The 209 CAG's Thread

Redeema

CAGiversary!
Feedback
66 (100%)
Rather than create a Central Cali thread I decided to narrow it down to just those in the 209 area code because the area is so stretched out and nearly impossible to get to. With all the tiny little towns with populations 20k and under it's just easier to do it this way, so if there's anyone else representin' the 209 area code go ahead and post here where you're from.

I live in Los Banos. (translation: The Springs for all you jerks out there)

Other 209 Members:

Redeema- Los Banos
mj1108- Merced
longdillon1- Merced
ch3zyp00fs- Atwater?
MrBrando- Modesto
Cai- Stockton
retro_killa- Sacramento
JustBlaze- Lodi
vectorscalar - Delhi
gage006 - Modesto (for now)
puternerd - Pine Grove
relicbane - Turlock
Janaak - Patterson
Smeag - Tracy
youngn - Tracy
Joe Fongul - Rolling through the 209 looking for deals ;)
pooroldluser - Lodi
godzillad - Merced
catabarez - Manteca

Last edited by a moderator:
Back from Best Buy in Merced.... 50% off table is 75% off today. They added a bit more....a good number of DS titles. Got Elebits on the Wii for $10.

Damn, too bad I live so far away from that Best Buy. I got gift cards that I want to use. Ah well, Super Mario Galaxy looks like it'll be my pick.

Added you to the mix puternerd.

i am from tracy if you want to add me to the list

th target here has elite and arcade consoles, and one Halo 3 Edition console left. Wii's this sunday too

Wow, is Tracy in the 209? I'll add you guys to the list, though that's kind of far to go out to get some clearance games for some of us.

[quote name='Redeema']Wow, is Tracy in the 209? I'll add you guys to the list, though that's kind of far to go out to get some clearance games for some of us.[/quote]I think its the perfect position. San fransico is a 1 hr trek, Plesanton has a TRU, and thats a 30 minute trip, Modesto has a TRU, also 30mins away, and some local gamestores offer lower prices than retail...sometimes.

Tracy is on the outskirts of the 209 area though.

is the TRU in stockton still open?

everything is in dublin or milpitas. stoneridge and the great mall or w/e its called in milpitas

I believe the TRU in stockton is still open, and if you missed it, it has moved next to the now dead Good Guys store.

Even though I live in patterson now, I do hit up Tracy & Stockton mostly... and it is also in the 209... yet...

[quote name='Smeag']everything is in dublin or milpitas.[/quote]
None of which is in 209, I believe.

559 here (Fresno of course) but I should have honorary membership for the 209 because i'm driving up 99 & 152 so much...

I just wanted to drop the word that if you are ever in Fresno to stop by Rasputins (which replaced the old Tower Records on Blackstone). I've been finding some used game bargains there & picked up the following:

Ninja Gaiden Sigma $29.95
Flatout Ultimate Carnage (X360) $7.95

I passed on these so they are there for the picking as well:

Magna Carta (2 in stock) $17.95
Bioshock (X360) $19.95 (1)/$24.95 (3)
Skate (1 each for PS3/X360) $24.95
Fatal Frame (PS2) $19.95
Makai Kingdom (PS2) $11.95
Syphon Filter Logan's Shadow (PSP) $19.95
Romance Of The Three Kingdoms IX (PS2) $7.95

There were other rarer PS2 titles like Monster Hunter, Odin Sphere, but I didn't notice the price of these.

Be prepared for see a mass difference in prices in the racks too. The new games are mixed in with the used games. It seemed like licened crap like Harry Potter are priced higher used than these 'niche' titles. Have fun (get rid of them before I'm tempted to go buy all of them....)

Just came back from Turlock, CA Walmart (Fulkerth Rd). They had at least 10 (more like 15) copies of thd full Rock Band for the 360, about 6 when you first go in (near returns, across from McDonalds), with another simnilar size pile in electronics where they normally house clearance items (where you pass from HDTVs/SDTVs to food items).

They also had 2 copies of Command and Conquer 360 going for $19.99 in the bargain bin near the cell phone checkout and Beowulf for the same price (think it is a price drop), as well as Sonic 360, Pirates of Car., Car, All Pro 2k8, and Oblivion (non game of year).

Good luck, and happy hunting.

Great to see more 209'ers join us!

Welcome. :)

Just to add a deal or two here.... Target has a number of PS3 and 360 games (with a DS and GBA title here and there) on clearance. Don't have a full list, but saw titles like Virtua Tennis 3 (360) All Pro Football (PS3), NBA2K7 (PS3) and others... they were all jumbled up so it's really hard to tell what all is there. They're on the clearance endcap on the backside of electronics near where the Garden Center entrance used to be.

