The Andrew "Test" Martin Memorial Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
From TNAWrestlingNews.com:

Andres Palomeque, known to wrestling fans as Abismo Negro was found dead in a river in Mexico, he was 37. There are no other details available at this time.

Abismo Negro made a few notable appearances in the US during his career, including the 1997 WWE Royal Rumble and the 2004 TNA World X-Cup.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1asFcd1x_5A[/media]
TNA: Teddy Hart and Jack Evans vs Abismo Negro and Juventude

return of the fallen angel would be awesome and for another question since i dont watch tna that much, who is playing suicide currently since kaz is injured

[quote name='Figure 4 Online']According to a bus driver who was transporting González and other passengers to Mexico City, González became agitated, almost panicked and demanded to be let off the bus despite it being 1:30 in the morning. After leaving the bus, González found himself lost on the dark hillside, confirmed by a text message he sent to his wife. After receiving the text, his wife contacted local wrestling promoter Vicente Martinez, who organized a search party.

Yesterday morning, González was found floating face down in the river. Medical expert Jesús Enrique Castro López stated that such an anxiety attack could be steroid related, but González' alleged steroid abuse has yet to be confirmed.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this looks bad.

[quote name='JJSP']"Found dead in a river in Mexico" sounds bad.[/quote]

Hey, maybe he was just going for a stroll, had a heart attack, and fell in the river. You never know. :D

[quote name='Midnite']RoH's first show on HDNet is up on there youtube page to watch - http://www.youtube.com/ringofhonor[/quote]

Thank you x100000000 :bouncy:

Wow that was a great inaugural show. It's nice to see a wrestling company that knows how to use airtime effectively. The vignettes worked as a crash course into the history of the promotion if you're a new fan and a trip down memory lane if you're an established fan. They also had a few short clips highlighting the rivalry between the two participants in the main event in a short and effective manner, and the promos early on furthered that without being heavy-handed.

The matches themselves were a decent length, well-paced, and really helped to show how ROH wrestlers set themselves apart from other promotions.

They packed a lot of good stuff into that hour. Here's hoping hey keep putting the episodes up on youtube.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Midnite']RoH's first show on HDNet is up on there youtube page to watch - http://www.youtube.com/ringofhonor[/quote]

Thanks.

[quote name='cdubb1605']return of the fallen angel would be awesome and for another question since i dont watch tna that much, who is playing suicide currently since kaz is injured[/quote]

Daniels is playing Suicide right now, or at least he was up until Destination X.

[quote name='neocisco']Thanks.

Daniels is playing Suicide right now, or at least he was up until Destination X.[/quote]

i thank you sir, i know they had tossed around his name and paul london, but i figured i wouldve read something on LOP about london i just wasnt sure

Weird start to Raw, no intro, and Jericho showing footage of the legends on a monitor in the back rather than it being displayed on the screen makes me think there's some technical problems.

Also, we got to see that all the championships just rest on a table right near the stage :D

Holy fuck..... and I mean wow........... where does the WWE goes with this story now?

[quote name='diddy310']Weird start to Raw, no intro, and Jericho showing footage of the legends on a monitor in the back rather than it being displayed on the screen makes me think there's some technical problems.[/QUOTE]

Actually I liked how they did it. Made the start of the show feel a bit fresh and different from the usual.

I liked how they just happened to have three random copies of Smackdown vs Raw 2009 for 360 sitting on their announce table. Bit of a subtle ad for Legends of Wrestlemania tomorrow?

I really hope Santino wins this. I think he will, then get eliminated early on at Wrestlemania.

But I'd love to see where an angle as him being Miss Wrestlemania would go.

...That was probably the most painfully boring ten or fifteen minutes in WWE history. I love Orton's character, though. I've just lost interest in Orton/HHH.

[quote name='Demolition Man']He could attempt to murder Triple H with a big knife.... oh wait, wrong promotion.[/quote]

That's right, WWE uses guns.

[quote name='neocisco']That's right, WWE uses guns.[/QUOTE]

52.jpg

On that note..... you know RAW wasn't too bad tonight. Really enjoyed the ending with Psycho Orton. Next week's RAW should be interesting going into Mania.

The whole segment was great, with two exceptions.

1) We're supposed to hate Orton, but lawdy lawdy I couldn't wait for Stephanie to get DDT'd.
2) The segment was well done with the exception ot Triple H's reaction to Stephanie's DDT.

At least they recognize that Orton has to get SOMETHING over on Triple H prior to Wrestlemania. This ain't no Triple H/Booker T WM buildup.

Why was shawn burring a tombstone that said 16-1, is he trying to burry his chances at winning? The stone should have said 16-0 or 17-0. Or maybe undertaker. But 16-1 seemed like he was burring his own chances. At least HBK vs Taker is interesting. I cant stand HHH/Cena/Batista/JBL. They are all boring to me.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Why do I keep watching this ish?[/quote]

Habit. You need the wrestling equivalent of Nicorette. Trust me, once you stop watching Raw, after the first couple of weeks you won't miss it at all. Being free of Michael Cole's inane rambling is extremely liberating. I stopped watching Raw in 10/07, I think. I watched for a couple of months last summer when Punk was the non-champ but that's it. I'll watch a WM feed for 2 or 3 matches and that's it.

[quote name='mykevermin']The whole segment was great, with two exceptions.

