in the game.

When do you guys think we'll see the next markdown on Odama? I'd rather pay $6 for it than $12. My target still has 4 copies in the case, marked at $34.

Yeah, they had about 5 or so copies of Darkwatch which I was about to pass on and hope to get it for cheaper unitl I noticed one extra thick copy. The T-Shirt was bundled with it just like how BB does their preorders with Ts if you're familiar.

The T-Shirt itself is black with the Capcom Logo on the front with "Darkwatch" on the back accross the sholders and with an image of Tala (I think, the kind of skanky one?) under it.

I'm at work, but I'll try to remember to take a pic when I get home.

[quote name='eau']Any chance that Odama may drop further from $12.48?[/QUOTE]

There's always a chance, but there's also a chance they'll just send them to Goodwill.

1 left at 118th and NE Glison in Portland as of Saturday for $12.48.

[quote name='stoned99']Picked up the Dungeon Seige II Addon for 14$ (50% Off) today.[/quote]Saw this last night also, but the box was pretty beat up. Going to check some other Targets.

I did pick up MoH: European Assault for Xbox for $9.98

nothing out of the clearance.

although i saw Battalion Wars :gc: over at the Player's Choice rack, priced at $14.99.

and also, i got a die-cast Battlestar Galactica for only $4.97 (orig. $19.99).:bouncy:

[quote name='oxidative']There's always a chance, but there's also a chance they'll just send them to Goodwill.

1 left at 118th and NE Glison in Portland as of Saturday for $12.48.[/QUOTE]

Nice to meet a fellow Portland CAG, I was the one who got them all marked as clearance and moved out of the case on Friday morning ;)

118th & Glison is currently out, Fairview has none and Mall 205 had 1 as of 5:00 p.m. Monday night for those interested.

Personally, I'm hoping for the next Fred Meyer 50% off clearance seeing as how that provided me my best haul last year in the Portland area.

[quote name='topnotch97']nothing out of the clearance.

although i saw Battalion Wars :gc: over at the Player's Choice rack, priced at $14.99.

and also, i got a die-cast Battlestar Galactica for only $4.97 (orig. $19.99).:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Die-cast Battlestar Galactica? Do tell, is it big, little, is it the ship from the current series? My wife would love one.

[quote name='Archgarth']Die-cast Battlestar Galactica? Do tell, is it big, little, is it the ship from the current series? My wife would love one.[/quote]
yeah, this is the current series BSG. the die-cast version that i got was the bigger one that originally retailed for $19.99. the small ones like a matchbox toy was around $4.99, but they never got clearanced.

galactica-1.jpg

galactica-3.jpg

galactica-5.jpg

check the endcaps near the video games, since the clearance games and toys are usually clearanced on one area. they still got those Star Wars die-cast figures and vehicles.

IMGP0583.jpg

damn, there are better deals for the toys than the games, which is why i didn't get any. :lol:

3 copies of Odama @ $12.50

3 copies of Gunstar Super Heroes @ $13.98

3-4 copies of The Warriors @ $12.50

All at the East Brunswick, NJ store as of 4PM yesterday

Also a bunch of PC games......all I really noticed though was the add on for Dungeon Seige II.

[quote name='topnotch97']nothing out of the clearance.

and also, i got a die-cast Battlestar Galactica for only $4.97 (orig. $19.99).:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I am very jealous of that Battlestar.

I picked up Odoma for $13.

I saw Hitman, Blood money clearanced at the Richmond, VA Target (off of Broad street) for 20.98. Waiting for it to go below 10.

EDIT: I guess I should mention that it is the PC version. Sorry if this has been posted before.

[quote name='JokerCard']O!

How much was that grievous?
I really wanted it but for $20....it was a hard sell...[/quote]

Hitman: Blood Money was retailing for 29.99. Hasn't fallen far enough for me to pick it up.

I just picked up an iPod Radio remote (wired remote and radio for newer iPods). It was mixed in with the games. Last time I was there, it was only $5 off ($44.95 or so instead of $49.95) but this time it was 50% off. I've been wanting one for quite a while, but $50 is way too much for a remote (I won't use the radio function much).

[quote name='Gojtron']Got an Odama at Sanford, FL store. Found 2 copies of Test Drive Unlimited 360 for 4.98 apiece in Port Orange, FL.[/quote]

4.98? i'm gonna have to keep my eyes peeled for that one.

[quote name='Gojtron']Got an Odama at Sanford, FL store. Found 2 copies of Test Drive Unlimited 360 for 4.98 apiece in Port Orange, FL.[/quote]

holy crap, will definately go looking for that one!

Huh? That seems a little weird it's $4.98 and no one in this thread ever reported of finding it cheaper in the meantime?

