The 2012/2013 NBA Season Thread

[quote name='renique46']-has Steve Nash on team-

-runs Princeton offense-

double-facepalm1.jpg

this shouldn't even be close and somehow once again LA gets in its own way.[/QUOTE]

Mike Brown is not an intelligent guy, and his offensive schemes have always been horrendous - to the extent that one even exists.

[quote name='Krate']I literally facepalmed when he said that yesterday. It's sad that Ernie Johnson had to correct him once they went back to the pre-game show after the ring ceremony.

...In other news, my Mavs currently have the best record in the West. :whee:

:lol:[/QUOTE]

It's surprising that they won. I honestly thought they were going time get blown out. It's nice to see this team isnt totally dependent on Dirk

[quote name='AJVtony831']Well James Harden sure had an impressive debut. But busy with watching the Warriors play. Go Warriors! :D[/QUOTE]Yes he sure did. I was pretty pissed at first with what the Rockets gave up in the trade but this pretty much clears up all doubts I have. I now legitimately think Harden can be the main option in an offense and produce. Of course Houston's D was atrocious, but there assist totals were impressive and I think with time to gel the Rockets might be a dark horse in the west this year.

Oh yeah, Lakers lost again lol.

Let's go Kings!

Hoping that Tyreke can get it together this year and continue playing like he did last night.

Isaiah, Tyreke, and Cousins. Hopefully those three and our surrounding young players (TRob, Thornton, Jason Thompson, Aaron Brooks, James Johnson) can develop into something this year. Probably not playoffs but at least working on better team chemistry.

Almost beat the Bulls last night (albeit without Rose) but it was a good effort.

[quote name='antlp89']Let's go Kings!

Hoping that Tyreke can get it together this year and continue playing like he did last night.

Isaiah, Tyreke, and Cousins. Hopefully those three and our surrounding young players (TRob, Thornton, Jason Thompson, Aaron Brooks, James Johnson) can develop into something this year. Probably not playoffs but at least working on better team chemistry.

Almost beat the Bulls last night (albeit without Rose) but it was a good effort.[/QUOTE]

It's a good sign that Cousins has lost weight in consecutive seasons. Improved conditioning will help him cut down on fouling, which will allow him more time on the court.

Kobe was the one who wanted to implement the Princeton offense. He has been clamoring about it since the Olympics. Mike Brown is most likely bending to his will. They are 0-10, including pre season. No team in NBA history has ever been to the finals with zero preseason wins.

Tyreke Evans looked great tonight. It helps that Smart is actually using him at the two and no longer taking the ball out of his hand and making him a stand in the corner small forward. That first jump shot he took from the three point range didn't even resemble his shot from last year, there was no hesitation and the release is so much quicker. His defense on the larger Deng was also a fun thing to watch. Cousin's on the other hand although he looks like he is in much better shape still hasn't matured as much mentally yet. He couldn't get through his head that he can't drive on a player like Noah who is just as mobile and long as he is.

No way James Harden doesn't keep up what he is doing. It's probably going to be like when T-Mac left Toronto. There isn't much talent on that team besides Lin and Parsons since the franchise gut itself for the Dwight Howard sweepstakes.

It's halftime and Harden has 17 points, I can already see him having another monster game. Rockets are dominating on the glass too, +10 on offensive boards alone.

And it's game over! James Harden finished the game with a new career high of 45 points and Lin also put up a good stat line. I'm liking this backcourt more and more. I wanna wait till at least mid-season to get a better look, but Houston might just have one of the youngest and most talented backcourt duo in the NBA for years to come.

I was down on Harden since he played poorly in the finals, but he's playing up to his new contract. Plus, I enjoy watching complete players who aren't flashy or rely too much on athleticism.

He'll be good for a long time.

A lot of new look teams are surprisingly win less and trying to work out the kinks to getting back to form.

If the Clippers actually worked on their offensive game,free throw shooting, and defense instead of constantly trying to test out the new fine system for flopping they could actually go places.

Byron Scott needs to learn that putting in the entire second team to replace the starters for a bit is a bad idea, as they turned a double digit lead from the starters into a double digit deficit for them to get back from against Milwaukee. He did just sub a few guys in during the second half rather than the whole team, but the damage was already done. That they got back to tying it up near the end due to Kyrie taking it upon himself to get them the win was great, but that buzzer beater wasn't a huge surprise considering they didn't do a good job of stopping Milwaukee on defense all game long.

Was a good win for the lakers, kobeys circus shot was awesome

The Magic are looking pretty decent. Showing what can be done when the offense is more than dump to Dwight and have everyone else campout for threes off kick outs.

