The "Big Lazy" Kevin Nash Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what the hell to make of this part of the SD spoilers:

Ryder is now apparently known as Dwight Schrut, Assistant to the GM unless I missed something. Triple H came out, had the cameras cut off and hit Ryder with a Pedigree.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I'm not sure what the hell to make of this part of the SD spoilers:

Ryder is now apparently known as Dwight Schrut, Assistant to the GM unless I missed something. Triple H came out, had the cameras cut off and hit Ryder with a Pedigree.
[/QUOTE]

That's weird on so many levels. Okay, well two I guess. First...

Dwight Schrut? Like from The Office? Sort of a dated reference there but whatever, it's wrestling so I can deal with it.

Next, and more disturbing, Triple H pedigrees him after the cameras are off. Like, fuck you for getting over without televised backing from my dad-in-law.

Whatever, I'm not going to make some crazy statement about boycotting anything over this but for fuck's sake, how about we try not to ruin everything.

Nah, it's cool, guys. Just wait it out. Triple H wouldn't dare spend the better part of seven years putting himself over the entire roster.

No, fuck Shane McMahon for waking away from the empire and forcing Vince to pick 2nd runner up HHH to run the company.

I don't see the big deal in getting outraged over HHH doing what HHH does.

Don't watch the show, don't buy a ticket to see the show, don't buy their t-shirts, video games, dvds...

That's the quickest way we'll see change in WWE. Hit 'em where it hurts.

I've said this numerous times. Stop watching WWE. It won't happen, people will just keep watching because it's what they've always done. That's the absolute worst reason to keep ingesting the garbage they serve up weekly.

[quote name='neocisco']I've said this numerous times. Stop watching WWE. It won't happen, people will just keep watching because it's what they've always done. That's the absolute worst reason to keep ingesting the garbage they serve up weekly.[/QUOTE]

I still watch from time to time, but for the most part I'm not watching WWE with any regularity. I've taken the cash I was spending on WWE dvds and such and started buying ROH and Chikara DVDs. Its wrestling that I like and I feel like those companies give a fuck if I watch or not.

[quote name='neocisco']I've said this numerous times. Stop watching WWE. It won't happen, people will just keep watching because it's what they've always done. That's the absolute worst reason to keep ingesting the garbage they serve up weekly.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you've said it numerous times, and each time it's been even more fucking obnoxious than the last.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I pray this hasn't already been posted.

Kenny Omega's child abuse video[/QUOTE]
It was on the previous page, but I suppose it's okay since we're spreading awareness of the rampant child abuse throughout Japanese pro wrestling. Omega is a monster and must be stopped (preferably by something with tentacles since I am under the impression that such creatures are plentiful over there).

[quote name='Survivalism']Yes, you've said it numerous times, and each time it's been even more fucking obnoxious than the last.[/QUOTE]

Yet somehow more entertaining than the WWE.

[quote name='Survivalism']Yes, you've said it numerous times, and each time it's been even more fucking obnoxious than the last.[/QUOTE]

If you continue to watch trash, don't be mad at me just because I point it out. The product is consistently subpar and those still watching are part of the problem. Look inward, young grasshopper.

The only thing more annoying than WWE's ability to make good things bad is the fans who think they're doing some public service or saying something that hasn't already been said by telling people to stop watching.

Moments like a few weeks ago with Punk make the crappy periods worth sitting through, and if anyone in this thread disagrees, you're full of it. You shit your pants over that and forgot about how much you think WWE sucks or whatever just like everyone else. Things like that blow away anything you'd ever get on any other wrestling program.

It's far from perfect, but that's wrestling. For the so-called purists, just be glad the indy darling is new top name and is bringing something different to the table. Sure they've botched it a bit, but you're wrong if you think the product is worse than before the Punk thing started.

