The big TRU B2G1 Free Sale - Oct 23-29! XB, PS2 and GC only. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='moojuice']I guess I'll just get Geist when it drops/used. You guys think THAW or Spartan or Battalion will drop pretty quick? I know DDR probably wont drop soon, seeing as its a first party w/an accessory.[/QUOTE]
My wishful thinking (since I missed the chance to preorder it) is that although Battalion Wars is a Nintendo title, it hasn't been all that well received, critically, so will drop a bit quicker than usual. But its hard to say with that one. The others I'm really not sure about. Luckily I get my Blockbuster coupons tomorrow so I can rent BW and make sure it will be a good buy.

Yeah, thats what I figured for Battalion. Most Tony Hawk games drop pretty fast, and Spartan may drop quick since its not very hyped up.

Battalion Wars can be beaten pretty easily in a rental, and there's only 4 extra missions you can unlock. After that, unless you want S ranks in every mission, you're done. No multiplayer. :(

[quote name='x_fiddle'][quote name='sren9']Sorry guys-glitch will be fixed as of Friday morning.[/QUOTE]Thought i'd post this here as i'm sure it will affect alot of people. Sren9 posted this in the main TRU greentag thread...

Just to clarify sren9 works at TRU and has given us CAG the lowdown on TRU game lists and deals before anyone else, this news is pretty much garunteed true.

Can't say its too suprising seeing as how TRU would have lost their asses come the big B2G1Free deal.[/QUOTE]...except that the glitch still worked today?

[quote name='Hair6a11']So can anyone tell me if the following games are available at TRUS?

Makai Kingdom
Altelier(sp) Iris
Stella Deus

Ive got the impression that they won't have Radiata stories.....
Which is fine I guess
But those are the three Im hoping to pick up at least[/QUOTE]They have all 3 with the fake boxes and "coming soon" signs at my TRU FWIW. Wait, not sure about Makai Kingdom, but definately on the others.

Dammit.... dammit dammit dammit!

I just went to Gamestop and preorded in full all the games I want from now until the 360. Worse yet, none of the games I want will come out before this sale. In other words, I have absolutely no reason to take advantage of this frikken awesome deal. Plus my budget is REALLY tight with the 360 and all. This really blows, I'm a huge collector and this is just not the time for something like this to happen for me.

I think I may go and get some random $20 games, I passed on that sale (and it was a quite difficult decision to say the least). I'll undoubtedly walk out with something, and it WILL put me in a difficult position with the 360 launch, but this is one of those times where I have to say fuck it and take the shot.

If this included GBA games I wouldn't be whining though. I've been wanting FF: DoS and Metal Slug since I've gotten my GBM (oh nice job with the WORSE RELEASE EVER with the Micro, Nintendo!!!!) and I could easily find another game to take home. Is there going to be another sale for the GBA and PSP/DS or is this it?

Hmm I'll be picking up XML2, SC3, and maybe RE4 if I can't pick another $50 game. I might get 2 sets of B2G1 if I can find more shit I want after looking at some more release dates.

Whats the deal with exchanging games at a later date? I remember last year some people were able to do so. Any TRU employees know if I'll be able to trade in one of my games for Smackdown later?

customers at my Store tht I work at had NO PROBLEM UNLESS it happnede to be the game that came up free (last game scanned)

I want to pick up We Love Katamari, Shadow of the Colossus, and... any ideas for a third game? I don't care what system...

Too bad it doesn't apply to DS games or I would've gotten Castlevania DS, Meteos, and Kirby.

I'd love Fire Emblem... but I'd rather try to keep costs down so another $40 title would be perfect. It would be even better if I could find three $30 titles (Katamari and Ninja Gaiden Black are two).

You guys should really re-think purchasing Battalion Wars. The game can be beaten in 5-7 hours, including the 4 bonus missions, and it doesn't have any multiplayer. I rented it, and beat it in 4 days. It's not a bad game at all, just ridiculously short. Get Socom 3 instead! :D

me I'm getting socom 3, shadow of the collosus, and either THAW or soul calibur 3. I may go back again and get 3 more games too. If I have the money.

I'm rethinking it now.

It's either Shadow of the Colossus, RE4, and Ninja Gaiden Black...

...or RE4 and two other cheap games because I'm poor. :(

I figured out what I want to pick up: Mario Kart: DD, Mario Power Tennis, and Fire Emblem. I figure the two Mario games wouldn't drop this holiday (especially MK: DD), and even if it does, it will be only to $30, so I'm not losing that much. Hopefully I could hold off buying FE from release.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Hmm I'll be picking up XML2, SC3, and maybe RE4 if I can't pick another $50 game. I might get 2 sets of B2G1 if I can find more shit I want after looking at some more release dates.

Whats the deal with exchanging games at a later date? I remember last year some people were able to do so. Any TRU employees know if I'll be able to trade in one of my games for Smackdown later?[/QUOTE]
YMMV, getting different feedback if you read the first few pages of this thread, but my personal experience last year was that I was able to exchange 3 games at a later time. Since TRU has come under new management, the rules may have changed (my gut instinct says I don't think they would but who knows), and either way, if they don't let you, just return the game, not like you lose out on anything.

Shadow of Colossus, RE4, and Rachet: Deadlocked = $80 trio of awesomeness.

Now if only I could sell some games to get the money together for it.

I figured out what I am going to get:

Ninja Gaiden Black
Fable: The Lost Chapters
Kingdom Hearts

-$5 TRU coupon = $45+tax for all three games. w00t.

Which TRUs do you go to NYC??? I've had some good luck at the ones in Co-op City, Yonkers, and White Plains. I've never felt like wasting a train ticket to hit up the one in Times Square.

It's a great time to be a cheap ass gamer.

