The Al Snow Wrestling Thread

I loved that Regal-Punk match - it was a far better showcase for Punk than anything else they've done since he won the belt, although it was hurt quite a bit by the last minute or so being missed due to technical problems.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']I loved that Regal-Punk match - it was a far better showcase for Punk than anything else they've done since he won the belt, although it was hurt quite a bit by the last minute or so being missed due to technical problems.[/quote]
Regal kicked his ass that entire damned match up until the GTS. Punk barely had any offense. Hes the WHC, remember? It's getting to the point where they're burying him and the belt, since the champion isn't the focus of the shows and he keeps stealing victories and getting buried. Then he's down at the end of the segment with JBL and Kane in the ring.

Punk sucks. They should go to Phili so they can boo the hell out of this shmuck.

No joke. Punk's title run has been a series of unfortunate jobbings and overshadowed by everyone else on the show. I mean, has he even headlined RAW yet since that first match with JBL the night he won the title?

Edit: JR!!!!

jillian needs....AN ASS!

And this is just shaping up to be a reversal of announcing positions....or JR being GM.....(NAH!)

Bwahahahaha what if Coach decides to really stick with WWE and became the GM again? That would explain cole getting beat up

[quote name='mykevermin']Sounds like a messy show tonight. Turned in my cable box today, so I may d/l it later based on your recommendations.[/QUOTE]
it's a crap fest with admale, jr, and king right now

and cole had a crappy tag match with king which exposed his lack of good tailor made suits

[quote name='Brak']Oh, Jesus. The GM will probably be Freddie Prinze Jr.[/QUOTE]

You nailed it. WWE, or wrestling in general I suppose (save for the real ECW) always had a 5-10 year lull with pop culture. They'd trot out somebody who was a nobody half a decade ago and act like they were fuckin' oscar nominated.

Freddie Prinze, Jr! You might remember him from such films as...well, those teenager comedies from the late 1990's! Ha-HA! Those were great, weren't they!

Might as well hire "Ogre" from the Revenge of the Nerds series. At least that would get a bigger pop.

[quote name='Brak']Oh, Jesus. The GM will probably be Freddie Prinze Jr.[/quote]

im thinking that or cole. makes sense he takes himself out to be "injured" and they just noted that they havent heard anything about his condition yet. i unno though, just my ideas.

did Batista just do a holy dance before coming to the ring?

Very boring show tonight, but I'm looking forward to the new GM announcement, and the BIG DAVE/Cena and Jericho/HBK builds have been solid. The rest of this show has either been bad or just weird. Sign of the night has been Jelly Belly Layfield.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Demolition Man']New GM in the next 10 minutes....[/quote]

and an RNN update to shortly follow?

[quote name='mykevermin']Freddie Prinze, Jr! You might remember him from such films as...well, those teenager comedies from the late 1990's! Ha-HA! Those were great, weren't they.[/QUOTE]

You forgot Wing Commander and the two Scooby Doo movies.

Second thought..... you be right myke. As usual.

.....i like how mike was just standing in the ring all calmly and shit

and let's be real - this is shitty! the cole twist would have made more sense. i guess next week we'll find out why JR just happened to be there and why Admale hates cole

Really great show tonight... But what the fuck? MIKE ADAMLE? Dude's grown on me, but still... Maybe all this time he's just been playing dumb and now will be a serious character. Does this mean Joey Styles will be back on ECW? With our luck, it'll be fuckin' Todd Grisham.

RNN Update....

[quote name='Randy Orton']Hi. Randy Orton here. No updates on my impending lawsuit on Nintendo. Phoenix is working the books hard on how to approach this lawsuit. More details next week. However... I have recovered to 22% this week. Thanks for all your e-mails. Send them to [email protected]. And remember.... the Age Of Orton will be back....... very very... soon.[/quote]

Given that Adamle's a great face who's treated like a heel, I dig this move. However, it got no real reaction from the crowd, and actually seemed to kill it, who moments before, was hot over the idea of Cena facing Batista.

[quote name='thater'][quote name='Demolition Man']Shit... Adamle on an live mic on an live show.

Epic disaster incoming.[/QUOTE]

Could he be the new GM?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Brak']I called it. :cool:[/QUOTE]

me too

guess vince has to feel justified for paying him the $300k a year. but seriously, i wonder how many other announcers were LIVID when they heard adamle was the new gm, same note i wonder how many wrestlers thought it was a rib.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Man, I want my two hours back. All that build up for that shit.[/QUOTE]

I agree. And it was totally ruined by a clear shot of Adamle standing there at the apron as Shane walked out. Between Punk jobbing constantly and this waste of two hours I'm pretty much fed up with WWE programming again.

Hilarious. WWE had one big high-profile match left, Cena/Batista, and that's how they announce it.

That should've been a huge announcement, and yet it fell utterly flat. Way to go, WWE. Regardless of whether they suck or not, Cena/Batista was one of the big 'undone' matches left, and I'm actually amazed they didn't hold it for WM. Then again, with how they blew off HHH/Edge, I can't say it's shocking.

It's getting to the point that I'm actually wondering whether or not they're hyping these things and intentionally blowing the moment, or someone somewhere actually thinks these are all good ideas.

I was going to post about an hour before the show went off that Adamle as GM would be amazing, but I didn't. Sigh.

This is fucking awesome. I'm going to start watching regularly again, at least in the case of Raw - although if Adamle takes it all seriously, forget it. If it's not clueless-and-enthused-Michael-Scott version of Adamle, there's no point.

theres a few things to make note of about raw as a whole:

1. WWE is getting what they wished for, there have been about 2 pages of posts all about mike adamle as the new GM. and they wanted smarks and fans to talk, so mission accomplished.

2. that knee breaker katie lea did to mickie looked stiff as hell.

3. whoever said regal looked like a woman seemed right on.

4. i do believe WWE dropped the ball, bringing adamle out before and having him sit ringside just takes away from the "surprise" attitude they were going for.

5. i believe we will get some sort of "just business" explanation about cole being put in the match, just as a way to put adamle by ringside so he could watch the show.

6. jericho talking about being a grown-up with spiked frosted hair makes him impossible to take seriously.

7. 2 weeks til one of the "big four PPV's" and the "A-show" doesnt have a title match.

8. i hope adamle being the RAW gm is a way to put styles back on ECW.

sorry about the rant... especially the numbering.

[quote name='Brak']Where are you getting those updates, Demo?[/quote]

It took me an update or two to realize that Demo's just really fucking bored and makes them up.

bread's done
Back