Tatsunoko Vs Capcom to NA confirmed?!

I don't know if anyone here has played the Japanese version, but IMO the soundtrack has taken a turn for the worst. They replaced the classic cartoon themed music with this half-assed early 90's electronica.

Also, I find the online to have significant lag. I've never played Street Fighter IV online, but I think there's enough delay to make the gameplay somewhat uncomfortable.

I'm thinking of getting a LAN Adapter, since Wi-Fi usually isn't the best way to play online games. Does anyone have experience with this? Does this improve online play at all?

[quote name='The_Spaceman']Meh I set the game on easy so I can beat the arcade mode and unlock characters lol.[/QUOTE]

I did the same and man those early matches are hilarious like that, the other fighter barely moves so you're free to just spam specials.

[quote name='The Great BM']I don't know if anyone here has played the Japanese version, but IMO the soundtrack has taken a turn for the worst. They replaced the classic cartoon themed music with this half-assed early 90's electronica.

[/QUOTE]

I know! I'm really missing being able to use Karas with his music but i'm thinking when this gets a re release in Japan it will probably be put back in .

[quote name='The Great BM']I don't know if anyone here has played the Japanese version, but IMO the soundtrack has taken a turn for the worst. They replaced the classic cartoon themed music with this half-assed early 90's electronica. [/QUOTE]

It also doesn't have Indestructible. Every Capcom game from now on should have Indestructible in it somewhere.

And by somewhere, I mean EVERYWHERE.

♪Indeeeeeeeeeessssssstruck-ib-aaaaaaaaalll!♪

That song needs to be nominated for a Grammy. :lol: Indestructible song of the year!!!!!!

It could potentially beat out lady gaga and the black eyed peas.

I didn't mind Tatsunko's opening theme since they kept the Japanese theme music. As others have said i do miss the theme music for each character, it operated smoothly and was sexy in a geeky way.

The mini games being pulled out i do miss. The Ryu hadoken waving the wiimote one was amazing in the jap version. Knocking away stone pillars provided hours of entertainment.

Overall I love the american version otherwise it works well, the combo seem to connect a little better. Yatterman-2 is going to take a couple more hours to unlock since you have beat the game with all four "new" characters. :cry:

Is it me or are the graphics a little more smoothed out in all-stars over cross generation. I mean they did have to go back and add stages and characters it just looks a tad better.

[quote name='Strell']It also doesn't have Indestructible. Every Capcom game from now on should have Indestructible in it somewhere.

♪Indeeeeeeeeeessssssstruck-ib-aaaaaaaaalll!♪[/QUOTE]

For saying this, you are no longer allowed to call yourself a man. That song is the worst thing in the history of creation.

:D

I know where Lake Jackson is. Because of Google Maps, I mean. But more importantly, don't make me come over there and sing that song while I bust up all those totally sweet joysticks you modded.

It will be both ironic AND awesome.

Also, could you mod my TEs to play on PS3/Wii also? That would be pretty cool. After all the un-indestruction, I mean.

[quote name='Strell']It also doesn't have Indestructible. Every Capcom game from now on should have Indestructible in it somewhere.

♪Indeeeeeeeeeessssssstruck-ib-aaaaaaaaalll!♪[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with this. I would also support Indestructible as a new national anthem.

Played a few games online. Latency is not looking hot. I wouldn't say Capcom vs SNK 2 online lag but *pretty* close to that from my experience. I somehow got one flawless match but I have no idea now.

The online is good. It's been mostly lag free and I always find matches. I always get my ass kicked. I think I need an arcade stick.

Been playing Arcade since Tuesday, it's AWESOME soo far.

Going to try out the online play this weekend.

I knew nothing about the Japanese version so I don't miss the music and mini-games that seem to have been cut.

And I'm still trying to get all the gold letters during the end credits. I got up to R in 'For' so far before I missed a letter.

[quote name='Puffa469']Been playing Arcade since Tuesday, it's AWESOME soo far.

Going to try out the online play this weekend.

I knew nothing about the Japanese version so I don't miss the music and mini-games that seem to have been cut.

And I'm still trying to get all the gold letters during the end credits. I got up to R in 'For' so far before I missed a letter.[/QUOTE]

I missed one of the last 3 letters in that. I was so pissed. xD

I unlocked all the characters yesterday and it was fun. Zero is an awesome charcter but feels too powerful.

Also trying to unlock the shooter mini game left me blue-balled since I missed getting the damn "I" in the, "Thank You For Play ng" :lol:. I'll get it soon, maybe.

Anyways I'm sure some people have seen this, but capcom wants to add phoenix wright as dlc, and ingrid and two tatsunoko charcters, one with roller stakes and a cute bunny girl..(there names are in the article.

http://www.destructoid.com/a-better-look-at-the-stuff-cut-fromtatsunoko-vs-capcom-161902.phtml

I don't know how DLC would be handled as there is no shop channel to purchase them. I guess they could use the WiiShop channel, but I don't know how it would connect with the game. Plus it would confuse people who haven't bought them game also in the WiiShop Channel.

