Target's Buy 2, Get 1 Free Sale Starts Nov. 8th.

thorbahn3

Staff member
Feedback
5 (100%)
Titles shown.

Avengers (PS4)

Crash 4 (PS4)

Godfall (PS5)

Star wars Squadrons (X1)

Tony Hawk 1 & 2 (PS4)

WWE Battlegrounds (X1)

Watch Dogs Legion (X1/X)

Excludes Select Video Games & Pre-Orders.

83553202f424ee1dd13a215c314bbe0dcbb24ea9acc3a671f13ce1e048e1eeddf7bc4833.jpg

Credit Slickdeals.

https://slickdeals.net/f/14501834-video-games-music-books-movies-board-games-mix-match-buy-2-get-1-free-target-starting-sun-nov-8th-thru-nov-14?utm_source=iphone_app&utm_medium=share&utm_campaign=external+share

Last edited by a moderator:
Don’t forget guys, if y’all are interested in current gen and some next gen that are discounted at other stores you can try price matching then they’ll apply the b2g1 automatically ymmv tho. I’ll wait to buy instore except for pre orders past November ofcourse

Grabbed COD, Godfall and AC V, but honestly there’s a good chance they’ll all end up going back unless the reviews are stellar.

Grabbed COD, Godfall and AC V, but honestly there’s a good chance they’ll all end up going back unless the reviews are stellar.
Yeah it would be wise to watch the reviews. As much as I want godfall to be good I’ll wait for reviews first. Not a big cod fan but I actually liked the beta so getting that for sure. I just don’t know what to pair with cod and godfall since I’ll be buying instore

It's getting so hard for me to pull the trigger even on a deal as I get older.

These buy 2 get 1's used to be 33.33 a game for "the latest and greatest."

Now they average almost 50 dollars a game with the deal in place.

I wonder if my issue is that I was raised during what some call a "golden age of gaming" in the late 90's.  I used to get complete games out of box, finished to the best they would be. Now days I am paying for less single player experience, broken games out of the box that need patching, dlc i have to pay to get the "complete experience. Oh and I am paying the same price for the games on sale that used to be their original retail cost.

Riding republic from Ubisoft is also a preorder that’s part of the deal, although I know nothing of it I saw the gold edition listed as part of the promo

Balan wonderland PS4/X1
Guilty gear PS4
Hitman 3 PS4
Atelier Ryza 2 PS4
Dying light anniversary edition PS4/X1

are also part of it

Worth noting, this isn't actually a b2g1f - it's buy 3 get 33% off your order. A small nitpick, but it's actually beneficial since you don't have to order 3 games of the same price to still get good value. I counted the target card discount as a mistake, woops.

And several first party Nintendo Switch games are on the sale - FE Encore and Xenoblade at least.
Honestly I just order 3 and cancel 2 works perfectly and the only negative I've found is you can't use an extra cash back site.

I ended up getting AC:V and Cyberpunk with the buy 3 cancel 2. It's kinda like having gamers club back. RIP

I wonder if my issue is that I was raised during what some call a "golden age of gaming" in the late 90's. I used to get complete games out of box, finished to the best they would be. Now days I am paying for less single player experience, broken games out of the box that need patching, dlc i have to pay to get the "complete experience. Oh and I am paying the same price for the games on sale that used to be their original retail cost.
I tried to find something wrong with your statement here. I couldn't. But these sales are good for early adopters, not patient gamers.

I want to get Riders Republic but of course only the $99 version is included in the deal, not the standard version. O well.

Hey....that's true. I just want something shiny to play with. I will eventually get my PS5 preorder and with it being the holiday season most of the games I want won't see any real price drops until February unless there's a mistake. The benefit is that a lot of places are starting their holiday return policy early so it extends that window to pick up a better deal and return the other one. Unless it's Nintendo none of these games will hold their value well.

a little off topic, but does anyone have a non-expired invite to the CAG discord? I can't seem to find one.

This sale gave me the idea to try to price match Best Buy's AC Valhalla ps5 copy to Amazon or Target's $50, and still try to double dip on the $10 in rewards back for preordering.

I wonder if my issue is that I was raised during what some call a "golden age of gaming" in the late 90's. I used to get complete games out of box, finished to the best they would be. Now days I am paying for less single player experience, broken games out of the box that need patching, dlc i have to pay to get the "complete experience. Oh and I am paying the same price for the games on sale that used to be their original retail cost.
“Don’t ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.” - A Wise Man

Your issue is probably that you (like most people) don’t really understand the concept of inflation, rising development costs, corporate greed, and the bubble that is going to burst on game’s development in the coming years. Be grateful you have a selection of games to choose from now, in 15 years you’ll be wearing nostalgia goggles about the concept of buy 2 get one free game sales while you strap into the only game that exists anymore: Rebirth powered by Facebook. The virtual reality game that finally gives you what you wanted all along, a chance to believe that you too could have the American Dream, and that this life wasn’t a nightmare, but a beautiful dream.

The fact they drain your life essence in return for game access is purely the cost of doing business. Always has been.

Corporate greed will always win. We are the end product.

I’ll be buying reskinned Assassins Creed Valhalla, reskinned Watch Dogs: Legion and reskinned Call of Duty!

Super excited for these new experiences on my new PS5!!

Went in for AC:V and Yakuza at $33 and an Atelier Ryza 2 for $40. A bit pricy but these are three of my favorite series so I'm glad they all worked.

