The '2008 is my year to lose weight!' thread

So I"m actually down to 192 now. I hit a brick wall a couple weeks ago and now I've found that I lose more by eating more and lifting weights than just cardio. I don't know my body fat percentage, though. That's what I'd like to find out. I do know that I can fit into a large and a 36 waist size when I used to wear a 3XL and 42-44 and that means a lot to me.

You can get amazing weight scales these days that can measure body fat and even water %. You can find a cheap weight scale that measures body fat for around $40 (I saw it at Walmart the other day you can probably find it cheaper on Amazon or somewhere online).

I'm not fat but am at that point where I need to really work my ass off to bump myself into the next stage. I've looking to invest in a good scale myself.

[quote name='nevposey']You can get amazing weight scales these days that can measure body fat and even water %. You can find a cheap weight scale that measures body fat for around $40 (I saw it at Walmart the other day you can probably find it cheaper on Amazon or somewhere online).
[/QUOTE]

Those aren't accurate at all. They're just basically doing a BMI calculation based on your height and weight. That can't factor in bone size, muscle mass etc.

The only way to get accurate body fat measures is to have someone (doctor, personal trainer etc.) do the caliper measurements. The water tank measurement is most accurate, but not worth paying for.

Finally starting to not feel horrible after long run days, woop woop. Also noticing quiet a bit of stamina increase. Today's an off day for running and I have my first race in 3 or so weeks this weekend (was gone one race, and last weekend had times confused and couldn't make it) so I'm ready for this weekend.

yay I reached the 30 day mark!
Wow seems like it's been months. I am really looking forward to start swimming again but it will be awhile since I want to loose the pot belly.

Swimming is such an adjustment, I need to get my pool up and running again... tried swimming a few months ago... it was so different... Id love to do some tri's one day in the future... I feel like I have to keep looking for something different to keep from losing focus and getting bored. Have a Mud Run 4 miler in a few weeks Im gonna begin training for soon.

Does anyone here workout late at night? I tried it around 10:30pm last night. That was nuts. After that I needed a late shower and felt hungry so I ate an entire plate of pasta. :|

[quote name='ITDEFX']Does anyone here workout late at night? I tried it around 10:30pm last night. That was nuts. After that I needed a late shower and felt hungry so I ate an entire plate of pasta. :|[/quote]

I go to the gym around 9pm and leave around 10:30.

I don't have the time or energy to go during the day and I find that I sleep better after a workout and a hot shower. Plus, the "here to actually workout" people seem to outnumber the "here to socialize and talk on my cellphone" people at that hour.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Does anyone here workout late at night? I tried it around 10:30pm last night. That was nuts. After that I needed a late shower and felt hungry so I ate an entire plate of pasta. :|[/QUOTE]

I should try that.

Getting up early just doesn't cut it for me :whistle2:/

[quote name='-Never4ever-']I should try that.

Getting up early just doesn't cut it for me :whistle2:/[/quote]

Yea hard for me as well :\

[quote name='bmachine']I go to the gym around 9pm and leave around 10:30.

I don't have the time or energy to go during the day and I find that I sleep better after a workout and a hot shower. Plus, the "here to actually workout" people seem to outnumber the "here to socialize and talk on my cellphone" people at that hour.[/quote]

Agreed, but I use my dinky home machine :|

[quote name='TheDickwreck']I suppose I could lay off the ice cream sandwiches..............nah[/quote]

And you could end up seeing all that hard work disappear.

Actually I was wondering if there was any benefits on the body to work out later towards bed time vs early in the morning?

Race Today -
It was a 7 o'clock start to "beat the heat" so I had to get up 4:10am to get ready, meet my friend, and allow for time down there(was over an hour drive away) and get pre registered. I had things I had to be at last night and I didn't get home till 11:30 and the last time I looked at the clock it was 12.