Still don't expect much from them, but they can likely contend for the 7th or 8th playoff spot rather than being near last place in the east as many projected.

Fast, but not surprising. Lakerland doesn't take kindly to waiting. This 1-4 start has been the quietest it's been since after Shaq left here. They freak out over everything. As a Celtics fan, its kind of fun to watch. Only when it continues this way though. Once they right the ship or have Phil Jackson come save Kobe, it gets old real fast.

Phil Jackson HAS to be waiting in the wings for them to pull out Mike Brown this fast. No assistant coach is going to do a better job and the screams of bloody murder will only get louder in the meantime.

The only thing I'm shocked about Mike Brown getting canned is how soon it happened. Personally I was predicting it would happen by the All Star mid-season break. Personally I actually like the Lakers to do well only because it makes the match ups against my Celtics that much more fun to watch.

Living in LA would change that for you. I'm pretty sure my neighbors threw a party when Nash and Howard came to LA. It was practically a full on rager with a DJ and yellow and purple balloons until 2AM.

He needed to go sooner. His rotations are god awful, why make Mitch waste the mmle to bring in a backup to Kobe if your not gonna play him and go with this garbage 2 pg front court. Not to mention because of his horrible rotations, it scared off a lot of veterans like Ray Allen from signing with the team because of playing time concern. If the organization is smart they're throwing heaps of cash at either Sloan or Jackson. Sloan has already expressed interest in coaching LA.

also
17Zf0.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='renique46']He needed to go sooner. His rotations are god awful, why make Mitch waste the mmle to bring in a backup to Kobe if your not gonna play him and go with this garbage 2 pg front court. Not to mention because of his horrible rotations, it scared off a lot of veterans like Ray Allen from signing with the team because of playing time concern. If the organization is smart they're throwing heaps of cash at either Sloan or Jackson. Sloan has already expressed interest in coaching LA.

also
17Zf0.gif
[/QUOTE]

Nash and Gasol running the pick and roll would be a beautiful sight to behold.

You guys might not care much but Chase Budinger's set for surgery tuesday or wednesday. Being a huge T-Wolves fan, I was devastated when I heard. He's been by far our best wing (not counting AK47), and losing him for 8 weeks or more just sucks with the rest of the injuries we're dealing with.

[quote name='mgbasketball10']You guys might not care much but Chase Budinger's set for surgery tuesday or wednesday. Being a huge T-Wolves fan, I was devastated when I heard. He's been by far our best wing (not counting AK47), and losing him for 8 weeks or more just sucks with the rest of the injuries we're dealing with.[/QUOTE]

Yeah missing Rubio and Love is bad enough but now Budinger..... that hurts.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I love the hire. Increases the chances that Dwight considers coming to Dallas.[/QUOTE]

Will be interesting to see how that works out.

Howard is great in the pick and roll, so D'antoni's system may fit him well. He's also a pretty hands off/laid back coach which Howard will probably like after clashing with Stan Van Gundy for years.

[quote name='mgbasketball10']You guys might not care much but Chase Budinger's set for surgery tuesday or wednesday. Being a huge T-Wolves fan, I was devastated when I heard. He's been by far our best wing (not counting AK47), and losing him for 8 weeks or more just sucks with the rest of the injuries we're dealing with.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Demolition Man']Yeah missing Rubio and Love is bad enough but now Budinger..... that hurts.[/QUOTE]

Not that big a T-Wolves fan, but it's cool to see Budinger get some love here. I remember the Rockets drafting him and I've been a fan ever since. Didn't know he was having surgery. I wish him all the best! He gives us hope that white people CAN in fact jump lol.

pringlespotato.jpg

Not understanding why Dwight would leave at this point, so he can be apart of shitty situation just as bad involving another aging superstar in a even more shittier city :rofl:

Jim Buss is starting to become Al Davis tier. This hire stinks of him and he probably cried to daddy that he didn't want Phil taking his job. Too bad Jerry is too old to take him to the woodshed and put his ego in place. The fact that both pringles and Mike Dunleavy were even in the convo is just laughable. I mean did we even remember about Sloan or Shaw?

Good game, Spurs got lucky as shit with a scrub like danny green hitting that shot. Game would have been better if Tiago Splitter wasn't on the ground almost every other fucking play as if he gets shot with a rocket every time there's contact.

Danny Green ain't a scrub when it comes to threes. And yeah, the Spurs did get lucky. I do think Pau should take more threes, though, just not really the last shot over Tim Duncan.

bread's done
Back