The big TRU B2G1 Free Sale - Oct 23-29! XB, PS2 and GC only. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Ninja Gaiden: Black have anything new in it, other than costumes and an 'easy' mode? I heard it came with weapons and some other stuff, but that was all in the two Hurricane Packs..

Damn for the first time I may have to skip the sale this year. Between all the games I picked up at the Best Buy Clearance, Green Tag, and GR Preorders I really don't need much right now...

Unless they decide to honor the deal with PSP Titles that is...

[quote name='kjauburn']Damn for the first time I may have to skip the sale this year. Between all the games I picked up at the Best Buy Clearance, Green Tag, and GR Preorders I really don't need much right now...
[/QUOTE]

I'm starting to feel this same way... I didn't realize so many A+++ titles were hitting PC the week before the sale, and the week after. Hey, I'll be playing Quake 4 and Call of Duty 2 a month before the 360 hits, how awesome is that :D

I guess I'd rather spend my cash on some games I really want to play and I've been anticipating for a long time, then blowing it on games I'll only marginally play through and just buy because they are on sale.

[quote name='aoLat'] I'm going to preorder BF2: MC for PS2 at GR, I've got FE: PoR and RE4 (PS2) coming my way too, also on preorder at GR. I just recently picked up PoP: WW (GC), and Persona 2: EP (PS1) too, I'll just wait for a price drop on Castlevania: DoS, because I need a DS RPG [/QUOTE]

LOL =)

Lots of abbreviations

here's what i am planning to get
Atelier Iris
Digital Devil Saga 2
Fire Emble (later exchange for Mario Party 7)

Too bad DS game isnt going to be in the deal or else i am getting Castlevania and Phoneix Wright.

Dam, this sale would have been a lot better for me if psp games were included, hopefully they will be, but I am not counting on it.

[quote name='andrew333']kind of a bummer that this sale isn't post x360 launch[/QUOTE]

Just buy 2 games, get 1 free. Then, after the launch, you can exchange the titles for 360 games!

360 launch or no holy shit are there a lot of games coming out on all systems that will make this deal ( if it happens again) awesome!

Since Ill go the first day Ill nab Psychonauts, Zatch bell and WWE: DOR2. If the first day and I go later on then maybe Ill nab soul caliber 3 since it comes out around the 25th.

My wishlist:

Far Cry: Instincts
X-Men Legends 2
Darkwatch
Timesplitters: Future Perfect
Sniper Elite
Serious Sam 2
Ultimate Spider-man
Half-Life 2

Good gravy, my mind is reeling!

[quote name='shieryda']My wishlist:

Far Cry: Instincts
X-Men Legends 2
Darkwatch
Timesplitters: Future Perfect
Sniper Elite
Serious Sam 2
Ultimate Spider-man
Half-Life 2

Good gravy, my mind is reeling![/QUOTE]

Decent list if you lose Darkwatch ;) Seriously, it should be really cheap on its own soon enough.

Damn, we're missing Battlefront 2 and From Russia With Love by a couple days. I'll probably get X-Men Legends 2, Soul Calibur 3, and Tony Hawk's American Wasteland. I just have to make sure I have money for this!

[quote name='mbstuff']I remember TRU used to do this sale twice a year. How long has it been since they only did this once a year?[/QUOTE]

Probably since they got greedy?

Here's to hopin' they include DS games. I've been waitin' for this sale for these games. Is the sale goin' to have restrictions like it only applies to 3 games for the same system?

I remember last year they had some kind of deal with the GBA games...

Mmmm Soul Calibur, and SSX!

[quote name='pthagonal']Probably since they got greedy?[/QUOTE]

:D I don't know, I always thought TRU was throwing money away at these B2G1 videogame sales. They must lose a TON of money during these.

I just got my DS like 5 days ago (pure white!), and I was hopin to really start my collection with this sale... please let it come through

Advance Wars
Trace Memory
and Phoenix Wright, Trauma Center, or Castlevania

But regardless if that happens or not

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Battalion Wars
and Ultimate Spider-Man, DDR: Mario Mix, or SSX: On Tour... decisions, decisions

[quote name='viewtiful7']I just got my DS a like 5 days ago (pure white!), and I was hopin to really start my collection with this sale... please let it come through[/QUOTE]

Prepare to be disappointed. As stated earlier, this is a console-only sale. No handhelds. It may be incorrect, but it most likely will not include them.