[quote name='depascal22']Which TRUs do you go to NYC??? I've had some good luck at the ones in Co-op City, Yonkers, and White Plains. I've never felt like wasting a train ticket to hit up the one in Times Square.

It's a great time to be a cheap ass gamer.[/QUOTE]
Lucky me, I work in mid-town so going to the Times Square one (where I made most of my purchases last year) is a cinch for me. I live in queens so I also have the one in LIC as an option as well. Haven't had a problem finding a newly released game during their B2G1 sales yet. :razz:

I figured out what I am going to get:

Ninja Gaiden Black
Fable: The Lost Chapters
Kingdom Hearts 2

-$5 TRU coupon = $45+tax for all three games. w00t.

...how?

Ninja Gaiden Black = $30
Fable Lost Chapters = $20 (Free)
Kingdom Hearts 2 = $50

so...$80 - your $5off coupon... = $75+tax

am I missing something? that would rock...

This is what I am thinking assuming they have these in stock:

$40 games
Indigo Prophecy
SHadow of the Colossus
Metal Slug 4& 5 or Genji or some other $40 game

$30 games
We Love Katamari
Sonic Gems Collection
!?!?!?!? (suggestions - Already bought Ninja Gaiden Black)

$20 games
Capcom Classics Collection
Evil Dead Regeneration
!?!?!?!!?! - hopefully something I want will drop to that level before the sale

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this, but if anyone did, sorry about it. For some time, I've had my mind set on getting Soul Calibur III and RE4 and some other game for this deal. Lately, I've been worried that I might not get Soul Calibur III and RE4 at that time. Would it be possible for me to buy some other games, keep them sealed, and exchange them later for the games that I want in case they don't come around at the time of the deal, and yet take advantage of the deal?

If not, is there any way to guarantee RE4 and SCIII for this deal?

[quote name='ComTruise']I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this, but if anyone did, sorry about it. For some time, I've had my mind set on getting Soul Calibur III and RE4 and some other game for this deal. Lately, I've been worried that I might not get Soul Calibur III and RE4 at that time. Would it be possible for me to buy some other games, keep them sealed, and exchange them later for the games that I want in case they don't come around at the time of the deal, and yet take advantage of the deal?

If not, is there any way to guarantee RE4 and SCIII for this deal?[/QUOTE]

Oh no, please don't ask this. Last year when someone suggested this it turned into a more heated debate than Pro-life vs. Pro-choice...

[quote name='ComTruise']I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this, but if anyone did, sorry about it. For some time, I've had my mind set on getting Soul Calibur III and RE4 and some other game for this deal. Lately, I've been worried that I might not get Soul Calibur III and RE4 at that time. Would it be possible for me to buy some other games, keep them sealed, and exchange them later for the games that I want in case they don't come around at the time of the deal, and yet take advantage of the deal?

If not, is there any way to guarantee RE4 and SCIII for this deal?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can do that. In fact, a couple years ago I wanted to buy GTA: Vice City, Suikoden III and Tony Hawk 4 (I think that's what I got) in this deal. GTA was sold out as it was a huge launch if you remember. They actually told me to get another game of the same value and just bring it back when they had GTA in stock, so I bought some Formula One game and exchanged it no problem.

Here are the games I'm thinking about getting -

Soul Calibur III ($50)
Metal Slug 4&5 ($40)
then either of the following free:
We Love Katamari
Capcom Fighting Evolution

...any other suggestions?

You can find Capcom Fighting Evolution $20Ish. Also, We love Katamari $25 after 5 off BB coupon (not worth it when you spend $40 - $50 on the 1st 2 games and get cheap game for FREE)

[quote name='Masterkyo']You can find Capcom Fighting Evolution $20Ish. Also, We love Katamari $25 after 5 off BB coupon (not worth it when you spend $40 - $50 on the 1st 2 games and get cheap game for FREE)[/QUOTE]
Well there aren't really any others I want...

I think walmart has CFE for $15.00[quote name='SilverPaw750']Here are the games I'm thinking about getting -

Soul Calibur III ($50)
Metal Slug 4&5 ($40)
then either of the following free:
We Love Katamari
Capcom Fighting Evolution

...any other suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Im still really stuck on this. RE4 for PS2 is the only normal( or close to it) console game I REALLY want. I need to start looking more, i guess.

Resident Evil 4 is going to be great. Seeing as I only rented the GC one, and didn't get far into it at all, I'm hyped up for all the new features in the PS2 one. Yay for GameRush! :D

Can someone explain to me what exactly the conditions on this deal are? Do both of the games I buy have to cost at least as much as the free one?

[quote name='joeljermon']Can someone explain to me what exactly the conditions on this deal are? Do both of the games I buy have to cost at least as much as the free one?[/QUOTE]
Buy three games, the cheapest one is free.

WOW!!!! People read the OP! Do you think that makes ANY sense at all for them to let you buy 2 $9.99 games and get a free $49.99 game free? Does that sound normal to you? USE COMMON SENSE.

I'm planning to pick up Soul Cal 3, Fire Emblem, and who knows what else (some candidates are Blitz the League and XMen Legends 2)

[quote name='iflabs']Ultimate Spiderman, SC3, Tenkaichi Budokai. Ultimate Spiderman any good? I love the web swinging action though.[/QUOTE]

Ultimate Spiderman was ok. I like the swinging around the city but it wasn't as free-roaming as Spiderman 2. Also I felt controling Venom was a pain and not nearly what I was hoping for. I might not be bad ass a free game but prob could pick up something better. Just my two cents. Oh and the combat was pretty lack-luster.

As for me not too many console titles i'm too interested right now. Normally I like to get the 49.99 titles in these sales but not to many i'm interested. Prob a good chance to pick up Doom 3 and Doom: ROE. That or Serious Sam II.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back