I know they probably wont' do it but if I could have another capcom char I'd like to play as Felicia from Darkstalkers again I just like her more so than I do Morrigan and I really like Morrigan

[quote name='The_Spaceman']I don't know how DLC would be handled as there is no shop channel to purchase them. I guess they could use the WiiShop channel, but I don't know how it would connect with the game. Plus it would confuse people who haven't bought them game also in the WiiShop Channel.[/QUOTE]

Modern Warfare has demonstrated that a hotfix can be implemented into the game. Some of us might consider this as close to patching as you can get, and depending on how much data is required for it, it could be relegated to internal memory. So it is not impossible - if Activision, of all people, can get it done, there's no reason Capcom can't. Opening up a new mention option would take all of a bit of code and maybe a few images - very small addition - and they've done similar things with Megaman 9 DLC.

Further, "confuse people who didn't buy the game" is really stretching it.

However, I have extreme doubt this will ever come to fruition. Capcom's made some rather bizarre and contradictory noise on this front. Phoenix Wright was denounced as usable a few months ago, when they cited that "his attacks would be too big" if he yelled out OBJECTION! and sent the familiar speech bubble across the screen. I think they even intonated that he never made it past initial design stages because of this.

Within the last few weeks they talked about scrapping other characters for equally odd reasons, including Speed (Speed Racer) because "we couldn't think up a moveset, and didn't want to Captain Falcon him." So you could call that lazy or standing up for the franchise; I don't really care either way. Still an odd answer there.

This is all to say that I have huge doubt that they've got a bunch of usable character data and models sitting around waiting to be used. The only honest option here as I see it is that Nintendo agrees to it and tells Capcom to do it, and then finds a way to sell it in game stores in order to boost presence. Because I'm really doubting Capcom is going to go through the trouble unless the game sells a lot, and the consensus is that this isn't going to happen.

So at the end of the day I think this is a lot of noise on Capcom's part, but also a foregone conclusion because of Nintendo's policies and general attitude regarding DLC.

I wish that ameratsu was in this game..

Having fun with it but everyone is Batsu and Zero online. Gotta learn more!

Yeah its been a long time since I had a vs game myself. I just have a feeling due to the way the controls are on the Wii though this won't be as well recieved as it could be especially given the Wii's focus on a more casual audience. Don't get me wrong I'm glad its on the Wii and gives me a good excuse to boot up the system for hrs on end which I haven't done in a while.

I just have this feeling this game would of been better recieved on a system like the 360 or PS3 which has controllers a little more geared toward fighters and more fighters on it so people like me don't feel torn picking up arcade sticks for the game since they'll get more use out of it than for just this one game.

On another note this was a bad time of the year to release this game. Honestly throwing it up against games like Mass Effect 2, Dark void,Bayonetta and Darksiders not to mention things like White Knight (hugely anticipated PS3 title due out early febuary). So no I don't expect this game to sell all that much they should have found a gap between the long list of AAA titles that got pushed back from December till around now and "then" released it.

[quote name='PhoenixT']On another note this was a bad time of the year to release this game. Honestly throwing it up against games like Mass Effect 2, Dark void,Bayonetta and Darksiders not to mention things like White Knight (hugely anticipated PS3 title due out early febuary). So no I don't expect this game to sell all that much they should have found a gap between the long list of AAA titles that got pushed back from December till around now and "then" released it.[/QUOTE]

I've always thought January was a bad time for any game to come out due to people still paying off holiday debt. Looking at upcoming releases there really isn't a right time, every month features some big release and it sure as hell needed to come out before Super Street Fighter IV.

Yeah I suppose your right given the audiences are similar for the two games at least in my mind I know alot of people who got into this game couldn't get into street fighter 4. Personally I like the tempo of both I like the speed and technical gameplay SF4 offers but theres something about the ease of access and over the top gameplay of the vs games that I love just as much if not more so.

I figured out a easy way to get the yellow letters in that bicycle mini-game.
If you beat the game with Roll. You play as her flying on a broom instead of the bicycle thing. ;)

As for unlocking the mini-game, try beating the game with Roll, it makes it a lot easier to collect the letters during the credits.

doh: beat to the punch :p

[quote name='SteveGo']As for unlocking the mini-game, try beating the game with Roll, it makes it a lot easier to collect the letters during the credits. (You end up controlling Roll on her broom rather than the trio on the bike)[/QUOTE]

According to the time. I posted the exact same thing as you. :lol:

[quote name='jman619']I figured out a easy way to get the yellow letters in that bicycle mini-game.
If you beat the game with Roll. You play as her flying on a broom instead of the bicycle thing. ;)
[/QUOTE]

thanks for the tip

I ordered this last week from amazon w/$10 credit and am now thinking about pulling the trigger on a arcade stick, even though I have gamecube controllers I can use. So what are you guys putting the arcade sticks on when you use them, to make them stable? Also, I might've missed this somewhere, but when are the classic pro controllers coming?

