The 2012/2013 NBA Season Thread

The Rockets had a pretty dominant performance in Chi-town tonight. The former Bull himself, Omer Asik, was 2 rebounds away from a 20-20 game. But it's once again that Beard-Sanity backcourt that continues to impress.

I thought the Rockets overpaid for Asik, but he's been solid this season.

Do Chicago fans really think this team will win a title in any season even after Rose heals? He's never going to be the same player. His game relies heavily on his explosiveness. He's not a great shooter. For a point guard, his passing isn't that great. Without another big player to step up beside Rose (hint: It ain't Deng, though he's a nice piece), this team isn't even close to being a title contender.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I thought the Rockets overpaid for Asik, but he's been solid this season.

Do Chicago fans really think this team will win a title in any season even after Rose heals? He's never going to be the same player. His game relies heavily on his explosiveness. He's not a great shooter. For a point guard, his passing isn't that great. Without another big player to step up beside Rose (hint: It ain't Deng, though he's a nice piece), this team isn't even close to being a title contender.[/QUOTE]Oh I 100% agree. I believe the Rockets offered Asik the same kind of contract that they did with Lin that had a "poison pill" on the backend which discouraged the Bulls from matching the offer. Like you mentioned though, he has been very solid so far. Asik is actually averaging about the same stats as Joakim Noah while also playing less minutes.

EDIT:And now that I read the rest of your post lol.....I pretty much agree with the rest of what you said as well. To Rose credit though, his shooting was still improving until he got hurt.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't recall any player who had the same speed/explosiveness after an ACL tear. Baron Davis, Chris Webber, Tim Hardaway, Brandon Roy, Shaun Livingston, and Michael Redd all suffered ACL injuries and none were the same since. However, that doesn't mean that Rose can get back to playing at an MVP-level. He may not be as quick and explosive as before, but he should still have great speed and an improving jumpshot to help him lead the Bulls

[quote name='dustdust']I don't recall any player who had the same speed/explosiveness after an ACL tear. Baron Davis, Chris Webber, Tim Hardaway, Brandon Roy, Shaun Livingston, and Michael Redd all suffered ACL injuries and none were the same since. However, that doesn't mean that Rose can get back to playing at an MVP-level. He may not be as quick and explosive as before, but he should still have great speed and an improving jumpshot to help him lead the Bulls[/QUOTE]

Adrian Peterson.

Rose was actually slow laterally - his draft workout agility drill was actually slower than DeJuan Blair. Yes, 280 pound and no ACLs DeJuan Blair. It's why he's a matador on defense. This injury might actually improve his lateral quickness, since he'll assuredly have to work on lateral movement in his rehab, something he clearly neglected prior to the injury.

I cant stand watching the heat. If they arent getting away with calls, they are crying to the refs like babies, and im talking about their superstars.

I'm surprised that Phil Jackson has turned into Brett Favre, as far as being a "retired" coach that could return if the right opportunity comes up. Every opening we see pop up will result in some sort of comment from him or his people about whether he's interested in taking the job.

^Well, now that Avery Johnson got fired today, reports are saying the Nets are going to reach out to Phil Jackson.

Clippers are the best team in the NBA right. Perfect December 16 for 16, 17 straight wins. Still more people talking about them Lakers. Shame cuz this Clips team is really exciting.

[quote name='antlp89']Oh the wonderful joys of being a Kings fan. -_______-[/QUOTE]

At least you beat the Celtics tonight. :'(

[quote name='j.t']Clippers are the best team in the NBA right. Perfect December 16 for 16, 17 straight wins. Still more people talking about them Lakers. Shame cuz this Clips team is really exciting.[/QUOTE]

I'd love to see all the Laker fans in LA jump on the Clipper bandwagon during the playoffs. I really would.

[quote name='j.t']Still more people talking about them Lakers. Shame cuz this Clips team is really exciting.[/QUOTE]Sane reason why more people talked about the Jets instead of the Broncos. Makes better TV.

