The 2012/2013 NBA Season Thread

The funny thing is, nobody would of been that surprised if Pau actually made that 3. Just dont like how he took it with 4 seconds left, even if he was trapped in the corner, call a time out!.

But being in a head coaching transition, starting with our 3rd string PG in Darius Morris and loosing by a missed last shot to a 7-1 spurs: all this after being blown out at Utah less than a week a go... I AINT MAD

And i was probably the only one that wasnt that hot on Re-Re-Hiring Phil Jackson. Do we really expect him to lead us to the promise land at any given call? Yes, he is still the obvious coaching choice, but im not demoralized with this D'antoni hire. Apparently Senior Buss wanted more "ShowTime" era b-ball that led to this decision. Sure, D'antoni teams are not known for defense, but Amare and Melo are not really great examples either. Having the 3 time defensive player at center might help this time around.

If anything, Lakers should be fun to watch. fucken crazy ass start to this Lakers season and we are only 7 games in. :hot: :lol:

[quote name='Viol8tor']The funny thing is, nobody would of been that surprised if Pau actually made that 3. Just dont like how he took it with 4 seconds left, even if he was trapped in the corner, call a time out!.

But being in a head coaching transition, starting with our 3rd string PG in Darius Morris and loosing by a missed last shot to a 7-1 spurs: all this after being blown out at Utah less than a week a go... I AINT MAD

And i was probably the only one that wasnt that hot on Re-Re-Hiring Phil Jackson. Do we really expect him to lead us to the promise land at any given call? Yes, he is still the obvious coaching choice, but im not demoralized with this D'antoni hire. Apparently Senior Buss wanted more "ShowTime" era b-ball that led to this decision. Sure, D'antoni teams are not known for defense, but Amare and Melo are not really great examples either. Having the 3 time defensive player at center might help this time around.

If anything, Lakers should be fun to watch. fucken crazy ass start to this Lakers season and we are only 7 games in. :hot: :lol:[/QUOTE]No, but Tyson Chandler certainly is. After he was the defensive anchor in the Mavericks' title run and the Knicks payed him $50M, D'Antoni did......what exactly? Oh that's right, resigned as head coach.

This head coaching decision sounds like it was based on money and family issues within the Buss family. Considering the Lakers are one of the most valuable franchises in the NBA, neither should have played any influence IMO.

But as being a long time Lakers hater, it's all a pleasure to watch :D

[quote name='PimpLimp']No, but Tyson Chandler certainly is. After he was the defensive anchor in the Mavericks' title run and the Knicks payed him $50M, D'Antoni did......what exactly? Oh that's right, resigned as head coach.

This head coaching decision sounds like it was based on money and family issues within the Buss family. Considering the Lakers are one of the most valuable franchises in the NBA, neither should have played any influence IMO.

But as being a long time Lakers hater, it's all a pleasure to watch :D[/QUOTE]

The Knicks played fairly good defense last year. It was the iso heavy offense that Melo insisted that they run that killed the team.

[quote name='advanced']The Knicks have been pretty good lately. Can they still amnesty Amare?[/QUOTE]

They amnestied Billips for Chandler.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='renique46']By the way its all Melos fault they're 5-0[/QUOTE]
They're 5-0 due to hot shooting by JR Smith (on fire from 3) and defensive presence from the new guards and lack of Amare (anyone filling in is a way better defensive player). Don't worry though Melo will find a way to screw this up at some point.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']The Knicks played fairly good defense last year. It was the iso heavy offense that Melo insisted that they run that killed the team.[/QUOTE]I didn't follow the Knicks all last year, but if I remember correctly, their D really improved in the second half of the season when Woodson was in as coach. Chandler won DPOY last year, so obviously there D improved.

But on to more pressing matters, my Rockets just barely eked out a win over the Hornets. Asik had a nice lil double double. They need to work on the D some more and get control of the TOs in prep for the Blazers and Lakers later this week.

Holy shit, the Rockets were crumbling at the end here and then Marcus Morris hits a 3 to tie it up with 10 seconds left.

