The 209 CAG's Thread

Redeema

CAGiversary!
Feedback
66 (100%)
Rather than create a Central Cali thread I decided to narrow it down to just those in the 209 area code because the area is so stretched out and nearly impossible to get to. With all the tiny little towns with populations 20k and under it's just easier to do it this way, so if there's anyone else representin' the 209 area code go ahead and post here where you're from.

I live in Los Banos. (translation: The Springs for all you jerks out there)

Other 209 Members:

Redeema- Los Banos
mj1108- Merced
longdillon1- Merced
ch3zyp00fs- Atwater?
MrBrando- Modesto
Cai- Stockton
retro_killa- Sacramento
JustBlaze- Lodi
vectorscalar - Delhi
gage006 - Modesto (for now)
puternerd - Pine Grove
relicbane - Turlock
Janaak - Patterson
Smeag - Tracy
youngn - Tracy
Joe Fongul - Rolling through the 209 looking for deals ;)
pooroldluser - Lodi
godzillad - Merced
catabarez - Manteca

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, I wonder what my odds are for finding a copy of Umbrella Chronicles for dirt two weeks later? I'll have to drop by this week.

All for XB360. to clarify, this is the one in the Walmart parking lot.

SoulCaliber IV = $43.97, Ninja Gaiden II and Guitar Hero: Areosmith = $50.97 each. All three on clearance. Was tempted by SCIV, but can't afford it right now.

Yeah, the LB Target had Lost Odyssey about a week ago marked down to $15 so I bought one. They also had Scene It LCA for $15. I was thinking about going back for more, to trade, but didn't want to be a hoarder. Already impressed by the clearance availability at my new local store.

As you may or may not know Circuit City here in Merced is closing. They just started clearance of stuff today. Games are currently 10% off. Lots of stock. Nothing seems to be picked over.

Might be a good deal if things were tagged correctly to begin with, and/or their prices weren't already way above that of just about any seller online. I'd like to get some of their accessories when they drop. Also, what about signage and other POP? What will they do with it? I'd be very interested in getting some of their game posters and whatnot.

Quick CC update from here in Merced: Games are now 15% off; accessories are still 10%. Still lots of stock. Systems are 5% off.

Small update on CC in Merced: Games are still 15% off and accessories are still 10% off. Only change is the location of the stuff....moved up to where the cds and dvds were. Good availability of titles still there...only due to the current discount.

Yet another CC update: Games are now 20%/accessories are 15%. Looks like some games are starting to move but it's hard to tell how much is due to the 20% discount and how much is due to it being black friday.

Another CC update... games and accessories @ 40% off. The Wii games are GONE except for 7 or 8 copies of GH: Aerosmith, a copy of BWii and NCAA Football. Still a decent quantity left of PS3 and 360 titles. Only small selections of DS and PS2 games left...still might find something worth picking up.

I wish I had money to get out there and take a look for something like Lips. I'm looking for a deal on that game right now.

Bah. Went to Merced on Monday and the Circuit City was all but done. They only had fixtures for sale, no merchandise. I must've just missed the goods by a couple days. Weak sauce.

Making a run to the Turlock CC today. I'm going to pick up as many Wii & Microsoft Points cards as I can lay hands on. Wish me luck.

Looks like you might be able to get that deal on Lips you were looking for, Redeema!

Edit: Followup- Could only find 800 pts cards. They were not discounted (!!!??) and rang up at $9.99. I didn't have the heart to glitter and magazine rack the employees seeing as how they have lost their jobs in a few weeks/months.

[quote name='vectorscalar']Making a run to the Turlock CC today. I'm going to pick up as many Wii & Microsoft Points cards as I can lay hands on. Wish me luck.

Looks like you might be able to get that deal on Lips you were looking for, Redeema![/QUOTE]

I went over there today to see what I can find. Didn't see any Wii points (unless you got to them first). It's 10% off on games/30% off on accessories. It's crazy how much people jump on things when they're just 10% off.

