The big TRU B2G1 Free Sale - Oct 23-29! XB, PS2 and GC only. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ninja Gaiden Black will be mine. Thanks OP

[quote name='Escobar4Life']Why can't people just buy any 2 $50 games and get a $50 free game. Then exchange the ones you don't like at Walmart or Target, where you don't need a receipt?

That's what I'm doing. It's not a scam/fraud or whatever you want to call it because I'm just simply exchanging games. The store won't lose any money what so ever.[/QUOTE]

You could just buy the three games, keep the free one and return the other two at TRU.

[quote name='y2kenjination']Gotta love this time of the year... I want Shadow of the Colossus the DAY it comes out, so I'm not sure if I can wait a week. >_< Plus, since I work at GameStop, I get discounts on the games I buy...so I'd only be saving about $19 if I bought 3 games from Toys R Us.

I wish this sale started Oct 25th, the day Soul Calibur III gets released...so I don't have to go back again. How good is Toys R Us with the release dates? Do they usually get the games the day they're released? Gaaaah! Too much thinking. Head...about...to explode.[/QUOTE]
Here's a bit of advice. I have done this a lot of times with games I couldn't wait to have: buy the game from GS or wherever the day it comes out, then go to TRU and buy it again as part of the B2G1 deal and return the new unopened copy to GS or wherever you bought it. This way everyone wins, since you're not doing anything wrong. You're still giving GS back a new sealed copy. The biggest winner is you since you can play the newest game on release and not have to have paid full price for it! :lol: You can thank me later. I'm surprised no one else suggested this. I thought everyone knew of this method. I usually buy a game if I see a good deal on it, then check it against Ebay (which is what I consider MSRP nowadays) and if it's cheaper on ebay, I'll just buy that copy and return it to the store where I bought the game. So I still get to play my game and at the same time have some time to make sure it's the best deal.

[quote name='ananag112']Ninja Gaiden Black will be mine. Thanks OP

You could just buy the three games, keep the free one and return the other two at TRU.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I really want 3 total games not just one. But does that really work? (return the other two and keeping the free one)

I wouldn't think it would...unless you ask for gift receipts on all 3 games... I like that idea!

[quote name='Escobar4Life']Maybe I really want 3 total games not just one. But does that really work? (return the other two and keeping the free one)[/QUOTE]

It did that when the buy 1 get one free sale went on at TRU around 2 years ago. I bought Enter The Matrix and NBA Street Vol. 2. I then returned Enter the Matrix and bought F-Zero GX a week later.

i think i will just buy my 2 games, get my free game, and be happy with them

all this damn talk about swap this, swap that, exchange, rip off, trade in.....whatever happened to just being happy an awesome deal was given?

[quote name='blackjaw']i think i will just buy my 2 games, get my free game, and be happy with them

all this damn talk about swap this, swap that, exchange, rip off, trade in.....whatever happened to just being happy an awesome deal was given?[/QUOTE]

It's never enough for some people, the makings of madmen and the downfall of society. Some people could sell their soul for 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 dollars and a bitchin' ham sandwich and still complain about it.

Just be happy TRU is still doing this sale. :roll:

[quote name='blackjaw']i think i will just buy my 2 games, get my free game, and be happy with them

all this damn talk about swap this, swap that, exchange, rip off, trade in.....whatever happened to just being happy an awesome deal was given?[/QUOTE]

:applause: Amen! We're cheap, not con artists. Yeah, it stinks that Battlefront II comes out a week or so later, but oh well. I'm not going to swap games.

Heck, I'm so far behind even playing the 1st Battlefront game that I should have just been patient and picked it up as a PH title and saved $20. Oh well, you learn.

I second that! This isn't gold we're talking about here, it's $50 and under video games. While some of you are scheming to save/rip off/make/ a few dollars, I'll be happily playing my 3 games.