I confirmed this sale for OCt 23rd already but was NOT TRUSTED SOURCE by SHrike(a mod here) even though I help alot with the last green tagged sale cause I work their also, but nope no one believed me

Do these games include packaged things like if i buy Donkey Konga with bongos, jungle beat with bongos, and DMC3, DMC3 will be free?

if not then its

Nightmare before christmas on ps2
Burnout Revenge Xbox
Soul Calibur 3 for me

So is this sale definitely happening this year? I heard that because of TRU's new management that the sale might not have happened this year.

Great news if it does though and I would plan on getting Shadow of the Colossus, Socom 3, and a random $50 game to trade in later for either Dragon Quest VIII or GTA:LCS.

Should anyone care, we get the ads for sales around 2 weeks early lately, so hopefully by mid to end of next week, you'll have definitive confirmation of what is and isn't in the sale. As I said before, however, everything i've seen in our system pretty much indicates no handhelds.

Why? It pretty much boils down to the amount of profit they're willing to lose. Console games have large margins of profit, sometimes up to $20 (usually $15). DS and GBA are usually only $5-10. I don't know about PSP, but i'm guessing it's near the same thing because all that stuff they use in handhelds is expensive to make proprietary crap, despite the games generally greater price.

So, I guess i'm saying they're willing to lose a little bit of money on the console games they may, but pretty much lose too much on handheld stuff to make a profit to consider it. That's what i've heard as to why they've never done this stuff on handhelds in years part, and I expect it to be no less true this year.

[quote name='ShinAkuma']Should anyone care, we get the ads for sales around 2 weeks early lately, so hopefully by mid to end of next week, you'll have definitive confirmation of what is and isn't in the sale. As I said before, however, everything i've seen in our system pretty much indicates no handhelds.

Why? It pretty much boils down to the amount of profit they're willing to lose. Console games have large margins of profit, sometimes up to $20 (usually $15). DS and GBA are usually only $5-10. I don't know about PSP, but i'm guessing it's near the same thing because all that stuff they use in handhelds is expensive to make proprietary crap, despite the games generally greater price.

So, I guess i'm saying they're willing to lose a little bit of money on the console games they may, but pretty much lose too much on handheld stuff to make a profit to consider it. That's what i've heard as to why they've never done this stuff on handhelds in years part, and I expect it to be no less true this year.[/QUOTE]

15 dollars profit? woah there, are you sure? ive never seen a whole sale game under 41 dollars that sells for 50....

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']15 dollars profit? woah there, are you sure? ive never seen a whole sale game under 41 dollars that sells for 50....[/QUOTE]MVP baseball 2005(the one with manny on the front) only cost toys r us $26, but sold for 40 or 50 cant remmeber (when we do weekly counts, the cost of item and MSRP are listed

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']15 dollars profit? woah there, are you sure? ive never seen a whole sale game under 41 dollars that sells for 50....[/QUOTE]
check the fry's topic. The often sell new $50 games for $34.99. $38.99, and $39.99

HELL YEAH! Hmm... I wonder what games I'll pick up. I actually need more PS2 games since I don't have many. Oh well. I'll just pick up any new $50 XBox/Cube/PS2 games and then trade them to a friend or something. I mean, I have to get ready for the next-gen.

[quote name='DealsRus']MVP baseball 2005(the one with manny on the front) only cost toys r us $26, but sold for 40 or 50 cant remmeber (when we do weekly counts, the cost of item and MSRP are listed[/QUOTE]

Are you sure? MVP baseball 2005 had a MSRP of 29.99 to compete with baseball 2k5, which released at 19.99. I don't remember ever seeing MVP 2005 priced higher than 29.99. I've also heard for a long time that the margins on video games simply aren't that high, but I've mostly heard this from independents. I imagine toysrus (or BB, wal-mart, etc.) gets much better deals on wholesale prices than independent mom & pops. I really would like to know the profit margin on video games at large national chains.