[quote name='Redeema']Bah. Went to Merced on Monday and the Circuit City was all but done. They only had fixtures for sale, no merchandise. I must've just missed the goods by a couple days. Weak sauce.[/QUOTE]

When the games hit 40% off about 10-14 days before Christmas, that's when the games became picked over with nothing but a lot of shovelware left, if anything was left. I expect something similar with the rest of the CC closings.

I went to a CC in Modesto? and stuff was only 10% off otherwise I might have bought some points cards, but as it was only 10% I passed. They didn't have Lips there as I thought about it at a measly 10% off even though I could have gotten a potential better deal from amazon or anywhere else online. Overall disappointment as everything was marked up just to be marked down and yet they wonder why they were losing money...

Hit up some Target's looking for those gaming Ottoman's for $15 as some have been reporting, but no luck they were all tagged at full retail. Anyone see them in Merced on clearance? Target needs to beef up their clearance section again everything has been completely gone since Christmas.

Redeema: Don't buy points cards from CC. I think they took them all down, becuase there is a problem with activating them, as CC no longer has authorization. A bunch of people got caught out buying worhtless plastic. There was a thread maybe 2 days ago, and it probably is also posted in the generic CC Liquidation thread under VideoGame deals forum.

I'll keep my eye out for the ottoman if I end up going to the Target or Atwater SuperTarget. FYI- Last weekend the new Target in Riverbank had 2 Devil May Cry 360 for $14.99. Other than that I've only seen the Jericho for $40 on the clearance endcaps around here recently.

Hit up Turlock CC yesterday, the 360 section has been picked through with the 360 games section condensed to 1/3 size. No glaringly great deals, but there are a few clearance 360 games left, as well as a few old collector's editions in the display case.

Went by the Turlock CC today. Nothing good left, except they had a boatload of 360 GH: WT full sets for $113.97 after discount (only 40% on 'social gaming'). They had GH III as well for $41, but I'd already gotten mine from RS for $29.99.

If you're in the area, you might want to swoop in, but it is merely cleaning the gristle from the bones now. High-priced gristle at that (ROFL'd @ a Halo 2 game guide for 60% off of $19.99). Liquidators, LOL: better deals at the Target across the way!

Speaking of Target...I got some good deals in the LB store on SingStar and Disney Sing It! They've got a ton of other games, but nothing too desirable except maybe Soul Calibur IV (360).

Sup guys! I'm in Manteca.

Has anyone seen Fable II for a good price anywhere in the valley? The local Gamestops still have it listed for $54.99 used :( I read briefly about the LE version on the Target clearance thread but I haven't been able to find one yet.

Thanks for any info/leads!

[quote name='monstermog']Sup guys! I'm in Manteca.

Has anyone seen Fable II for a good price anywhere in the valley? The local Gamestops still have it listed for $54.99 used :( I read briefly about the LE version on the Target clearance thread but I haven't been able to find one yet.

Thanks for any info/leads![/QUOTE]

Even though it's not local, there's some alright prices here on it: http://product.half.ebay.com/Fable-II_W0QQprZ56261040QQtgZinfo

Yeah, I saw my Target with Fable II LE on clearance, but I was waiting for it to drop again and I never saw the one copy they had again. I think it was going for $45, which, I guess is decent. Was hoping for Last Remnant at a good price, but last I went into my Target they were out. Anyone have this nearby still, the Target clearance thread has people finding it for $15 now.

Checked Turlock and Merced Targets while in area and nothing on the Fable or Last Remnant. Didn't try Atwater Super Target though.

Did see NCAA March Madness 08 (6x), Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway (3x) and Bourne Supremacy (1x) all for 360 all for $14.88 clearance at the Merced Target. Almost bit at Bourne.

EDIT 3/28/09: Checked Riverbank Target and Atwater SuperTarget, Many copies of Bourne Supremacy for $14.88, nothing else 360.

The LB Target has tons of copies of Brothers in Arms on the 360 if anyone is looking. Lots of NCAA March Madness 08 as well. Beyond that not much else. I would check the Kmart in town, but they never have anything tagged and it's just nigh impossible to check anything there and I'm not going to print up UPC's just to try and get a deal on a game unless it's something I really want. Most of the stuff I buy is on a whim and because it's at a price that seems like a steal.

