Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw a 2k essentials at mine and that Wii U headset. I'm glad my Target is actually starting to clearance things, this has to be the first time I've at least seen it.

Cape Girardeau MO store had:
:3ds: Lego Star Wars 3 $5.98
:3ds: Hello Kitty
:ps3: Crysis 3 Hunter Ed. $14.xx
:360: 2K essentials $13.xx
Imagine Dragons record $8.xx

Selection has been getting better, still not great.

Compton had a Nook reader 29.50

MgP81f0.jpg

Yeah, I saw a couple days ago that the Nooks that were clearanced (simple touch and HD was what I checked) were down to 50% in the system at the store I was at.   They just didn't have any that I could find.

These work really well with my PS4 and cell phone. I love the behind the head style, they are comfortable and everyone I've played with/talked to says I come over loud and clear. A great deal for $13 and below.

B0365689909.jpg
These are now $8.98 at the Cockeysville, MD store. Also picked up 2K Essentials 360 for $5.98 (DPCI# 207 22 1040) and Epic Mickey Power of Illusion 3DS for $5.98 (DPCI# 207 02 1395) . This is a very underrated game. I really enjoyed it.

I don't know if its been posted or not but I saw about 5 MH3U Wiiu games for $14.98
I found one of these last night for $8.98. I already owned it but picked it up anyway, to gift/trade. Also picked up the Xcom/Borderlands/Bioshock bundle for $5.98. Also seen a bose sound dock series II for $100.

Anyone know if the Max Payne/GTA iv complete two pack clearance? It rang up $40 MSRP everything time I checked but this week it disappeared from my local store.

Weird that combo is $20 regularly. Should be with the rest of the value games that are 19.99
Always scanned at $40 for me, including last week. I'd consider it for $20 too. The one copy was always sitting mixed in the junk/clearance area.

Saw a bunch of Wii U headsets today priced at 19.99.  I took it to a price scanner, and sure enough, it rang up at 13.98.  Not a bad deal but I'm gonna wait until it drops to 8 or below.

Well it was clearance it just never made it to the floor so it went salvage.
the disney infinity figure "Syndrome" was on clearance. Lowest it got to was 3.88 but scanned it and came up 0.00. Just a heads up for any other stores that might be clearancing them soon

Saw a bunch of Wii U headsets today priced at 19.99. I took it to a price scanner, and sure enough, it rang up at 13.98. Not a bad deal but I'm gonna wait until it drops to 8 or below.
Edit: Scratch that. I just found the exact same headset at Five Below!! I would have posted this in the Five Below thread but I couldn't find it. I guess I'll just make a new thread about it.

I'm still in shock that first party Nintendo accessories are at 5B. Good luck to those trying to find it.

clearance, as is, or online item? nice find, hope you picked it up

found three copies of Titanfall guide @17.98

anyone find defiance for PS3 or was it just for 360?
Clearance. Yeah, I picked it up even though I have no interest in the game. :p

It was just the "70% off less than a month after release" thing. :p

I saw a bunch of PS Vita Starter kits. Like ten. $19.98. It might be chain-wide because they don't like to clearance at the store where I saw them.

Edit: Scratch that. I just found the exact same headset at Five Below!! I would have posted this in the Five Below thread but I couldn't find it. I guess I'll just make a new thread about it.

I'm still in shock that first party Nintendo accessories are at 5B. Good luck to those trying to find it.
Actually they are not first party nintendo product that why. They are made by a group called project sustain who also make stuff for ps3 and psvita but they got nintendo approval to make these headset with the Nintendo logo http://project-sustain.org/ the same way that some the Nintendo logo stuff is actually made my rocket fish

Actually they are not first party nintendo product that why. They are made by a group called project sustain who also make stuff for ps3 and psvita but they got nintendo approval to make these headset with the Nintendo logo http://project-sustain.org/ the same way that some the Nintendo logo stuff is actually made my rocket fish
Well it's like that for all the consoles. BDA makes a lot of Nintendo branded stuff, PDP makes stuff for Sony, can't remember who the big one is with MS. Make all those official secondary sort of accessories.

My store NEVER has anything anymore except for really old shovelware that's still overpriced even at "clearance". But this week I actually stumbled across a really good deal:

Lightning Returns: FFXIII - PS3 - Steelbook case - clearanced to $41.98
How long is Target's PM/return policy?

