Target Clearance Thread XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
lmao so you two are the CAGs that make Brickseek always show out of stock for every deal down here
I wish it were me! I have to drive nearly an hour for the San Carlos location. Only deals I got so far were the 3ds games a week ago and l ieft those places full. Grabbed what I needed. Needed a new headset for myself after mine broke and just being held by tape. lmao.

Woke up less than an hour ago to head to a store still showing Silver Dualshock 4's in stock for 17.98, but I apparently just missed them. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
So I drove to a store that showed multiple games in stock according to brickseek and the target app at the clearance prices. I go to electronics and search high and low, every back end cap, even in toys because I've found clearance games there in the past and came up empty. But did I give up, hell no!! I marched up to the service desk and asked the girl if I gave her a list of games if there was someone that could locate them in the back room for me as they show in stock and they aren't in the sales floor. She was like sure so I gave her a list of DPCI's and she checked a few to confirm they were in stock. Then she walkied a guy in the backroom and told him to find them. He came out with every single title I asked for but 1. So always ask if you don't see it on the sales floor!! And be nice! I recommend doing this when the service desk isn't busy like maybe 30 minutes before closing. I'm sure I wouldn't have had such luck in the middle of the day or at a busier time.

Picked up an extra Hey Pikmin and Fire Emblem warriors if anyone wants to trade for Fire Emblem Echos or any non yo kai 3ds game

I saw star fox guard for 29.98, but Amazon has it for 12.xx. Not worth it unless they go 90%, which I doubt they'll do.

Drove to a further Target to finally see some clearance prices. Picked up Hey Pikmin and Fire Emblem Warriors for $12 ea (still $40 ea at my local Target). Also saw Yo-Kai Watch 2 for $12 (not interested) and Star Fox Guard for $30 (no thanks).

Couldn't find the holiday aluminum foil. BS showed it should be in stock, but it may have been moved to the back along with the other Christmas stuff.

So I drove to a store that showed multiple games in stock according to brickseek and the target app at the clearance prices. I go to electronics and search high and low, every back end cap, even in toys because I've found clearance games there in the past and came up empty. But did I give up, hell no!! I marched up to the service desk and asked the girl if I gave her a list of games if there was someone that could locate them in the back room for me as they show in stock and they aren't in the sales floor. She was like sure so I gave her a list of DPCI's and she checked a few to confirm they were in stock. Then she walkied a guy in the backroom and told him to find them. He came out with every single title I asked for but 1. So always ask if you don't see it on the sales floor!! And be nice! I recommend doing this when the service desk isn't busy like maybe 30 minutes before closing. I'm sure I wouldn't have had such luck in the middle of the day or at a busier time.
I've found that being nice usually does the trick, even over the phone. I've called to ask if a game was still in the store (SAO: Hollow Realization for PS4) and had it waiting for me at the service desk - And was told it was already in the back for salvage, so I wouldn't have gotten it without asking. Same for getting Gold Edition Ubisoft games after DPCI merges - Only two of my local stores tend to have them at all, and they get moved off the floor when the merge happens (or stuck in the very back of a stack) so a manager can retag them later as "online item" or whatever above the normal version price. But, ask and ye shall receive.

In fact the only time being nice didn't work out was Wal-Mart. They had a set of joy-cons at clearance price a few months ago, clearly in the case, asked politely and was told "I don't think that price is correct so I'm not going to even bother getting them out of the case and ringing them up". By the time they finally got a manager, the item was removed from their system as a price error. Sadface.

Finally scored the Monster Hunter and Fire Emblem Echoes for $11.98 each. They had a lot of them at the Oakland/Emeryville location in case there are any brave East Bay lurkers. 😁

Picked up an extra Hey Pikmin and Fire Emblem warriors if anyone wants to trade for Fire Emblem Echos or any non yo kai 3ds game

I saw star fox guard for 29.98, but Amazon has it for 12.xx. Not worth it unless they go 90%, which I doubt they'll do.
I bought Star Fox guard for like two bucks used at GameStop a year ago. It's probably even cheaper now.

Being nice definitely works. Back when the Majoras Mask 3DS was released, I went to a store shortly after they opened (many people camped out hours before). I checked on brickseek and it said some were still in stock but I couldn’t find any on the sales floor. I kindly asked the electronics associate if they had any left and if they could check the back room. He went back and came out with 2 more 3DS’s for me and another gentleman who was waiting. It never hurts to ask.

Yeah lionhart same basic thing happened to me with the splatoon joy cons too.