Glad to see so many people planning on getting Fire Emblem! I've had this game preordered at GameRush since August 31st! Hopefully we see a sequel to this on the GC, since the two GBA American released titles did so well. :D

I got a TRU ad/catalog in the mail today that has a $10 off $50 purchase coupon/card on the front of it valid 10/5-10/29. It says limit 1 per customer so it doesn't look stackable but they would probably let you use multiples in seperate transactions. I wasn't sure about getting in on the sale this year, due to a huge backlog, but this may be enough to make me do it. So be on the look out for the season preview circular to make this deal even sweeter.

[quote name='jjz203']Here's a bit of advice. I have done this a lot of times with games I couldn't wait to have: buy the game from GS or wherever the day it comes out, then go to TRU and buy it again as part of the B2G1 deal and return the new unopened copy to GS or wherever you bought it. This way everyone wins, since you're not doing anything wrong. You're still giving GS back a new sealed copy. The biggest winner is you since you can play the newest game on release and not have to have paid full price for it! :lol: You can thank me later. I'm surprised no one else suggested this. I thought everyone knew of this method. I usually buy a game if I see a good deal on it, then check it against Ebay (which is what I consider MSRP nowadays) and if it's cheaper on ebay, I'll just buy that copy and return it to the store where I bought the game. So I still get to play my game and at the same time have some time to make sure it's the best deal.[/QUOTE]
You sir, are pure genius! It makes me wonder why I didn't think of this sooner! I'll definitely do what you suggested. Perhaps I'll make up some BS excuse when I'm returning Shadow of the Colossus at my store, even though my fellow employees know how excited I am for it. xD

I got a TRU ad/catalog in the mail today that has a $10 off $50 purchase coupon/card on the front of it valid 10/5-10/29. It says limit 1 per customer so it doesn't look stackable but they would probably let you use multiples in seperate transactions. I wasn't sure about getting in on the sale this year, due to a huge backlog, but this may be enough to make me do it. So be on the look out for the season preview circular to make this deal even sweeter.
What the hell...all I got was a 20% off card from TRU in the mail. Well, I guess it's something. But the $10 off $50 purchase card sounds sooo much better. =/

[quote name='y2kenjination']You sir, are pure genius! It makes me wonder why I didn't think of this sooner! I'll definitely do what you suggested. Perhaps I'll make up some BS excuse when I'm returning Shadow of the Colossus at my store, even though my fellow employees know how excited I am for it. xD

What the hell...all I got was a 20% off card from TRU in the mail. Well, I guess it's something. But the $10 off $50 purchase card sounds sooo much better. =/[/QUOTE]
20% is much better. Considering 20% of $50 is $10. And you get 20% off whether you spend $20 or $80.

[quote name='botticus']20% is much better. Considering 20% of $50 is $10. And you get 20% off whether you spend $20 or $80.[/QUOTE]
haha, yeh, if you do the B2G1 deal with the 20% off, that's like $20 really versus the $10 coupon. So $20 off $100 or $10 off $100 (since you can only use that $10 off $50 coupon once per transaction), the choice is easy.

[quote name='briansraregames']When this sale does hit, I wonder is=f the B2G1 + Green Tag Glitch will work too? It's be nice to get 2 GT games at 24.99 and a 49.99 game free.[/QUOTE]

It worked during the B2G1 sale last winter for games that were $50 and green-tagged, so I'm guessing it'll work now.

[quote name='jjz203']haha, yeh, if you do the B2G1 deal with the 20% off, that's like $20 really versus the $10 coupon. So $20 off $100 or $10 off $100 (since you can only use that $10 off $50 coupon once per transaction), the choice is easy.[/QUOTE]
Haha...I forgot to mention that the 20% off coupon only works on one game. xD

So yeah, I suppose it is the same thing...if not 88 cents more than a $10 off coupon if I were to buy a $50 game. YAY! I PHAIL AT TEH MATH!!!111

Do we know if this will be online and if DS will b e included? Becuase I want to wait to get Lost in Blue and Trauma Center if I can get Phoenix Wright free.

Are there going to be jerks buying the games early and then going in later to TRU with the games to exploit the deal? I don't want to go in on Sunday to find everything good was gone weeks before.

