Target - PS3/360 NASCAR '14 $15 - In Store Only - YMMV

coopscohen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
I have seen this discussed in various threads so I figure it deserved its own.

Target has :ps3: :360: NASCAR '14 for $15 (in store only as there is no listing on the website). The YMMV is because people have reported it ringing up at regular price and/or not having a sale sign. I myself was able to grab a :360: copy and get a rain check for a :ps3: copy. 

Thanks to shipwreck for the picture

https://twitter.com/Shipwreck/status/458280360129093632/photo/1

Guess I missed out..argh oh well have to wait some more....I still play Nascar Inside Line.

Any extra ps3 dlc codes. a PM would be cool.

Just got back home from buying this game. Got the last one (other than the display). Did think of getting it for ps3 but none of my friends would be interested in this game and I have the wireless speed wheel for the 360 which would be better controllable.

Lakewood, CA Target substituting PS Plus 12mo card for $15 in place of out of stock PS3 version.
What is this logic for raincheck and is there any rule when it needs to be provided and when not? Whenever there's an offer around my area and the particular games are sold out, the sales rep just flatly say, "Sorry, no copies left!"

They were sold out of the 360 copy so got a rain check for it. They were substituting in South Park Stick of Truth for $18 however.....sold!

Also noticed a few other pegs with rain check/substitution options but nothing that sparked my interest.

If anyone has. A 360 code unused that I could go ahead and dl that would be superawesome.

Lakewood, CA Target substituting PS Plus 12mo card for $15 in place of out of stock PS3 version.
I need to start going around to area Targets and hoping they are out of stock.

What is this logic for raincheck and is there any rule when it needs to be provided and when not? Whenever there's an offer around my area and the particular games are sold out, the sales rep just flatly say, "Sorry, no copies left!"
If you think about it it's still the same discounted price since the games base was 49.99 and ps plus is 49.99.

I played for a couple of hours last night. The stock setups are not great, but internet setups feel like shit to drive and end up making the rest of the field uncompetitive. I'm not sure if I am happy or not that there is no rubber banding. At all.

Also, after qualifying in position 1 for the Daytona 500, I got killed in the Twin 150 - and didn't make the big race... That shouldn't be. The front row for the 500 is locked in on qualifying day, no matter what they do in the Twins... Just nitpicking, but I expect the game to get something as simple as qualifying straight.
Good to see someone else gave it an honest go and didn't like it. I kinda felt like I was crazy for not liking it, because it seems well-made, but it just ... was ... not ... fun.

Also, the menu system is the drag of all drags.

Man you guys are lucky. All I got was a rain check for a game that will likely either never come back in stock or be worthless when it does. And a rock.

Received and much appreciated. I have a family member checking another Target for me today so hopefully they can find a copy.

Think that's a win.
Same thing I said when I noticed it! While I want Nascar14 I've been wanting South Park more and sub-$20 was my buy price.

I need to start going around to area Targets and hoping they are out of stock.
I'm surprised Target is substituting on an unadvertised sale. This is the first time I haven't gotten in on a sale there though because it's a sleepy town. Which is the more alarming part to me... someone else knew and got in on it before me.

I may have to up my game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone have an extra code for the 360 DLC? Local store only had 1 vanilla copy left. Please PM! Thanks!

Edit: Thanks, MSU_DVM!

My store sold out of Nascar so they decided to substitute games. Gta5 and nfs Rivals are $18. I figure it's ymmv, but interesting to say the least.

Second Target had BF4 as a $15 instant sub, but they were out. Can't believe I am substitute hunting at Target... Should be able to hit 2 more today, though. :)

Who decides what is to be substituted? That particular store's dept manager?

I ask out of curiosity since it's not an across the board substitute clearly.
I'm guessing... Though they could do a better job of picking games with inventory, since the sub was out in the one store (and they had 1 copy of NASCAR 14 for 360 back in stock, but there was a sub. Go figure... They were probably out before).

Went looking for substitutions in two different Targets in my area and they still had Nascar 14 in-stock. It's funny, I was actually disappointed to see Nascar 14.

Who decides what is to be substituted? That particular store's dept manager?

I ask out of curiosity since it's not an across the board substitute clearly.
Regular electronics employee can do the substitute, or at least they have in the past. They scan random games and the system will tell them if the substitute is allowed or not.

I did this on Black Friday in 2007 (maybe 2008?). They were out of Brothers in Arms and the worker let me point at a game to see if the sub would work. Worked on tons of new releases but not all.

This was 7 years ago though so maybe they've adjusted policy to avoid abuse like this.

