Target - PS3/360 NASCAR '14 $15 - In Store Only - YMMV

coopscohen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
I have seen this discussed in various threads so I figure it deserved its own.

Target has :ps3: :360: NASCAR '14 for $15 (in store only as there is no listing on the website). The YMMV is because people have reported it ringing up at regular price and/or not having a sale sign. I myself was able to grab a :360: copy and get a rain check for a :ps3: copy. 

Thanks to shipwreck for the picture

https://twitter.com/Shipwreck/status/458280360129093632/photo/1

Just got back from Target and brought 3 for PS3. Went to the BB across the street and traded it in for $85 (after GCU). Than got a Visa gift card and amount came to $79. Well worth it for only spending $49.

I traded them in unopened (I usually open it) and the guy had no problem with taking them. Rather not open Target buys since you can't return it once opened.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from Target and brought 3 for PS3. Went to the BB across the street and traded it in for $85 (after GCU). Than got a Visa gift card and amount came to $79. Well worth it for only spending $49.

I traded them in unopened (I usually open it) and the guy had no problem with taking them. Rather not open Target buys since you can't return it once opened.
I didn't know you could get a Visa gift card with trade in credit o_0

^Been doing it for a while. The employees tend to tell you that you can't but the system does allow it. It'll charge you $5.95 for the card but it's a small price to transfer credit and be able to use the credit at any store.

You can only trade up to 3!!! SO 3!!! :D
If you have GCU, which there is a free version where you don't have to pay, unless they changed it. It gives you 10% more. I traded that game in and Battlefield 4 on Xbox One which I bought for around $26 and traded in for about $36 after GCU and then this game for about $28.60. :)
The free version of Gamers Club does not get a 10% trade bonus, never has. Only the paid version ("Unlocked") gets the 10% bonus.

For those who love achievements like I do, please be aware that there are some unobtainable achievements and some glitchy ones that will make you pull your hair out.

Is it 3 copies per store? Or 3 copies total? Can I trade in 12 copies 3 at each of the 4 stores? Are the systems linked does anyone know?

Ummm…. Isn't it 3 copies total? I didn't think it was 3 per platform...
You're thinking about the restriction on buying copies from Best Buy as a GCU member with the 20% discount, which is 3 copies total across all platforms.

Good amount of PS3 copies at my local store, picked one up.

They should make Scooter from Borderlands the announcer if Gearbox ever makes a Borderlands racer, or have a crossover like Nascarlands or something.

[quote name="Vigilante" post="11709975" timestamp="1398286284"]#twittersapprentice[/quote]life's about getting a paycheck and keeping a gun out of your mouth

Well they didn't have any at the store I went to. No sale tag either. Checked the number on the tag with the scanner and it came up as not recognized.

Got a 50% off copy of Pokemon White at least.

Last time I was in best buy, I had asked what their limit was on trades, was told they couldn't do more then 1 of the same game title per 24 hours. It is rare for me to trade anything especially more then 1 title of a game but I would hate to know they are trying to misinform me for any reason.

Really? A good price on a game and you buy every copy? This isn't slick deals.
Tbh I don't think anyone should buy this game just to play it. I don't normally support buying a bunch of copies of games just to sell them, but this is an exception. The NASCAR series has been BAD in the past few years. It is filled with bugs and it has a horrible online community. I have friends who are NASCAR fans that HATE this game.

Really? A good price on a game and you buy every copy? This isn't slick deals.
It's Target. They'll raincheck anyone who wants a copy. Maybe you should get a grasp of retailer policies before you moan and whine? I wouldn't have swept up every copy at a GameStop or Toy R' Us.

Last time I was in best buy, I had asked what their limit was on trades, was told they couldn't do more then 1 of the same game title per 24 hours. It is rare for me to trade anything especially more then 1 title of a game but I would hate to know they are trying to misinform me for any reason.
Store managers have some discretion with respect to trade policies, and local pawn laws also play a role. Entirely possible you were given correct information for that store.

It's Target. They'll raincheck anyone who wants a copy. Maybe you should get a grasp of retailer policies before you moan and whine? I wouldn't have swept up every copy at a GameStop or Toy R' Us.
This may be the best argument I've ever seen for hoarding a deal at Target that isn't clearance.

Store managers have some discretion with respect to trade policies, and local pawn laws also play a role. Entirely possible you were given correct information for that store.
Or they were just making shit up. Either way, trading in multiples at the same time is an easy way to get weird looks.

So that means you can trade 1 of the same game title everyday (after 24 hours) for as many as you want? Sorry to here this but they just lied to your face.

a few copies left ~3 in garden grove,CA targets. got 2 ps3 copies for $32.40, traded them into to best buy for $52....bought a $39.99 ps3 headset + $10 psn credits for $34.19

picked up the last PS3 copy at my Target today.  360 version was already cleaned out.  I cant believe the value went up to $18 base at GS!

You're thinking about the restriction on buying copies from Best Buy as a GCU member with the 20% discount, which is 3 copies total across all platforms.
That is what I thought but wasn't sure and didn't want to risk a ban.

My local Target had two PS3 copies and at least two XBox360 copies. I almost walked out without trying. The shelf tag said $49.99. I asked someone to do a price check and it rang up at $15. I used my wife's Target Red card so got 5% off (almost covers the tax).

One of the PS3 copies didn't include the Target DLC. The other two did. I opened them up in the car then drove across the parking lot to Best Buy and traded all 3. She scanned the one copy that didn't have the Target DLC. Tried to scan the Target one. It didn't take. She over rode that (or keyed it manually or something). She didn't even seem to scan the XBox360 copy. Got the 10% for being GCU too.

Went to a local target and got 3 ps3 copies and one 360 copy. Used target red card and pharmacy coupon so 4 copies for $59 and now to trade in to best buy for around $115

I took four copies in to Best Buy right after buying, and am going to lock in a trade online for the fifth. I can't imagine TIV is going to last on this game. It is really an attractive flip if you have a Red Card and GCU.

I want to at least give it a try though, before trading the last one.

bread's done
Back