Tekken 5 Discussion and Info

I've been lurking TZ for a long while. Combo Vids there generally kick major ass and are worth the download for Tekken fans for sure.

holy shit! arcade ports of tekken 1, 2, 3 AND tekken 5 for $50!

thats a hard deal to pass up...are there any reviews on the joystick that comes with the $100 package?

[quote name='punqsux']holy shit! arcade ports of tekken 1, 2, 3 AND tekken 5 for $50!

thats a hard deal to pass up...are there any reviews on the joystick that comes with the $100 package?[/quote]
Supposedly, the stick is a variation of the Hori Real Arcade Pro stick...If that's true, this package would make for a very awesome deal.

Yea I am on countdown mode myself. A buddy and I are driving to a mall that has a T5 machine to play tonight. Should be awesome.

[quote name='TheUnsane1']Yea I am on countdown mode myself. A buddy and I are driving to a mall that has a T5 machine to play tonight. Should be awesome.[/quote]

awsome same here...

yes, actually I am getting most of my info from TekkenZaibatsu, but also some research of my own for all this news.

I feel bad for anyone who misses out on this game, but oh well... their loss.

P.S. to TheUnsane1: I guess I am not the only Bryan Fury player around here... he's my main man when playing Tekken :twisted:

I'm a Bryan Fury player too. How can you not like his hard-hitting no-nonsense fighting style?

BTW, anybody seen the TV audition on the Tekken 5 site simplygriff just posted? Video's hilarious, I can't wait to see more of them :lol:

Does it only include the 6 dvd cases and not the games for the previous Tekken games?

Is Heihachi really dead? He is one of my favorite character. Any one knows how many playable characters are going to be in Tekken 5? There are 24 characters on the website but I read somewhere that Kuma, Panda and Mukujin are going to be in Tekken 5 too. Are there any other secret characters?

[quote name='yogi99']Does it only include the 6 dvd cases and not the games for the previous Tekken games?

Is Heihachi really dead? He is one of my favorite character. Any one knows how many playable characters are going to be in Tekken 5?[/quote]

if you read above post it would tell you... but I'll save you all the trouble:

The case will be only the case not the 6 games (namco wouldn't be THAT nice).

Also, Heihachi (my second main :twisted:) is not dead... he survived the blast. If there was a meteor that hit earth and destroyed everything the only two things to survive would be cokroaches and the Mishima family :roll:

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']

awsome same here...

yes, actually I am getting most of my info from TekkenZaibatsu, but also some research of my own for all this news.

I feel bad for anyone who misses out on this game, but oh well... their loss.

P.S. to TheUnsane1: I guess I am not the only Bryan Fury player around here... he's my main man when playing Tekken :twisted:[/quote]
My first arcade experience with Tekken 5 was pretty awesome. Got one of the character cards and my Bryan is up to 10-6. Played some matches with Raven who seems like some one I will enjoy. I still question the skill of the rest of the arcade, Steve was the least picked character on the rankings...... TZ commonly tells of the cheapness of him. Asuka and Nina were top characters and Devil Jin was the only Mishima in the top 10. Might end up trying an arcade down town tommorow for higher end players.

RR I have played Bryan since 3, I was a Bruce/Armor King player in 2 and with out them in the mix I moved to Bryan (who is one of the coolest character designs in all of fighting games imo). I like his mix-up game for rush down style and his huge damage combos for defensive style, he just brings it from so many different angles you can't not like him (unless your a tier whore).

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='RelentlessRolento']MORE INFO Devil Within Mode (Jin's Tekken Force mode) will play like a platformer/beat-em-up. You can double jump, cling to edges, as well as switch to Devil Jin when needed, though doing so decreases your health.

From what people who have used the Tekken 5 Hori stick say, they say it's almost a must have if you plan to "truely" get the most out of your game.

Also, from reports, the DVD case to hold your past Tekkens DOES hold all tekkens (not like what I thought in earlyer posts).[/quote]

I think Phrost is gonna go nuts if he hasn't seen this already. :D[/quote]

You know me so well... Yeah it's been a while since I considered getting a game at release time... but... including the 3 previous Tekkens did it for me. I didn't enjoy Tag or 4 as much as I enjoyed 2 or 3 so I'm hoping 5 will be a step backwards. I can't wait to see how the new Jin/Devil plays... this is gonna be great. Also can't wait to check out Jinpachi or whatever that crazy dude's name is.

[quote name='PhrostByte']You know me so well... Yeah it's been a while since I considered getting a game at release time... but... including the 3 previous Tekkens did it for me. I didn't enjoy Tag or 4 as much as I enjoyed 2 or 3 so I'm hoping 5 will be a step backwards. I can't wait to see how the new Jin/Devil plays... this is gonna be great. Also can't wait to check out Jinpachi or whatever that crazy dude's name is.[/quote]

After playing the arcade version I would say this is the best Tekken since 3 with zero doubt. It feels so fresh yet so familar it's a great experience.

