Terminator: TSCC... TERMINATED BY The T-FOX!

American Idol won't help... not in my case nor my friend and his wife that both watch AI. Especially if it's gonna be boring as soap opera crap like the last episode.

The show may not make it to AI's debut. AI starts in January (I think). TSCC only has a 13 episode order and, with it's ratings steadily dropping, will be lucky to finish those. If it does somehow manage to raise it's ratings (although I don't see how) it would most likely be paired with 24 (as originally planned) when it returns in January.

If they do decide to cancel it, just let it finish this season and that's it. Don't let it hang on mid season or whatever.

Honestly I rather see Knight Rider get canned than this show. TSCC has more substance and story than what KR is showing these days.

Call me crazy but Knight Rider was actually better on the second episode. I mean don't get me wrong it's still a horrible show, but it was a hell of a lot better than the recent Terminator episode. I think they should both be canned personally. Sorry Summer. :(

[quote name='VipFREAK']Call me crazy but Knight Rider was actually better on the second episode. I mean don't get me wrong it's still a horrible show, but it was a hell of a lot better than the recent Terminator episode. I think they should both be canned personally. Sorry Summer. :([/quote]

Well good thing you don't work at Fox than.:lol:

I'm going to try and bump this thread like crazy.:hot:

[quote name='blueweltall']Damn it moved it to Wednesday!

People are watching the show just not live, its the #3 most downloaded show![/quote]

Yea put it against Knight Rider, and hell yea I will watch TSCC more than KR.

Knight Rider seems too expensive.

they need a better marketing push...and moving it out of mondays is a very good idea. There is a shit ton of shows to watch at that hour. Yes the 2nd episode of knight rider was better, but that isn't saying much.

[quote name='SpeedyG']At least it's no longer on against MNF[/QUOTE]

Though, to be fair, it was on at 8 and MNF games don't start until after 9, so it was just up against the pregame show.

no it had nothing to do with mnf...but it does have some well liked shows to deal with...

how i met your mother/big bang theory put up decent numbers

dancing with the stars puts up big numbers

gossip girl has low numbers, but hi #'s for DL shows and dvr'd shows

chuck while not as big as some of the other shows, has a similar demo of people that would be interested in it

I found my self fliping from SCC to Chuck off and on last monday. Chances are I will do the same tonight even though I want to see T:SCC more then I do Chuck. I say changing the night is a better idea and would rather see that then it being canned.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Though, to be fair, it was on at 8 and MNF games don't start until after 9, so it was just up against the pregame show.[/QUOTE]

Did I miss a schedule change? Have they moved TSCC to Wednesdays???

No as of now it is not changing days or times. It would be nice if it would that way it chances are might not get cancled or lower its chances of it atleast. It looks like it will be on ever other week now unless they are just skiping a week for something. I also like the refrence to Full Metal Jacket. At least the name was or might have been.

Solid episode tonight. Not great, but better than last weeks. They really need to get some bigger plot points moving forward, given that the show doesn't look to stick around beyond this year.

[quote name='blueweltall']Wait so no new show next week? Hopefully they're preparing for a new time slot change.[/quote]

Probably.

i would atleast like them to get to Judgment Day if they do end it however knowing Fox it will just end. Maybe they will then just make one or 2 movies on DVD like what is going on with Stargate now. Atleast I now have a ending to the Terminator saga.

To me that is how this all ends. That is how James Cameron ended it and that is what I look to as an ending. Judgment Day (August 29,1997) never came and never will. Only odd thing is Cameron at some point from what I have read did say he was going to make a third film. That however was back in the early to mid 90s. The third one that was made set Judgment Day as July 24, 2004. I tried to find what T:SCC had for a date for Judgment Day however I could not find one.

I am now conflicted due to this I want to keep watching however, seeing that Cameron did make an ending where their was no Judgment Day and they lived more then 30 years after that, I see no point to this series nor do I see a point in T3 or any movie after that. The TV show is good however could be better and I'm expecting the new movie to suck but not as much as T3.

[quote name='neocisco']Baseball is preempting it next week and, depending on how long the playoffs and Series go, possibly 10/27 as well.[/quote]

[quote name='blueweltall']Wait so no new show next week? Hopefully they're preparing for a new time slot change.[/quote]

[quote name='ITDEFX']Probably.[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYr7hFjs3wo

[quote name='blueweltall']We need new timeslot! Vote for Change!

I Blueweltall approved this message![/quote]

blueweltall says that he wants a new time slot for Terminator but what are his true motives? He claims that he wants Terminator to get better ratings but that simply isn't true. His true intentions are to confuse viewers with the change. He claims he wants the show to do better but, in actuality, he really wants the show to fail. Is this the type of man you want fighting for you?

I'm neocisco and I approved this message.

Things have changed, but Neocisco hasn't.

He admits he still doesn't know how to work the TV, can't change the channel, still doesn't understand how TV ratings work, and favors a Monday night Terminator timeslot, but no changes for the true Terminator fans.

Neocisco is a bastard pure and simple. He's an out of tuch TV thats running reruns. A vote for him is a vote for a bastard.

Nobody likes a bastard why should you?

Vote for change!

I blueweltall approve this message.

They should move it to Wednesday, ASAP. No one watches after Bones and they might have a chance on Wednesday.

yeah they need to change the day and as long as they make in known things should pick up as long as they pick a good timeslot. This show should have started on tuesdays or wednesdays then moved to mondays if raiting picked up. I think they thought it would do better then it is just because it is terminator. I know this would be doing 20 times better if James Cameron was writing it but that will never happen.