These work really well with my PS4 and cell phone. I love the behind the head style, they are comfortable and everyone I've played with/talked to says I come over loud and clear. A great deal for $13 and below.
Hell yeah. I picked up the :wiiu: headset to use on PS4. Super comfy. I feel like such a minority for preferring "On Ear" style to Earbuds and Over Ear, so I'm glad somebody is still making these things.

Hit up the Super Target in Humble,TX tonight. I didn't pick up anything video game wise, but they had multiple Skylander Portal packs for 3DS and 360 for 2x.xx. Also saw the wii u headphones for 13.xx, Wii U Planes for 2x.xx, PS3 Arkham Orgins with Knightfall bonus content AS IS for 30.98(I almost bit on this), and a 3DS ac adapter for who knows how much. 

Wii U headset is now 5.98 and 3Ds charger is the same price. Picked up Cod Ghosts card for 20.98 Xb1/360. Also saw some Gateway monitors for half off.

I saw a few copies of :ps3: Sonic Racing All Stars Transformed marked at 4.98. The :360: Zoo Tycoons I reported were gone, but apparently they dropped down to 14.98. Also, I saw the a Vita starter kit for 11.98.

To the CAG in Mobile, AL who wiped out the clearance, you forgot to get the Sonic Racing games, which were worth $19.80 a piece at Best Buy ;)

Alot of headphones on clearance at my local target, including Bose $200 pairs all the way down through skull candy and Sony. Got a pair of Sony cans fot $15 down from $50. Pretty good quality for the price, better than the 50 dollar klipsch ear buds I just bought yesterday. They are going back.

Alot of headphones on clearance at my local target, including Bose $200 pairs all the way down through skull candy and Sony. Got a pair of Sony cans fot $15 down from $50. Pretty good quality for the price, better than the 50 dollar klipsch ear buds I just bought yesterday. They are going back.
Hmm, I'll check mine, since I need a new pair.

Went to Cobb Pkwy Target in Smyrna GA last weekend. Saw Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate :wiiu: with the red clearance tag for $20.98. Something compelled me to price check it, and it rang up $8.95. Couldn't say no. Gonna check and see if they still have any WiiU headsets tomorrow.

I saw a few copies of :ps3: Sonic Racing All Stars Transformed marked at 4.98. The :360: Zoo Tycoons I reported were gone, but apparently they dropped down to 14.98. Also, I saw the a Vita starter kit for 11.98.
To the CAG in Mobile, AL who wiped out the clearance, you forgot to get the Sonic Racing games, which were worth $19.80 a piece at Best Buy ;)
Please stop trolling the sales and deals to make a profit. This isn't slickdeals.

Got the COD Ghosts xbox360/Xbox one combo pack for 20.98. Sticker said 49.98 on it but thanks to earlier posts in this thread I decided to scan it.

Only things I saw were Defiance for $13 Just Dance Disney $6 and a game that was a week ago $19.99 X men Destiny now listed with an as is sticker for $30.06 Lol all 360

Found dragon quest IX ds on an end Cap for $34.99

But the skylanders starter sets for spyros adventure and giants were all $19.99. Grabbed one of each for 3ds since it had 2 "exclusive" figures
Also had a few graphing calculators that were labeled but wouldn't scan in the scanner to see if the sale was any lower. They each said "not found in system"

DQ IX probably isn't worth it at this point because of the lack of tagging opportunities and the online shutting down in May, and you can get a used copy on eBay for like $15

Yeah well thanks to the poster mentioning that, it helped me get a 3DS game for cheaper. Isn't that the point of CAG?
It definitely is, to hook other games up with knowledge of deals. That poster is doing the opposite, ruining any chance of you getting a deal if you live near them since they admit to hoarding and flipping.

It definitely is, to hook other games up with knowledge of deals. That poster is doing the opposite, ruining any chance of you getting a deal if you live near them since they admit to hoarding and flipping.
I don't know what your problem is I was posting clearance items to help out other CAGs. I wasn't hoarding or doing anything shady

Also, I was teasing the CAG who did hoard the clearance. I took two copies of Sonic Racing, and left three copies for other people to get.

Noticed that after redeeming the COD Ghosts combo code on the 360, when I went to download the Xbone version it gave me the Gold Edition for free.  Gold comes with Onslaught DLC and the wolf skin.  In case anybody was on the fence about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back