[quote name='TheUnsane1'][quote name='PhrostByte']You know me so well... Yeah it's been a while since I considered getting a game at release time... but... including the 3 previous Tekkens did it for me. I didn't enjoy Tag or 4 as much as I enjoyed 2 or 3 so I'm hoping 5 will be a step backwards. I can't wait to see how the new Jin/Devil plays... this is gonna be great. Also can't wait to check out Jinpachi or whatever that crazy dude's name is.[/quote]

After playing the arcade version I would say this is the best Tekken since 3 with zero doubt. It feels so fresh yet so familar it's a great experiance.[/quote]

agreed. Also, my experience with bryan has made me have a huge heart for the tekken series. Yeah, i think this one is genna win over alot of people who hated 5... one questio though: why do so many people hate Steve Fox just because he's the quickest character in the game. I can see what they mean by him being cheap, but he is a good fighter (I am trying to learn him at the moment)

[quote name='RelentlessRolento'][quote name='TheUnsane1'][quote name='PhrostByte']You know me so well... Yeah it's been a while since I considered getting a game at release time... but... including the 3 previous Tekkens did it for me. I didn't enjoy Tag or 4 as much as I enjoyed 2 or 3 so I'm hoping 5 will be a step backwards. I can't wait to see how the new Jin/Devil plays... this is gonna be great. Also can't wait to check out Jinpachi or whatever that crazy dude's name is.[/quote]

After playing the arcade version I would say this is the best Tekken since 3 with zero doubt. It feels so fresh yet so familar it's a great experience.[/quote]

agreed. Also, my experience with bryan has made me have a huge heart for the tekken series. Yeah, i think this one is genna win over alot of people who hated 5... one questio though: why do so many people hate Steve Fox just because he's the quickest character in the game. I can see what they mean by him being cheap, but he is a good fighter (I am trying to learn him at the moment)[/quote]
Steve gets hate because he looks so simple to use people assume he is mashed. Also the fact he has been a top tier character in both titles he appears in doesn't help his case. Right now my "to learn" characters are Raven, Bruce, and either King or Craig.

I don't really like Steve. My favorite characters are Ling-Ling, Bryan, any Mishima (although old school Jin and Heihachi are my favorites). I like new school Jin too but his moves are too quick and efficient. He's a great fighter but I like a show-offy character too, yaknow? :)

I also hope King is more T3-ish. I was real good with him back then but then something happened from 3 to T to 4 and I lost all my King abilities hehehe.

King is supposed to be better then ever in T5. I haven't played him or played against him yet(I like to learn his chain throws and such on a home version) however the people at TZ seem to be happy with him also his combo vid is sick (find it here: http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/gallery/movies.php?id=t5combo ).

to Rolento: Might as well make the topic title Official Tekken topic so when the game hits we won't get a bunch of random other topics.

I've finally come to the conclusion that I don't need that CE with the fighting stick. I'm not hardcore enough to need that stick. I can't even imagine playing efficiently with one of those.

[quote name='XboxMaster']I've finally come to the conclusion that I don't need that CE with the fighting stick. I'm not hardcore enough to need that stick. I can't even imagine playing efficiently with one of those.[/quote]
Well the bundle might be worth the investment check this link: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-m-70-imt.html
The japanesse version is slightly different but the american one should ebay alone around $60 I would guess, that or I am sure some other CAG could use a second one.

Does everyone think the pickup date for the game is going to be on saturday or friday? I am thinking about the bundle pack, but I really want to know what the dvd case looksl ike. The gamestop advertisement looks too small but it does look metallic. If it really is a metal case i think im going to change my order to the SE. To comment on why steve is hated in tekken is due to his quick jabs and his infinite from a ss 3 22 clean hit. Video can be seen at http://www.tekken.net/ and also pitbull ninas r pretty hard to stop so im not suprised she is highly usedat ur arcade.

A friend of mine (who works at the GameStop I preordered the Ultimate Collector's Edition from) says that it'll be available for pickup on the 26th, Saturday.

Does anybody know exactly how limited the stick-version is going to be?

I'd only be buying it for the stick, which I don't even need right away. Are we looking at Halo 2 availability, or pre-order only availability?

I heard that only 20,000 collector's editions are going to be made. I would preorder the special edition, as having a nice arcade stick is worth the extra $50, but I already have the Street Fighter Anniversary stick, which works pretty well and I'm a bigger SF fan than Tekken Fan :)

[quote name='evilmax17']Does anybody know exactly how limited the stick-version is going to be?

I'd only be buying it for the stick, which I don't even need right away. Are we looking at Halo 2 availability, or pre-order only availability?[/quote]
It's supposed to be a run of 20,000 units...