And now it's going to OT. This is the second time this season we've gone into OT with the Blazers. Lets hope the results are different this time.

O.J. Mayo is going to get paid this offseason. He looks like an absolute stud right now. Dirk and Mayo could end up being a deadly combo if they build up some chemistry.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']O.J. Mayo is going to get paid this offseason. He looks like an absolute stud right now. Dirk and Mayo could end up being a deadly combo if they build up some chemistry.[/QUOTE]

He will get paid if he continues playing the way he is. Wouldn't be surprised if the Mavericks were the ones who locked him up at the end of the season.

[quote name='PimpLimp']Wow, Lakers got EMBARRASSED by the Kings tonight.[/QUOTE]

Hey, they played a great first, like, three minutes :lol: There was just zero energy other than from Kobe last night.

Stern is so pathetic for actually considering penalizing the Spurs just cause Pop was looking out for his players, such a fucking joke.

He would have have so much egg on his face if they won anyway, which is funny since they should have won tonight anyway. Literally getting taken to the wire by team missing 6 of its players and needing flop/ref assist to do it on top of that. Your defending NBA champions ladies and gentlemen.

[quote name='lordopus99']Between that and Rondo getting off for instigating a fight, Stern is failing.[/QUOTE]

2 games for Rondo was more than enough IMO. I like to see some more of that toughness come through. I don't want to see a return to the 80's, but I want some Heat/Knicks/Pacers type rivalries to bust out. Everyone in the league is too soft and each others friends.

The fine on the Spurs thing is something else. It is another reason why I can't wait for Stern to go. He has been out of touch since the Pistons won in 04.

[quote name='lordopus99']Between that and Rondo getting off for instigating a fight, Stern is failing.[/QUOTE]

Kevin Love purposefully stomped on Luis Scola and only got a 1 game suspension. I'm not saying Rondo didn't deserve the 2, but the league is greatly inconsistent with it's punishments. The Rondo fight (which was mostly pushing, by the way) wasn't as bad as it could have been and it'd only be a fine if it had happened at mid-court.

[quote name='advanced']Kevin Love purposefully stomped on Luis Scola's FACE and only got a 1 game suspension. I'm not saying Rondo didn't deserve the 2, but the league is greatly inconsistent with it's punishments. The Rondo fight (which was mostly pushing, by the way) wasn't as bad as it could have been and it'd only be a fine if it had happened at mid-court.[/QUOTE]Fixed that for you.

So the hornets owner wants to name the team something that represents Louisiana. Yeah thats right, he is going to change the name to New Orleans Pelicans. LOL. Thats the state bird for louisiana. Other ideas they had was New Orleans Brass, which i think sounds a lot better. Hell, it would have been better to name them New Orleans Voodoo. But i could see that as a negative name on the team for some people. Hopefully the Bobcats can then change back to Charlotte Hornets and get those classic jerseys back.

[quote name='The 7th Number']So the hornets owner wants to name the team something that represents Louisiana. Yeah thats right, he is going to change the name to New Orleans Pelicans. LOL. Thats the state bird for louisiana. Other ideas they had was New Orleans Brass, which i think sounds a lot better. Hell, it would have been better to name them New Orleans Voodoo. But i could see that as a negative name on the team for some people. Hopefully the Bobcats can then change back to Charlotte Hornets and get those classic jerseys back.[/QUOTE]

There's an Arena football team named the New Orleans Voodoo.

"New Orleans Latter Day Saints, Suck It Utah"

Honestly, whatever... the NBA has the Lakers (of Los Angeles, mind you), Celtics and Knickerbockers, which if you step back and strip away the history, would be written off as equally fucking stupid names if you attempted to introduce them today. If they can form a reasonably good team, people will get on the Pelican Hype Train or whatever they finalize.