So racing on 4 hours of sleep, and not a big breakfast I felt like I ran pretty good. My first 2 miles I was on pace for around a 24:40ish finish and I thought I kicked it up the last mile...but no...26:11 or something like that. At the finish line my friend came back and was like, let's sprint it out...so I did...full out run and ended up pass 3 or 4 people...but almost threw up on finish line. Luckily I made it to the grass.

I only got one run in this week but I felt like I had a good run today. My first actual race without stopping, so I'll take that as a moral victory. Only bad thing is I didn't stop and was a minute slower than my last race where I stopped for like 30 secs...who knows. But today's course had some hills. Even after slowing down a minute and puking I still got 3rd in my age division lol. My quest to break 25 continues...

[quote name='specialk']Race Today -
It was a 7 o'clock start to "beat the heat" so I had to get up 4:10am to get ready, meet my friend, and allow for time down there(was over an hour drive away) and get pre registered. I had things I had to be at last night and I didn't get home till 11:30 and the last time I looked at the clock it was 12.

So racing on 4 hours of sleep, and not a big breakfast I felt like I ran pretty good. My first 2 miles I was on pace for around a 24:40ish finish and I thought I kicked it up the last mile...but no...26:11 or something like that. At the finish line my friend came back and was like, let's sprint it out...so I did...full out run and ended up pass 3 or 4 people...but almost threw up on finish line. Luckily I made it to the grass.

I only got one run in this week but I felt like I had a good run today. My first actual race without stopping, so I'll take that as a moral victory. Only bad thing is I didn't stop and was a minute slower than my last race where I stopped for like 30 secs...who knows. But today's course had some hills. Even after slowing down a minute and puking I still got 3rd in my age division lol. My quest to break 25 continues...[/QUOTE]

It will happen, I never thought Id break 20, my best time going into last year was 20:24... I then knocked 7 secs off that, then one second, then on a course with a few bad hills I obliterated 20 minutes with a 19:34... only broke that mark in 2 5ks, although I ran a first half 20:00 in a 10k and ran a sub 20 through 5k of a 6k... I try to keep things on an even keel throughout the week... just some days I have more energy than others...2 weeks from the Voulkslauf 4 mile mud run... its gonna be brutal... BTW... getting only 4 hours of sleep REALLY affects your time for the worse

So have you gotten any decent awards from the races yet... Ill stay for medals and trophies, Ill skip out on glass cups, certificates, mugs etc... I have no room in my drawer full of race shirts

[quote name='zman73']

So have you gotten any decent awards from the races yet... Ill stay for medals and trophies, Ill skip out on glass cups, certificates, mugs etc... I have no room in my drawer full of race shirts[/QUOTE]

I've gotten a medal with crocodile teeth, a sweet trophy with a clear runner on it, and today a plaque. I'm with you...one of my favorite things is going for the Tshirts and the food. Today we got sleeveless tech shirts, cool but kinda limited to where you can wear them.

At one race..the top 3 winners got a painted window though...thought it was interesting...my friend placed age group at that race, he got a painted beer bottle.

Ok on some days using my basic weights machine and working my arms out, I tend to get a lot of pain on my left arm. Hurts like hell as if I am straining it. My right arm feels fine. I can lift fine with both arms as long as on my feet/sitting up and not on my back. I don't know what's going on and how much of a risk I am of damaging my left arm. The pain in mostly in the back of my upper arm.
I think I might have to downgrade the weights used on my left arm by 5 pounds to see if that helps.

Started taking multivitamins on a daily basis to see if that helps muscle growth.

K this is the only place I can see fit asking this.. since it's.. food/health related (?)

I have no idea what this is. It's happened to me forever, but not all the time.
Today, I wasn't really hungry..but it was getting late and I was in the mood for dinner..so I made dinner. I only made spaghetti with sausage ^_^ (home made too yo! :cool:)..anyway, it wasn't a huge portion at all..in fact, I think what I ate (the amount) was decent.

