Tekken 5 Discussion and Info

[quote name='evilmax17']I wasn't impressed with the SF stick. I think the SF stick had a teardrop stick, which I'm not down with. Also, the SF stick's buttons were all in a straight line.[/quote]

Yeah... personally, I am not too fond of the teardop or the straight buttons either. from what it seems, the T5 stick is really a huge bargain.

The buttons on the SF stick look gay. They stick up way too high. They're like super cheap copies of happ's compteition buttons. The tekken stick on the other hand should be pretty cool if it's the quality of the SC2 sticks. Here's some pics of my MAS sticks. (just cause I want to show off :D )

Ryu_after.jpg

CP_full.jpg

Are there good PS2-to-Xbox controller converters? The arcade stick looks like it's PS2 only, and I'd like to use it for the Xbox as well.

[quote name='mbstuff']Are there good PS2-to-Xbox controller converters? The arcade stick looks like it's PS2 only, and I'd like to use it for the Xbox as well.[/quote]

i was wondering the same thing...

[quote name='XboxMaster']Wait, did you say they'll have all the first Tekken's with it?[/quote]

so far, Officialy Tekken 1 has been announced to be ont the game. There is strong speculation that Tekken 2 and Tekken 3 will be unlockable. good stuff...

also... more official news: SPOILER ALERT!!!!

Heihachi is not dead and will be playable :)

[quote name='RelentlessRolento'][quote name='mbstuff']Are there good PS2-to-Xbox controller converters? The arcade stick looks like it's PS2 only, and I'd like to use it for the Xbox as well.[/quote]

i was wondering the same thing...[/quote]

Yes, there's some ocntorller convertors. There's the Magic Box imparticular and I think there was a couple others too (one was like the Dragon Adaptor or something). However, I'm not 100% that these joysticks would work with them though it's quite possible.

[quote name='2poor']went to eb today and put $53 dollars on the reservation. i just gotta find another $50.[/quote]

go to TRU and get 90% off games... then trade 2 for +$10 at EB

[quote name='XboxMaster']So you're spending $100 on this and there might be Tekken 2 and 3, yet they don't tell us? WTF?[/quote]

yeah, but damn, that stick is well worth it! Think of the extra games as a gift to true hardcore Tekken fans... like myself! :D

[quote name='XboxMaster']Well do you really think there's gonna be Tekken 2 and 3 in it? I mean, is it just speculation right now?[/quote]

true, but even if it dosn't I am pretty sure there's genna be some great stuff in there that we don't even know wabout as of yet. From what namco's been saying it should be a very very nice package... some good speculations can be seen on gamespot's hands-on... good stuff :p

[quote name='RelentlessRolento'][quote name='2poor']went to eb today and put $53 dollars on the reservation. i just gotta find another $50.[/quote]

go to TRU and get 90% off games... then trade 2 for +$10 at EB[/quote]

i went to 2 TRU near me and both were cleaned out... thanx for the advice though. :D

i think ill buy the walmart racing pack thing ive heard about and trade those in.

[quote name='2poor'][quote name='RelentlessRolento'][quote name='2poor']went to eb today and put $53 dollars on the reservation. i just gotta find another $50.[/quote]

go to TRU and get 90% off games... then trade 2 for +$10 at EB[/quote]

i went to 2 TRU near me and both were cleaned out... thanx for the advice though. :D

i think ill buy the walmart racing pack thing ive heard about and trade those in.[/quote]

keep looking... alot of green tag items are usually not marked with the green price tag.

some possibel rumors for tekken5: A Tag feature added... Tekken Beach Volleyball... More chracter pallett swaps... some other minor improvements... rumors.... :oops:

[quote name='Msia']I thought there was confirmation that indeed Tekken 1 was included but its rumored that 2 and 3 are in there.[/quote]

yes, if you read the above posts, we're pretty sure T1 is in the game.

This SE set is going to force me to buy (after hunting) non-GH copies of TTT and T4 as I only have JAP copies. What's the deal with US getting the first run at Tekken 5? Only reason I have a JAP PS2 is for the early copies of fighters.

[quote name='TheUnsane1']This SE set is going to force me to buy (after hunting) non-GH copies of TTT and T4 as I only have JAP copies. What's the deal with US getting the first run at Tekken 5? Only reason I have a JAP PS2 is for the early copies of fighters.[/quote]

well think of it for these two reasons:

#1. Look at what happened to the DS. It got released here first because initial sales in the US are usually better than in Japan.

#2. Since the PSP was comming out a few days after Tekken 5's original March release date, Namco probably didn't want its thunder to be taken away and pulled the game back for a quicker release...

other than that... i don't know why they did it. :?