Talked to like ten different cashiers, believe even one of them said something like “we don’t carry Nintendo’s anymore”. Just the worst.

Looks like the extra 5% off on clearance (in addition to the standard 5% off) when using a Red Card no longer applies. It was working last week so maybe they got rid of it for 2019?

Picked up:
Shenmue 1&2 (Xbox One) - $8.98
Burnout Paradise Remastered (Xbox One) - $5.98

Felt bad for anyone having trouble finding Shenmue. My store had enough copies to build a small fort. Only bought 2 copies though since I didn't want to be greedy.

30 days before closing is when retail workers want to go home the most

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With Redcard everything in store is 5% off and clearance items are an extra 5% off making it 10% off clearance although the extra 5% didn’t kick in for the 3ds clearance games for me. Works on everything else I ever bought.
I've read about this here on CAG a few times, but never has happened on my Redcard in MN. Maybe it was some weird pilot they were doing in certain areas kind of like getting extra Kohl's Cash in certain Kohl's locations.

With Redcard everything in store is 5% off and clearance items are an extra 5% off making it 10% off clearance although the extra 5% didn’t kick in for the 3ds clearance games for me. Works on everything else I ever bought.
It worked on the 3DS games I bought around 2 weeks ago. I haven't picked up any Target clearance items yet in the new year though.

There were tons of $9 shenmus at the San Diego mall target when I was there two three days ago.

I'm in Huntington Beach so that's a good 2 hours away. I want Shenmue but not worth that drive haha. No Target's around me have it in stock.
Cerritos Target off the 605 freeway has a bunch of Shenmue. It's locked up behind the window and no clearance tag on them. It rung up $9 for me two nights ago. Weird thing is brickseek shows that target doesn't have them in-stock. Just show you brickseek sometimes is not always right.

Cerritos Target off the 605 freeway has a bunch of Shenmue. It's locked up behind the window and no clearance tag on them. It rung up $9 for me two nights ago. Weird thing is brickseek shows that target doesn't have them in-stock. Just show you brickseek sometimes is not always right.
Went to Target just to pick up some supplies, figured I check out the game section and there was the razer keyboard for $50. It was showing oos on brickseek as well.

Oh wow that's cool. Still too far of a drive though.

I’m guessing you’re nowhere here in SoCal because seemingly every target here is cleaned out of Shenmue
A week ago Brickseek was showing Shenmue OOS at Cerritos Target but I saw plenty of them locked up behind the glass window two nights ago. No clearance tag but it scanned $8.98 for me.

Funny, I have a Target that is doing the same thing. Locking the clearance 3ds games up but putting the non-clearance ones (along with dumping other miscellaneous non-clearance platform games on an endcap).

Not sure of the strategy there. 🙄

I got the razor headset for about 31 and change after red card.
It was the last one in the store and didn’t have a clearance tag.
It looks like they’re marking down first and putting them in one section.

Picked up Yokai, FE Warriors, FE Shadows and Monster Hunter Stories on 3DS for $11.98 each at the Pomona, CA, store. They were still marked $19.98 each. 2 Yokai and 1 MHS left on the clearance end cap.

I finally was able to pick up a copy of Monster Hunter Stories for $11.98. It was $39.99 last night and then it went straight to 70% off this morning. So for anyone that still has stores showing full price on some of these clearance games just keep an eye on brickseek. It could go straight to 70% at anytime.

Upper St. Clair Target outside Pittsburgh, PA got:
ESO: Online Morrowind (XBO) $8.98
Lego Star Wars: TFA (XBO) $5.98
Dishonored: DOTO (XBO) $5.98

Passed on LFD2 (XB360), Quantum Break (XBO), Scribblenauts Showdown (XBO), Mafia 3 (XBO), and NBA 18 (XBO).

A week ago Brickseek was showing Shenmue OOS at Cerritos Target but I saw plenty of them locked up behind the glass window two nights ago. No clearance tag but it scanned $8.98 for me.
You’re the man. Stopped by there and got a copy of Shenmue. Thanks for the tip!

if anybody gets an extra pokeball Ill pay
All the $15s near me sold out, but I got an extra $35 one. People on Reddit claiming the price drop was meant to hit on Monday, but stores can choose to do it on Fridays. These seem to be post-Christmas restocks, as it was sold out for a while before this week.

Went to the Clifton, NJ location and was shocked to find 2x Midnight Blue PS4 controllers ring up for the old clearance price of $19.48 when they were $59.99 at that store for the longest time. Picked them up without hesitation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back