So I eat it, and I'm like "Mmm ::pats belly:: That was good ::satisfied::"..and here I am, LESS than an hour after that.. I'm sitting here with stomach pains.. STARVING. It feels like I haven't eaten in days. My stomach hurts and I actually feel nauseous.

This doesn't happen a lot, but this happens every so often and has happened as far as I can remember. Is this normal? If not, what does this sound like? :whistle2:k

[quote name='lilboo']K this is the only place I can see fit asking this.. since it's.. food/health related (?)

I have no idea what this is. It's happened to me forever, but not all the time.
Today, I wasn't really hungry..but it was getting late and I was in the mood for dinner..so I made dinner. I only made spaghetti with sausage ^_^ (home made too yo! :cool:)..anyway, it wasn't a huge portion at all..in fact, I think what I ate (the amount) was decent.

So I eat it, and I'm like "Mmm ::pats belly:: That was good ::satisfied::"..and here I am, LESS than an hour after that.. I'm sitting here with stomach pains.. STARVING. It feels like I haven't eaten in days. My stomach hurts and I actually feel nauseous.

This doesn't happen a lot, but this happens every so often and has happened as far as I can remember. Is this normal? If not, what does this sound like? :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Could be any number of things.

1. Boredom. If your bored you fast find yourself hungry.

2. Dehydration/thirst. Studies have shown most Americans/Europeans/others from civilized places mix up hunger pains and thirst. Most people dont drink as much water as they should since they have replaced water with things like pop. Drink more water and see if that helps.

3. Sped up metabolism. This should only happan if you have been working out or something alot.

4. Tape worm :)

So at a race the other day I'm talking to this guy and he's ripped...not ridiculously huge, but his tricep..holy cow it looked like my bicep but on the bottom of his arm. my friend asked him and he said it was all nutrition that he actually only worked out once a week. Mentioned getting carbs from rice and taking protein. So does anyone know how many carbs should a person aim for a day?

He also gave the wisdom..."Remember, bread makes ya spread"

[quote name='MSI Magus']Could be any number of things.

1. Boredom. If your bored you fast find yourself hungry.

2. Dehydration/thirst. Studies have shown most Americans/Europeans/others from civilized places mix up hunger pains and thirst. Most people dont drink as much water as they should since they have replaced water with things like pop. Drink more water and see if that helps.

3. Sped up metabolism. This should only happan if you have been working out or something alot.

4. Tape worm :)[/QUOTE]

I find #1 and 3 happen to me ALOT... always had the metabolism, and being at work Im bored often and always feel hungry... there are weekend days where I could be busy doing lawn work or other chores ALL DAY and finally eat for the first time at dinner

Pleased in my 10 miler today, it had been a while since doing so, did stop for a moment to adjust my sock over a formed blister on my heel around 7.5 miles, took and ran a new route, lots of hills... I was beat... but feel good right now

:rofl: Well, I sure hope it's not a tapeworm.. if so, I've had one for like 20 some years :rofl:

I think it was thirst..I'm thinking about today and I only had a few cups of coffee..and like.. 1/2 bottle of water. :whistle2:k

[quote name='zman73']I find #1 and 3 happen to me ALOT... always had the metabolism, and being at work Im bored often and always feel hungry... there are weekend days where I could be busy doing lawn work or other chores ALL DAY and finally eat for the first time at dinner[/QUOTE]

Hehe see I dont work or go to school so boredom hits me a fair amount too and I have to watch constantly feeling hungry. Iv gained like 10 pounds recently(just bought a bike and a power tower and gonna start working out again)and a big part of it isnt just the extra food iv eaten but also that iv been snacking between every meal on trail mix.

Well, I sure hope it's not a tapeworm.. if so, I've had one for like 20 some years

I think it was thirst..I'm thinking about today and I only had a few cups of coffee..and like.. 1/2 bottle of water.

Well first on the tapeworm front I was joking.....but it could really be one. A fairly large number of people get tapeworms and dont even realize it. I think something like 20-30% of people might die with them in their system. Think the damn things live for years too.