[quote name='The 7th Number']So the hornets owner wants to name the team something that represents Louisiana. Yeah thats right, he is going to change the name to New Orleans Pelicans. LOL. Thats the state bird for louisiana. Other ideas they had was New Orleans Brass, which i think sounds a lot better. Hell, it would have been better to name them New Orleans Voodoo. But i could see that as a negative name on the team for some people. Hopefully the Bobcats can then change back to Charlotte Hornets and get those classic jerseys back.[/QUOTE]

I think New Orleans Brass just sounds the coolest.

[quote name='renique46']Houston just got hosed lmao letting blow j mayo go off[/QUOTE]They just haven't been consistent at all. They go from coming back to beat LA in the 4th to just getting smashed by Dallas. I don't think the Rockets have won a back-to-back game since the first two of the season :cry:

[quote name='soulvengeance']Boston and Dallas game is crazy.[/QUOTE]

I can't believe Dallas was in the game considering they had 28 turnovers. As up and down as this team has been they have the potential to be pretty good. Hopefully Dirk is the cure for a lot of the teams negatives.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I can't believe Dallas was in the game considering they had 28 turnovers. As up and down as this team has been they have the potential to be pretty good. Hopefully Dirk is the cure for a lot of the teams negatives.[/QUOTE]

It's the only DAL game I've watched all season, but I'm pretty sure it'd be a BOS loss if Dirk was playing, even with the 28 turnovers. Mayo and Dirk could be a pretty awesome tandem.

[quote name='advanced']It's the only DAL game I've watched all season, but I'm pretty sure it'd be a BOS loss if Dirk was playing, even with the 28 turnovers. Mayo and Dirk could be a pretty awesome tandem.[/QUOTE]

For sure. We'll see if Mayo regresses, but right now, he's looking like the steal of the year.

Kobe almost gets a triple-double and Lakers still lose. Are they calling for D'Antoni's head in LA yet?

I heard something on sports radio the other day about a reporter in LA asking D'Antoni if the team ever practiced defense before games and the sound bite just had D'Antoni going OFF lol.

[quote name='PimpLimp']Kobe almost gets a triple-double and Lakers still lose. Are they calling for D'Antoni's head in LA yet?

I heard something on sports radio the other day about a reporter in LA asking D'Antoni if the team ever practiced defense before games and the sound bite just had D'Antoni going OFF lol.[/QUOTE]

Kobe's was last great defensively at 21 and he's now 34, Artest is another year older (even if he's in better shape), LA's even worse on defense at PG and Gasol has clearly not been 100% this season (and neither is Dwight). Put those together and that's a recipe for disaster.

Nash will help them win some shootouts, but unless Gasol and Dwight get it together I don't think the Lakers will turn it completely around.

[quote name='PimpLimp']Kobe almost gets a triple-double and Lakers still lose. Are they calling for D'Antoni's head in LA yet?

I heard something on sports radio the other day about a reporter in LA asking D'Antoni if the team ever practiced defense before games and the sound bite just had D'Antoni going OFF lol.[/QUOTE]

Not that I'm aware yet.

He said they practiced defense for 30 minutes the other day and the talking heads ate it up.

[quote name='advanced']It's the only DAL game I've watched all season, but I'm pretty sure it'd be a BOS loss if Dirk was playing, even with the 28 turnovers. Mayo and Dirk could be a pretty awesome tandem.[/QUOTE]

dirk can boost their morale.... hopefully he come back as early as possible

Rockets manhandled a quality Grizzlies team tonight. First team to put up more than a 100 on the Grizzlies since the first game of the season.

You can see the chemistry on the team growing with every game. It's good to see guys like Marcus Morris and Greg Smith stepping up too.

Speaking of Greg Smith....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUKgxJQFbFk
Over Zach Randolph no less.

Nash returns tonight against the Warriors with 12 points and 9 assist in 42 mins. Hit a 10footer to put them up 3 in the final seconds of OT. Kobe need OT and 41 fga to reach 30 again for the 8 th straight game, now has 400 career 30 points. Also eighth staight game Kobe played 40+ mins. 41 Fga and no free throws attempts for Kobe besides a three secs T.

bread's done
Back