So you guys think this will be in store on Friday the 25th or Saturday the 26th? I'm probably just going to pick this up in-store.
-G

Just got e-mailed this via the palystation Hot News. It says Tekken 5 in store 2-22-2005. I'll try to get you guys a link.
-G

I'm also eagerly anticipating the arrival of the new hori tekken fighting stick
but I'm wondering If it's worth getting since I've already got the original RAP.
Ideally I would like to simulate the arcade feel as much as possible.
For some reason my stick does not exactly feel identical to the tekken 5
arcade machine and supposedly there both using sanwa sticks? I guess it
could be in the calibration of the stick? Would anyone know if the RAP
joystick is the same as the t5 machine. If the new hori will be then I'll spring
for it.

Ah. Nice. Unfortunately I couldn't tell ya since I haven't even seen a t5 machine around here much less played one.

Also I wasn't able to find a link to the info form playstation.com stating that t5 will be in store 2-22-2005. Guess it's best just to pre-order or keep an eye out next week sometime.
-G

Yeah..sorta surprised by the early release date all of a sudden...Caught me by surprise.

But to clear things up..Its NOT coming out with additional older tekken games(1,2, 3, TTT, T4). Its a carrying case for you to put your older tekken titles in. A simple cd wallet.

And im having second thoughts about my preorder with the joystick. Really sucks. I just bought the street fighter anniversary collection joy for $55-and its pretty kickass.

[quote name='simplygriff']Ah. Nice. Unfortunately I couldn't tell ya since I haven't even seen a t5 machine around here much less played one.

Also I wasn't able to find a link to the info form playstation.com stating that t5 will be in store 2-22-2005. Guess it's best just to pre-order or keep an eye out next week sometime.
-G[/quote]

EB's product page on the bundle suggests it comes out slightly after the game itself. So, my guess is that the game by itself comes out earlier in the week (22/23) while the Joystick bundle comes out the 25th.

Hey, that RAP stick looks just like the one in the T5 collector's edition... So I assume it's the same model, but with T5 image printed on the surface. And based on the Gamespot review of the stick as being one of the best Hori stick in recent years, then this package is a bargain.... I'm preordering it for sure!

[quote name='Eclipse']Yeah..sorta surprised by the early release date all of a sudden...Caught me by surprise.

But to clear things up..Its NOT coming out with additional older tekken games(1,2, 3, TTT, T4). Its a carrying case for you to put your older tekken titles in. A simple cd wallet.

And im having second thoughts about my preorder with the joystick. Really sucks. I just bought the street fighter anniversary collection joy for $55-and its pretty kickass.[/quote]

yes, you are right about it not being packed WITH the older tekkens, but the game disc Tekken 5 itself will have T1 and maybe the other Tekkens on it. It's going to be most likely a dual layered disk, so that can hold alot. If you wanna get a good impression on how the overal package of what Tekken 5 is going to provide, pick up Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution.

from waht I am guessing about the release date is this: 2/22/05 is when it is shipped, 2/23/05 is when you can pick it up in game stores (ex. EBGames, Gamestop, Gamecrazy...etc.), 2/25/05 is when you can pick up the game anywhere and when the bundle will be available.

sorry to double post but this is pretty cool:

A special edition Memory card comming out in Japan:

02.jpg

A fake, but really awsome Tekken Tag for T5 that would be super sweet if it were real! :shock:

TTT5.jpg

[quote name='2poor']cool memory card. it comes with its own carrying case.[/quote]

yeah, it might be over doing it with the case, but it's nice...

check out these tekken force Jin pics. You can switch between jin or devil jin mid-fight:

920588_20050214_screen003.jpg

920588_20050214_screen004.jpg

According to The Magic Box website, Namco will indeed include aracde ports of Tekkens 1, 2, and 3, as well as letting you play StarBlade as these older games load up. That's insane! This deal keeps getting better and better :D

If this is true, then I'm glad I pre-ordered my Tekken 5 bundle today. Just to let others now, the pre-order minimum was $25 at Gamestop, so that you won't go their $5 short like I initially did :(

Oh snap, I forgot about that. Are we supposed to get it when we pre-order or do we pick it up when the game arrives? When I pre-ordered T5 today at Gamestop they didn't give me the art book but then again I never mentioned it to them.

[quote name='t65will']Oh snap, I forgot about that. Are we supposed to get it when we pre-order or do we pick it up when the game arrives? When I pre-ordered T5 today at Gamestop they didn't give me the art book but then again I never mentioned it to them.[/quote]

you get the art book when you go pick up the game.

also, from speculation, the case that holds your previouse Tekkens wil probably only hold TTT, T4, and T5... only a speculation though from what I've seen of the thing...

in the mean time for your wait watch this: Badass Movie :shock:

Sorry to double post but this info is way too important to pass up!