Not that I don't think you guys will, but Post up as soon as you get this game. I need to get it at Circuit City bacause of a gift card and don't feel like checking everyday. I'd call but I don't trust the employees to know what I'm talking about. I'd end up going out for an old busted up T4 or TTT. :p
-G

[quote name='Socheata']A friend of mine (who works at the GameStop I preordered the Ultimate Collector's Edition from) says that it'll be available for pickup on the 26th, Saturday.[/quote]

actually from what I hear, the 24th is the ship date... 25th is the day you can get it... 26th is the day you can get it for sure.

also... I'll change the name of this topic as soon as the game is released.

one thing I am very impressed about the new intro is how well done it was. I especially like the little part with Steve (mainly uses punches) attacking Hwoarang (mainly uses kicks). I consider it a Punch Vs. Kick match :roll:

The memory card shown earlier isnt an exclusive to the console, but to the arcade cabinet. Ive been playing this game for weeks now, and you can buy 'idcards' that store all your data from the arcade cabinet(character profile, custom style and clothes) for a couple of bucks. The tekken 5 cabinet is completely kickass.. :p It even has special ports to plug in your ps2 controllers.

[quote name='Eclipse']The memory card shown earlier isnt an exclusive to the console, but to the arcade cabinet. Ive been playing this game for weeks now, and you can buy 'idcards' that store all your data from the arcade cabinet(character profile, custom style and clothes) for a couple of bucks. The tekken 5 cabinet is completely kickass.. :p It even has special ports to plug in your ps2 controllers.[/quote]

actually in a way you are right, but that pic is a memeory card made by hori that looks like the ID cards for the arcade... also, it's japan exclusive, so no chance of having tis baby on your PS2 any time soon unless you don't mind import costs.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento'][quote name='Socheata']A friend of mine (who works at the GameStop I preordered the Ultimate Collector's Edition from) says that it'll be available for pickup on the 26th, Saturday.[/quote]

actually from what I hear, the 24th is the ship date... 25th is the day you can get it... 26th is the day you can get it for sure.

also... I'll change the name of this topic as soon as the game is released.

one thing I am very impressed about the new intro is how well done it was. I especially like the little part with Steve (mainly uses punches) attacking Hwoarang (mainly uses kicks). I consider it a Punch Vs. Kick match :roll:[/quote]

I think that part looks like a mentos comercial. Hopefully I will get to the arcade on thursday to hype me up more for friday(if that's even possible).

[quote name='TheUnsane1']Quick update looks like gamestop is listing the bundle as SHIPPING!?!?! http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=B281233A
Maybe christmas will come early for Tekken fans. I am guessing this is a mess up at gamestop but we can dream can't we?[/quote]

i think the reason for the early shipment for the bundle is because of its weight it will come at a slower pace (believe me, this thing is HEAVY, mainly due to the size of the Arcade Stick). It should reach stores at the same time as just the game itself on the 25th.

[quote name='Zing']Has anyone been able to find a deal on this bundle? The cheapest for me so far is GameStop. $108 shipped.[/quote]

i got mine for a little under $100 at ebgames.

Total Discount: - $10.00 ( from being a gamespot complete member)
Subtotal: $89.99
Shipping: $2.99
Tax: $6.74
Total: $99.72

i got my order in before they charged the extra $10 for shipping.

[quote name='TheUnsane1']So I got my art book today when I stopped in EB, it's pretty nice nothing amazing but for free its pretty cool.[/quote]

how many pages in the artbook?

Well, the missus is stoked as hell about this one. I'll humbly admit, this is one game she has always kicked my ass at (hey, I can still win a fair amount at Halo). Anyway, she has been going on ALL week about this one, now that it comes out on her day off. I'm going to come home to that welcoming glow in her eyes, similar to Devil Jin's...
-K

[quote name='tmei03'][quote name='TheUnsane1']So I got my art book today when I stopped in EB, it's pretty nice nothing amazing but for free its pretty cool.[/quote]

how many pages in the artbook?[/quote]
Well it doesn't have numbered pages but comparing it to other guides its about 120 pages I would guess.

[quote name='TheUnsane1'][quote name='tmei03'][quote name='TheUnsane1']So I got my art book today when I stopped in EB, it's pretty nice nothing amazing but for free its pretty cool.[/quote]

how many pages in the artbook?[/quote]
Well it doesn't have numbered pages but comparing it to other guides its about 120 pages I would guess.[/quote]

How big is it? Like strategy guide size? or Like a piece of paper folded in half?
-G

Cool. I may have to try to find one then. I was gonna get the game at Circuit City since I had a gift card but now I may try to come up with cash...
-G

The game should be out by now in certain areas. On the 24th you should be able to pick up this bad boy! I am having a hard time not being able to play this until tommorow...:(

bread's done
Back