Edit: Nevermind. I see the difference now.

Target lists a Call of Duty for Xbox One for $59, but it also lists one for the Series X for $69. Aren't they both the same?

Target lists a Call of Duty for Xbox One for $59, but it also lists one for the Series X for $69. Aren't they both the same?
The XB1 version is BC for XSX. The higher priced XSX is the next gen version. Blame Activision for not participating in Smart Delivery and charging more for the “upgrade.”

Is anyone else surprised by some of games that have already sold out during this sale? Is stock being held back or is demand really that high for a deal that is fairly lukewarm on games that should not be selling like doorbusters? 

For the people that are canceling out games on their b2g1 orders, are you still getting taxed for all three items? I placed an order for AC: Valhalla, canceled two copies to bring it down to $33, but still got charged ~$9.50 in tax. Taking a chance on AC (I’ve never bothered with the series) for $42 is less appealing than taking a chance on it for $36.

For the people that are canceling out games on their b2g1 orders, are you still getting taxed for all three items? I placed an order for AC: Valhalla, canceled two copies to bring it down to $33, but still got charged ~$9.50 in tax. Taking a chance on AC (I’ve never bothered with the series) for $42 is less appealing than taking a chance on it for $36.
That happened to me but only when I chose 3 of the same game so I canceled, then I switched it up and got 2x of a different game to cancel and the tax worked out the right way. So order Valhalla and 2x atelier or guilty gear and then cancel the 2, Valhalla should end up taxed properly

Edit : actually since Valhalla is $50 do the opposite console Valhalla to cancel

a little off topic, but does anyone have a non-expired invite to the CAG discord? I can't seem to find one.

This sale gave me the idea to try to price match Best Buy's AC Valhalla ps5 copy to Amazon or Target's $50, and still try to double dip on the $10 in rewards back for preordering.
Trying to do that right now thru chat with Best buy

That happened to me but only when I chose 3 of the same game so I canceled, then I switched it up and got 2x of a different game to cancel and the tax worked out the right way. So order Valhalla and 2x atelier or guilty gear and then cancel the 2, Valhalla should end up taxed properly

Edit : actually since Valhalla is $50 do the opposite console Valhalla to cancel
Ah, I’ll try that out. Thanks for the info.

The amount charged for tax will correct itself when the item ships.

Ordered :ps4: Assassin's Creed Valhalla for $35.67 after tax. Making this deal even better, my brother is the one buying it, so I'll borrow it later when he's done ^^

I wish Immortals Fenyx Rising was part of this. Would gladly pick that up for $35 at launch.

Am I the only one getting taxed for all three games even with the other two cancelled? :(
Did you read above where the tax may be wrong if you ordered three copies of the same game? It worked right for me when I ordered two other games at the same price.

Ordered :ps4: Assassin's Creed Valhalla for $35.67 after tax. Making this deal even better, my brother is the one buying it, so I'll borrow it later when he's done ^^

I wish Immortals Fenyx Rising was part of this. Would gladly pick that up for $35 at launch.
Same wished Immortals was on it as well

Trying to do that right now thru chat with Best buy
How'd it work out for you? I didn't think of it, but my guy told me that BB won't price match anyone for it, because it's a preorder item. Once released, they'll match the $50, but then you'd miss the $10 rewards for the preorder. catch 22, I'll probably stick with BB anyway.

Welp. Told myself I'd hold off on Valhalla but $36 is too good to pass up. Odyssey was by no means perfect but it was still some of the most fun I've had with a game all year. 

Going to be the most stupidest question asked today I'm sure but can you get digital copies with this sale?

I ordered the Digital PS5 and want Miles and Godfall :/

Picked up Yakuza for $34. Normally I don't buy games at launch, but I figure I'll be able to trade in back to Gamestop for at least equal value a month or so after launch.

Not to be "that guy," but for anyone holding out some hope, I saw someone on SlickDeals say they were able to get a chat rep to include Sony first party games. After seeing that, I decided to try again. Third rep was willing to refund me to make the promotion apply. I got Spider-Man Miles Morales Ultimate Launch Edition, Demon's Souls, and Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War for $145.45 after tax and the RedCard discount. The only bad news is they are being shipped of course, so no real games for me on launch day. Guess I'll be playing Astro's Playroom after all.

Not to be "that guy," but for anyone holding out some hope, I saw someone on SlickDeals say they were able to get a chat rep to include Sony first party games. After seeing that, I decided to try again. Third rep was willing to refund me to make the promotion apply. I got Spider-Man Miles Morales Ultimate Launch Edition, Demon's Souls, and Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War for $145.45 after tax and the RedCard discount. The only bad news is they are being shipped of course, so no real games for me on launch day. Guess I'll be playing Astro's Playroom after all.
Do you chat with them before you place the order or after?

I picked up a PS5 controller for $62.49. Guy said 10% store wide right now. I’ll take it. Also, there is a Veteran 10% most of the week.

Going to be the most stupidest question asked today I'm sure but can you get digital copies with this sale?
In the past, digital was always excluded. You can always try in-store to see if someone will adjust it for you.

As in the past, I tried 3 clearance games and they didn't work. They checked the ad and their electronic gadget thingy and verified they were included. After 30 mins they added a discount equal to the lower priced game to give me the promo.

I picked up Spider-Man Miles Morales Ultimate Launch Edition, Demon's Souls, and AC with red card and military discount, thanks chat rep...$107.XX. 

bread's done
Back