The Aldo Montoya Wrestling Thread

[quote name='Chase']Did Jerry Lawler say what I think I heard him just say?[/QUOTE]

I missed it. What'd he say?

Also, Orton got a huge pop from the crowd. Looks like he's the face in this match.

[quote name='Chase']Honestly, I'd be thrilled if it were anyone outside of Batista, Rey Jr., Triple H, John Cena, Shawn Michaels, Randy Orton, or the Undertaker.

I don't know which of that lot is actually in the 'Rumble.

Morrison winning the 'Rumble would be very neat and deserving.[/QUOTE]

that's basically what I was thinking. Who's an actual wrestler who is a great in ring/mike talent who just needs that push to take the company to another level. I've always loved Shawn Michaels, but he shouldn't be top draw at this point. Same with the rest you've listed. Solid, but no longer there at this point. The only ones I can think of in the WWE right now that deserve top draw are Jericho, Morrison, and CM Punk (though I don't really care for his current religious schtick.)

"Although both of these men are Caucasian the one big difference between them is their skin color"- King

Michaels is certainly the safe choice. Undertaker/Michaels is the highest profile match they could possibly have with the current active roster.

[quote name='Purple Flames']I missed it. What'd he say?

Also, Orton got a huge pop from the crowd. Looks like he's the face in this match.[/QUOTE]

I've almost become a fan of Orton lately, since he's the closest thing to anything attitude era in the current shit-PG-hornswoggle era

[quote name='asgaga']"Although both of these men are Caucasian the one big difference between them is their skin color"- King[/QUOTE]

Which match was this? Must have missed it. don't really care for the announcers since they don't have Joey Stiles or JR/Lawler teamed up anymore.

[quote name='diddy310']the skin color thing?[/QUOTE]

Yep. Perhaps my surprise is due to how I don't watch frequently, but Lawler's comment seemed especially absurd.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']that's basically what I was thinking. Who's an actual wrestler who is a great in ring/mike talent who just needs that push to take the company to another level. I've always loved Shawn Michaels, but he shouldn't be top draw at this point. Same with the rest you've listed. Solid, but no longer there at this point. The only ones I can think of in the WWE right now that deserve top draw are Jericho, Morrison, and CM Punk (though I don't really care for his current religious schtick.)[/QUOTE]

I would love WWE if they gave Jericho, Punk, or Morrison the push. All three could benefit from the 'Rumble win and catapult themselves into the main event (yes, even Jericho).

I read about how WWE thinks younger stars aren't ready for such big pushes and then people like Randy Orton and Chris Jericho comment about WWE concerns that they won't have main even draws when present main event draws retire. One plus one is two. Someone alert WWE creative.

And as soon as I post the latter half of my statement, WWE seemingly gives Cody Rhodes some spotlight--if not just to job to Randy Orton in the near future. :whistle2:#

Edit: Replace 'Cody Rhodes' with 'Ted DiBiase Jr.'

Edit: And then Sheamus stifles Ted's potential overness as a face.

Have I mentioned today how much of a goober Sheamus is?

He is, without a shadow of a doubt, the worst champion in WWE history. Yes, I realize that that list includes Khali.

[quote name='lombarvm']Its about time Legacy was disbanded.[/QUOTE]

No, it's about time the fired those two and send them back to development.

Orton jumps Rhodes and steals his spot in the Rumble ala Edge/Kofi from the Elimination Chamber last year.

Of course, he could just be in it anyway since I believe there's still only 25 announced participants so far.

This Micky James/Michelle McCool storyline is almost as bad as that feud between Trish and Molly Holly when Trish used to taunt Molly for having a "fat ass".

[quote name='Psykoboy2']Hmm...no spoiler tags during ppv's?[/QUOTE]

It's live, dude, not a telecast from the future. If you ain't buyin' it live you ain't buyin' it later.

Spoil away - but be clear with what y'all say, I couldn't dissect what the hell happened in the Seamus/Orton match.

What happened? One minute Michelle is cutting a promo, and the next (after the stream died and came back), there are a bunch of "divas" in the ring and Mickie is the new champ.

[quote name='diddy310']
This one's working again, no lag so far - http://entertainmenow.net/channel1.php
[/QUOTE]

Same here. Audio is great on this one.....

[quote name='mykevermin']It's live, dude, not a telecast from the future. If you ain't buyin' it live you ain't buyin' it later.

Spoil away - but be clear with what y'all say, I couldn't dissect what the hell happened in the Seamus/Orton match.[/QUOTE]

You didn't miss anything. Sheamus retains by DQ. Orton had a great match up until that point, basically carrying Sheamus, and lost it by Cody interfering and some retarded writing. Orton going berserk against Legacy in the end was cool, though.

PWG was insane last night - easily the largest crowd they've ever had (rumored to be around 1100). Chuck Taylor's flight was cancelled from the midwest thanks to the snow, so it ended up being PWG Tag Champions The Young Bucks (who immediately denounced their name and wrestled as Generation Me) against Brian Kendrick and the surprise return of Paul London.

What was the point of having Mickie wrestle Michelle tonight?

[quote name='Chronis']Is Undertaker allowed to bleed? I alwasy thought they drained him of fluids before a match[/QUOTE]
They only drain his knees and hip.

If 'Taker keeps the World title to WrestleMania, I fear WWE will put over Shawn Michaels if he does face the Undertaker at WrestleMania. But, I doubt the Undertaker will hold the World title to WrestleMania. :whistle2:k

[quote name='Poor2More']Any links?[/QUOTE]
http://entertainmenow.net/channel1.php
Any guesses as to who the extra five entrants are?

I'm sort of hoping for Jeff Hardy.

Aww fuck!!! I can't believe I missed the Undertaker/Ray match. First my internet glitches, then my Firefox goes berserk and closes/has an error. I'll have to catch up on it tomorrow or something. I really want to see how he ended up bleeding. Anyone care to tell?

I just got the stream back up. So I guess the Rumble is on now? Evan Bourne and Shelton Benjamin are 1 and 2?

What happened? I missed it. How'd CM Punk throw them over that quick?

I don't care for the religious thing, but mic work in the Royal Rumble is cool.

bread's done
Back