Tekken 5 Discussion and Info

Nice Pics!!! Anyone wanna sell their DVD case? That's cooler than I thought it would be.

Got an artbook today. Pretty neat for free like TheUnsane1 said. Put down 5 bucks at EB and they're supposed to have it around 12-1 PM tomorrow.
-G

[quote name='Esper']http://tinyurl.com/4cvf5 ...sweet :D[/quote]

wow! that dvd case for all the games is nicer than I thought it was going to be :shock: now I need to get my tekken 2 back from my friend that borrowed it 4 years ago... and the sad part is I know he still has it :?

holy shit... those pics are awesome

you know what... i dont think iv posted in here yet, but i am a long time tekken fan, have played all of em except 2, and i think this little gift set deserves a purchase from me :)

i can't wait

[quote name='StealthySeal']holy shit... those pics are awesome

you know what... i dont think iv posted in here yet, but i am a long time tekken fan, have played all of em except 2, and i think this little gift set deserves a purchase from me :)

i can't wait[/quote]

pick up Tekken 2 you'll be doing yourself a favor. It was an important part of Tekken's history...

Post links to reviews here as soon as they come in if I don't first.

I'll probably rent Tekken 5 first. I used to be a big Tekken fan back when it was on PSOne, but Tekken Tag and 4 were huge dissapointments for me. I hope 5 turns the series around.

[quote name='TheUnsane1']So no Tekken 5 for me til tomorrow. In other news Gamespot review is up http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/tekken5/review.html
Didn't read it yet but nice score. 9.2 :)[/quote]

a friend of mine I talked with (who is overly bought out by the Xbox/M$) said He didn't think the game was all that impressive. I tell him everything about it and denies what I say, then states how impressive Dead Or Alive Ultimate was. Yes, DOA:U was and is an awsome game (I own it myself), but it doesn't have the impact that Tekken does on most people who play it... Oddly enough I predicted to my friend that Tekken 5 would get no review scores below 9.0 and he didn't believe me...

I picked it up earlier today.
Coming from a Virtua Fighter fan...I'm impressed. This game is a blast.
On a side note...anyone know how to exit from the original Tekken games?
There's nothing in the manual and no soft-reset that I know of.
I actually had to get out of my chair to hit the power button. :shock:

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']I picked it up earlier today.
I actually had to get out of my chair to hit the power button. :shock:[/quote]
I think that is how you have to do it. I have to call my gamerush to see if they alredy have the game.

No soft reset? start-select? start-select-l1-l2-r1-r2? If you can't exit out thats kinda stupid...

[quote name='evilmax17']Can we get some stick reviews?

I'd really like to hear how close it is to the official Agetec DC stick.[/quote]

Bump for the people that have it. Short reviews would be greatly appreciated. I'll probably be picking one up over the weekend.

[quote name='evilmax17'][quote name='evilmax17']Can we get some stick reviews?

I'd really like to hear how close it is to the official Agetec DC stick.[/quote]

Bump for the people that have it. Short reviews would be greatly appreciated. I'll probably be picking one up over the weekend.[/quote]

getting up early tommorow (a shock to my body since I usually get up after 1pm) and picking this thing up. I know that this thing is going to wigh a ton, mainly cuz of how impressive/big the joystick is.

I litteraly kept my weekend free so I could play this weekend. This game series really had a huge impact on ushering me into becoming a hardcore gamer, so buying this great game is the least I could do. :D

[quote name='RelentlessRolento'][quote name='evilmax17'][quote name='evilmax17']Can we get some stick reviews?

Bump for the people that have it. Short reviews would be greatly appreciated. I'll probably be picking one up over the weekend.[/quote]

getting up early tommorow (a shock to my body since I usually get up after 1pm) and picking this thing up. I know that this thing is going to wigh a ton, mainly cuz of how impressive/big the joystick is.

I litteraly kept my weekend free so I could play this weekend. This game series really had a huge impact on ushering me into becoming a hardcore gamer, so buying this great game is the least I could do. :D[/quote]
:applause: I agree with out Tekken games I wouldn't play half the fighters I have played. The fact I could win in the arcades made me more willing to try and pick up 2d fighters and other 3d fighters I normally wouldn't play. I wish I could take off work this weekend to play some Ps2 and arcade Tekken 5 with my friends.

what the fuck?! my eb AND gamestop both did not get in the bundle today! errrrrrr.... i did however sucker a friend that works at a mom + pops store to give me the demo out of the death by degrees game to play

that was awesome, but playing the demo just made me want the whole game more!

