The 209 CAG's Thread

Redeema

CAGiversary!
Feedback
66 (100%)
Rather than create a Central Cali thread I decided to narrow it down to just those in the 209 area code because the area is so stretched out and nearly impossible to get to. With all the tiny little towns with populations 20k and under it's just easier to do it this way, so if there's anyone else representin' the 209 area code go ahead and post here where you're from.

I live in Los Banos. (translation: The Springs for all you jerks out there)

Other 209 Members:

Redeema- Los Banos
mj1108- Merced
longdillon1- Merced
ch3zyp00fs- Atwater?
MrBrando- Modesto
Cai- Stockton
retro_killa- Sacramento
JustBlaze- Lodi
vectorscalar - Delhi
gage006 - Modesto (for now)
puternerd - Pine Grove
relicbane - Turlock
Janaak - Patterson
Smeag - Tracy
youngn - Tracy
Joe Fongul - Rolling through the 209 looking for deals ;)
pooroldluser - Lodi
godzillad - Merced
catabarez - Manteca

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Redeema']Any word on PS3 and Wii launches? I was thinking of possibly going to Gilroy to hit Costco for the Wii, but I could also go to Merced since they've got the added bonus of a Circuit City.[/QUOTE]

I haven't heard anything, then again I haven't been asking as of yet. This week I'm going to start asking Target, CC, WalMart and Best Buy what the situation looks like. When I find out from each, I'll post here. I don't know about you (or anyone else here), but I'm more interested in the Wii launch at this point....will get a PS3 but not until next year (once the craziness and availability improve)

My hope is that since the WalMart here closes at midnight that they may stay open for a little bit to do a midnight launch (which would be awesome)....but I dunno

Target here has 3rd party Wii accessories. They've had them for the last 3-4 weeks already. Just controller gloves, stands and such. Meanwhile they also have a playable PS3 unit up and running that can be played. Ironic they get that, WalMart ends up with an unplayable unit with a demo reel and EB/GS have nothing.

Yeah, I'm not interested in a PS3, except for resale. Let us (me, I guess) know what the story is because I'd go to Merced if I knew they'd be organized about getting a Wii.

As far as I know I thought all Walmart's were doing midnight launches? I'll wait until the I see the ad today.

Well...I went out and about on a mission tonight to ask and this is what I found out....all places are here in Merced:

Target -- Guy didn't know, since he said "their Nintendo rep hasn't been in for 3 months". I'll try back tomorrow and ask someone else. He did say the lining up would be handled like they did the 360 -- one line, first come, first serve.

Circuit City -- The guy said they already have 2 Wii's in and I couldn't get him to sell me one..haha... He said he didn't know how many they would get total, but they get shipments all week. When I was there he had a shipping box full of Wii accessories and lo and behold they had the extra Wiimotes and Nunchucks (1ST PARTY STUFF!). I went to buy one of each but their system has it locked out preventing sale before Sunday on the accessories. He even tried to override it too...

Best Buy -- Straight from the horses mouth, they'll have 42 Wii's for Sunday with one single line. First come, first served. Ironically, as of 6pm tonight there is now 1 guy out there camping out for the PS3:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/chan925/ps3_campout_bb.jpg

I was at BB around Noon today and he wasn't there then....so he's there as of sometime today.

I went to Gamestop in the mall as well just to see what I could see. They have 3rd party titles now in and selling...Tony Hawk, Rampage, etc.... One guy over there had called up one guy at BB and found out that BB will have 20 of the 60 gig version and 6 of the 20 gig version.

Wal-Mart -- Will ask tomorrow since I used to know the Elect. Dept. Mgr there really well. Haven't talked to her in ages so I don't know if she's still there or not....but I know I can get the dirt from her on it.

Just to add real quick since I'm here at work. I went by WalMart on my lunch hour and she was in fact there (the Dept. Mgr referenced above). I asked her how many and she said "a whole bunch" (as if it was going to be A LOT). She said not many have been asking about it and thought I wouldn't have a problem getting one. They open at 6am.

Best Buy in Gilroy already has a line about 20 or so deep, so there's no point going there for a PS3. The guy I asked inside said the line began yesterday (11/14) at about 5pm. How's that for persistence?