1) We're supposed to hate Orton, but lawdy lawdy I couldn't wait for Stephanie to get DDT'd.
2) The segment was well done with the exception ot Triple H's reaction to Stephanie's DDT.

At least they recognize that Orton has to get SOMETHING over on Triple H prior to Wrestlemania. This ain't no Triple H/Booker T WM buildup.[/quote]

I'm going to argue #2... it looks like he was trying to convey a bit of helplessness and desperation, a small departure from the badass who normally destroys the whole tag division single-handedly. I shit you not, I had half expected him to "break the cuffs" and chase Orton out at some point.

So I don't like your #2, and substitute it for 2) The segment went about 3 minutes longer than it should have. I was just waiting on anything else to happen... orton pose pose pose kiss Stephanie pose glare pose hit hhh pose pose pose.

I THINK I'd heard one of Orton's minions saying "enough, that's enough", though it might have been a ref. If it were rhodes/dibiase, that just makes the segment that much more believable for me, watching the two kids have a small bit of conscience.

But who the fuck am I kidding, steph will be back Friday to kick Orton in the nads.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Why was shawn burring a tombstone that said 16-1, is he trying to burry his chances at winning? The stone should have said 16-0 or 17-0. Or maybe undertaker. But 16-1 seemed like he was burring his own chances. At least HBK vs Taker is interesting. I cant stand HHH/Cena/Batista/JBL. They are all boring to me.[/quote]
I was wondering if I was the only one who thought that.

[quote name='mykevermin']2) The segment was well done with the exception ot Triple H's reaction to Stephanie's DDT.[/QUOTE]
His reaction was SO Greek theatre.

[quote name='Iron Clad Burrito']

But who the fuck am I kidding, steph will be back Friday to kick Orton in the nads.

[/quote]

I think Steph will be off TV til WM now... my main question about all of it is why was Vickie still the interim GM when Steph was backstage during the entire show and Orton made note of it, why didn't Steph do ANYTHING to help better HHH's situation BEFORE he gothandcuffed.... sorry, asking about logic in WWE again, my bad.

[quote name='Brak']His reaction was SO Greek theatre.[/QUOTE]

HAND TO THE FACE! HAND TO THE FACE!

Shows how high up the roster Triple H is. Were he a simpleton wrestler, he would have known how to take the ring down, beginning by unscrewing the turnbuckles.

That's what I expected last night; Triple H would unscrew the turnbuckle, then kick-wham-pedigree!

Didn't Cena do that last time he was handcuffed to th' ropes?

[quote name='mykevermin']HAND TO THE FACE! HAND TO THE FACE!

Shows how high up the roster Triple H is. Were he a simpleton wrestler, he would have known how to take the ring down, beginning by unscrewing the turnbuckles.

That's what I expected last night; Triple H would unscrew the turnbuckle, then kick-wham-pedigree!

Didn't Cena do that last time he was handcuffed to th' ropes?[/quote]

yessir he did to attack none other than randy orton

ECW Diva Tiffany is reportedly dating Fresh Prince of Bel-Air star Alfonso Ribeiro. He played as Carlton Banks in the show.

I wonder if she calls him Alfie and asks him to do the Carlton dance.

This thread is moving along at the rate of an average Test match.

I got around to watching Raw last night, and good lord, Flair looked disgusting in HD. He was busted open from the first punch, and the camera shot just made things even worse - tons of blood pooling under his head as he lay in front of the announce table. Kinda crazy to see that in the first ten minutes of Raw.

Loooooooooved seeing Jubblie McMahon laid out with the DDT. I liked how Orton casually made sure the sledge wasn't going to be under her face before dropping her - very subtle. ;) Trips is hilariously bad at acting like he's vulnerable and seems wholly incapable of any emotion whatsoever - made it that much better.

[quote name='JJSP']This thread is moving along at the rate of an average Test match.[/quote]

The last one lasted about a month. Somehow I don't think we'll let this one go to 1000 like other memorial threads.

Not sure how they can have a release date for a downloadable title so far in the future, those things always get moved around. But, if it's true - is there a better way to celebrate the Dreamcast's 10th anniversary?

I'd like to be so wealthy that I ca simply make shit up and, even when called on it, continue to go with the flow. The excitement of being surrounded by people who willfully lie to my face just to kiss my ass is fucking palpable.

THR: Any concern about TNA Wrestling, which has had lower ratings on Spike but is another organization that competes for your audience?

McMahon: My concern with TNA is not in terms of competition. My concern with TNA is that they are TV-14, and we are PG. They have to change with the times. I think some of the things they do on television are reprehensible, but it is a TV-14 rating. That's the only bone I have to pick with them. Their TV ratings are a fraction of ours.

THR: But you recently had an episode of "Raw" where one of your champions, HHH, went to his WrestleMania opponent Randy Orton's house with a sledgehammer. That is OK to show?

McMahon: Right. What we try to do in situations like that is use things that you can't find around the house. You will never see us use a baseball bat. You don't find folding metal chairs around the house. We are very selective. You can go up to the line. It's storytelling; that's how our business thrives. If you have well-defined characters and put them in the right story line against other characters, people care about their welfare.

TNA sucks, we're kid friendly. Because we use sledgehammers and not baseball bats.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr..._profiles/e3i4f087b1aeac6f008ce7e043061b71c40

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back