Tatsunoko Vs Capcom to NA confirmed?!

cupcakex1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
0q8wu.jpg

Credit to neoanarch over @ NeoGAF

Just saw a thread on NeoGAF about Tatsunoko Vs Capcom being released in NA. The picture is from Nintendo Power from what I read.

Glad it's going to be released. I was going to pull the trigger sooner or later and import it. But now I could just wait for the English translation.

Hopefully it ain't no BS. :D

What do yall think? You think some characters will be left out? Maybe they'll add some online? I don't know but I'm excited for this to come out. :lol:

Allegedly the entire scan:
051609_201200.jpg

If the scan is authentic, then it seems that this could have been planned as an e3 reveal.

Already have the import, but will buy again to show support. The fans wanted it, and Capcom actually listened and brought it over. Also, will be nice to know what the hell is going on in the ending vids in English, hehe.

[quote name='cupcakex1']
0q8wu.jpg

Credit to neoanarch over @ NeoGAF

Just saw a thread on NeoGAF about Tatsunoko Vs Capcom being released in NA. The picture is from Nintendo Power from what I read.

Glad it's going to be released. I was going to pull the trigger sooner or later and import it. But now I could just wait for the English translation.

Hopefully it ain't no BS. :D

What do yall think? You think some characters will be left out? Maybe they'll add some online? I don't know but I'm excited for this to come out. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I imported it. But really hope it is released in North America.

Wii owners need more conventional games. Not everyone wants (or can afford) all 3 home consoles and if I'm frustrated having to sift through all the shovelware and party/mini games, they must be very discouraged.

Why don't you go look yourself? The information is out there on the internet, just not available at one source. You can probably check Anime News Network or something like that.

But in other words

YES YES YES ALL OVER MY FACE

:whee: :whee: :whee: :whee: :whee: :whee: :whee:

Double dipping fo sho

Posted by Eternal Rain @ GoNintendo:

"I was just checking something on Wikipedia, and apparently it turns out that the company who held the license to Gatchaman (aka “Battle of the Planets”) here in North America had the license expire back in 2007. Guess Capcom had no problems as far as Gatchaman characters are concerned.
Tekkaman apparently ended really early on so it’s possible the NA license with it probably expired a while back.
Yatterman never came out over here so there should have been no worries over it.
Hurricane Polymar only saw international release in Italy so NA is fine in that regard.
Golden Warrior Gold Lightan only aired in Japan, Hong Kong, and Bulgaria so there was no company holding the NA license.
Karas was localized here by Manga Entertainment rather recently so Capcom likely had to get a deal with them.
The Genie Family also only aired internationally in Italy so NA’s fine I guess.
And lastly, Gyakuten! Ippatsuman never got released outside of Japan so it’s fine, I guess.
Wonder who these “13 companies” were then…"

Interesting... But why the hell can't we get Jump Super/Ultimate Stars over here?! Viz basically licensed most of the more vital series in that game.
I imagine this is easier to license since it has less series... I await this game with open arms. Gold Lightan vs. Ryu? And in English? Eff yeah!

Yes i already had this game since release and i cant wait till it comes here so maybe they will have tournaments for it close to release date.

This is the best news of the year for the Wii so far! Day one for me - I hope it hits this fall rather than next year. I can't wait to use my Hori Stick with this game!

[quote name='EXStrike']But we have a scan this time.[/QUOTE]

This was a respond to the person asking about the licensing issues.

I just bought it from Play-Asia when it was on sale a couple weeks back.

I hope nothing major gets added to the NA version. That sounds bitter, but I don't want to see online and new chars and such for a game I could've waited on.

I was starting to lose hope on ever getting this, didn't want to import it...but this is awesome news, I'll definitely be picking it up

[quote name='Rig']I just bought it from Play-Asia when it was on sale a couple weeks back.