As for thirst. Ya there is a good chance thats it. You should be drinking several glasses of water a day and most people are lucky to finish one. Try drinking your coffee when you need it but outside the mourning or an afternoon cup only drink water the rest of the day unless your eating(and even then if you can). I was suprised at how much better I felt after I stopped drinking juice and pop all day and switched to water and then juice with meals.

2 more things. I mentioned the tape worm thing to my fiancee when she heard me chuckle at the PC this mourning. She said that its doubtful but if it happens semi regularly it could be diabetes. The other more likely thing is your body could be missing a nutrient and thus craving it. Just like you crave water whenever you dont drink enough of it you crave nutrients when your lacking them. If your eating lots of junk food that has no nutrients this is all the more likely. Otherwise watch if your eating lots of iron heavy foods but depriving yourself of calcium or some other nutrient.

I thought I'd share that I've now started Personal Fitness training classes for this semester. I've ordered a couple hundred dollars worth of books and equipment just for it. I'm doing it as a secondary thing to Fire Fighting so I think it'll be a good back up / side job. I'm also taking a class called Nutrition for Human Performance. That should be very interesting.

So by the end of the year I could be a certified personal trainer if I can gather up the funds to pay for the testing. Any CAGs who want to pay me to bust your ass at the gym (except lilboo) just hit me up! People at the health club I work at often assume I'm a personal trainer anyway. Probably because I'm always standing around flexing and eating power bars (kidding. about the power bars only) :lol:

Multivitamins are good for keeping the immune system up when working out hard. Like all supplements you don't use them inplace of heating healthy, but to supplement a healthy diet.

As for a personal trainer, if you get a good one what you get is expert advice on your work out, diet etc. Most everyone that just goes and starts lifting is doing stuff wrong--bad form, bad pace, doing too much or too little for certain muscles, doing too much or too little weight etc.

A good one also motivates you throughtout the workout, is a good spotter etc. I don't think it's worth the money to have one all the time, but it's not a bad idea for people new to working out to hire one for a week or two worth of workouts so you can get a solid routine put together and have them make sure you're doing all your excercises properly and getting the most out of your workouts.

The only thing worse than not spending time in the gym, is wasting time in the gym. Believe I read that from Joe Weider in a Muscle & Fitness magazine years ago. Definitely an astute comment.

[quote name='starmask2k3']where can i buy roids at in buffalo,ny please help[/QUOTE]

lol, a guy around here used roids in high school...got huge. Now 3 years later he's got huge knots in his chest that look like boobs. Said it was gonna cost a couple thousand to get surgery to remove them.

[quote name='specialk']lol, a guy around here used roids in high school...got huge. Now 3 years later he's got huge knots in his chest that look like boobs. Said it was gonna cost a couple thousand to get surgery to remove them.[/QUOTE]

i dont want a BOOB JOB i want roids

I am going to state a quote from legendary natural bodybuilder, Steve Reeves:
"I don't believe in bodybuilders using steroids. If a man doesn't have enough male hormones in his system to create a nice, hard, muscular body, he should take up ping pong."

If you are honestly considering doping then you are not working hard enough in your current workout program.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='starmask2k3']i dont want a BOOB JOB i want roids[/QUOTE]
I see you don't understand the whole "cause & effect" phenomenon.

Everyone wants the easy way. No hard work involved. Yeah I know Ahnold took roids, but you must also take into consideration that bodybuilding was his career. I am not saying that if you are a pro bodybuilder you should take roids. Not at all. But he was putting in 4-5 hours/day, 6 days a week at the gym to build his physique, plus eating flawlessly. Many of us will never have that luxury, which is why a lot of times, normal people that use roids just end up looking so puffy that they may as well be sticking a needle in the arms and inflating them with air.

