Target Trade-In

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockabye

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
(Apologies in advance if this is threaded elsewhere; a couple searches turned up nothing.)

I had no idea that Target accepted trade-ins of electronics, games included, before today, but I swung by my local Target and saw an ad in the story (that I neglected to snap a pic of) and then looked it up online.

Lo and behold, there's a Target trade-in program. The interface is clunky, and not gonna yield TIVs all that easily, but it appears that Target accepts 360, PS3, Wii U, Wii, Xbox, PS2, PS, DS, Vita, and PSP games -- because the program's powered by NextWorth (much more searchable interface, FYI), which buys the games.

You're not going to get a lot for them, especially the older games (I nosed around a little), but this might well be a sign that Target actually wants to compete in the secondary market. And, if this is important, you apparently are getting cash, not credit, for the games.

Damn, man. I didn't think my locked values were going to go through after finding out the values went down. $100 missed opportunity.

=\

They approved my Gran Turismo, Gran Turismo, and FFVIII for the quoted price, even though there were some scratches on both GT and FFVIII have been buffed by the previous owner :)

So, they are not being really picky so far

Looks like they actually removed all of the offending games from the system now, so I don't think this will be happening again in the future. :lol:

Looks like they actually removed all of the offending games from the system now, so I don't think this will be happening again in the future. :lol:
I would be happy about that, but it takes away the possibility of it happening again for even a little bit lol.

I saw this on a day I didn't have a lot of time to really look through my stuff, but I had several stacks for PS1 games I needed to sell or file away, so those were easy to get to and go through. I got really lucky because I was just punching them in on the Target website and adding to cart so I'd have an easy list to look at before taking them to the store. Unfortunately, I got there before the Mobile rep is on staff, so no luck, and I wasn't going to make it back that day at all. Got home to see the values all tanked, but my Target cart browser tab was still there and I was able to complete checkout!  Shipped 'em off and got emails on the 28th that they were accepted. Here's my lazy list from my spreadsheet.

PS1 NFL Blitz (disc only), Rebel Assault II, Contra, GT, Vandal Hearts (disc only), Mort, Agile Warrior, Rayman 2, Descent (longbox) 
=12.8+11.91+20+8.83+12.8+20+14.42+16.96+17.51= 135.23

Got paid today, and it doesn't look like PayPal took anything out of it like some folks had wondered since the transfer amounts match the quotes.

Still no mention of my referral bonus :/
It did say up to 60 days and it's only been a couple weeks so I'm being patient still. Then again I just got a phone call, weird I know, earlier today about my referrals from another site that hadn't processed it yet and said they were just going to send it to my paypal account instead of sending me a gift card.

OK, I just have to say that you guys all rock and a huge thank you.  Knew that a few people used the referral link for this that I had posted but didn't have any idea that 16 people sent in a $50+ using it.  Until I just got 16 emails a moment ago with the referral bonus and $160 worth of gift card codes that is.  So again, huge thank you to all the CAGs that used the link since you totally made my day.  Now to figure out how to split it between Amazon and Target credit; too bad I don't think any of the stores around here have those clearance consoles.

OK, I just have to say that you guys all rock and a huge thank you. Knew that a few people used the referral link for this that I had posted but didn't have any idea that 16 people sent in a $50+ using it. Until I just got 16 emails a moment ago with the referral bonus and $160 worth of gift card codes that is. So again, huge thank you to all the CAGs that used the link since you totally made my day. Now to figure out how to split it between Amazon and Target credit; too bad I don't think any of the stores around here have those clearance consoles.
Awesome! I just got my email from you signing up under me so thank you too!

I've only trade in at Gamestop & Best Buy.

Does Target hassle you like Best Buy w/ finger prints and all your personal info? Or is it just like Gamestop and simple?

I know it varies by state as far as Best Buy goes, but I just wanted to know.

OK, I just have to say that you guys all rock and a huge thank you. Knew that a few people used the referral link for this that I had posted but didn't have any idea that 16 people sent in a $50+ using it. Until I just got 16 emails a moment ago with the referral bonus and $160 worth of gift card codes that is. So again, huge thank you to all the CAGs that used the link since you totally made my day. Now to figure out how to split it between Amazon and Target credit; too bad I don't think any of the stores around here have those clearance consoles.
That is awesome!

I feel really dumb about making this thread and then never trading in anything to Target myself, but I'm glad this really seemed to help folks.

That is awesome!

I feel really dumb about making this thread and then never trading in anything to Target myself, but I'm glad this really seemed to help folks.
A lot of us came out well ahead on old and otherwise worthless games so we're quite glad you did.

The ad thread for 7/28 says they are having a double trade in value deal that week. It might make some trades worthwhile.

Does anyone know if Target takes PS3 systems for trade in? If so, do you know what they give for a slim 250gb? Thinking about jumping on the PS4 deal that ends today. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back