Guess who got Tekken 5 bitches?

tekken5001.jpg

tekken5002.jpg

Glory Hole?

tekken5003.jpg

Oh yeah...glory hole...

tekken5004.jpg

tekken5005.jpg

tekken5006.jpg

tekken5007.jpg

Size comparison beside a modded slim PS2.

[quote name='evilmax17']*cough* So how's the stick?[/quote]

The stick is actually pretty good. It feels similar to the arcades (which is a good thing). The whole joystick itself is rather big, but once you place it on your lap, and start playing the game, you kinda forget about it.

Pressing start+select works fine...

Oh yeah, I got my copy today as well...it's awesome.

As for the stick...At first I thought it felt kind of cheaply built, but since I have no other Hori stick to compare it to, I can't make a fair judgement. However, once I got to playing with it I forgot all about that. It works very well with the game and it's not THAT big, it's smaller than my Real Arcade Universal Stick.

Note-just so not to confuse anyone, the stick is heavy and it's a solid piece of equipment...I was just put off by the thin plastic casing.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']As for the stick...At first I thought it felt kind of cheaply built, but since I have no other Hori stick to compare it to, I can't make a fair judgement. However, once I got to playing with it I forgot all about that. It works very well with the game and it's not THAT big, it's smaller than my Real Arcade Pro Stick.[/quote]

You have a RAP? How does it compare in terms of stick/button responsiveness/placement? I was looking to get a RAP, but I see this as a cheaper replacement.

Does the RAP have anything over the Tekken stick?

Thanks

I am picking up my pre-order for the bundle in 2 hours but am still kind of on the fence about whether I should splurge for the box or just downgrade my preorder to the game itself with the artbook.

The arcade stick isn't really a must for me, I was more interested in the DVD box.

How much do you guys think I can sell the stick for here or on eBay? Would I get anywhere near 50 bucks for it?

[quote name='evilmax17'][quote name='Ugamer_X']As for the stick...At first I thought it felt kind of cheaply built, but since I have no other Hori stick to compare it to, I can't make a fair judgement. However, once I got to playing with it I forgot all about that. It works very well with the game and it's not THAT big, it's smaller than my Real Arcade Pro Stick.[/quote]

You have a RAP? How does it compare in terms of stick/button responsiveness/placement? I was looking to get a RAP, but I see this as a cheaper replacement.

Does the RAP have anything over the Tekken stick?

Thanks[/quote]
Ack, sorry, I meant Real Arcade Universal (cheap, but nice pelican stick)...Hopefully someone who has tried both can help you.

I picked up my bundle this afternoon. I asked about tekken 5 coming in and clerk girl said "you're the one who ordered the bundle, right?"

I asked "I'm the only one who ordered the bundle?" The clerk said yes, and the thought that came to my mind immediately and subsequently escaped from my mouth was "well, that's pretty sad." For 10 seconds I felt terrible to be the biggest geek of my local EB. Then I saw the box, held it, and no longer felt anything besides unbridled joy. Then I came home and felt sadness because I had to work all weekend. I refuse to open it until Monday.

I got the bundle earlier today and have been playing non-stop all day. The game is better than I ever expected, and the stick worked great not only in Tekken, but in Street Fighter as well. The DVD case that holds the entire Tekken collection had great artwork and looked nice all around, but felt kind of cheap. The disc hubs were just kind of glued on to the cardboard case. Other than that, I'm very pleased with the entire bundle and have no regrets purchasing it.

I picked mine up at Gamestop, and they also didn't have the artbook with them. They just told me to come back next week and pick it up then.

I picked mine up today too. My Gamestop got 5 bundles for the 5 people that reserved it there. The price was pretty steep (seeing as how I live in Hawaii, it seems that they added $20 for shipping, but I'd probably have to pay that price online as well), but I picked it up along with my art book.