[quote name='ITDEFX']What does one get for all the money a personal trainer charges?[/quote]

And what's a reasonable price to pay for a trainer? The gym I belong to (Gold's in Fishkill, NY) is charging ~$120 for 3 sessions, which (in addition to my $50/month membership) seems exorbitant to me.

[quote name='starmask2k3']where can i buy roids at in buffalo,ny please help[/quote]

Walmart.

You can get just about anything at Walmart...except for CDs with naughty language on them.

[quote name='specialk']I see you don't understand the whole "cause & effect" phenomenon.[/QUOTE]

Doesnt understand the whole work hard to achieve results thing either... the negatives associated with steroids are so bad that I wouldnt give them a second thought... cardio fitness is so much important to me anyway, Id like to live longer than cut years off my life to have a few extra muscles now (BTW, not all women like that, alot detest that look)

...figures, seeing who is asking roids, I had a problem years ago in a trade/sale with him, one of the few times a CAG drove me crazy over a couple Mega Man games... wasted a couple weeks with him

What does roids do to people trying to lose a pot belly? I doubt they will shrink a belly over night. I really don't mind working out as I am starting to get use to the smell of sweat and it dripping into my eyes (bah). I checked out some kick boxing dvd's from my library to check that out.

Anyways I am already on my 5th week of working out. I think the my left arm is experiencing most of the pain when I am lifting while on my back. My skin around my stomach is starting to feel tighter and I can start to feel my lower abs a bit tighter. My boobs are starting to shrink! :bouncy: I have to drink more water just before I head out for my 5 miles as I am starting to see spots and bury vision in the first few minutes. Funny when I stop to check my distance tracker attached to my foot, I don't feel like stopping and need to force myself to stop for a minute.

Did a 6 miler tonight...in the rain.

So zman you've been racing for awhile...what odd trophies, etc. have you seen?

And ITDEFX, seriously good job on sticking with it...the first initial push is the worst, then eventually you'll get to where you miss it when you don't do it.

I gotta try the rain run...however I don't think I will do it if it is a thunderstorm, which most of the days it has been that.

Actually I am getting a bit bored of doing the same routine every day.

I took a day off on Monday. That pain in my arm was enough for me to take some aspirin to relieve it.

[quote name='ITDEFX']What does one get for all the money a personal trainer charges?[/QUOTE]
You get a foot in the door to better health. A good one will work with your lifestyle and not just in the gym. Ultimately the goal would be for the client to no longer need the trainer. It really helps some people to have that person as a motivational tool / advisor. A bad personal trainer would just tell you what to do in the gym and keep you coming to make a quick buck.

Here in my area, I believe on average a personal trainer gets $50 an hour. In a sense its like paying for private classes and most people I've seen only do it weekly and work out the rest of the week themselves. Its decent money if you can have enough clients. Personally I think it would be a rewarding job and be a good side job to my main goal of becoming a fire fighter.

Hey guys...I'm more of a lurker than anything, but I thought I'd share my results. I bought wii fit the day it came out. At that point, I wouldn't have considered myself overweight...but I did have a bit of a stomach that stuck out of my shirts that bugged me. Wii Fit tells me my bmi is 24.99 and seeing how close that little bar is to "obese" really scares the crap out of me. I mess around with stuff wii fit has to offer...its fun, but nothing revolutionary. However, at this point I am doing ZERO physical activity so I figure its better than nothing. I really enjoy the running mini-game and after a couple weeks I decide I'm going to run outside for real. At first...I totally suck. But after a couple weeks I keep building and building and I get to where I'm running 3 miles a day. I'm starting to lose a little weight but its slow. I should mention I am NOT a patient individual when it comes to myself. I decide that if I want results I need to change up my lifestyle. First, I cut out sodas, tea, etc. Only water and skim milk. Then I decide to cut fast food out altogether... with the exception of "healthy" places such as subway, qdoba, etc. Meanwhile, I've gotten to a point where I can run about 8 miles if I have the time (which is rare). I see an ad for the local healthclub running a special on learning tennis. They give you a racquet, private lessons, etc. I decide to give it a shot and LOVE it. It's such a great cardio excercise. I decide to go tryout out some of the other classes : cardio kickboxing, group power, step aerobics...they're all fun, even if I'm the awkward 6 foot guy with big feet clomping around. I'm now at the gym 5-6 times a week. So, that's where I am right now. Its been 3 months (93 days according to wii fit) and I am now 27 pounds lighter with visible adobimal muscles--something I never thought possible. My next goal is to start lifting weights and bulk up my frame a bit. I can't believe how much of a lifestyle change I've gone through in 3 months. I can't wait to see where I am 3 months from now.