(Translation of Pic Below)

2.jpg

Revealing the PS2 version original movies.
In the arcade version, because of space restrictions or what not, the opening movie was not able to be completely included. In has been revived for the PS2 version. This time, we reveal some of the cuts that didn't make it to the arcade version.

Famous creators have designed some costumes.
In this game you can use your fight money to buy costumes. In the PS2 vesion of T5, there are creator's costumes being prepared that were not in the arcade version. This costumes are being made by 6 nationally famous manga artists and illustrators. Even if you're not a Tekken fan, it's something to look out for.

- Is Xiaoyu a Taiko no tetsujin fan? The panda style is also noteworthy.
- (Jin) In the same style as the "Tales of ..." series, Inomata design
- Anna, designed in "Five star tale" style.

You can play starblade?!
In this game, during the loading time you can play the legendary arcade game "Starblade." It was a great game for the technology at the time.

- Released in 91, enjoy 3D shooting space battles.

Experience the history of Tekken in Arcade History
Too wonderful to be called omake, an "Arcade History" mode has been added to this game. What this is, is the ability to play the arcade versions of Tekken, 2 VerB and 3. But, no matter how much you play these, it is the arcade version so you can't save, and the PS original features are not included.

- (Tekken, 94 Release) History began here. The basic controls were evident in part 1.

- (Tekken 2 verB, 95 Release) The characters were greatly increased. Also, throw escape and reversals were added.

- (Tekken 3 96 Release) Due to the motion capture, the movements became even more real.

Sounds and looks very sweet! if you look on the outer border of the page you can see some awsome CG shots :twisted:

As a treat to anyone who's played Taiko Drum Master, Xiaoyu has a belt with some Taiko characters on it :D

EXTRA: Here's page #1 of the article:

3046520050216_142747_0_big.jpg

Thanks for all the updates RelentlessRolento. Keep them coming!

and is that Kevin Costner in your avatar???

[quote name='XboxMaster']So the including of Tekkn 1, 2, and 3 is even in the normal edition, right?[/quote]

yep, normal edition will include all of the obove! :D

is that Kevin Costner in your avatar???

:lol: nope... It's the Punisher. I read that comic quite a bit but not as much as The Goon (follow link in my sig for more info).

MORE INFO Devil Within Mode (Jin's Tekken Force mode) will play like a platformer/beat-em-up. You can double jump, cling to edges, as well as switch to Devil Jin when needed, though doing so decreases your health.

From what people who have used the Tekken 5 Hori stick say, they say it's almost a must have if you plan to "truely" get the most out of your game.

Also, from reports, the DVD case to hold your past Tekkens DOES hold all tekkens (not like what I thought in earlyer posts).

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']MORE INFO Devil Within Mode (Jin's Tekken Force mode) will play like a platformer/beat-em-up. You can double jump, cling to edges, as well as switch to Devil Jin when needed, though doing so decreases your health.

From what people who have used the Tekken 5 Hori stick say, they say it's almost a must have if you plan to "truely" get the most out of your game.

Also, from reports, the DVD case to hold your past Tekkens DOES hold all tekkens (not like what I thought in earlyer posts).[/quote]

I think Phrost is gonna go nuts if he hasn't seen this already. :D

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='RelentlessRolento']MORE INFO Devil Within Mode (Jin's Tekken Force mode) will play like a platformer/beat-em-up. You can double jump, cling to edges, as well as switch to Devil Jin when needed, though doing so decreases your health.

Also, from reports, the DVD case to hold your past Tekkens DOES hold all tekkens (not like what I thought in earlyer posts).[/quote]

I think Phrost is gonna go nuts if he hasn't seen this already. :D[/quote]

I think alot of people will go nuts in general when they play this game for the first time. I think this will be a huge sleeper hit when it's released. :twisted:

[quote name='darkcrawlspace']Jin should've gotten his own game, not Nina.[/quote]

well, think of it this way: Jin's game will play way better than Nina's ever will.

Also, the reasons why Nina got a game in the first place are pretty funny: From what the game's creators have stated, Namco wanted to make an action game starring a female character. They couldn't figure out a new character and chose to have Nina as the girl... :lol:

I wanna pick up deah by degrees sometime, but only when the price goes way way down...

Interesting Note: From what it sounds like, Tekken1,2,and 3 will not be the only unlockables in Arcade Memory/History mode... I may be wrong though...

UPDATE: Here's some character customization menu pics i got...

t59.jpg

t5-13.jpg

Just some cool menu screens I've found...

tekken-5-20050217115210477.jpg

tekken-5-20050217115209742.jpg

...and the man who just wont die :twisted:

t54.jpg

bread's done
Back