Damn Lakers lose third straight, likely to extend to 6 by the end of the week with games against the Rockets, Spurs, and Thunder. SMFH!!! Only 3 Lakers scored in the 4th quarter, Kobe had 18 and the other 2 had a total of 4 points, off free throws. fuck.

The Rockets decided to suspend Royce White.

For the longest time both he and the team were pretty vague with the issues they had with one another. I really didn't have an opinion but White came off as pretty unfavorable from what I read on his twitter.

Then I read an article on SI.com that explained the situation pretty clearly. I now agree with White's position almost wholeheartedly.

On to more happy news, Rockets pulled out another win tonight. The Bearded One aka James Harden is just a pleasure to watch. He's almost unstoppable when attacking the rim. I'm looking forward to the Lakers game on Tuesday.

And is anybody else going to the All-Star game this year? I got tickets to some events this year as a late Christmas present.

The Sixers are my team. Hopefully we can get Andrew Bynum back soon. I foresaw Jrue Holiday's stardom a couple years ago. Rather proud of that. Clips look good.

White is too mentally unstable to play in the NBA. I bet if the Rockets could just pay him for the few preseason games he played and nothing more he would have been cut by now.
-----
Tired of hearing Kobe and Dwight bitch to the media. Keep that shit in house. Crying isn't going to help them play better.

[quote name='cfootball1']I foresaw Jrue Holiday's stardom a couple years ago. Rather proud of that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, no one saw that coming. That's why he slipped all the way to the first round. Not to mention being a McDonald's All American, winning the Gatorade POTY as a HS senior, and being top 5 in his recruiting class. Are you sure you're not a pro scout?

[quote name='DT778']White is too mentally unstable to play in the NBA. I bet if the Rockets could just pay him for the few preseason games he played and nothing more he would have been cut by now.
-----
Tired of hearing Kobe and Dwight bitch to the media. Keep that shit in house. Crying isn't going to help them play better.[/QUOTE]I can't speak on White's mental stability, but I think he's a talented player with potential and I do stand with him when it comes to this matter on mental health. What player in ANY sport would want the safety of their mental health left in the hands of executives over doctors? But like the SI article mentioned, I think White could've gone about this in a better way.

Somebody not named Kobe needs to blow up.

Feel like the '03-04 Lakers superteam could take the court today and still take this iteration to the woodshed.

The Celtics/Knicks game tonight was chippy as fuck. Good 4th quarter. Celtics are starting to turn the page and I'm finally excited about basketball again.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Yeah, no one saw that coming. That's why he slipped all the way to the first round. Not to mention being a McDonald's All American, winning the Gatorade POTY as a HS senior, and being top 5 in his recruiting class. Are you sure you're not a pro scout?[/QUOTE]
Basically what I'm saying is nobody knew who he was now their all jumping on his dick.

[quote name='renique46']Rockets announce team is fucking awful[/QUOTE]Haha you serious? You must've quit watching at the half or midway through the 3rd. What's awful here is your ignorance.

[quote name='renique46']Rockets announce team is fucking awful[/QUOTE]You dare insult the great Bill Worrell and Clyde "The Glide" Drexler? Those are fighting words my friend.

Rockets got the W and Harden has now tied a franchise record with Moses Malone for most consecutive 25+ point games. If Harden and Lin can keep this kind of play up for the rest of the month, I foresee both of them snatching up All-Star spots.

Everybody hates other teams announcers when their team loses. I can't count how many people I know who hate Mike Gorman and Tommy Heinsohn, but I also live in LA.

[quote name='PimpLimp']You dare insult the great Bill Worrell and Clyde "The Glide" Drexler? Those are fighting words my friend.

Rockets got the W and Harden has now tied a franchise record with Moses Malone for most consecutive 25+ point games. If Harden and Lin can keep this kind of play up for the rest of the month, I foresee both of them snatching up All-Star spots.[/QUOTE]

Only Drexler is ok but whoever the other idiots were were just terrible. During a 3 on 1 fast break Parsons i believe traveled with no contact and was called for it, and these idiots were like "foul call.... what travel wtf!?1 they called traveling -insert superstar here- get away with it all the time" derp.