Last edited by a moderator:
See, if indy darling Punk was the top guy, I'd have less to complain about. WWE has made it clear in the past week that, no, John Cena is still #1, with HHH a close second. Punk is getting a ton of airtime, but so does everyone who faces Cena for the belt.

In fact, let's look at it this way... Punk is WWE champion at a time where there are two WWE champions, one of which is John Cena. We all know Cena's is a bullshit title, yet the FACES seem to act like it isn't. To me, that just illustrates why the product is stagnant. There's a protection bubble around people like Cena, Orton, and HHH which just doesn't go away.

Sure, it's gotten more watchable since the Punk angle, but all of the background noise points to it going back to business as usual once they shove Cena off on someone else. They painted the house, but they didn't take care of the mold problem, if you will.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Moments like a few weeks ago with Punk make the crappy periods worth sitting through, and if anyone in this thread disagrees, you're full of it.[/quote]

Let's not get ridiculous. It was excellent for a few weeks. The context of MITB, and the atmosphere, will make that match worth watching for years to come - as long as I willfully put the product 8 days later out of my head.

It doesn't make everything worth watching; that's preposterous. I've missed a lot of bullshit by watching Raw every 3 weeks, give or take. I've missed a lot of good wrestling by not watching Smackdown in...well, years, frankly. But I've also spent good time with my good friends, I read some great books (and some not so great ones), played some awesome video games, etc.

I recognize that context matters for Punk's promo. Compare his big "shoot" the other month with Jericho's WWF debut promo. A lot of similar themes and ideas there in terms of criticisms of the product. Jericho saying the same thing as Punk positioned him as a heel because it was so ironic, given that he left WCW and is now with WWF. Context.

Punk was positioned as a babyface because he was right in many of his critiques - again, context. The show *had* to be awful, the company *had* to make blunder-headed decisions, or else what he says would have fallen flat.

But to say that made it all worth it? Not at all. This is another squandered opportunity. I could still be marking out like a motherfucker, enjoying the show, the danger of Punk, the acknowledgement of indy feds, a growing respect for wrestling. Instead, now, Triple H is doing what Triple H does (burying the fuck out of people) while having the ultimate television-based position of power. It's not pro wrestling, it's the Gong Show. Your segment doesn't make the host happy, you get pedigreed.

Sure they've botched it a bit

"a bit"? Is that, seriously, all you think they've done to it?

but you're wrong if you think the product is worse than before the Punk thing started.

I don't think anyone is saying it's worse, but we are disappointed that they snapped back into their comfort spot so quickly. Disappointed that the plot holes of a paid, professional writing staff are so embarrassingly large. Disappointed that the WWE is returning to its "protected class" so soon. disappointed that Cena and Orton will undoubtedly walk out of SS the champ. Disappointed that titles are held by jobbers (every title below the world whatever titles). Nobody is saying it's "worse."

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times, I'm a member of the WWE Universe™.

The thing I don't understand is why Orton is in the protected bubble. He's a decent wrestler with adequate mic skills, and he's certainly got the frame and presence - but he's boring as shit to watch. Christian is the type of guy who isn't nearly as fun to listen to as he is to watch perform, and in the ring, he's one of the best (if not the best) they've got currently active on the roster. Punk is both great in the ring, and on the mic, so why would they not want to keep him as a top billed talent?

Sure, John Cena puts asses in seats, but so would Christian or Punk if given as much emphasis on their importance. Christian put asses in seats in TNA (though TNA usually caused those asses to get up and walk out during the show.) Orton I'm pretty sure has never sold a ticket in his life, despite being pushed to the moon. I'd bet 100:1 odds that Rey Mysterio (a guy who's been buried the majority of his WWE career) puts more asses in seats than anyone else on the roster save maybe Triple H.

Orton has sold tickets, let's not be silly.

I agree with you though - if asked to name a classic Orton match I could watch time and time again, I couldn't think of any. Same with Cena. So as much as I despise Triple H, he still had classic matches (though I think whoever said - JJSP? - his WM match track record is horrendous was spot on).