For those of you still holding on to copies to flip Gamestop still has the game at an $18 base
Got $25.20 with promos
DLC CODES
k7g6k-4k9xx-4ghc4-q7vwp-4gc2z
PS3
5lra-cmn2-ndqt

Traded 3 copies at BB.  By default scan, TiV rings at only 25 cents each (probably because it's a Target version).  Associate had no problem overriding it to the $20 base that's showing online.  However, even after keying in my GCU no., it's not giving me the extra 10%.  I was hoping to get at least $22 per game.  Anybody had the same experience?

Traded 3 copies at BB. By default scan, TiV rings at only 25 cents each (probably because it's a Target version). Associate had no problem overriding it to the $20 base that's showing online. However, even after keying in my GCU no., it's not giving me the extra 10%. I was hoping to get at least $22 per game. Anybody had the same experience?
You're sure the employee entered the phone number associated with your GCU account? Is that employee familiar with the process?

I got 2 copies sold one to best buy. Went to walmarts website and got everything in order for an online trade in for $24 and change, now today i see they are down to 18$. Does anyone know if they'll still honor the 24$ price point? I have label and email saying thats what ill get. I planned on keeping one copy since i like nascar but this game is total dogsh*t. Its the worst Nascar game ive played and Ive played just about everyone.

For those that picked up a copy to play, are there good road courses? Aka Watkins Glen. Not a huge ovals fan but do love a good road.
Watkins Glen and Sonoma.

I haven't looked to see if the Nationwaide tracks are there or not. They race Gilles Villneuve circuit in Canada and Mexico City.

Watkins Glen and Sonoma.

I haven't looked to see if the Nationwaide tracks are there or not. They race Gilles Villneuve circuit in Canada and Mexico City.
There are no Nationwide tracks just the Sprint Cup ones. So only the 2 road courses. Glen and Sonoma. Nationwide dosent race at Mexico anymore. They do race at Mid Ohio and Road America but those are not in the game.

You're sure the employee entered the phone number associated with your GCU account? Is that employee familiar with the process?
I had no problems on Wednesday got the full $28 plus 10%. I am 99% sure I never gave her my phone number. Just my BB Elite card and mentioned I should get a small bonus.

Mcast,

Thanks for the update. I was going to take mine to Best Buy but it looks like its better to go to GS if you have the 30% xtra trade promo at your local store. I have one for each system to trade.

I had no problems on Wednesday got the full $28 plus 10%. I am 99% sure I never gave her my phone number. Just my BB Elite card and mentioned I should get a small bonus.
Last time I traded a very knowledgeable employee handled my trade and asked for my rewards phone# and everything and it didn't work. Apparently there are two places to enter it... I usually catch it before getting my print out but I was helping my dad with a dispute at the same time and got distracted.

So, they may have entered your phone # on the wrong screen

I got 2 copies sold one to best buy. Went to walmarts website and got everything in order for an online trade in for $24 and change, now today i see they are down to $18. Does anyone know if they'll still honor the $24 price point? I have label and email saying thats what ill get. I planned on keeping one copy since i like nascar but this game is total dogsh*t. Its the worst Nascar game ive played and Ive played just about everyone.
Yeah if you got the label and locked in the trade you're good to go. Send be sure to send it within 7 days.

I got 2 copies sold one to best buy. Went to walmarts website and got everything in order for an online trade in for $24 and change, now today i see they are down to 18$. Does anyone know if they'll still honor the 24$ price point? I have label and email saying thats what ill get. I planned on keeping one copy since i like nascar but this game is total dogsh*t. Its the worst Nascar game ive played and Ive played just about everyone.
You may get rejected outright at Walmart. Target has a unique UPC and it could register as no-match when they scan it. I'd suggest dumping it as GameStop ASAP.

Decided to bite. Meh. I honestly thought it would be more of a sim style racer. Don't know why, I just did. But I can still trade it in for a meager profit so I guess I'll do that.

Went to pick this up at Target today.  Got a copy for PS3 with the bonus DLC.  The Xbox 360 versions we out, but they had Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag as an instant substitution item for $12.00.  This was the Target Exclusive edition, I couldn't pass that up.

How do substitutions work? Most of the targets around me don't have it anymore but there are no rain check slips or indications of substitutions anywhere

If anyone wanted to trade in to Wal-Mart, I can help you.  I locked in 2 copies at $26, but now can't find any copies near me.  PM for details on how this would work.

I picked up the last PS3 copy at the Concord, NH Target today.  Hopefully its still $18 base at GS in the morning.  No substitution offers for the 360 version which was all out though, jealous of you guys who have found some!

bread's done
Back