42 Wii systems doesn't seem like that many, but it also doesn't seem like a camping out low kind of number either. I think I'll take a gamble and just stay here for both. My girl said she was willing to line up tomorrow for the PS3 after work (7pm-ish) when I get off work, I'll probably send her home and wait it out if we're close enough to the front of the line.

[quote name='Redeema']Best Buy in Gilroy already has a line about 20 or so deep, so there's no point going there for a PS3. The guy I asked inside said the line began yesterday (11/14) at about 5pm. How's that for persistence?

42 Wii systems doesn't seem like that many, but it also doesn't seem like a camping out low kind of number either. I think I'll take a gamble and just stay here for both. My girl said she was willing to line up tomorrow for the PS3 after work (7pm-ish) when I get off work, I'll probably send her home and wait it out if we're close enough to the front of the line.[/QUOTE]

Don't bother coming to Merced to lineup for the PS3.

Best Buy already has at least 20 people. WalMart has at least a half dozen, Target has around 12-15 people and Circuit City has 3-5 people. This was all as of earlier today....so god only knows what the lines look like tonight.

This is absolutely crazy, though. I don't know if these people are just bored, have no jobs or what....

What stores are doing midnight launches there? Despite the fact that the Walmart as said, "midnight launch at your local Walmart" that wasn't true, they claimed only the Super stores were doing such, so the time my girl spent in line was for nothing.

I really want a Wii and I guess I could wait until Sunday, but if I could get one 8 hours earlier I'd be happier.

[quote name='Redeema']What stores are doing midnight launches there? Despite the fact that the Walmart as said, "midnight launch at your local Walmart" that wasn't true, they claimed only the Super stores were doing such, so the time my girl spent in line was for nothing.

I really want a Wii and I guess I could wait until Sunday, but if I could get one 8 hours earlier I'd be happier.[/QUOTE]

Turlock (24h WalMart) is doing a midnight launch. I've called them 4 times in the last 2 days to confirm it and just got off the phone with them. They're selling at 12:01am tonight. Nobody in Merced is doing a midnight launch.

I'm going to get my brother in LB and we're heading to Turlock for it. If we don't end up with one, we still have BB, CC, WM, etc...when they open on Sunday morning. Trying to avoid staying up all night or having to wake up really early....

Did you get one? I hate your city now the numbers were so measly I couldn't get one. Late to Target and the Best Buy looked like they only had 30 or so.

I should've went to Turlock as one employee at Costco there (in another thread on these boards) said his Costco was getting 24, Merced Costco didn't get a single one.

[quote name='Redeema']Did you get one? I hate your city now the numbers were so measly I couldn't get one. Late to Target and the Best Buy looked like they only had 30 or so.

I should've went to Turlock as one employee at Costco there (in another thread on these boards) said his Costco was getting 24, Merced Costco didn't get a single one.[/QUOTE]

Yup, I did get one but it was an adventure.

Me and my brother went to the WalMart in Turlock around 9pm on Saturday night. Found out that they had 29, but gave vouchers out for all of them earlier that day (was told 1-2pm)...so they were all "spoken for".

So....once we left there I called the WalMart in Merced asking what their situation was like. Was told there was just "a couple of people camping" and that they would have "some". So we thought "ok, let's go". We got in line at WalMart (ended up being around 8th/9th in line). Around 10:30pm a lady tells us, that according to someone she talked to they are only having 8 units and that the Target down the street was getting 42 and there were only 2 campers there. She suggested we all go down there.

So, for our group of campers in front of WalMart, I took off to Target to see what the situation was. I talked to the 2 guys in line and they confirmed what the woman had said and that we were all welcome to come over. I went back and told them what was going on. While I was gone they were told WalMart was going to give them out until Monday (WTF?). So....we all headed over to Target and waited in line at Target. I ended up 4th in line and got mine/my brother 5th. Everyone was really cool....no scalpers it seemed like. Everyone was talking about the games (zelda especially).

Target there actually ended up with 36 and had to turn people away (not sure how many exactly they had to turn away, but they confirmed they had to do some).

We were also told that Best Buy put a note on their door that they only had 24.