I ended up picking up Guiter Hero Aerosmith (360) for $10 at Target the other day as well as SingStar Abba for $20.

Question for you guys (not deal related per se, but I beg your indulgence):

I just moved from Delhi to rural Livingston. I mean waaaaayy rural Livingston, as in 'middle of an orchard past the Gallo Plant' rural. Off of Westside Blvd near Griffith if you know the area.

There is no cable internet, no DSL (although maybe in +/- 6 months) available at my new place (this despite both Charter and Frontier swearing they serviced the house prior to me moving). I live and breathe internet and XBox Live: what are my options?

I know of satellite internet, but worry about lag/ping and the high costs (especially if DSL is really coming to my location). I also investigated 3g wireless internet via my current cellular provider AT&T (they have a tower not 1 mile from the house), but am not sure I can stretch it into my WLAN (3 pcs, 2 360s and a Wii).

What are your thoughts?

Any advice or insight would be appreciated. Thank in advance,
/s Vector

Not sure, but Hughes is one of those satellite providers. Maybe they've dropped prices? How about Clearwire? Do they extend that far out there? I use Comcast and you must live waaay out in Bumfuck Livingston to not get service coverage from them. I'm not sure about any other options you might have. Maybe some other more local folks to you might have answers.

You are now on the list.

Just a note, nothing special going on at the Target clearance section this week. They did have Tiger Woods 09 for the 360 for $20, if that means anything.

Afro Samurai for the PS3 for $41.98.

There was something else of interest to me anyway, but I can't remember what it was and it wasn't cheap enough, so I passed.

Found Mirror's Edge (360) @ Atwater SUPERTarget for $19.98. they had at least 6 copies. I'm waiting for the next drop and might bite next Tuesday if it drops. Otherwise I have a friend with it and might borrow it instead.

BTW-Went with Hughesnet, and they pretty much suck. 200MB/day bandwidth cap! fucking expensive! Tried Clearwire, they didn't reach with a usable signal. Might check out WildBlue (have a few weeks left of the 30 day trial before the 2 year commitment kicks in).

Sorry man. The LB Target has Mirror's Edge for $28 I think it was, though it might have dropped. I might pick up Tiger Woods if it's $10 now. If I go this weekend I'll post my finds.

You've probably read about this in the main VG Deals forum: 100s of games are going to be marked $9.99. Anyone planning to be there? I've picked up Soul Caliber IV and Pure (both 360) for pm, and might go back tonight if I can find it in the budget to float the cash until Sunday. If not, I'll be lining up a bit before they open at the Merced BB.

If you're going to be there, let me know and I can save you a place. Alternately, if you can't make it I'd be willing to pick up a game for you at cost (you'd have to drive to Winton Parkway exit on 99 to pick it up). PM me and we can figure this out.

Edit: ended up with SCIV, Pure, IU, SH:H, RA3, TP:FoL, and ET:QW for $70 + tax.

I ended up in Merced for some other stuff and hit up the Target (nothing of note there) and went to the Best Buy (this was on Sunday) a bunch of Bolt copies and one copy of Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 for the 360 and Infinite Undiscovery. I debated on getting them both, but left with just IU in the end. I was hoping to pick up Soul Calibur IV, but no luck. Doubt they even have anything remotely worth it at this point.

Stopped at the Atwater Supertarget yesterday. They had WWE: SvR 2009 for $24.97, Afro-Samurai for $29.99, both 360, and that was about it that I noticed.

Very dead around here lately.

Last night I stopped in at the Turlock Target. They had a few 360 & PS3 games on clearance. For 360 they had:

Afro Samurai & Prince of Persia for $14.98, Left4Dead GOTY (includes survivor mode) for $34.97, and 50Cent: Blood in the Sand for (!) $41.97).

Picked up Peggle Dual Shot last weekend for the DS for $13.98, I would've waited for another drop, but they only had two copies in the glass case, so I bit.

Also noticed Afro Samurai for $14.98.

