Target Clearance Thread XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hyrule warriors 3ds was pretty bad man
Sounds like that's your opinion, maybe you don't like Dynasty Warriors games and that's fine. Not playing a game because the graphics aren't amazing is weak criticism, especially if you play lol retro games and are irl ugly.

I played most warriors games since ps2 days , got plat on a bunch of current gen ones. I also played FE warriors on switch, it's not a bad game, also not a masterpiece. The one on 3ds is barely serviceable, due to frame rate and enemy density and other issues besides the graphic, and I'm just stating my opinion. No need to be a dickhead about it.

Sounds like that's your opinion, maybe you don't like Dynasty Warriors games and that's fine. Not playing a game because the graphics aren't amazing is weak criticism, especially if you play lol retro games and are irl ugly.
Sounds like I'm not a moron trying to justify shitty draw distances and enemies on screen counts when trying to justify it as a dynasty game when those are key parts of that series, but hey keep being dumb. This ain't the thread for you bud

https://youtu.be/4p0pI018jQ0

The 3DS version is by far the worst version of this game. You can check out the gameplay side by side a little after a minute into the video. If you don't have a new 3 DS definitely skip it. N3DS at least solves a few of the worst issues such as too few enemies on screen and low frame rate from the regular 3 DS version. Wii U/ Switch is the way to go if you have one though

Absolutely tempted on this. It looks so fun. Then I read a year after this came out (late 2016) it's now a mobile game, same as the 3DS version.
It's very fun but NA never got the important updates like 1.2 and 1.3 and it's been over a year, doesnt look like nintendo plan to bring it to 3ds players here.

Christmas stuff / gift sets are all 50% off, probably gonna rapidly go further to reclaim space
For sure. Already saw a small Valentine's section out on 12/24. They need that space for more of the same but differently colored candy.

I ended up finding most of the games people are discussing at another Target after failing at the first one. Only a couple PS4 games but a bunch of XB1 stuff, and a smattering of 3DS and Switch. Walked away with just a copy of Fire Emblem Warriors for 3DS. Dynasty Warriors 9 was still too high for me at $19.98, I heard it wasn't very good. Might have grabbed it if it was around 10. I probably should have snagged LA Noire for $8.98 on the XB1, but I feel like I'll never get around to playing it. 

Strange story today. My local store had most games only at 50% off for the longest time. Yesterday they finally dropped down to 70% off. I had my eye on a few 3DS games. As of this morning 8am all three were in stock on brickseek and showing $11.98. Great! I went there earlier today and none were found. I asked an employee with a handheld, he verified 0 in stock, 0 in the back, and some had shown last sold 150 days ago. How is that even possible when brickseek was showing in stock literally hours ago, and for weeks before?

Sounds like I'm not a moron trying to justify shitty draw distances and enemies on screen counts when trying to justify it as a dynasty game when those are key parts of that series, but hey keep being dumb. This ain't the thread for you bud
I was commenting on the games themselves, and you ugly moronic shits are harping on their looks. The visuals aren't even bad, they're just not as good as CONSOLES which is obvious.

I give absolutely zero shits where you think I'm allowed to post, sport. fuck you for even suggesting that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was commenting on the games themselves, and you ugly moronic shits are harping on their looks. The visuals aren't even bad, they're just not as good as CONSOLES which is obvious.

I give absolutely zero shits where you think I'm allowed to post, sport. fuck you for even suggesting that.
Well, I created this thread, and sure wish you weren't here, you may wish to start seeing a therapist about your anger issues buddy

Well, I created this thread, and sure wish you weren't here, you may wish to start seeing a therapist about your anger issues buddy
I would consider that rebuttal justified after you called me moronic and dumb and told me not to post here. It's not like I made a generalized "you" statement which you took personally, got angry, and then insulted me, right? I find the hypocrisy of it all laughable. Best part is that you "created the thread" so you have control over it? Okay, lol.

Both FE Warriors and Hyrule Warriors are good games, and the N3DS versions are on clearance. Get them if you like those franchises and/or DW games. Y'all spend more on subscriptions and skins.

3DS games are still $19.98 at my Target. I hate my store.
Lol same here, but IDC. Makes it easier to pass on games that will sit sealed like the last 10 games I bought for 3DS. My GF has played it more with just Detective Pikachu than I have since buying one 5 years ago.

they playstation classics are showing $60 on there website if i use the 40% off discount from the cartwheel it would be $36 dollars is it worth it for that price?

they playstation classics are showing $60 on there website if i use the 40% off discount from the cartwheel it would be $36 dollars is it worth it for that price?

I just did this. Have them price match it first and then use cartwheel. It helps with having your red card info on there already. I threw in a few clearance items on there to help the transaction go smooth.