I agree put it to wednesday's against Knight Rider!

I am giving that show one more chance tonight then I am dumping it!

Didn't they try starting that show last year? I remember seeing it online and could only force myself to watch the first 5 minutes of it.

[quote name='blueweltall']Things have changed, but Neocisco hasn't.

He admits he still doesn't know how to work the TV, can't change the channel, still doesn't understand how TV ratings work, and favors a Monday night Terminator timeslot, but no changes for the true Terminator fans.

Neocisco is a bastard pure and simple. He's an out of tuch TV thats running reruns. A vote for him is a vote for a bastard.

Nobody likes a bastard why should you?

Vote for change!

I blueweltall approve this message.[/quote]

Oh yeah!? Well...you suck! So there.

I'm neocisco and I guess I approved this message.

[quote name='neocisco']Oh yeah!? Well...you suck! So there.

I'm neocisco and I guess I approved this message.[/quote]

Your still a bastard, bastard!

[quote name='bigdaddy']Judgment Day is now sometime in 2011 I think.[/QUOTE]

2012 if you go by the Mayan calendar... :D

Decent episode this week, but they really need to do something with the Shirley Manson CEO character. Her part isn't adding alot. They may be trying to build tension with her, but I'm not feeling it. Also the stuff with the little boy and Sarah dragged on WAY too long.

I dunno how I feel about this show anymore. Of course I am going to watch but it feels soo mehhh now that I know this is an alternate universe or something of the nature. I will say though if this shows lasts the full season and doesn't have me hooked then I will have to move onto something else.

quick question

-if John Connor got captured by the machines in the future, wouldn't he be immediately killed?

[quote name='DarkKenpachi']

-if John Connor got captured by the machines in the future, wouldn't he be immediately killed?[/quote]

Yes and No.

The future John Connor could serve another purpose before being killed.
-An interrogation to reveal the locations of the resistance bases.
-If the machines have developed the technology to scan and copy the brain patterns of a human and implant them into a machine, then they could make a copy of John for a more sinister purpose. But I doubt it.

[quote name='keithp']2012 if you go by the Mayan calendar... :D

Decent episode this week, but they really need to do something with the Shirley Manson CEO character. Her part isn't adding alot. They may be trying to build tension with her, but I'm not feeling it. Also the stuff with the little boy and Sarah dragged on WAY too long.[/QUOTE]

That is the Mayan however that has never been the time for Judgment Day in the Terminator movies. I'm wondering where they are going with Shirley Manson's character.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Yes and No.

The future John Connor could serve another purpose before being killed.
-An interrogation to reveal the locations of the resistance bases.
-If the machines have developed the technology to scan and copy the brain patterns of a human and implant them into a machine, then they could make a copy of John for a more sinister purpose. But I doubt it.[/QUOTE]

Thing is do they know why they want to kill him or even do they know that they want to kill him. I thought that in the first movie Kyle said they wanted to kill John because he leads the resistance to victory. He has yet to do that when he has been captured.

http://fox.com/blogs/terminator/2008/10/09/status-update/

status update.
October 9, 2008 – 6:33 pm

Because so many of you, our most devoted fans, have been asking, we wanted to set the record straight!

While the fate of the show past production on episode thirteen is still unclear, FOX has given us the go-ahead to write two more additional episodes for this season — fourteen and fifteen.

We are hard at work writing those episodes and await news of a potential pickup for the full “back nine” (additional episodes to complete the season) in the near future. We’re crossing our fingers (and dotting our i’s) that we’ll have more good news to share with you soon…

In the meantime, keep tuning in! Get your friends interested! And thanks for all of your support.

So eps 14 and 15 are being written at least. Hopefully FOX orders the rest of Season 2!

A two episode write up is terrible. You normally ask for at least 6 more, but two? Ehh.... it's still good as dead.

So they ordered 2 more episodes to be writen but the last nine they have not even picked up? This is odd. I'm wondering if the 2 that they are leting them write will just end the series.

Okay after rewatching the entire second season again I have concluded that after the first premiere the show has tanked. I'm going to suspended my campaign of new a timeslot and going after the real problem, the writer and the producer. You fucking bastard are slowly killing the show with your poor writing and descision making.

I never realized just how close to a deadline some shows operate at. Seems like they write the episodes not long before we're watching them.

[quote name='THERFeed.com']In a somewhat surprising move, FOX has picked up Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles for a full season.

The network has ordered the back nine episodes of the show's second season from Warner Bros., sources say.

The sci-fi series has garnered a relatively modest rating on Monday nights this Fall. Its most recent episode was seen by 5.7 million viewers, with a 2.3 adults 18-49 rating and a 6 share, tying NBC's Chuck in the 8pm time period.

Will get some clarity on this on Monday, but there's a few reasons why FOX might have moved forward with an order.

The network recently ordered two scripts of the show, so perhaps the stories came in strong. Midseason sci-fi drama Dollhouse might be another factor, FOX's previously announced Winter schedule pairs Dollhouse and 24 on Mondays and American Idol and Fringe on Tuesdays, without Terminator listed. So perhaps the network has a new scheduling configuration in mind to support its sci-fi efforts.

Yet another potential factor is that Dollhouse has had some creative struggles. Sources say the newer scripts are stronger than the first batch, but if there's any chance of the show being delayed, FOX might have decided to keep Terminator in the mix.

One of the most likely reasons for a pickup, however, is simply that FOX executives like the show and the network's overall viewership levels jet up after the first of the year powered by American Idol. They likely believe the series has a chance to improve.[/QUOTE]
Fantastic news.

bread's done
Back