Walmart had some Wii stuff on clearance; I ended up buying a PS3 Eye for $15.00. They also had Wii remotes for $39 with a little wallet type thing and Nunchuks for $20 with a silicone skin. Not the best deals, but if you're the kind of person who buys those skins then this is as good a deal as you're going to find in a B&M store.

The Turlock Gamestop @ Geer/MonteVista (near CSUS in the Raley's parking lot) still had 3 SFIVs ungutted when I bought mine at close last night. The clerk said that no one bought from there, but the other store (MonteVista Crossing, near 99) was going to start referring people. Get 'm while they're hot!

Also-haven't found anything good at any of the three Targets (Merced/Atwater/Turlock I frequent in a few months, basically since my last post. Dead around here for deals lately.

7/30 Addition: Chronicles of Riddick Dark Athena was $29.88 @ Atwater SuperTarget, but I didn't pull the trigger. They had 1 left. Also some Wii crap shovelware and PSP and PS2 games (I honestly don't bother looking at those much).

CostCo Turlock had Wii Resort for $43.xx with Wii Motion Plus. Again, I didn't pull the trigger but was/am mighty tempted.

[quote name='vectorscalar']The Turlock Gamestop @ Geer/MonteVista (near CSUS in the Raley's parking lot) still had 3 SFIVs ungutted when I bought mine at close last night. The clerk said that no one bought from there, but the other store (MonteVista Crossing, near 99) was going to start referring people. Get 'm while they're hot!

Also-haven't found anything good at any of the three Targets (Merced/Atwater/Turlock I frequent in a few months, basically since my last post. Dead around here for deals lately.

7/30 Addition: Chronicles of Riddick Dark Athena was $29.88 @ Atwater SuperTarget, but I didn't pull the trigger. They had 1 left. Also some Wii crap shovelware and PSP and PS2 games (I honestly don't bother looking at those much).

CostCo Turlock had Wii Resort for $43.xx with Wii Motion Plus. Again, I didn't pull the trigger but was/am mighty tempted.[/QUOTE]

The deals have been dead as anything for awhile here in Merced. Granted, Target has had more than a few games on clearance, the problem is that they've been shovelware that I doubt anyone here would be interested in.

Best Buy has had their 20 (or is it 40?)% off bin for the last month or two, but the same thing there...shovelware.

Picked up Henry Hatsworth and FInal Fantasy Crystal whatever its called (both DS) for $10 at Target a week ago. They had MadWorld for $15, which I was about to grab, but decided to hold off on. There was something that I was eyeing, but I forget and I guess I'll have to go back next week to see if I get lucky after some new price drops.

Tons of NCAA Football 09 and Brothers in Arms, though.

[quote name='uhoh_evo']Born and raised Bay Area
Matured in Central Valley.
Tra-City over here! Haha. Tracy.[/QUOTE]

Welcome! The activity in this thread has died down a bit, but I've gotten some good tips on Target clearance games and BestBuy sales from here in the past (and hopefully given some as well).

i've checked out all the BB, Targets, GameStops for deals that ppl mention but they're always sold out by the time i get there. and i have friends in the manteca and Tracy BB and they said they don't penny out strategy guides and that they haven't had clearance bins in months.

i'll try and contribute as much as i can tho

I haven't checked out my local Target in a couple weeks, but I imagine they'll be blowing out a bunch of stuff soon because of the holiday season. I will update when I get a chance.

Was able to pick up Guitar Hero for like $12.xx and Up (both 360) for $9.98. Was hoping for a drop on Fable 2, but it hasn't budged. No PS3 games in sight interestingly enough.

Atwater GC closed, I did not know that! Last night I found Fable II at the Supertarget in Atwater (99/Applegate) for $14.98. They had 2x copies left. I already bought it for my son, so I didn't bite. Otherwise, the most recent Wolverine Game and Bigs 2, both 360, both $41.98.

/s Vector

Fable II was $20.98 at the LB Target about two weeks ago, if they still have copies I might be interested at $10, but otherwise I've got way too many games now.

bread's done
Back