Target Trade-In

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockabye

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
(Apologies in advance if this is threaded elsewhere; a couple searches turned up nothing.)

I had no idea that Target accepted trade-ins of electronics, games included, before today, but I swung by my local Target and saw an ad in the story (that I neglected to snap a pic of) and then looked it up online.

Lo and behold, there's a Target trade-in program. The interface is clunky, and not gonna yield TIVs all that easily, but it appears that Target accepts 360, PS3, Wii U, Wii, Xbox, PS2, PS, DS, Vita, and PSP games -- because the program's powered by NextWorth (much more searchable interface, FYI), which buys the games.

You're not going to get a lot for them, especially the older games (I nosed around a little), but this might well be a sign that Target actually wants to compete in the secondary market. And, if this is important, you apparently are getting cash, not credit, for the games.

He lied to you, most likely. I traded in at target twice yesterday. The thing is, it takes them forever to look up each game individually, and then for every game that you trade, a seperate paper prints out, and its a lot of work, etc etc. He just didn't want to, you know, do the job he's paid to do. They prefer to stand around while texting on their cell phones and not actually helping customers.
Heh... that's the same thing that happened back when Target had the "Trade any 2 for $20" thing going on. One rep made up a policy about only once per day per customer. I just went to another Target where the rep was friendly and didn't mind doing their job.

Damn. I only put in some games to quote as a backup but not all of them. Luckily I'll only be taking a $5 hit on some I intended to flip. They better honor their other quotes, especially the ones I've already sent off.

welp

found out yesterday and wish i didnt sleep on this.

could have got $100 and there were some of those $20 sports games and blasto at a thrift store near me

would have made my PS4 purchase cheaper

dat L. oh well

Reading their FAQ, it does seem they have to honor the quoted price UNLESS you sent them something not as described. If it's not as described, they will give you a new quote... which will likely be $0.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw that but I'm wondering if that meant a few bucks or an entire system error. Some companies will try to "bend" the rules so to speak.

Damn it. I was planning on going real soon to Target. I was going to buy some of those PS1 games through half.com for $.75 too.

Upon receipt of your order in our processing center, our specially trained technicians will complete a functional inspection or your product(s). Over 80% of the products we inspect match exactly what was quoted online. However, at times mistakes can be made by customers when identifying and grading their device. The most common mistake is when a customer submits an item as an incorrect generation or model (for example, an iPhone 4 versus an iPhone 4s). If we determine that the item received is an incorrect model or is in a different condition, we will adjust the inspected value either up or down to reflect the inspected model and/or condition. About 10% of our customers actually end up getting paid more than their quoted amount. For those whose value is below the quoted amount, NextWorth forgives differences that are less than $10 or 10% of the originally quoted amount and pays the original quoted amount. For differences greater than $10 or 10%, NextWorth gives customers TWO BUSINESS DAYS to either have their item sent back free of charge or accept the lower amount. If we not hear back from you within TWO BUSINESS DAYS, NextWorth will automatically issue payment for the adjusted amount.

PLEASE NOTE IF YOUR ITEM DOES NOT HAVE VALUE AFTER IT IS RE-PRICED AND YOU DO NOT REPLY TO OUR RE-PRICE EMAIL WITHIN TWO BUSINESS DAYS YOUR ITEM(S) WILL BE RECYCLED.
We remove protective layers and/or casing to check condition of your item(s). If you want your item back for any reason, we are not responsible for any accessories, including chargers, external shells, casings or protective layers on your item(s).

Also please note that any item that matches the original quote or greater cannot be returned to you, and in the case of orders with multiple items we will only return the items that have been re-priced.
Our customers expect a fair and honest quote from us and we expect honesty and accuracy in how our customers evaluate their items. The company reserves the right at all times to determine whether an abuse to our system and services has been made for any reason. If we determine an abuse to our system has occurred, we will not provide free return shipping. Any customer whose order has been deemed as abuse will be responsible for the cost of having their item returned to them. As with all orders, only those items that have an error in submission will be eligible to be returned. Abuse of our system may include, but is not limited to: a significant change in the condition of an item, submitting an item as a clearly different model, or submitting an item as a working item when it is clearly broken.