Joe: I saw Rasputin's when I was in Fresno a couple weeks ago. I was going to stop but didn't....but now I just might make the trip over there to check it out.

Also, anyone know who has GH3 for the Wii (Besides Best Buy on Sunday)???

Updated the list of members. Target is opening up a store in LB in 2008, so I'll be there often trying to take advantage of some of those clearance deals. I'll post them here whenever I get a chance.

If anyone is looking for Guitar Hero III for the 360 or Wii, I just came back from Gamestop in Atwater where both are in stock. Just FYI.... They also had Rock Band (for PS3 only, I saw).

Was at Best Buy in Merced earlier today......no GH3 for any system.... Rock Band for 360 is nowhere to be seen, while they had 6 of them for the PS3.

[quote name='Joe Fongul']559 here (Fresno of course) but I should have honorary membership for the 209 because i'm driving up 99 & 152 so much...

I just wanted to drop the word that if you are ever in Fresno to stop by Rasputins (which replaced the old Tower Records on Blackstone). I've been finding some used game bargains there & picked up the following:

Ninja Gaiden Sigma $29.95
Flatout Ultimate Carnage (X360) $7.95

I passed on these so they are there for the picking as well:

Magna Carta (2 in stock) $17.95
Bioshock (X360) $19.95 (1)/$24.95 (3)
Skate (1 each for PS3/X360) $24.95
Fatal Frame (PS2) $19.95
Makai Kingdom (PS2) $11.95
Syphon Filter Logan's Shadow (PSP) $19.95
Romance Of The Three Kingdoms IX (PS2) $7.95

There were other rarer PS2 titles like Monster Hunter, Odin Sphere, but I didn't notice the price of these.

Be prepared for see a mass difference in prices in the racks too. The new games are mixed in with the used games. It seemed like licened crap like Harry Potter are priced higher used than these 'niche' titles. Have fun (get rid of them before I'm tempted to go buy all of them....)[/quote]
I d love to get me that bioshock for 20. Rasputins sounds like a medicinal marijuana shop's name. Rasputin was an evil mo fo

The goodwill on march by delta has nothing. Well one ps1 controller.

Also they had 4-5 bag loads of old baseball cards. Well like a medium shopping bag to be exact..if any one is interested. I am going to check the goodwill in town next.

Anyone having luck with those $10 Wii points cards at Walmart? I might be willing to take a trip to Merced for some cheap Wii points & accessories. Not sure if I want to venture to another city that I'd be completely lost in.

Just like it says, there were at least 2 of each, Tabula Rasa was $35 for the Limited Edition, World in Conflict was $30. They also had regular edition Lord of the Rings for $10.00.

All were in the game clearance bin right near the electronics register.

For anyone who's looking, the TRU in Modesto has the 360 VGA cables for $20. They also have the s-video one in a clearance bin but with no price. They also have the Microsoft remote for $15.

Games I noticed: Eragon ($29.99), NHL 2k7 & 2007 ($29.99 each), 2 worlds ($49.99). All games on the table were 30% off (some had stickers, some didn't). There weren't any colors, the sign just said "This table 30% off"

I didn't bite since the games I was remotely interested in are cheaper elsewhere, but I didn't look that hard or ask about some of the other games on clear-out (I was told the letter "c" on a plastic placeholder/label thing means they aren't planning to re-order).

You might want to stop in if you're in the area.

[quote name='Redeema']Anyone having luck with those $10 Wii points cards at Walmart? I might be willing to take a trip to Merced for some cheap Wii points & accessories. Not sure if I want to venture to another city that I'd be completely lost in.[/QUOTE]

Walmart clearances are always YMMV. The one here in Merced still had them at their regular price when I was there the other day.

for those local, my family is losing our house to foreclosure, so i am going to have garage sales like every weekend if anyone is interested. we will have tools, household stuff, stuffed animals, i have those burger king 360 games for cheap, 1100 comic books, ccgs (fma and some older ones, l5r also) and more of whatever we find to sell.

PM if you want an address. :cry:

Not really a great deal but I'll post it anyway....Best buy in Merced has a table up front this weekend of closeout games with a "buy 1, get one 50% off" deal. Reason I say "not really a deal" is that most of the stuff is garbage with maybe a couple of keepers in there (Pheonix Wright, Rock Band (PS2 - game only), and maybe a couple other titles....

Is there a Hollywood video closing in stockton?

