The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
For anyone looking to renew their pro, the $5 off renewal coupon cannot be used with the Call of Duty offer. I was able to use my $5 monthly coupon on Call of Duty though. Total was $25 for renewal + $30 for CoD ($57 with tax), so my membership will be a net $9 after the $48 trade in of CoD.
It did stack for me today. $20 for Pro renewal, $30 for COD was $54.xx after tax. Another wave of $5 off Pro renewal coupons went out to more accounts today.

It's in your Active Offers if your account is expired or expiring in April or May. The store associate will be able to stack it onto your purchase just like a monthly coupon. I don't think it stacks online.

apparently renewing your gamestop pro doesn't work anymore, or at least the system wouldn't allow it. You can only renew if your membership is close to expiring, but since mine was started in january, the system couldn't tack on an additional year, so I wasn't able to get the COD promotion unless I start a brand new membership.

apparently renewing your gamestop pro doesn't work anymore, or at least the system wouldn't allow it. You can only renew if your membership is close to expiring, but since mine was started in january, the system couldn't tack on an additional year, so I wasn't able to get the COD promotion unless I start a brand new membership.

i suppose it only works once you go into Gamestop this season and the people remind you of your account expiring. That's when you're eligible.

Understandable, I always dump the credit immediately, super easy way to generate some money for charity organizations as well with a low investment overall by selling the new items purchased with credit. But it takes time, I dedicate some time daily to browsing eBay and Mercari. I suppose it’s a hobby that I know will eventually end when GameStop ends.
what do you mean dump immediately? You don't wait for the items to go on sale?

what do you mean dump immediately? You don't wait for the items to go on sale?
I use credit as I get it. Nintendo accessories aren’t something that get discounted around the holidays, I usually do the 15% discount on GameStop gift cards and mix that with sales at that time on PlayStation and Xbox accessories. I focus on cheap items like Dualsense edge stick modules that will always be in demand.

Tried to price match earlier today. Was told they no longer price match anything. In other news the guy working said tomorrow starts cash same as credit for consoles and tech trades.

They are liquidating the York distro center - gotta say ’oof’ on the 6 month old conveyor/pick system that they paid 12 million for.

Chalk this up to corporate greed. They had the opportunity to build the company more when all the stock stuff was going on 4 years ago. They chose to dump the stock and go into business opportunities that failed. NFT investment failed on top of other crypto ventures they tried failed. When I was working there 10 years ago they did a similar thing with trying to branch off into a cellphone company. Guess what that failed a year later and they had to shut it down. Failures on top of failures.

Cash same as credit is official on the website

Get Cash Same As Credit on on all console, smartphone, tablet, & wearable tech trades

Series S is $192.50 as of right now

Cash same as credit is official on the website

Get Cash Same As Credit on on all console, smartphone, tablet, & wearable tech trades

Series S is $192.50 as of right now
What's needed to trade in the series s? The console, a controller, and ac adapter only, correct? What if the battery cover is missing for the controller? Is that a full refurb deduction?

What's needed to trade in the series s? The console, a controller, and ac adapter only, correct? What if the battery cover is missing for the controller? Is that a full refurb deduction?
They will charge a refurb for a missing battery cover but I don't remember off hand how much. You might want to order a couple spare covers from Amazon to always have some on hand for the future. I usually get a 4 pack for $6, same day or 1 day shipping, and worth it in the long run.

Last edited:
Really bothers me they made our points expire to lock the "feature" of your rewards not expiring behind a credit card. Real scummy.
Exactly with how game devs cut content only to rebrand as dlc. Nothing new or innovative. Just rehash, lazy, and yes...extremely scummy.

Really bothers me they made our points expire to lock the "feature" of your rewards not expiring behind a credit card. Real scummy.
We’re talking about gamestop here. It’s 2024 and some of you still don’t realize how scummy GameStop is. We’re talking about the same company that literally put there competition out of business like they have any morals.

We’re talking about gamestop here. It’s 2024 and some of you still don’t realize how scummy GameStop is. We’re talking about the same company that literally put there competition out of business like they have any morals.
Not disagreeing, but faulting a big corporation for putting competition out of business and not having morals beyond the $, sorry, just had to laugh. That’s considered a capitalistic virtue nowadays and you’d be labeled deficient and backwards for arguing otherwise if it’s not just being spouted for branding purposes. Corporations that have made the most noise about morals and fairness have also proven to be some of the most ruthless against their competitors, in forming monopolies and price gouging customers. GameStop has its own unique issues, what you have described is just par for the course.

Last edited:
Was GS able to deposit straight to Venmo? My store usually has little to no cash on hand and often cites this as a reason they can't do the promo for systems
The guy wasn't sure when I asked. But he quickly figured it out and the system just asked to scan my Venmo barcode. Took maybe 20 seconds to show up in my account. Really slick process all told!

Anyone know how many things will stack? They have 10 percent off used with trade in, extra 20 towards new games, 25 off 250, pur. I want to see what I can get before I go too crazy.

What do you mean black friday? How much did you get it for?

MS BF Xbox D4 bundle $440 plus tax = $466
Paid with BF Dollar Tree Xbox GC @ 20% off = $260 cash for $325 of credit
The rest was Bing Rewards Xbox GC
I later got a $95 back through price match when the console dropped to $350 at varios retailers (unfortunately in MS credit though)

So I guess I made $70 cash and $95 Xbox credit all told.

MS BF Xbox D4 bundle $440 plus tax = $466
Paid with BF Dollar Tree Xbox GC @ 20% off = $260 cash for $325 of credit
The rest was Bing Rewards Xbox GC
I later got a $95 back through price match when the console dropped to $350 at varios retailers (unfortunately in MS credit though)

So I guess I made $70 cash and $95 Xbox credit all told.
Microsoft price matches? If so how?

Gamefly since games come straight from the factory without the plastic seal
I heard nothing but negativity towards gamestop but I was hearing nothing but good things about gamefly. Gamestop usually come with bad conditions while gamefly usually comes with good condition cases.

debating trading in either my series s or my series x.
I currently have an Xbox One X which has been collecting dust since my Game Pass expired this month two years ago. Unless you're subbed to the Microsoft streaming service, and/or unless you're the type who likes to collect physical games, I see little to no benefit in holding onto the the SS and SX (btw, why do you even have two Series...?) especially when PS5 Pro is right around the corner and MS has no plans for a true mid-gen refresh.

bread's done
Back