I can't exactly credit wii fit for the results, but it worked in the sense that it got me off my butt and showed me that I was capable of doing more than I thought.

[quote name='specialk']Did a 6 miler tonight...in the rain.

So zman you've been racing for awhile...what odd trophies, etc. have you seen?

And ITDEFX, seriously good job on sticking with it...the first initial push is the worst, then eventually you'll get to where you miss it when you don't do it.[/QUOTE]

I was worn out from a long run sunday so I did a 5 miler yesterday... in the rain and humidity ... felt like I had old man knees, will lift today and see what I have left over for the treadmill

I have a few trophies in my collection, seems like the running club in Mississippi exclusively gives out trophies for all that place in age groups. Every race Ive ran that was sponsored by the Gulf Coast Running Club Ive got a trophy. They have a race at the end of the year where they hold a 1 miler, a 2 miler, a 5k, a 5 miler, a 10k, a 10 miler, and a half marathon all at one time (I ran my first half at this last year and picked off a couple 10 miler runners) where the prizes are old trophies I guess that people didnt pick up from other races, I found one from a race I had ran 5 years earlier, it wasnt the biggest one out there (I didnt want some overall female trophy lol) but thats what I got. I ran one earlier where the top winners got cd box sets, one I ran a few weeks ago gave the top winners all sorts of gift certificates and gas cards, the most unusual trophy I have was from the most unusual race, a 6k... a bust of a bald eagle. I have a few glasses, a small baseball bat replica from the 5k the local baseball team holds

So I finally got a pair of NB today. I can't wait to take em out for a spin.

I spent the past 2 weeks or so downing enough Beer & Alcohol to probably kill a small sized man, yet I weighed myself this morning and surprisingly enough I'm holding still at 240! I really did expect to jump0 up to 250-255.

I've had alot of issues lately, but I'm ready to just say fuck it and move on. As a result I'm kicking drinking to the curb and focusing alot more on running and dropping weight.

I really want to build up that endurance so I gotta ask; is their any gain / harm from running daily?

[quote name='-Never4ever-']So I finally got a pair of NB today. I can't wait to take em out for a spin.

I spent the past 2 weeks or so downing enough Beer & Alcohol to probably kill a small sized man, yet I weighed myself this morning and surprisingly enough I'm holding still at 240! I really did expect to jump0 up to 250-255.

I've had alot of issues lately, but I'm ready to just say fuck it and move on. As a result I'm kicking drinking to the curb and focusing alot more on running and dropping weight.

I really want to build up that endurance so I gotta ask; is their any gain / harm from running daily?[/QUOTE]

Congrats on curbing the drinking, I was at a friends the other day , and for a couple of reasons decided not to drink, one being I had bought some 28 shorts that day and would like to keep wearing them

And from someone who is a mid range 35-40 miles per week runner... I have no problems running daily, and it will build up the endurance, Im looking forward to cooler weather, much easier for me to run then. My knees have been a little testy the last couple days, today I focused more on weights... tomorrow will tear it up for about 7-8 miles

[quote name='-Never4ever-']I've had alot of issues lately, but I'm ready to just say fuck it and move on. As a result I'm kicking drinking to the curb and focusing alot more on running and dropping weight.[/quote]