There is a post on CL that they are closing:

Not a joke, many games left, Hollywood Video on Miracle Mile, (Pacific Ave) two blocks north of Harding Ave. is closing the doors at this location for good... We are out of WII games and PS3 games, there are only a few XBOX 360 games left.. But ALL games are only $8.00 plus tax after the 60% discount... We also have a lot of DVD's left for sale, new releases after discount are only $6.00 and our older "Library" movies are only $4.00... My name is Tamara, and I am one of the Managers at this Video Store... This is not a joke, you can call the store at (209)469-9761 if you have any questions :)

Never to late to get into the game. Target in Los Banos, July 27th. Hello clearance section! I'll be there like every week.

redeema: I noticed that when I was over there on Thursday (ran to Lowe's when visiting family). VERY cool! The Super Target in Atwater is due open around that time as well (last I heard).

Only thing to really report here in Merced is Best Buy's clearance mentioned before "Buy 1, get 1 50% off" is actually ongoing. It's no longer on a table. It's actually on a rack to the right when you enter the store (near the closeout TV's). If you didn't look for it, you'd probably miss it. When I was there the other day I noticed they added some DS titles. All this "closeout" stuff is the original price, with the only discount being the 50% off the second game. Obviously stuff isn't moving off that rack. Like I mentioned in the previous post on it, you might find one or two decent titles in there....

Target here has had some 360 and PS3 titles (Orange Box, Simpsons Game, etc...) on clearance for the last couple of weeks. Everytime I've been in there I've forgotten to write prices down (doh!). Last I saw things were at 30-50% depending on the clearance title. (I'll get names next time, promise!)

Walmart had 3 left as of 30 minutes ago. Costco had maybe 30 bundles left, as follow:

1 Wii (with Wiisports remote, nunchuck, etc.)
1 copy WiiPlay (w/extra remote)
1 extra nunchuck
1 Super Mario Galaxy

for $349 (essentially getting a $20 nunchuck for free).

Hope this helps anyone still looking. To be honest I play my 360 WAY more, but I know some are still looking.

Long time no visit guys, I hope to go back home to Atwater soon, I haven't been home since Thanksgiving. MJ1108.. how's Atwater and Merced looking? Is it blowin up?

Best Buy in Merced must have realized how crappy their offer was on their "clearance" titles... so they changed it. It's now "30% off one title" and "Buy 1, get 1 50% off".

ch3zy: The deals have been few and far between for awhile, unfortunately... Atwater is getting a Super Target which should be open in the next couple months...so it'll be one more place to hit.

Anyone in Merced looking for a Wii....I just got back from Target here in Merced and they had about 15 of them on the shelf.

The Radioshack in Turlock (Fulkerth near HWY99-Walmart Parking lot) had a few games on clearance. They had CoD4 and Halo 3 for $39.99 each (not bad), PGR4 & Madden 08 for $20, and Tony Hawk Proving Ground for $15. I didn't bite, so they are probably still there. I think you can get CoD4 and Halo 3 at better prices if you look, but was surprised at the other prices. I'll have to drop by again later.

Merced here.

2m6k21g.jpg

Just got back, they're now 60% off, they have 2 carts up between the checkout registers. it is from the prices on the card, not necessarily on the box.

Between my cousin, son and I we picked up (for 360) Flatout UC, The Darkness, Stuntman Ignition for $8, Lost VD (LOL) and Dark Messiah for $12. Lost was marked 39.99 on box, 29.99 on card.

It needed a managers override and they mentioned that they have only 2 managers on shift this week (???!!), but they honored the 60% off. They had a wide variety of Wii, PC, XBox, PS2, and PS3 games. Heavy into sports games, lots of crap titles suitable for achievement wh lovers like myself. I noticed DOA Xtreme 2 for $12, Simpsons game same price, CoD3 w/Rambo for $12, and a few others I reluctantly put back. Almost bit on Eragon for $12, but decided to wait. All prices quoted are 360.

I'm probably going to head back once I figure out if I should wait for the alleged $10 RZ cert that may or may not come this week (see game deals forum).

Good luck, and happy hunting!

[quote name='vectorscalar']Just got back, they're now 60% off, they have 2 carts up between the checkout registers. it is from the prices on the card, not necessarily on the box.

Between my cousin, son and I we picked up (for 360) Flatout UC, The Darkness, Stuntman Ignition for $8, Lost VD (LOL) and Dark Messiah for $12. Lost was marked 39.99 on box, 29.99 on card.