Is it those two, or is it "WWE style" that the guys learn?

Credit LordsOfPain

- It's said that while WWE fully recognizes how hot CM Punk is right now and realizes his long-term potential, the real focus for the payoff of RAW's top storyline will be putting Triple H over.

If we didn't all know that already. In what realm does Triple H need to get over though? I would LOVE to see how that conversation went....

"Well guys I have only been one of the top guys for over a decade, I'm running the company on screen, and my wife and father in law are still doing it all backstage. How can we get me over with the fans?"

I think its funny that Vince referred to Cena as Hogan a few weeks ago when the real second coming of that waste of space is literally a member of his family.

In an unrelated note after reading the SD spoilers it looks like the only thing I missed last night by not going was the Colt dark match.

[quote name='mykevermin']Orton has sold tickets, let's not be silly.

I agree with you though - if asked to name a classic Orton match I could watch time and time again, I couldn't think of any. Same with Cena. So as much as I despise Triple H, he still had classic matches (though I think whoever said - JJSP? - his WM match track record is horrendous was spot on).

Is it those two, or is it "WWE style" that the guys learn?[/QUOTE]

I'd say it's both, I'm not smart enough to tell where one begins and the other ends.

Cena had better matches when he wasn't the Hogan-esque face. His early stuff against UT was good and he had an "I Quit" match against JBL that really impressed me.

Orton was a participant in what I still consider one of the ten best matches I've ever seen in his IC Title match against Foley in 2004.

The one factor in all those matches, there's a veteran involved who did not come up exclusively within the WWE and its farm system. At the same time, if I've ever seen an Orton/Cena match, I couldn't tell you how it went.

[quote name='Halo05']The one factor in all those matches, there's a veteran involved who did not come up exclusively within the WWE and its farm system.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I was going to mention the Cena/HBK match on Raw a few years back that was fantastic to go along side that Orton/Foley match.

[quote name='Halo05']
At the same time, if I've ever seen an Orton/Cena match, I couldn't tell you how it went.[/QUOTE]

Headlock (x12), Rope DDT, Psycho face (x3), Fist pound (x3), RKO, Running Shoulder Block (x2), Missed Punch, Backdrop, Five Knuckle Shuffle, You Can't See Me, Attitude Adjustment, STF.

There. Put those in any order you want, and I'd say you're pretty close.

[quote name='007']Headlock (x12), Rope DDT, Psycho face (x3), Fist pound (x3), RKO, Running Shoulder Block (x2), Missed Punch, Backdrop, Five Knuckle Shuffle, You Can't See Me, Attitude Adjustment, STF.

There. Put those in any order you want, and I'd say you're pretty close.[/QUOTE]

The sad thing is this looks like a deck list for some kind of WWE card game.

[quote name='xilly']Isn't this the same fuckin cat who was crying on Daisy of Love?

Yeah, he's a SUPER bad-ass. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Daisy of Love? Daisy of Love!? What was that?

I think he was entertainmenting.

Nice find. :lol:

Hey, I'm with you.

Sucks that ROH doesn't have a better TV deal. Vegas is the only market west of San Antonio that Sinclair's got anything in.

I know a couple of you CAG-type fans are in/near LA. Anything besides CMLL easily available on TV?

NWA Pro Wrestling Showcase (Cabana, Adam Pearce, Joey Ryan, RockNES Monsters, Castagnoli, and more) is on I believe KDOC (showtimes vary). They run their tapings in Santa Ana, I think.

Check out socaluncensored.com for all of the SoCal federations currently active.

http://nwahollywood.com/main/

NWA Championship Wrestling from Hollywood is what JJSP is talking about. Every episode they've shown on KDOC is archived on their site under the Television link. Alternatively, if you want to catch the broadcast, KDOC's site states that their next showing is this Saturday at 11pm.