Strange story today. My local store had most games only at 50% off for the longest time. Yesterday they finally dropped down to 70% off. I had my eye on a few 3DS games. As of this morning 8am all three were in stock on brickseek and showing $11.98. Great! I went there earlier today and none were found. I asked an employee with a handheld, he verified 0 in stock, 0 in the back, and some had shown last sold 150 days ago. How is that even possible when brickseek was showing in stock literally hours ago, and for weeks before?
because Brickseek isn't always right

I just did this. Have them price match it first and then use cartwheel. It helps with having your red card info on there already. I threw in a few clearance items on there to help the transaction go smooth.

No issues here. Walked into a store today and got it for $36 no issue. Asked an electronics employee to grab one out of the case, told them I had a coupon I wanted to use, and that the website is advertising a cheaper price as well. The employee verified the price, scanned my coupon, and said that's not a bad deal. No issues, no questioning.

They may have been moved to salvage?

Went hoping for Shenmue, found Mafia 3 for $5.96. Decided I probably wouldn't play it, and swapped it out for Gravel for $8.98. Better chance of me playing that. Snagged some more manly holiday gift sets too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I returned Burnout Paradise remastered for Xbox one that I bought for $10 a week or two ago since it's down to $5.98 on clearance now. They let me return it and rebuy it right there no problem.

Went hoping for Shenmue, found Mafia 3 for $5.96. Decided I probably wouldn't play it, and swapped it out for Gravel for $8.98. Better chance of me playing that. Snagged some more manly holiday gift sets too.
I can't stop playing Gravel. I am a fan of forgiving arcade racers where you can just kick back and have fun.

Any word on if they've merged the DPCI for AC: Odyssey?  It was showing in stock all over my city a few days ago, now it's suddenly sold out everywhere.  I picked up a vanilla copy just before Christmas, but if I can buy a gold and return the reg...

I was able to snag a few copies of Monster Hunter Stories, willing to trade for some of the other 3DS titles. Will also consider selling to anyone who haven't been able to find it. 

Looking for:

Pikmin

Fire Emblem Echoes

Bioshock trilogy

Resident Evil Gold Edition

Poochy & Yoshi's Wooly World

Any word on if they've merged the DPCI for AC: Odyssey? It was showing in stock all over my city a few days ago, now it's suddenly sold out everywhere. I picked up a vanilla copy just before Christmas, but if I can buy a gold and return the reg...
I was wondering this as well, seen a couple gold editions at my local Target.

Wish Psychic Specters was on clearance :( I also find it funny that FE Echoes & Warriors are on clearance yet Birthright & Conquest are not?? Neither is Awakening and yes I have found Awakening in stores still, not often but I've seen it occasionally
All the targets around my area are wiped out of anything Fire Emblem except warriors and the only yokai I've seen in my area on clearance is the first one, and what's the deal with yokai blasters? That game just came out and I only saw like 4 copies in the past month or so. Anything special about that game?

All the targets around my area are wiped out of anything Fire Emblem except warriors and the only yokai I've seen in my area on clearance is the first one, and what's the deal with yokai blasters? That game just came out and I only saw like 4 copies in the past month or so. Anything special about that game?
It just seems that they printed a smaller quantity of those games compared to Yokai Watch and the first two versions of Yokai Watch 2. Yokai Watch 2: Psychic Specters also seems to have a smaller print run and I fully expect Yokai Watch 3 (coming out in February) to be the same way.

If anybody can score an extra copy of Yoshi's Wooly World, I would gladly pay for it.  I've been to every area store that supposedly has it for $11.98, and every store has plenty of everything *but* Yoshi.

If anybody can score an extra copy of Yoshi's Wooly World, I would gladly pay for it. I've been to every area store that supposedly has it for $11.98, and every store has plenty of everything *but* Yoshi.
Yeah same here. They've got none of the few games I'm looking for but gazillions of the rest of them. Also still only half off as well since my targets suck at marking clearance.

Stupid question, but I got a $50 Target gift card after Christmas as a present from a relative.  My plan is to return some of the clearance games that I bought and rebuy them with the gift card if there are extras sitting on the clearance shelf so I can get the cash that I originally spent back.  But can anyone confirm that Google Play, PlayStation Network, and Xbox gift cards can't be purchased in-store with Target gift cards?  It would make my life easier, but I don't have a lot of luck with these things.  Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide.

You cannot buy gift cards with Target gift cards.
Thanks. I ended using the gift card on other things. Someone had secreted away a copy of Street Fighter Collection for Xbox One. It was tucked behind a row of the $19.99 value games. Rang up for $8.98, so into the collection it went.

In other news, I wasn't able to return and rebuy any of the games that I bought before Christmas since the clearance shelf was pretty cleared out except for copies of Elder Scrolls Online for Xbox One. People mocked me when I said that the soccer moms would descend upon them like locusts. I think that's exactly what happened.

It just seems that they printed a smaller quantity of those games compared to Yokai Watch and the first two versions of Yokai Watch 2. Yokai Watch 2: Psychic Specters also seems to have a smaller print run and I fully expect Yokai Watch 3 (coming out in February) to be the same way.
I might have to jump on yokai 3. Been reading on it and apparently the different versions are crammed into a single cart for the western release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back