It needed a managers override and they mentioned that they have only 2 managers on shift this week (???!!), but they honored the 60% off. They had a wide variety of Wii, PC, XBox, PS2, and PS3 games. Heavy into sports games, lots of crap titles suitable for achievement wh lovers like myself. I noticed DOA Xtreme 2 for $12, Simpsons game same price, CoD3 w/Rambo for $12, and a few others I reluctantly put back. Almost bit on Eragon for $12, but decided to wait. All prices quoted are 360.

I'm probably going to head back once I figure out if I should wait for the alleged $10 RZ cert that may or may not come this week (see game deals forum).

Good luck, and happy hunting![/QUOTE]

I know I'm insanely late to reply to this....but that sounds like the stuff that was up in the racks that they were trying to get rid of for the longest time as "buy 1, get 1 50% off" that just sat there...and sat there...and sat there. Not so much because of the titles that were in it (there was a couple good ones) but because it was a crappy "deal". Most of the sports games, if I recall correctly were old stuff....

I'm guessing by now most, if not all of it's gone as parents will pick up the cheapest crap titles for their kids just because it's "on sale".

On another note for those interested, Target in Los Banos and Super Target in Atwater are opening up the same day: July 27th.

Was at the BB in Fresno on Blackstone this afternoon (about 4:30) and one worker brought out 3 sealed cases of WiiFit. He opened up one and put them out for sale....then put the other 2 cases under the tableclothed table that the Wii's were on.

No telling if they sold them all before closing, how many are left now or what....

Just a heads up.

Still haven't seen Wii Fit in a store, but I saw some Wii's in Morgan Hill at the new Target this evening. If anyone wants to make the drive for a Wii it might be a good shot, they had about 6 from the looks of it.

[quote name='Redeema']Still haven't seen Wii Fit in a store, but I saw some Wii's in Morgan Hill at the new Target this evening. If anyone wants to make the drive for a Wii it might be a good shot, they had about 6 from the looks of it.[/QUOTE]

Seeing WiiFit in Fresno was the first time I had even seen it on the shelf anywhere for sale.

Just got back from TRU in Modesto. I stopped in to see what clearance stuff they had. Picked up Zack and Wiki for the Wii for $7.98 + tax ($8.57). They have 7 of them left. They are NOT in with the clearance stuff (they're with the regular Wii titles) and they are marked $19.99 but ring up $9.98 with an additional 20% off the clearance price which brought it to $7.98 (hence, why they're still there, obviously).

Heads up on a couple of things... not really big deals but I'm throwing these out there:

Target here in Merced has the PS2 version of Guitar Hero 3 on a temporary price cut to $69.99 through August 4th. (Reg $89.99)

Best Buy (also here in Merced) has 2 small "back to back' carts of games on clearance. All titles are 40% off (60% off if they have a black dot on the price tag). These carts are located near the video game section in between the games and cameras. As for what's on those carts: lots and lots and lots of sports titles from the last couple years that they still have. In fact, sports titles are probably 90% of the carts. There's a few PC titles in there as well... but nothing worth making the trip for.

At the rate they're going trying to get rid of those sports titles, I'm sure they'll start paying people to take them soon enough. :)

Radio Shack in the mall has only one title on clearance that I could see -- Madden 2008 for the PS2 for $4.99. No other titles were on clearance.

I also scored a Wii Fit (for my mom) this morning at Target. I thought they'd go quick. I went back to Target about noon and they still have 5 or 6 left along with at least 4 Wii's I could see. They had received about 30 of them (Wii Fit) I was told this morning.

Super Target in Atwater is now open (they had a soft opening today; grand opening on the 27th). Only one "new store special" in gaming to report on: PS2's for $116.99.

Also for anyone interested they have 3 Wii's left there as of 7pm tonight.

Los Banos also had their soft opening today...so the same deal may apply there as well.

Yeah, I was going to post about the LB Target being open now. Nothing special yet since it's so new, but I expect to be at their clearance section just as soon as it comes around. :)

Stopped in at Super Target in Atwater on my way home tonight and the clearancing has begun!

Wii:
Bully - $14.98
Hannah Montana Spotlight World Tour - $14.98
Tiger Woods 08 - $24.98
Metroid Prime: Corruption - $24.98
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles - $24.98
Boogie - $19.98
The Spiderwick Chronicles - $24.98

DS:
Ninja Gaiden - $24.48
Brain Challenge - $13.98
The Spiderwick Chronicles - $20.98
Theme Park - $13.98

All games are in the glass cases. No special spot for clearance stuff that I can find - yet.

bread's done
Back