You should probably see a doctor, or some sort of addiction specialist. I don't know you or the full extent of your drinking, but you may have some of these fun things to look forward to:

[quote name='National Institute of Health']

Alcohol Withdrawal Symptoms:

Mild to moderate psychological symptoms:

• Feeling of jumpiness or nervousness
  • Feeling of shakiness
  • Anxiety
  • Irritability or easily excited
  • Emotional volatility, rapid emotional changes
  • Depression
  • Fatigue
  • Difficulty with thinking clearly
  • Bad dreams
Mild to moderate physical symptoms:

• Headache - general, pulsating
  • Sweating, especially the palms of the hands or the face
  • Nausea
  • Vomiting
  • Loss of appetite
  • Insomnia, sleeping difficulty
  • Paleness
  • Rapid heart rate (palpitations)
  • Eyes, pupils different size (enlarged, dilated pupils)
  • Skin, clammy
  • Abnormal movements
  • Tremor of the hands
  • Involuntary, abnormal movements of the eyelids
Severe symptoms:

• A state of confusion and hallucinations (visual) -- known as delirium tremens
  • Agitation
  • Fever
  • Convulsions
  • "Black outs" -- when the person forgets what happened during the drinking episode
[/quote]

[quote name='zman73']Congrats on curbing the drinking, I was at a friends the other day , and for a couple of reasons decided not to drink, one being I had bought some 28 shorts that day and would like to keep wearing them

And from someone who is a mid range 35-40 miles per week runner... I have no problems running daily, and it will build up the endurance, Im looking forward to cooler weather, much easier for me to run then. My knees have been a little testy the last couple days, today I focused more on weights... tomorrow will tear it up for about 7-8 miles[/QUOTE]

Cool. I'm a little weary on the eventual wear & tear on my joints, specifically one of my knees isn't in the best of shape.

[quote name='bmachine']You should probably see a doctor, or some sort of addiction specialist. I don't know you or the full extent of your drinking, but you may have some of these fun things to look forward to:[/QUOTE]

Funny thing, I had a lot of those symptoms before I started drinking. And I'm not stopping altogether. No fooling myself there, but I'm not going to drink every other day like I was before.

2 hours at the gym on various machines... hope my friend appreciated me waiting around for her... notice how Ive heard less from her now that things are on the upswing with the boyfriend... but for how long... Im glad she did make mention how much she appreciated me being there for her and listening to her BS...lol...

Knees feel about 90% today... the last couple days I thought I had swapped knees with an old man it would take a coule minutes of running to be able to reach full stride

and in good news for me, Im up to 156 lbs... I was at 153 a few weeks back

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats odd... just the left...

I was at 159 lbs tonight after dinner of course... some of it HAS to be muscle from the couple cans of tuna, milk, and other things I scarf down daily for muscle rebuilding...

[quote name='zman73']Thats odd... just the left...

I was at 159 lbs tonight after dinner of course... some of it HAS to be muscle from the couple cans of tuna, milk, and other things I scarf down daily for muscle rebuilding...[/quote]

I've been eating Tuna Sandwiches for like 3 days straight (Subway, wegmans, canned). The only thing I have not done in 3 days is my 5 milers. Since I started my new job, it's too dark to do it at the school track and it seems that after work I am shit tired to do a 5 miler. I did manage to squeeze in some lifting and ball exercises this morning for 30 minutes. My legs are still firmish so are my lower abs (I can still feel the tightness).

Ive switched to the low sodium Chicken of the Sea tuna, makes it tasteless IMO, which for me is good as I down a couple cans of that as a second morning snack for extra protein.

You dont have to do 5 milers every day running wise, maybe a smaller run with more hills one day, and a long very easy run the next, short speedy runs too... with me, I ALWAYS have to keep the routines fresh and interesting, even with my outdoor jogs I rotate between 3 different spots in my areas, and within them mix it up as much as possible by running through neighborhoods and along roads etc, I rarely ever stay at the park

bread's done
Back