Text POWER to 24477 for free MS Points. [YMMV!]

raarar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
I saw this on a frito display when I was at work earlier today. Just do what the op says and you automatically win 160/400/800/1600 MS Points. It is one entry per phone number so just do what I did and get your family to enter too. I got 4 unique codes and earned 2560 points today. :D

EDIT: I don't think the deal is dead... Just it is ridiculously hard to get codes now. Further into the thread I see people who had to enter 20+ times just to get one code. If all else fails just keep trying.

Last edited by a moderator:
nice, just got 400 on my phone - now gotta ask my gf/mom/random ppl to do this thing for me :lol:

anyone know if we get charged extra for sending them a msg, or is it a standart msg rate depending on ur plan?

[quote name='sickle']nice, just got 400 on my phone - now gotta ask my gf/mom/random ppl to do this thing for me :lol:

anyone know if we get charged extra for sending them a msg, or is it a standart msg rate depending on ur plan?[/QUOTE]
It's all the standard message rate. (ie. no different than texting one of your buddies)

[quote name='Nebenator']It's all the standard message rate. (ie. no different than texting one of your buddies)[/QUOTE]

thanks!

no luck with second phone number, gonna see who else will txt for me..

[quote name='angel_of_chaos7']just got 400 ms points im guessing u gotta text stop everytime after they deny you or something cause thats how i got mine[/QUOTE]
Nope.

awesome. got my sister to do it as well and she got me 800 points, bringing my total to 1360 for 3 phones. gotta find more people, haha.

[quote name='Mizzou75']awesome. got my sister to do it as well and she got me 800 points, bringing my total to 1360 for 3 phones. gotta find more people, haha.[/QUOTE]
So does that mean it's back?

Just got 5 back from my friends
total of 2720 not bad from free ms points gotta love that. Now i can buy call of duty classic on wednesday

[quote name='cmp2005']Ffor the people that texted the word POWER make sure its all capital letters if not u wont receive anything it happened to me waited 5 mins then text again this time all caps and it worked i got 2 160 and 1 400 so farr

thanxxx op anyone has any picks of the fritos bag or something and does anyone kno how much will they charge per text[/QUOTE]

That's not true. It doesnt have to be capitalized.

For people having problems, it's probably because your contract has "short texts" disabled. I believe that's the term. Short texts are those short numbers that charge you a small fee a month for different services, such as txting you a daily joke and other stupid stuff. A lot of phones these are disabled on, so they can not contact you. It's for security reasons because MOST phones get ripped off once a year because some company starts to send them these txts and acts like they signed up for the service...when they in fact havent.

So if it's that important to you, contact your provider and talk about enabling it.

So if I have unlimited texting, I can text as much as I want on this? Just clarifying as I don't want to open a bill and see $100.00 worth of texts for a couple bucks worth of MS points.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']So if I have unlimited texting, I can text as much as I want on this? Just clarifying as I don't want to open a bill and see $100.00 worth of texts for a couple bucks worth of MS points.[/QUOTE]

Once you receive a code from them, you'll get a "you've entered already" reply afterwards.

[quote name='MirageStrike']Once you receive a code from them, you'll get a "you've entered already" reply afterwards.[/QUOTE]

He asked if he can try to get one code, as many times as it takes to get one.

Yes, each text is free if you have unlimited txting, so keep trying if you really want that code.

However, no one has mentioned whether or not Dorritos makes you pay a monthly fee for their service, which I believe you're signing up for once you text "power", considering you can unsubscribe by txting "stop"

[quote name='linkbear']Gotten all codes given out message 20 times now. umm what?[/QUOTE]

All you can do is just keep texting.

[quote name='Metalic']So after you do this once on a phone you can never do it again on the same one?[/QUOTE]
correct

How much each text cost? There's always a catch.

Just tried it and it said: Sorry, all the codes have been redeemed. Thaks 4 giving it a shot. Be sure to check out snackstrongproductions.com

I tried it a ten times with no response! I checked to make sure that "short text numbers" are not disabled, and they aren't.Then I tried it on my girlfriend's phone and got a response within 30 seconds. Why can't I do it on MY phone?

[quote name='The Stuff']I tried it a ten times with no response! I checked to make sure that "short text numbers" are not disabled, and they aren't.Then I tried it on my girlfriend's phone and got a response within 30 seconds. Why can't I do it on MY phone?[/QUOTE]

No idea. Even on my moms ancient phone it works.
I'm not going to give condescending answers like "maybe you typed the number wrong", because all of that stuff is obvious, right? =)

All I can assume is that it's bad luck on your behalf, for whatever reason =/

Getting a response is the easy part...Now, getting a GOOD response? Not so easy. Yeah...It worked the second time on my phone, and I've tried like 40 on my moms phone, and my bro keeps trying his with no luck. It's all about persistence and luck, really.

[quote name='rpgamer92']so what does this subscribe you to[/QUOTE]
The text originates from DORITOS.
I've texted places in the past that automatically subscribe you to something when you send a text, but they never sent me any texts automatically after that, even if I didnt text "stop" to unsubscribe.

One could assume that they might text you in the future about "cool new Doritos chips!" or something, lol.

I doubt they're charging you for this subscription, since not all short texts work like that. I think they do it more as fan-service to keep people up to date on their products, for free.

Basically, after you get your free MS points, or if you give up, just text "stop" to them just to be safe. Might as well, right?
It'll unsubscribe you, from whatever it is you are subscribed to.

[quote name='Xboxlover360']guys, please i really need a code please be nice with me and pm me one.[/QUOTE]

good luck with that and you do a lot of begging lol

Last edited by a moderator:
xD no luck so far at all, i've tried about 20 times, so I should probably give it a bit and try again, or switch phones to my brothers.

[quote name='Xboxlover360']guys, please i really need a code please be nice with me and pm me one.[/QUOTE]

I hope you get Herpes.

bread's done
Back