Also, shout outs to Honey Nut Cheerios being an effective way to get under Melos skin. LOL KG

Another lol

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKApL3YAnfA

Maloof superdickery time! Let's see if the Kings will become the Sonics next season. Anything that gets the Maloofs out of a position of ownership I invite at this point. Conniving fucks...

I feel bad for the fans in Sac Town. They care about their team a lot and it sucks to see it go down this way.

My girlfriend just brought me home a cool Seattle Supersonics hat from her trip up to Seattle this past Christmas. Funny how that worked out.

What a piece of shit the maloofs are. Only good thing to come out of the supposed deal is that they no longer have any business owning a team. Wish the same could happen to Sterling,Sarver, and maybe Bennet.

The Maloofs have really dicked with Sac for years now with the move teases. Sac appeased them just enough to get the Maloofs to scrap deals at the last second. Sac finally develops a plan for a downtown arena and now they decide it's time to bolt. Pisses me off that they had the chance to sell to a group committed to keeping the Kings in Sac and the Maloofs pulled out of that deal last second as well.

I cannot reiterate this enough: anything that takes the Maloofs out of power of this team will be a sweet release. They have been insufferable as owners once the team was out of playoff contention.

Some really bittersweet irony in Seattle gaining a team the same way they lost the last one: at the expense of another devoted fanbase. Apologies in advance that it's such a low-caliber team.

wtf? LOL

Qjmo6.gif

Well it would've been difficult for us to win these last 3 game at full strength. Now it like damn, playoffs are in doubt!!!
Earl Clarke impressed me this past few games, could be a good replacement for Hill who is out for the year now. Lol at Jack leaving and the staple center was damn near empty at the end of the game.

Feel bad for SacTown. The Magoofs ran the franchise into the ground and put up a poor product in order to save money.

Hopefully, they can sell to a local businessman or group and get the franchise back on track.

[quote name='dustdust']Feel bad for SacTown. The Magoofs ran the franchise into the ground and put up a poor product in order to save money.

Hopefully, they can sell to a local businessman or group and get the franchise back on track.[/QUOTE]

Apparently a holdup in the sale to Hansen's Seattle group is the Maloofs still wanting to retain an active role in the team's management. What a poison pill that is: "Yeah we'll sell you this team we've driven to the ground, but we still want to keep calling the shots."

Delonte is heading to the d league. Hopefully he catches on with someone.

Also which Laker goes? No way they pay 85 million in tax next year.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Delonte is heading to the d league. Hopefully he catches on with someone.

Also which Laker goes? No way they pay 85 million in tax next year.[/QUOTE]
As much as I hate saying this, it's going to be Gasol. D'Antoni is an absolute horrid coach. I know he helped pioneer the way the game is played today, honestly. Doesn't mean he was ever good or made smart decisions. Plus, I don't think he even knows what the word adapt means.

James Harden managed to get himself a All-Star spot even though the Rockets have fucking imploded the last 10 games. Really happy for him, he's a BEAST and has proven he's a legit starter and number one option.

And BWHAHAHAHA at the name of the new NO team. Who the fuck wants to buy merchandise that has a pelican or even the word "pelican" on it?

[quote name='PimpLimp']James Harden managed to get himself a All-Star spot even though the Rockets have fucking imploded the last 10 games. Really happy for him, he's a BEAST and has proven he's a legit starter and number one option.

And BWHAHAHAHA at the name of the new NO team. Who the fuck wants to buy merchandise that has a pelican or even the word "pelican" on it?[/QUOTE]

The Scarface tie-ins write themselves, it'll be easy as pie to sell merch.

[quote name='advanced']They haven't amnestied anyone yet, have they? Damn, that'd be a big burn on him. That's only if they can keep Howard, right?[/QUOTE]

Gasol is too valuable to amnesty. The problem is even if they trade him the teams that will want him probably dont have enough expiring contracts.

Good for Jo Noah to get his first All Star nod. Guy is all hustle and is a great facilitator. Deng deserves it too for his play and the way Thibs kills him every night.

bread's done
Back