The 2012/2013 NBA Season Thread

Now what's going to piss Kobe off more: Lakers somehow finding a way to lose the #8 spot to Utah or getting bounced in the first round without him?

If they didn't see something like this happening, they're lying. Dude's played 20 years worth of career minutes and you're going to let him play 45+ minutes a game to try and get an 8 seed? Wow. Just wow.

I don't like the Lakers at all, and I openly root for them to lose, but not like this. I hope Kobe is able to make it back, but I kind of doubt it. Even Billups has had problems with coming back and he's a smaller guy than Shaq/Chuck.

WTF is wrong with Derrick Rose? He was cleared to return a month and a half ago, he's been practicing for weeks, and yet he still refuses to play. Is he just a headcase now?

You're not ever going to get over the mental toughness unless you actually step on the floor to play. If he thinks he somehow will just get over it in a suit than he'll never return.

Over/under on Kobe most likely playing before Rose.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Wtf Westbrook why'd you have to go and give lebron another championship[/QUOTE]Lol I was just about to come post this. Russell Westbrook is out indefinitely and will undergo surgery. While I never like seeing a player get injured, this helps my Rockets tremendously :D

Jeremy Lin is questionable too, not that anybody cares. Me included. Patrick Beverly really impressed me last game so I'm more interested in seeing what he can do.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Wtf Westbrook why'd you have to go and give lebron another championship[/QUOTE]

This sucks big time. They were the one WC team San Antonio could not beat. Now I don't think there are any. Memphis would be the top of the list now. With no Mavs in the picture, my playoff team becomes anyone playing San Antonio lol gotta love rivalry.

And looks like the most disappointing team of the 1st round award will be going to the Boston Celtics...somebody get their offense on a milk carton. It's been missing for 3 games now.

Nothing was stopping Miami this year unless they allowed the WC All-Stars to give it a shot, but Westbrook's injury certainly will switch things up out West.

Miami is the first team to make it to the next round. The Spurs can do the same if they beat the Lakers tonight.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Dwight Howard is the biggest piece of shit crybaby I've ever seen.[/QUOTE]
Another team feeling this pain... at least it didn't sink the Lakers whole last season too.

[quote name='renique46']Only promising team is Houston otherwise no point in leaving. Might as well take the money[/QUOTE]Before the start of the season I'd say the Rockets would definitely be in the hunt for Howard this off-season, but now I'm not so sure. As a Rockets fan and seeing the way he handled things in his last year in Orlando and this year in LA, I don't want him. I also think that the way Omer Asik has come along this season has greatly reduced the glaring need for a quality big man.

The simple fact is that the Lakers can pay him the most. Rumors were also going around that since Kobe got hurt, Howard has been much more receptive to signing a new deal with LA knowing that the team would be essentially his at the start of next season.

[quote name='renique46']Howard > Asik and its not even close, but it would be good having both[/QUOTE]

I cant see the Rockets devoting 30 million to the center position. I cant see them trading Asik because whoever takes him on has to eat the poison pill.

[quote name='renique46']Howard > Asik and its not even close, but it would be good having both[/QUOTE]I'm not saying Howard isn't better, but it's a lot closer than you'd think. Howard no doubt has the offensive advantage, but Asik has dramatically improved this season and still has room to grow. Dwight on the other hand arguably had his worst season since his rookie year.

I just view Dwight Howard as poison at this point.

What a disappointment out in LA...that has to be the roughest season for a team, considering injury after injury to superstar after superstar. Every starter missed a good chunk of time and when they were all 5 together, they didn't have the chemistry. I don't know their record when Dwight/Gasol/MWP/Kobe/Nash started but I'm sure it was below average at best. The loss of Jerry Buss was salt on the wound. Hell of a comeback by Kobe, going 28-12 in the last 40. Kobe was simply on another level but when he went down, it was obvious these guys were doomed by Murphy's Law.

Going forward, I have no clue how they handle it and I'm glad I'm not in that front office (although the paycheck would be pretty nice) this summer. I believe Dwight can get one more year with a max deal from LA than he can with anyone else. Don't count the Mavs out though. We have cap space this summer, Mark Cuban can get a bit crazy and like Houston, it's tax free. I've also heard/read Atlanta and Brooklyn are out there as contenders for Dwight too.