The bolded only applies if you sent them something not as described. Though I guess if your game was $10 or less and it gets hit with re-inspection, you would get the orignal quoted amount anyway.

Thank goodness I ignored my fiancé and went to target instead of staying home.

Walked out with about $400 worth in credit.

Was going to continue and locked about 4 games in on amazon. $20 down the drain.

I might return them, and just pay the restocking fee.

Battle arena and Jurassic park are games I might keep however

I locked in some values online yesterday but I traded a few of the titles in-store last night. You guys have any clue how they would handle an order shipped with some games missing from the invoice? I wish this would have lasted just a few days longer.

You guys have any clue how they would handle an order shipped with some games missing from the invoice?
If an item is missing from invoince, I would assume they handle it as if they received (or not received) item not as described and zero it out. I will test this out next week to see if this is really the case as I still have my old order from before the 10% bonus on page 1.

Heh... that's the same thing that happened back when Target had the "Trade any 2 for $20" thing going on. One rep made up a policy about only once per day per customer. I just went to another Target where the rep was friendly and didn't mind doing their job.
yeah, when i did the 2 for $20 promo thing, the rep i got was friendly. But i did not abuse , or over do it like a lot of people. I Only brought 4 games. Their system was really slow,

Guess the fun Is over. I unfortunately spent $50 at a local retro shop on games today. I went in store and confirmed that it does not work in store either.

I came out ahead and all but it sucks to have a copy of madden 98 and Barbie race and ride.. Lol.

this was a fun one while it lasted, shouldn't have waited until later in the week to go back for seconds. I'm sure the online trades won't be accepted..

I had a game accepted yesterday that I sent them but it wasn't that high value (under $10), it had some scratches too since it was bought from Gamestop.com years ago. I'm hoping the few other games I sent in also get accepted, if not then I wasted around $15 (if they are accepted I will get around $45).

I spent $27. $7 of that will be refunded because of a seller's incompetence (I only had 1 order locked).  $5 will be canceled. $2 was flipped for $10 in store. $6 was sent off already. The last $9 has values locked in and will be sent off soon. Fingers crossed.

I traded in two days ago after reading here and then spending hours going through our PS1 collection.

End result about a dozen titles for $144  - Resident Evil 3 went from $20 to $2 within a couple hours of my research (hence, kept that one).

Traded at store even drove to a second store (first store had a no show staff member) as I knew values would tank the more this thread grew and stayed on first page for lurkers.

Values are not only linked to "new" prices but also on how many copies will be allowed.

As soon as someone posted the combined list for the lazy... that was it... lurkers locked in on those titles, the quota was met and the value changed accordingly.

I also in the group bummed as I was too busy yesterday to go through our PS2, Xbox titles...

I think locked in trades will be honored but they might be Very picky and reject more than accept...

yeah, i think i was the first to discover it and all the values were in place. Wish I would have gone back one more time. I have like 10 more that i didn't even go out and buy i should have traded..

I do feel special to have been a part of the last time in history a major retailer gave credit at a brick and mortar store for playstation 1 games. haha

Last edited:
I have a few of these bit not sure if I want to trade them in. I'm assuming the priced posted in this thread are for the games being complete?

I have a few of these bit not sure if I want to trade them in. I'm assuming the priced posted in this thread are for the games being complete?
Assuming you're not talking about already-locked-in trades, it's too late to get in on this as all of the values have tanked.

But to answer your question, yes, the quotes have been based on complete games.

It sucks alot of you didn't get in on this, I am SHOCKED it lasted as long as it did! If I had more money/credit I would of cleared my local game store yesterday, but with what I got, I am very happy. I think it is safe to say we all KNEW this was going to be nuked eventually, and I really hope the people who mailed the games do get them accepted and not rejected for some made up excuse. I also wish that people on slick deals had learned of this around late on the 25th just to see the rage that would have happened today.

It sucks alot of you didn't get in on this, I am SHOCKED it lasted as long as it did! If I had more money/credit I would of cleared my local game store yesterday, but with what I got, I am very happy. I think it is safe to say we all KNEW this was going to be nuked eventually, and I really hope the people who mailed the games do get them accepted and not rejected for some made up excuse. I also wish that people on slick deals had learned of this around late on the 25th just to see the rage that would have happened today.
I wish SD people could learn some moderation so they didn't contribute to why we can't have nice things.

