The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
yeah, it would have been even better if people posted here when it first started, before values dropped. but i guess you get more internet cred coming in here after the fact, ragging on people that do help others and bragging about what you got.

Eh I would help more on here but when I post stuff to help, somebody ends up asking if the thing I posted is still going two posts later or literally the post after mine.

Maybe I am on a bunch of people's ignore lists or maybe nobody reads anything. Forums are dying and stuff like that is why, you are right though I could be much nicer in general on here.

On top of the site getting glown up, it'd be nice to have the forums showcase weekly deals and promos on the FAQs. C'mon Davem, make it happen!

On top of the site getting glown up, it'd be nice to have the forums showcase weekly deals and promos on the FAQs. C'mon Davem, make it happen!
He's not around anymore. He made a bundle in the stock frenzy and got his wife new boobs. Someone poor is going to have to maintain the thread and preferably start a new one if they want to take on that responsibility.

Madden 24 PS4 is $30 at BB today only. It’s a small flip, but I’m heading to BB tomorrow to pickup another game anyway. Hope the 25 base TIV holds.

I preordered a Joker amiibo back in January and ended up never picking it up. GameStop isn't super close to my house and Best Buy was able to ship it for free.

I went in yesterday to try to get my $5 deposit back and apparently they changed the system so that it's not possible for them to issue refunds for that. Don't feel like sitting on the phone for 45 minutes to bitch at customer service, but looks like I'm going to have to soon. This company is awful.

I preordered a Joker amiibo back in January and ended up never picking it up. GameStop isn't super close to my house and Best Buy was able to ship it for free.

I went in yesterday to try to get my $5 deposit back and apparently they changed the system so that it's not possible for them to issue refunds for that. Don't feel like sitting on the phone for 45 minutes to bitch at customer service, but looks like I'm going to have to soon. This company is awful.
If it's been i believe, 30 days since the item was out then you can get the refund but just as store credit.

an actual great experience in store today, finally picked up Dragon's Dogma 2 and the guy offered to use points to save me money, redeemed points for a $15, $5 and $1 certificate, plus my monthly $5 and $10 off $100 (picked up avatar as well). ended up paying roughly $70 for both games. usually just getting them to use my monthly with any cert is a pain, forget about multiple certs.

Persona 5 Royal (S) is $24.99 at Target and got me $36.80 after bonuses earlier ($23 base).

If anyone is sitting on Hello Neighbor (S) (it's been $10 at BB multiple times), it's $10 base.
Appreciate you, I bought Persona 5 Royal, price matched Madden 24 to Best Buy, and had a copy of Mario Kart I had gotten when on sale after buying a switch earlier in the month.

Appreciate you, I bought Persona 5 Royal, price matched Madden 24 to Best Buy, and had a copy of Mario Kart I had gotten when on sale after buying a switch earlier in the month.

Madden 24 has been the only game/deal from best buy this week that gives you profit; for anyone paying attention to their DOTDs.

$48 for Mk8 Deluxe aint too shabby at all!

Persona 5 Royal (S) is $24.99 at Target and got me $36.80 after bonuses earlier ($23 base).

If anyone is sitting on Hello Neighbor (S) (it's been $10 at BB multiple times), it's $10 base.

Thanks, this is an easy one (just ordered another copy from target to get shipped and traded the one I already had)

I have a Pokemon Scarlet that could theoretically get me 40 bucks, but the label is ripped almost all the way off.

Anyone think they will take it?
They need to match the numbers on the front of the cart to the numbers on the back so if they can't do that I doubt they would be able to take it

Thank you and is 50% trade in bonus still active today? Yesterday an employee told me it ended yesterday.
This I don’t know I thought it ended yesterday. I don’t see any new promotions on their website , other than the typical 20% game trade bonus, but the 50% off was not on the website either so hard to say.

Not trying to be one of those people but it'd probably kill some of the posters to ctrl f or search / read the page they are on before asking a question. And it'd take less time presumably.

bread's done
Back