Of course, we still have to finish this season off before the offseason talks begin.

Yes because everyone should instantly mesh well together during their 1st year together, never mind the fact that no one could mesh well with a dumb ass coach trying to run an offense like he has Golden States personnel with no emphasis on defense.:roll:

Very satisfied that my Rockets managed to come away with a win tonight and force game 5. I don't expect them to win the series or anything, but after a couple close games I'm glad they could finally pull ahead for once. Any experience this young team can get helps. Chandler Parsons is proving that he's a legitimate starter and deserves to get paid this off-season.

Howard with the right role players can take you to the final. You can't say that about any other center. Even with a bad season he still leads the league with rebound and is either the best or second best center (only one that came close is Marc Gasol.)

[quote name='PimpLimp']Very satisfied that my Rockets managed to come away with a win tonight and force game 5. I don't expect them to win the series or anything, but after a couple close games I'm glad they could finally pull ahead for once. Any experience this young team can get helps. Chandler Parsons is proving that he's a legitimate starter and deserves to get paid this off-season.[/QUOTE]

Be prepared for Sterns wrath, he wont be taking this lightly.

[quote name='62t']Howard with the right role players can take you to the final. You can't say that about any other center. Even with a bad season he still leads the league with rebound and is either the best or second best center (only one that came close is Marc Gasol.)[/QUOTE]

He needs a floor spacing 4 to play with. That is why he would be good in Dallas. Dirk is going to take a pay cut after next year and so would Marion if he stays around.

Howard needs to stop being a clown and work on his game. It doesn't feel like he cares enough about winning to improve himself and give it all he's got instead of just relying on his athletic ability and paying for a paycheck.

I do have to say the Bulls bench are playing pretty well and making do. I dont think the Nets have the manpower to make it that far.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']He needs a floor spacing 4 to play with. That is why he would be good in Dallas. Dirk is going to take a pay cut after next year and so would Marion if he stays around.[/QUOTE]

Love your thinking of Dwight to Big D! I believe Cuban and the organization have enough to tempt him, but I'll try not to get too into that thought...I did that with D-Will a year ago and he burned Mavs fans and chose Brooklyn over his hometown. Still hurts.

It feels like there has been a serious momentum change in the Rockets/Thunder series. The fact that they had to rely on "Hack-Asik" just to stay in the game last night really made it apparent. OKC even got as close as 6 points behind and still continued to foul Omer. The big man made them pay for it though.

I think the Rockets win game 6 at home but Durant in his own house for game 7 is no easy task.

[quote name='kube00']Even if OKC makes it all the way, the Heat will destroy them again. W/O Westbrook they just cant do it.[/QUOTE]No argument here. I'm just not looking that far ahead yet.

And did anyone else see that last night the Knicks went to the game dressed in all black like they were attending a funeral? Only seems fair that they lost.

Just when you think of how a shitty bench player who DNP has the balls to talk shit a damn d-league player has to one up him.

Holy shit, is the Celtics offense in this game ever bad. Paul Pierce is having a John Starks in Game 7 of the 1994 Finals-type of performance. 2-14 FG, 0-7 3PT.

edit - Finally he hits one. Knicks are really trying to choke this away now. This comeback is insane.

And now Melo is hurt. Hope he lets his team down again.

This is on a much larger scale, but this comeback is rivaling Reggie Miller's comeback vs the Knicks.

i lawled

bostonweak_zps53d5cfe8.png

[quote name='renique46']i lawled
bostonweak_zps53d5cfe8.png
[/QUOTE]

Clever :roll:

Nice of the Knicks fans (and players) to act like they've been here before.... oh wait it's been how many years since they won their last playoff series?

Big time wins from NY and OKC. I was impressed how convincingly they were able to win despite the fact that momentum was against them and all the pressure in their respective series' were on them.

Looking forward to MEM/OKC and NY/IND...

La Floppers going out in style LOL. Props to Memphis playing grown man bball, hopefully they put a end to the golden boys playoff run.

bread's done
Back