But Dungeon Siege 2 expansion for 50% off, I'll snag that if I see it, they clearanced that out FAST.

[quote name='allyourblood']4.98? i'm gonna have to keep my eyes peeled for that one.[/QUOTE]
If you do find a copy of Test Drive PM me the location :)

[quote name='Roufuss']Huh? That seems a little weird it's $4.98 and no one in this thread ever reported of finding it cheaper in the meantime?

But Dungeon Siege 2 expansion for 50% off, I'll snag that if I see it, they clearanced that out FAST.[/QUOTE]

I believe the Test Drive that Target has on clearance is the XBox version (that came out in 2002). That store obviously mispriced the 360 version of Unlimited.

[quote name='Josef']I believe the Test Drive that Target has on clearance is the XBox version (that came out in 2002). That store obviously mispriced the 360 version of Unlimited.[/QUOTE]

Yea, what's weird is I went to three different Target's tonight and I didn't see Test Drive Unlimited at all for the Xbox 360. Not in the case, not on clearance, nothing!

Every store had TONS of Dungeon Siege 2: Broken World... I might let that one drop to $10 or hell, even $5 before I get it. Kind of weird they clearanced it out so early, it's only been out two months or so, but whatever ;)

About 2 or 3 weeks ago, I grabbed two copies of Test Drive Unlimited (360) at the Lake Jackson, TX Target for $3.76 each. The bar code wouldn't scan and when she typed in the code from the "sold as is" clearance stickers, the receipt showed the PS2 version of Test Drive. Someone made a big mistake on that one!..... easily the best clearance deal I've gotten at Target yet!

[quote name='RiCeBo1']If you do find a copy of Test Drive PM me the location :)[/quote]

no prob. i'll probably just pick up an extra for you so you don't miss out.

^Will Odama drop in price? I mean I checked at a local Target on a Sat. last week and then checked again on following Mon. evening and it still had the same price of $12.48. I remember reading somewhere in this tread that Target drops prices on Mondays.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']^Will Odama drop in price? I mean I checked at a local Target on a Sat. last week and then checked again on following Mon. evening and it still had the same price of $12.48. I remember reading somewhere in this tread that Target drops prices on Mondays.[/QUOTE]
I don't know if they will drop, but I'm still going to be checking on Monday. My target still has them in the case marked at $34.

[quote name='erehwon']I don't know if they will drop, but I'm still going to be checking on Monday. My target still has them in the case marked at $34.[/quote]
If the price ends in an '8' then it's at 75% off. They usually don't mark games to 90% off, but you can wait and maybe get lucky.

Also, check the price at a scanner. My store had them marked at about $25 but a check on the scanner revealed it's really $12.48. Print out and bring in the UPC at UPC Database

[quote name='maccabee72']About 2 or 3 weeks ago, I grabbed two copies of Test Drive Unlimited (360) at the Lake Jackson, TX Target for $3.76 each. The bar code wouldn't scan and when she typed in the code from the "sold as is" clearance stickers, the receipt showed the PS2 version of Test Drive. Someone made a big mistake on that one!..... easily the best clearance deal I've gotten at Target yet![/QUOTE]

Must be a weird thing with that game then....a month or two ago I picked one up at Target for $12.48, same thing, had the "sold as is" clearance sticker on it, and I believe when they rang it up it scanned as some sort of DS product. I've never seen that game in any other Target, clearance or otherwise.

Has Wario Ware Touched (ds) ever gone on clearance at Target? I saw one in the case the other day with no sales tag. Everyone was busy so I didnt' ask the price.

Picked up Prince of Persia: Two Thrones (xbox) for $9.98 today. It was the last one they had in stock. They also had a ton of MVP '06 and NCAA Baseball '06 for $7.98. And found Ninja Guiden Black and Bond: From Russia W/ Love for $9.98.

[quote name='JokerCard']O!

How much was that grievous?
I really wanted it but for $20....it was a hard sell...[/quote]

I got my Grievous and Boba Fett Unleashed for $9.98 each. :D

As for games, I haven't seen many deals lately. :cry:

[quote name='allyourblood']no prob. i'll probably just pick up an extra for you so you don't miss out.[/QUOTE]

:) I'd buy a copy from you as well if you can get one more.

I was at target a couple of days ago and these prices were not there, so I think these are new drops (but of course, YMMV). Today I saw:

King Kong (Xbox): $4.98
Full Spectrum Warrior (Xbox): $3.74
Evil Dead Regeneration (Xbox): $3.74
Big Mutha Truckers 2 (Xbox): $3.74
Fantastic Four (Xbox): $4.98
Tak & The Great Juju Challenge (Xbox): $4.98

I was hoping Ninja Gaiden Black had been further reduced, but it was still ringing up at $14.98.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back