The 2013-14 NFL Thread

I think the overreactions are why they would trade a draft pick for one of the worst QBs in the history of the league. Any QB they draft would be an upgrade.

I think the overreactions are why they would trade a draft pick for one of the worst QBs in the history of the league. Any QB they draft would be an upgrade.
I dunno keep in mind he was showcased in the crap fest that is the Jaguars. Maybe in the 49ers better system with better coaching he could turn into a solid backup.

Except that Chad Henne vastly outplayed him using the same team.

There is a reason he is the mascot of Grantland's Bad Quarterback League.

Except that Chad Henne vastly outplayed him using the same team.

There is a reason he is the mascot of Grantland's Bad Quarterback League.
This. Chad Henne even made the Jags remotely dangerous at times. He could at least move the team downfield. For Gabbert, picking up a first down is like winning the Super Bowl, lol.

Thus far, Tampa Bay has signed:

DE Michael Johnson (from Cincinnati)

TE Brandon Myers (from NYG)

CB Alterraun Verner (from Tennessee)

QB Josh McCown (from Chicago)

DT Clinton McDonald (from Seattle)

Possibly signing WR/KR Ted Ginn and CB Charles "Peanut" Tillman as well. Wow.

Jets are the frontrunners for WR Eric Decker, and the Browns are trying to sign HB Ben Tate, which would be a HUGE hole filled for Cleveland.

Really wish they could've re-signed LB Dekoda Watson, but Jacksonville signed him, and he'll likely flourish there.

The Browns are working on a deal with WR Andrew Hawkins, though Cincy has to decide whether to match it or let him leave. Their offer was apparently about three times the tender for him, so it's likely that they'll get him. In less exciting news, they signed ST/DB Isaiah Trufant to help out with their special teams.

Both Brandon Weeden and Jason Campbell have been released, so it's nice to have some sort of confirmation that they'll draft somebody.

Donte Whitner is so happy to be with the Browns that he's trying to recruit others like Ted Ginn Jr:

https://twitter.com/KeithBritton86/statuses/443858195229179905

Jerry Jones finally looking competent too bad he works 2 years too late. Austin should have been gone 2 years ago, maybe Ware too.

Jerry Jones finally looking competent too bad he works 2 years too late. Austin should have been gone 2 years ago, maybe Ware too.
I think he just got snakebit by injury again. I don't think he thought things on defense would be even worse than 2013. He expected Ratliff, Spencer, Ware, and Hatcher to be his front 4. He basically only got anything out of Hatcher.

If those guys are healthy then the Cowboys easily win the East.

Can't defend a lot of his decisions, but I can at least understand the rationale behind trying to keep it together for another year. All those bad drafts are going to catch up at some point and he was trying to put off the pain as much as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
If he was worried so much about his defense then why get rid of Rob Ryan like a dumbass.
Because his dumb ass was running exotic schemes with backups and street free agents. Instead of dumbing it down for a personnel group that wasn't able to grasp it.

Sean Payton isn't letting him get away with that shit whereas Garrett doesn't give a fuck about the defense.

yvsepmvcbwn6pqnv1oyp.jpg

This is almost as sad as the Bring Tebow to Jacksonville rally.

It's like the Giants are purposely trying to have the worst off season of all time.
I can't say I'm surprised. The free agent market has been pretty crazy so far, there have been some massive Ks doled out. There is no way Jerry Reese (CheapAssGM) will throw around that kind of money given our cap. Let's hope the draft pans out for us. At this point I would prefer that the Giants save the money and fill the holes via the draft or post training camp cuts.

The Panthers have a terrible salary cap situation and have to pay Cam soon. Their running backs make up too much of their cap right now. 

That said, the Steve Smith decision makes no sense because his cap figure wasn't going to be all that significant if they kept him as opposed to cutting him. 

People down here are livid they got rid of Smith. 

So many overreactions to this. They have about 14 picks in this draft, it's a non issue for me. The guy is 41-14-1 since he took over as GM. What more could you want.
Have you seen Gabbert try to play? The Jags should have given the Niners a 6th for taking Gabbert. The Niners have a lot of picks but that doesn't mean they should waste one on a player that sucks and is always getting injured. And it's not like Gabbert is going to come in and be like the 4th corner back in the depth chart or a special teamer, he's going to be the backup quarterback. Kaepernick goes down and here comes Gabbert, with his eyes closed just throwing the ball wherever. I hope I'm wrong but this move reeks like Balke's 2012 draft class stink.

Have you seen Gabbert try to play? The Jags should have given the Niners a 6th for taking Gabbert. The Niners have a lot of picks but that doesn't mean they should waste one on a player that sucks and is always getting injured. And it's not like Gabbert is going to come in and be like the 4th corner back in the depth chart or a special teamer, he's going to be the backup quarterback. Kaepernick goes down and here comes Gabbert, with his eyes closed just throwing the ball wherever. I hope I'm wrong but this move reeks like Balke's 2012 draft class stink.
I'm just gonna give them the benefit of the doubt and not get crazy about it.

People in Indy are bitching that Carmel cops should be fired.....really? The people doing their jobs should be fired because some jackass owns a sports team? Get fuck ed.

All of a sudden the Giants secondary is looking much better. Still need a pass rusher though.
I just hope he doesn't have to tackle anyone. I think they are doing a better job - the defense is looking pretty good and should be able to slow the Eagles offense, which is what it looks like they are planning to do. I agree about the pass rush and I'm also a little concerned that they won't be able to score any points. Maybe if they get Mario back like I've been hearing...

I just hope he doesn't have to tackle anyone. I think they are doing a better job - the defense is looking pretty good and should be able to slow the Eagles offense, which is what it looks like they are planning to do. I agree about the pass rush and I'm also a little concerned that they won't be able to score any points. Maybe if they get Mario back like I've been hearing...
Agreed. I've been hearing/reading the same thing. Mario would be a welcomed addition but we still need help on the Oline and at TE. I think we can fill both holes through the draft. The NFC East is a total crapshoot with the Eagles looking like the early favorites. If the Giants make the playoffs this year I'll be very happy. Funny how a week completely changes your perspective. I remember us both being pretty down last week.

If someone who only counts 75K towards the cap puts the boys over the top, then its the best signing ever.

That still leaves 7 million plus for Jerry to blow on some over the hill never was.

bread's done
Back