[quote name='neocisco']If you continue to watch trash, don't be mad at me just because I point it out. The product is consistently subpar and those still watching are part of the problem. Look inward, young grasshopper.[/QUOTE]

Shockingly, you don't get it. I'm not mad that I "watch trash." I'm mad that you do nothing but come in here and shit all over me and anyone who has the audacity to watch a TV show you don't like. Are you six years old? I don't watch it just to piss you off, I watch it because I enjoy it. I watch it because it means something to me. I don't need you talking down to me just because I'm not like you and hate everything because I can't find enjoyment in it. And contrary to what you so clearly believe, that's not because I'm too stupid to figure out how to change the channel. What's stupid is the notion that WWE would just magically get better if you got eight people on CAG to stop watching it.

- There have been talks within the WWE office about possibly bringing Mick Foley back for a major match at WrestleMania 28 next year. When Foley was granted his release from TNA, part of the agreement was that he could not appear on WWE TV until his contract would have expired, which is in September. - Lords Of Pain

Let the Foley/Taker rumors grow.

When was he released? I must have missed it. The last thing I remember hearing about him and TNA was when he wanted to show up for Rock's birthday on Raw.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']When was he released? I must have missed it. The last thing I remember hearing about him and TNA was when he wanted to show up for Rock's birthday on Raw.[/QUOTE]

Around early June IIRC. He's still under some sort of contract but not getting paid. According to his personal blog, he's taking up bookings and is scheduled for stuff until around mid October.

[quote name='Survivalism']Shockingly, you don't get it. I'm not mad that I "watch trash." I'm mad that you do nothing but come in here and shit all over me and anyone who has the audacity to watch a TV show you don't like. Are you six years old? I don't watch it just to piss you off, I watch it because I enjoy it. I watch it because it means something to me. I don't need you talking down to me just because I'm not like you and hate everything because I can't find enjoyment in it. And contrary to what you so clearly believe, that's not because I'm too stupid to figure out how to change the channel.[/QUOTE]

If you're watching and not complaining (which beggars description) then keep at it...I guess. If you're actually able to get enjoyment from the current WWE product I don't hate you for it. I guess I just pity you.

So I "hate everything" I don't enjoy? I'll taking sweeping, uninformed generalizations for $800, Alex.

What's stupid is the notion that WWE would just magically get better if you got eight people on CAG to stop watching it.
Of course that's stupid which is I why I'm glad I don't think that. What would cause them to improve the quality of their product is for people to stop watching and buying their short-sighted, weekly scramble of a mess. Everything they do is to get that dollar so if enough people withhold their money and stop tuning in, that is how the show will eventually change for the better. However, when people keep watching week after week after week ad nauseam, holding on to a shred of hope that things might get just a little bit better then they're essentially enablers.

The WWE argument reminds me of the Walmart argument.

You ain't changing shit by boycotting it. Too many others who aren't.

Might as well get some use out of it.

I think it's funny how everybody gets upset when people shit on WWE product here, but it's ok to do the same thing to TNA.

[quote name='pimpster4183']I think it's funny how everybody gets upset when people shit on WWE product here, but it's ok to do the same thing to TNA.[/QUOTE]

Well, there's really no doubt that TNA is putting out shit product. Like, ever.

Does anyone know why there have been n spoilers for Impact, at least not any on PWInsider? Usually they have them the night of the taping or next morning at the latest, and then run them again the day of the airing. So far, there has been nothing about the last 3 tapings. Did TNA actually hit them with an injunction or something?

[quote name='mykevermin']But but but...THE NETWORK.[/QUOTE]

100x better than the anonymous GM. Pretty convenient how the GM has mysteriously disappeared over the past few weeks, too.

the anonymous GM is the world's worst deus ex machina. It does suck, but it's background noise at best.

THE NETWORK is the primary story arc in TNA.

It sucks now, and it sucked 12 years ago when ECW did it with Cyrus the Virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back