Those numbers suck ass. I found out last night that I could've had one if I came back to San Jose, I know a manager at Circuit and he told me they got 35 (which in my opinion is a lot for a Circuit City) that was enough for everyone waiting in line and for anyone who happened to walk in a little later. I totally missed out on calling him because I was so depressed about not getting one.

Worst part is that I was first at Costco and my girl was first at Sears (divide and conquer) and neither place had them.

Hey everyone. Stockton CAG'er here, though I'm currently in LA for school. Finally got my Wii after a long taxi cab ride to various Targets yesterday. I'm now happily playing Zelda, but I'm hoping that when I go back to Stockton I'll be able to snag another wiimote. Anyone know if there's any in stock at the stores around the area? I remember seeing some at Target when I was there over Thanksgiving; too bad I didn't have my Wii yet. :(

Well, I don't live in that area, but my Walmart and Kmart just had them last week possibly left over from launch. I scooped them up and sold them on ebay, but there's a good chance that you'll be able to find them since there was just a restock at Target and the like.

I went to San Jose to get myself a system (actually two) it was a lot of waiting, but after spending just a few hours with Wii sports I can tell it's only going to get better over the course of the system's lifespan.

Yeah, here in SoCal I haven't had luck in finding extra remotes. Hopefully it'll get better.

I was actually on the fence about getting the Wii, but now that I have it, I can't stop playing, even though my arms are sore. I just wish I hadn't bought it so close to finals week.

WalMart here has been about the best bet when it's come to extra Wiimotes/Nunchucks. Target on the other hand has been best for the classic controller...go figure.

I have yet to see a Classic Controller in stores, but I'm not looking very hard either since I have no intentions of downloading anything from the VC for now.

add me to the OP list!! I'm 209! :)

I'm back down from college, I'm about to see if Kmart in Atwater has any clearance games. Anyone been there and knows?

As in a spare one or just have one? I've got a Wii (and a spare, for now), but no PS3, I'll wait until there's a real good reason to have one until I get one.

Nothing really new to update here in Merced....

Target here seems to have the PS3 in-stock pretty steadily over the last 2 weeks (only 60 gigs). Earlier this week I was there and they actually had 8 Wii's in-stock. Went back the next day and they were gone. Must have just gotten them in.

The Target in Turlock had quite a few games on clearance (30-50% off)...don't have a list, unfortunately. Titles were mostly originally $19.99-$29.99 titles they were trying to get rid of. No idea what's left as I was there earlier in the week.

Gunpey (DS) was probably one of those games I picked it up for $15 because you can never have enough good puzzle games.

Hey guys... real quick, you've probably seen the thread regarding the Best Buy clearance price drops. I checked the one here in Merced today: don't even bother. There's nothing. NOTHING. Nada. Zero. Zilch. You'll be wasting your time going.

Hopefully I've saved some of you a trip.

How's the Best Buy in Merced for those clearance games? I stopped in Gilroy and picked up a couple, but that's all they had, by the time I have a chance to go out there they'll probably all be gone, but is there an outside chance they'll have stuff Friday?

[quote name='Redeema']How's the Best Buy in Merced for those clearance games? I stopped in Gilroy and picked up a couple, but that's all they had, by the time I have a chance to go out there they'll probably all be gone, but is there an outside chance they'll have stuff Friday?[/QUOTE]

I know this reply is late but what the heck.... for the clearance prices at Best Buy here, they had virtually nothing when those prices hit so you didn't miss anything.

Back in town for spring break... looks like the best buy clearance here was dried out. But this week for the 24.99 ds games at Target, I was able to get FFIII and Hotel Dusk. Oh ya Redeema, you're right in the OP, I'm from Atwater.

[quote name='ch3zyp00fs']Back in town for spring break... looks like the best buy clearance here was dried out. But this week for the 24.99 ds games at Target, I was able to get FFIII and Hotel Dusk. Oh ya Redeema, you're right in the OP, I'm from Atwater.[/QUOTE]

I wanted to jump on a couple of those DS titles at Target but a lack of cash and the idea of rather putting the money towards Super Paper Mario when I get paid has made me wait a bit.

Welcome to the thread! Cool to have someone else "down the road".

add me to the sactown section ;)

[quote name='Redeema']Rather than create a Central Cali thread I decided to narrow it down to just those in the 209 area code because the area is so stretched out and nearly impossible to get to. With all the tiny little towns with populations 20k and under it's just easier to do it this way, so if there's anyone else representin' the 209 area code go ahead and post here where you're from.