[quote name='Indyjones']I ordered this last week from amazon w/$10 credit and am now thinking about pulling the trigger on a arcade stick, even though I have gamecube controllers I can use. So what are you guys putting the arcade sticks on when you use them, to make them stable? Also, I might've missed this somewhere, but when are the classic pro controllers coming?[/QUOTE]

I play with the orig classic controller, mostly because I can't play fighters with an analog stick.

I have the Hori Wii stick (blue and white) but it's a real POS imo.

I can't justify forking out $80 for the Madcatz stick when it doesn't even have Japanese arcade buttons or stick. This is still the best option for those wanting to play with a joystick, but I'd rather wait and hope they release an arcade stick with real Sanwa or Seimitsu parts. Of course it would be more than $80, but some things are worth it.

I see the new classic controller on Amazon, but maybe thats an imported Japanese one? Yup, just checked, its an import.

I actually picked up the madcatz stick last night. Its got really tight controls on it like very tight you need to be very precise on any dragon punch moves to get them to work but once you learn that you can pump them out very fast the buttons are a "little" springy but very responsive and will likely last through alot of abuse. Probably the best thing about it is the weight its nice and heavy and doesn't feel like your going to flip it if you have it in your lap and get really into the game. Oh by the way what Tatsunoko chars are good against Yami freaking guy keeps pinning me in a corner and using that life drain move over and over with them and none of them seem to have a good ranged super that I've found. Heck most of them are close range fighters period with no kind of ranged attack.

How do you get different levels in the shooter mini-game? Is it only based on what character of four you select?

Anyway, I'm at 53% completed with all characters unlocked.

Well, I did import this game a couple years ago, and needless to say, I'll be buying this one as well, there is enough of a difference to get it again (and show support!) :D

I've been playing the game with the Hori fighting stick. It's not bad. I've tried the classic controller and to me it doesn't feel natural. I do want to invest in a Madcatz arcade stick.

tempted to pick up the stick.... kinda like to have it for new super mario bros.... I never played the older ones on the consoles... just in the arcade so can't get used to playing without a stick.

[quote name='Afflicted']tempted to pick up the stick.... kinda like to have it for new super mario bros.... I never played the older ones on the consoles... just in the arcade so can't get used to playing without a stick.[/QUOTE]

NSMB Wii cannot be used with anything other then wiimote.

I just tried more TvC last night, man the lag is so bad online. I do like the game however. Just wish it was more playable.

[quote name='blitz6speed']NSMB Wii cannot be used with anything other then wiimote.

I just tried more TvC last night, man the lag is so bad online. I do like the game however. Just wish it was more playable.[/QUOTE]

When you say lag are you talking about how the game plays or do you mean button delay. Some people call button delay lag is why I'm asking. I don't get any lag online just some minor button delay.

[quote name='jman619']When you say lag are you talking about how the game plays or do you mean button delay. Some people call button delay lag is why I'm asking. I don't get any lag online just some minor button delay.[/QUOTE]

Both. I have hundreds of hours of online fighter experience on ps3 and 360, so im familiar with what a working online fighter is like, and TvC is not a proper working one.

If you actually play the credits game at the end of arcade and try to collect every letter you can, not just the gold ones, you should be looking at like 3 million a playthrough? Otherwise, if you beat the All-Star Shooters game, you're looking at 3 million also.

[quote name='Puffa469']Ugh... I SUCK at the end credits game. I've tried twice now with Roll and I still miss a letter and have to quick out.[/QUOTE]

me too :( i'm slowly sinking in to a deep depression.

[quote name='blitz6speed']Both. I have hundreds of hours of online fighter experience on ps3 and 360, so im familiar with what a working online fighter is like, and TvC is not a proper working one.[/QUOTE]

True. I always have button delay sometimes it isn't to bad. Far as lag goes it varies. Sometimes there is none and sometimes its pretty jerky. I've noticed with almost every game on Wii the button delay isn't what it should be at all. Only exception I can think of is Mario Kart Wii. Its like playing it offline.

[quote name='Rodimus']Anyone want to play? my code is: 3910-9150-5664

... I know, it's late....[/QUOTE]

I'll add you to my list and post my FC soon. I'd really like to get some friend matches in as I believe it unlocks the second Batsu icon (1 of 3 I still need).

Here's my FC: 2880-1007-4672

Last edited by a moderator:
I unlocked all the characters a couple of days ago. Out of the extra characters
Joe The Condor is my favorite.
I also think.
Joe The Condor should have been last to unlock instead of Yatterman-2

bread's done
Back