I wish SD people could learn some moderation so they didn't contribute to why we can't have nice things.
To be fair though, this deal was going to be squashed sooner or later. Whether it was one guy doing $1000 or 20 people doing $50, somebody on their end was bound to notice a flood of PSX-Poop coming their way.

To be fair though, this deal was going to be squashed sooner or later. Whether it was one guy doing $1000 or 20 people doing $50, somebody on their end was bound to notice a flood of PSX-Poop coming their way.
I bet nextworth is being floodd with ps1 sports games going "DEAR GOD MAKE IT STOP"

Like a SDer would stop at $1000...

I know, it was more of a general sentiment since someone brought it up.

My trades are on the vehicle for delivery today so fingers crossed.

It's been around for, what, a year now? Longer maybe? Nobody talks about it because it's a joke; they have never had one good trade value, let alone a flip. A nice effort, OP, but I wouldn't waste more time looking over their values if I were you.
This is amusing in retrospect.

FYI, for those with the trade in card from this, they work on some giftcards.  I haven't tested them on the Visa cards, but I picked up a Subway card tonight.

They may very well work on the Target Visa giftcards since they A. don't exclude it in the terms like a regular Target GC does, and B. run through the system as a MasterCard/credit card and not a gift card.

They moved shockingly quick, guess they're working overtime today.  Just got 12 emails, one for each item I sent, letting me know they were approved at quoted values.  Considering they received the stuff about 12 hours ago that's pretty snappy and says about 10 days until I get my money.

They moved shockingly quick, guess they're working overtime today. Just got 12 emails, one for each item I sent, letting me know they were approved at quoted values. Considering they received the stuff about 12 hours ago that's pretty snappy and says about 10 days until I get my money.
Same. Now to send out the last shipment. problem is they're GC games with a generic DVD case. I have to quickly find surplus cases otherwise they'll receive $0. :/

Also, I haven't received an email on that $10 bonus since yours went through. Hope that goes through as well.

Yeah they are fast, they already approved the game I took to UPS on Tuesday (I was going to be very surprised if it got rejected since it was factory sealed). So I'm 3/3 so far, now I just hope the last 2 games I took to UPS yesterday get accepted. One of them was a Gamecube game that also was in a generic DVD case (it was ordered from Warehouse Deals and was supposed to be in like new condition) but I swapped it out with an extra Gamecube case I had.

FYI, for those with the trade in card from this, they work on some giftcards. I haven't tested them on the Visa cards, but I picked up a Subway card tonight.

They may very well work on the Target Visa giftcards since they A. don't exclude it in the terms like a regular Target GC does, and B. run through the system as a MasterCard/credit card and not a gift card.
Unless something has changed you should be able to use it on the credit card / giftcards they have. It's been awhile but it used to work for me. Also, if I recall correctly, didn't you need to use the card they gave you on the same day (mind is a bit foggy on this one)?

The cards they give you don't expire (or at least, mine have an expiration date ending in 2020. I'll use them before then :p). And yeah, you can buy the visa prepaid gift cards. When you swipe the trade-in card, it goes straight to the "sign here" part, and on the receipt it says you paid with Mastercard. The only downside, if any, is that SOME employees might see the "gift card" in your hands and be all uptight about "ZOMG U CANT PAY FOR DIS WITH A GIFTCARD DURRRRRRRR" (Seriously, I've had a couple snippy employees act this way and refuse to sell it to me. So I just started to swipe it quick and everything works fine. Whatever).

The cards they give you don't expire (or at least, mine have an expiration date ending in 2020. I'll use them before then :p). And yeah, you can buy the visa prepaid gift cards. When you swipe the trade-in card, it goes straight to the "sign here" part, and on the receipt it says you paid with Mastercard. The only downside, if any, is that SOME employees might see the "gift card" in your hands and be all uptight about "ZOMG U CANT PAY FOR DIS WITH A GIFTCARD DURRRRRRRR" (Seriously, I've had a couple snippy employees act this way and refuse to sell it to me. So I just started to swipe it quick and everything works fine. Whatever).
Yeah, I swiped it quick with the one Skylanders pack I got today to avoid the hassle of getting denied. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back