I live in Los Banos. (translation: The Springs for all you jerks out there)

Other 209 Members:

Redeema- Los Banos
mj1108- Merced
longdillon1- Merced
ch3zyp00fs- Atwater?
MrBrando- Modesto
Cai- Stockton[/quote]

[quote name='Redeema']Hah! Congratulations. Enjoy life.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. People are right tho when they say that the first 6-18 months after school, whether you have a job or not... SUCK.

[quote name='Redeema']The list has been edited, so is there any place to get a cheap game right now?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately around here deals have been more/less non-existant for awhile now. :(

Yeah, it sucks now that there is no Toys R Us for you especially when they're blowing out some good games right now and there's not really anywhere else to get a great deal.

[quote name='Redeema']Yeah, it sucks now that there is no Toys R Us for you especially when they're blowing out some good games right now and there's not really anywhere else to get a great deal.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy has actually been doing some deals as of late here on the weekends. They've either had color stickers = (whatever % off) sales... i.e. pink sticker = 15% off or whatever off of select titles. A couple of weekends ago they had a 50% off table of select titles. I just haven't been on a computer long enough on the weekends to get over here to post the stuff. :( I'll do what I can to make sure I can get the deals posted here from here on out....and hopefully if anyone else here in Merced sees the deals they'll post them here as well if I can't get to it.

But other than that....it's really, really sucked. WalMart has been WalMart, Target hasn't been clearancing any titles... unsure of Gamestop in the mall or Gamestop (which used to be EB) over in the Olivewood Shopping Center. Seems like it's the same ol' crap going on in there. Best Buy seems to be the one to really watch here. I miss TRU. :(

If anyone is looking for a Wii, Target in Merced has had them in-stock on a constant basis for the last week and a half or so. Was there Tuesday evening and saw a dozen.

I live in Delhi so I stradle Merced/Turlock looking for deals. I buy most of my new stuff from BB in Merced, used from GC in Turlock (good luck with them).

Just a post to intro myself, and let y'all know that I'll post any deals I find.

/s Vector

Finally some markdowns....no matter how crappy they might be...

Target in Merced has the following on clearance:

Wii
Splinter Cell Double Agent $20.98
SSX Blur $34.98

NBA Street Homecourt $41.98
Godfather: The Game $27.98

PS2
MVP 07 $20.98
Arena Football $20.98
Tiger Woods 07 $20.98
NBA Live 07 $20.98
Burnout Dominator $27.98
American Idol $20.98

PS3
Component Cable $9.98
Tiger Woods 07 $41.98
ICON $41.98

GBA/PS2 double packs are on a temporary price cut to $19.99 (reg $24.99). Doublepacks are located at the edge of the PS2 game case near the TV's

All games except for the doublepacks are locked up in the game cases.

Just got back from Best Buy in Merced. They have a 50% off table up front. Various titles...most of the good stuff seems to be DS stuff (Sim City, Planet Puzzle League ,etc...). 50% off stickered price.

When you go back to their gaming section the titles that are 50% off aren't shown as 50% off. Have at it.... If it's like other times they've had it, it's just for the weekend.

Missed it then, I might've bit on Planet Puzzle League, ah well.

Also, added the others to the list. Oh, and Los Banos is getting a Target next year, so there will finally be some clearance stuff for me.

[quote name='Redeema']
Also, added the others to the list. Oh, and Los Banos is getting a Target next year, so there will finally be some clearance stuff for me.[/QUOTE]

I know! I'll have to check it out when I'm over there visiting family.

Atwater is also getting a Target next year....so we'll have our hands full. :)

Best Buy in Merced....the 50% off table is 75% off today only. Really picked over, though you might find something. Got PW:JFA for $5.

Titles ring up regular price...they have to manually do the 75% off. Girl who checked me out didn't seem to realize it and at first did them as 50% off until I showed her.

That's a great price on Phoenix Wright: Justice for All, I would've jumped on that in a heart beat. Too bad Best Buy is 45 minutes away in either direction and I had to work.

bread's done
Back