I hope nothing major gets added to the NA version. That sounds bitter, but I don't want to see online and new chars and such for a game I could've waited on.[/QUOTE]

After I looked over the roster, Capcom may decide to add a couple of extra and more familiar characters into the game. In the US, nobody even knows half these characters. Or, maybe, Capcom won't care because most Wii owners will dismiss the title because it doesn't have a stupid over-hyped peripheral included inside or Mario.

Honestly, I'm not sure why Capcom chose to distribute this title only through the Wii. Unless, the arcade hardware is similar to the Wii architecture, which would allow a cheap seamless port (see Dreamcast and Naomi). The Wii does not have a solid stick and online play is a hassle and not robust. Also, this type of title is not well-suited for most US Wii gamers. With online multiplayer fighting games moving to the forefront of gaming, more than likely, TvC would probably do better on the other systems.

I will still buy this day one, but I would rather have it on 360 with LIVE support and use a TE stick. Anyways, I hope the title does well because I like seeing these games come stateside.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='opportunity777']
Honestly, I'm not sure why Capcom chose to distribute this title only through the Wii. Unless, the arcade hardware is similar to the Wii architecture, which would allow a cheap seamless port (see Dreamcast and Naomi). The Wii does not have a solid stick and online play is a hassle and not robust. Also, this type of title is not well-suited for most US Wii gamers. With online multiplayer fighting games moving to the forefront of gaming, more than likely, TvC would probably do better on the other systems.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like somebody's got a case of the Mondays.

If this is indeed true, I really hope they add extra modes, new characters, and bonuses because everyone who REALLY wanted this game already has the Japanese version. I won't double dip unless this is the case. Or until it hits the bargain bin.

Is the Hori fighting stick for the Wii worth getting? I have a couple Ps2 and Xbox fightsticks. Would a PS2/Xbox to Gamecube controller adapter work with the Wii?

Dude it may not be 'tournament worthy' but :wii: has the Hori fighting stick. I'm not trying to go rabid fanboy on your but
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtV6-Ke1p5k

i mean wow what wouldn't be better with Live for online instead of friendcodes. Outside of Strikers and Mario Kart I can't think of any time I was completely satisfied with a :wii: online experience, but hey at least it's something. Half the reason online sucks on :wii: is because we rarely get anything worth playing online. Noone is going to improve the online tools unless we get online games.

The game is built off of a arcade board that has the same power as the wii.

That's why I don't get it when people keep telling capcom to put it on the 360/PS3, because sadly it's not going to happen. Basic online play is nice. Granted i clearly understand the need for voice chat/in game messaging but meh.

The game overall looks gorgeous on a hdtv in 480i. I don't get it to have it 1080i/p it looks good as it is. I mean if you go to japan and play in an arcade, it will look the same as the wii version. Hence it's a perfect/near perfect port.

I hope too there isn't much added to the NA verison. I'm sure the japanese will get a rerelase of the game with the NA features...:lol:

[quote name='rocky435']The game is built off of a arcade board that has the same power as the wii.

That's why I don't get it when people keep telling capcom to put it on the 360/PS3, because sadly it's not going to happen. [/QUOTE]

Why can it not happen? Are you trying to say that the PS3/360 cannot run a game designed for wii hardware?

And people want it on PS3/360 for more then just the graphics upgrade (the Wii version is jaggy as all heck, i have the game). There is an actual robust online system on the 360/PS3 that works and doesnt need friend codes or any other garbage. They also have a mic system running on both platforms. Ontop of that, both platforms have tons of available options when it comes to arcade sticks and fighting pads.

Seriously, grow up with the wii fanboy crap. I would purchase this game on PS3 and 360 if it were to come out. I have the japanese Wii version tho and its ok, but on a actual proper platform, the game would really shine.

I fully agree with Blitz6. I'd much prefer it on the other consoles, and Capcom would undoubtedly sell more copies if they produced such versions, but the Wii version is still a great game.

bread's done
Back