[quote name='mbstuff']Are you sure? MVP baseball 2005 had a MSRP of 29.99 to compete with baseball 2k5, which released at 19.99. I don't remember ever seeing MVP 2005 priced higher than 29.99. I've also heard for a long time that the margins on video games simply aren't that high, but I've mostly heard this from independents. I imagine toysrus (or BB, wal-mart, etc.) gets much better deals on wholesale prices than independent mom & pops. I really would like to know the profit margin on video games at large national chains.[/QUOTE]

opps i meant MVP 2005 on PSP, only paid 26 for it and retailed for 50, sorry :)

[quote name='DealsRus']opps i meant MVP 2005 on PSP, only paid 26 for it and retailed for 50, sorry :)[/QUOTE]

Wow, even at 40, that's a 54% profit margin. No wonder all the stores are going crazy promoting the PSP.

[quote name='mbstuff']Wow, even at 40, that's a 54% profit margin. No wonder all the stores are going crazy promoting the PSP.[/QUOTE]

mpst psp games only seen $5-$7 profit, but oddly MVP had a very high profit amount, weird for an EA game they are usually only 3-5 bucks profit

This is excellent, excellent news OP and to all those that have been keeping us informed. Been out of the loop too long and am starting to try to get back so I can keep up these things (then again, I've been busy with school and just plain simply, my games). Anyhow, after reading this thread, I'm getting mixed readings on whether or not DS games are included. Hopefully they are, as this sale would be great for me and my ever growing collection and I just want to play so many of the ones that have come out recently. My list would be something similiar to a:

Trauma Center
Lost in Blue
Castlevania
Trace Memory
etc.
etc.
(maybe actually all of them)

and if DS games aren't included then I might bite for Soul Calibur 3 and a couple others as that one has been one of the big games of '05 for my list. I love Soul Calibur and Soul Calibur 2 as I'm sure many know (and a lot of the people that frequent the fighter's thread topic know).

[quote name='62t']check the fry's topic. The often sell new $50 games for $34.99. $38.99, and $39.99[/QUOTE]

Oh yes. You gotta love Fry's for this. They know that if they treat the CAG right, that the CAG will surely buy other stuff at there store. That's the main store that I frequent now either when I can, or just as much as I can. I get all my computer parts from them since they're cheap and they have the biggest selection known to man. Plus sometimes Ill find some older game that I can't find anymore or don't want to buy used, and bam it's in my hand/cart.

[quote name='mbstuff']Wow, even at 40, that's a 54% profit margin. No wonder all the stores are going crazy promoting the PSP.[/QUOTE]
According to GI, the real profit is from UMD movies. A store could make more money off those movies than their DS games and systems.

Gotta start saving. Last year I got carried away and purchased 9 games from the TRU sale. I'm looking to top it this year. Can't wait!

Crap man I'm not sure what games to get, any suggestions? I'm thinking these:
Battlefield 2 XBOX
Dragon Quest 8 PS2 (exchanged for later)
Maybe Makai Kingdom PS2

Any other good suggestions?

Most likely picking up: Fire Emblem, Mario Baseball & Battalion Wars since 1st party titles retain thier value the longest ;), hopefully the TRU on 42nd wont sell them for 54.99 like they did with a few new releases last year...

I'm gonna see if I can get Shadow of the Colossus, RE4 Premium Edition, and Rainbow Six: Lockdown (I kinda missed it for $30).

But I'm thinking of getting SC3 instead of Lockdown. I'm not really sure yet.

For me, I think i'll be getting Fire Emblem, Blitz the League and Spartan: Total Warrior...and then 3 more games to justify to my wife they're for the kids...

My plans are for these three $50 games:
Burnout Revenge(xbox)
Soul Calibur 3(PS2)
DDR: Mario Mix(GC)

Possible three $40 games are:
SSX On Tour(PS2)
Moto GP 3(Xbox)
Resident Evil 4(PS2)- most likely this will be the one they have, not the premium
edition.

Oh man, the more I look into it, the more excited I'm getting. I just started thinking about mid November releases and just realized that NFS:MW comes out then!!! I'll prolly be picking up a $50 just to exchange it for that. And I can't wait for RE4 for PS2. So excited!!!! :lol: I'm probably not going to go overboard like I did last year and keep it to like 3 or 6 titles since I have so many backlogged xbox and PS2 games still waiting to be played. Oy, if only games were free. :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back