I played through the story mode a little bit. Law's ending was pretty funny. For those who have seen it, I almost thought I had to play again :lol:

[quote name='cheapass Gundam'][quote name='Socheata']Guess who got Tekken 5 bitches?
[/quote]

Post pics of the DVD holder please?[/quote]

scroll to earlyer pages, someone has a link to the DVD case.

oh, and yes, got the game yesterday, and man... super addicting. Also, people, post up the cutsomizations of your main character (and the main costume you play in)

Bryan Fury
Upper Body: Bullets
Lower Body: Army Knife
Pants Color: White
Boot Color: Red

[quote name='yops2k']I picked mine up today too. My Gamestop got 5 bundles for the 5 people that reserved it there. The price was pretty steep (seeing as how I live in Hawaii, it seems that they added $20 for shipping, but I'd probably have to pay that price online as well), but I picked it up along with my art book.

I played through the story mode a little bit. Law's ending was pretty funny. For those who have seen it, I almost thought I had to play again :lol:[/quote]

Yeah, I know what you're talking about. But speaking of funny, I thought Heihachi's ending was hilarious and the best one I've seen thus far (haven't beaten them all yet).

[quote name='RelentlessRolento'][quote name='cheapass Gundam'][quote name='Socheata']Guess who got Tekken 5 bitches?
[/quote]

[/quote]

If you are referring to the ones from the "glory hole" post from last page, I meant more detailed pics of the interior. It looks like his was still sealed when he took the pics.

The glue-on hub rings does sound really cheap... WTF.

[quote name='cheapass Gundam'][quote name='RelentlessRolento'][quote name='cheapass Gundam'][quote name='Socheata']Guess who got Tekken 5 bitches?
[/quote]

[/quote]

If you are referring to the ones from the "glory hole" post from last page, I meant more detailed pics of the interior. It looks like his was still sealed when he took the pics.

The glue-on hub rings does sound really cheap... WTF.[/quote]
There was another post with a link to some pictures before the "glory-hole" post.

Must we refer to my first picture post by "glory hole"? :p

And yes, there was another post with a link to the pictures of the Ultimate Collector's Edition. Albeit, grainy.

[quote name='TheUnsane1'][quote name='Darkside Hazuki']I picked it up earlier today.
No soft reset? start-select? start-select-l1-l2-r1-r2? If you can't exit out thats kinda stupid...[/quote]

it is start select. i did it when i got bored of playing tekken 3

That bundle is pretty nice... Is this game a big improvement over Tekken Tag and 4? Those are the ones I didnt really like.

I bought today mine set.
I got it with artbook, and what's awesome I also got an official Tekken 5 shirt(it's good to have connections ^_^) 'cause they only got two !!
game is awesome and Hori Stick is Sugoi!!
I like it as much as Street Fighter Anniversary Arcade Stick.
must-have!!

[quote name='Ahmad']I bought today mine set.
I got it with artbook, and what's awesome I also got an official Tekken 5 shirt!!
game is awesome and Hori Stick is Sugoi!!
I like it as much as Street Fighter Anniversary Arcade Stick.
must-have!![/quote]
I got a Tenchu T-shirt with mine.

I picked up the game last night. This has to be the best tekken yet.
Gota love the CGI endings and the old tekkens packed in.

My only complaint is that Devil Within sucks!

I have been undecided on whether to go for the joystick bundle, or to even bother getting Tekken 5 at this time (I am still having fun with Tekken 2). Then I noticed the button placement on that Hori stick is a lot better than my Namco arcade stick. I'm not sure why the buttons are so skewed on the old Namco stick, but it does hamper me a bit while playing. Seeing that great DVD case for all of the Tekken games makes me want it even more.

I still wish there was somewhere to get it cheaper than $108 dollars shipped. :( I will probably end up ordering it online from GameStop.

*edit* I guess I am not getting it from GameStop after all. They tricked me. On the page for the Tekken 5 bundle it says "ships in 24 hours", but in reality the item is backordered. I wonder if they will ever get more in. I guess I have to get it from EB now.

some ending movies are pretty funny - have you guys seen Asuka Kazama ending??
game is great, soundtrack is awesome.
I'm gonna get it too.
this is also one of the prettiest games ever.
and gameplay is outstanding.
new characters are very cool.
it's kind a shame, you cannot play on hori stick in devil within (because mode using analog sticks only).

I want to get a second stick, since I have one Strret Fighter AC stick. Should I go for a second AC stick or get the Tekken bundle? Thoughts?

bread's done
Back