Is it even possible with this deal? I hope not. If Fire Emblem is gone I'm going to be monster sad.

Guitar Hero, DDR Mario Mix, and Donkey Kong Jungle Beat would be really tempting. >_>

I'm a sucker for music games with fancy toys.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Do we know if this will be online and if DS will b e included? Becuase I want to wait to get Lost in Blue and Trauma Center if I can get Phoenix Wright free.[/QUOTE]
you really should assume DS game will not be in the sale.

[quote name='wolverinefactor']The OP said the board game sale started this week? Is it good on the Scene It games?[/QUOTE]\

Negative. Sale games are Parker Brother's, Milton Bradley and Hasbro. "Scene It" is made by Mattel.

[quote name='62t']you really should assume DS game will not be in the sale.[/QUOTE]

Why's this?

I really hope they're included.

[quote name='sp00ge']\

Negative. Sale games are Parker Brother's, Milton Bradley and Hasbro. "Scene It" is made by Mattel.[/QUOTE]
Starts Sunday, no?

Why no portable games?

Most PSP games are the same price as their console brothers, and hell what's the difference between 3 DS / GBA $30 games and 3 $30 Xbox games??

I'll be very disappointed if TRU makes it just on consoles only.

Why is there supposed to be a huge discount on Silent Hill 4, but when you add it to the cart it retains the $20 price tag?

wait how is this sale confirmed?
all that i no is the guy from toys r us told me that they werent doing the 49.99 B2G1 free deal this year

[quote name='Southberm']wait how is this sale confirmed?
all that i no is the guy from toys r us told me that they werent doing the 49.99 B2G1 free deal this year[/QUOTE]

He's feeding you a line of bs. Unless he was told to tell people that. I, and a few others here, work for TRU and know for a fact it's coming. I don't see why they'd put the announcement on the corporate intranet just to psych out the retail employees.

Anyboyd tried PM"ing this at Wal-Mart? TRU is REALLY far away, and I wouldn't be able to go until the afternoon b/c of church. So, it would be much more convenient to just go to walmart and do it.

[quote name='mkdude_99']Good luck trying to price match anything at Wal-Mart. I can't even get them to price match Wal-Mart.com![/QUOTE]

no place price matches their own websites cause alot of times they have it heavily discounted.

i know for a fact fry's doesn't either.

but walmart and bestbuy both pricematch and give discounts after pm

Why is portable not going to be in this sale?
1. The profit from portable games are less than cosole games, so they will lose a lot more money if they give a game away. (i.e they made less money selling a $50 PSP game compare to a $50 PS2 game. This is according to person who worked at TRU)
2. In the past they did not include portable games.

[quote name='Scorch']Any confirmation that it's only budget titles? (and I don't think that's the $19.99 and under sale mentioned earlier)[/QUOTE]
Well, its going on right now. Which would make it the $19.99 and under sale running through this weekend.

So anyone in the mood to start listing must have games yet? I just want a complete idea of what I might want in 2 weeks. :bouncy:

[quote name='jjz203']So anyone in the mood to start listing must have games yet? I just want a complete idea of what I might want in 2 weeks. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Well...

Shadow of the Colosseus
That new Dragonball Z fighting game (the sequel to Budokai 3)
Resident Evil 4 (comes out that week for ps2)
Soul Calibur 3 (ditto)
SSX: On Tour
Fire Emblem
Battalion Wars
Pokemon XD

That's all I can think of right now.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Fry's sells their games at loss leader promotions. How to tell this? easy, i can't match fry's ads of video games anywhere around here anymore, and fry's is only 8 miles up the street.

best buy continually gives me the "below cost" antic, and circuit city barks the same tale...

wal mart never wants to match fry's becuase of their funky arrow system on most games pointing to the price next to it in the ad over . "the price isnt listed next to the game we cant do it sorry!"[/QUOTE]

Just because the other companies in your area are full of shit doesn't mean that Fry's is selling below cost. You should point out the PM policy to BB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back