The big TRU B2G1 Free Sale - Oct 23-29! XB, PS2 and GC only. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='jjz203']So anyone in the mood to start listing must have games yet? I just want a complete idea of what I might want in 2 weeks. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Multiplatform games
-------------------------
SSX 4: On Tour
The Warriors
GTA Trilogy
X-Men Legends 2
Stubbs The Zombie
Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood
Tony Hawks: American Wasteland
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat
Star Wars Battlefront II
NHL 2006
NBA 2k6
Tiger Woods 2006

PS2 Exclusives
Socom III
Shadow of the Colossus
Jak X: Combat Racing
Shining Force Neo
Ratchet: Deadlocked
Resident Evil 4
Soul Calibur III

GCN Exclusives
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

PSP Exclusives
GTA:Liberty Stories

[quote name='trunks982']shin megami tensei: digital devil saga 2
radiata stories
makai kingdom

hmmmm what others[/QUOTE]

You think they'll even have DDS 2? I checked amazon and TRU didn't even have it for pre-order and they didn't sell Nocturne or DDS that well. If they do, I am all over it though.

[quote name='DJSteel']Multiplatform games
[/QUOTE]
:lol: hahaha, man DJSteel, you're gonna be a BAG (brokeassgamer) after this sale. Great list though, I'm thinking along the same lines as you.

[quote name='chickenhawk']You think they'll even have DDS 2? I checked amazon and TRU didn't even have it for pre-order and they didn't sell Nocturne or DDS that well. If they do, I am all over it though.[/QUOTE]
They should as they carried both Nocturne and DDS1 at B&M store.

[quote name='62t']They should as they carried both Nocturne and DDS1 at B&M store.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but my point was that they didn't sell those titles well so maybe they would rethink if they would carry DDS 2.

cant wait... im probably go wtih shadow of colossus, fire emblem, and radiata stories... i wish dragon quest 8 was out by then... but man i wish ds games were included :(

Whats the deal with the TRU games online now that are buy 2 get 1 free? On Amazon.com

[quote name='clayfu']no place price matches their own websites cause alot of times they have it heavily discounted.

i know for a fact fry's doesn't either.

but walmart and bestbuy both pricematch and give discounts after pm[/QUOTE]Fry's website has like a store locator on it and that's it. They don't sell stuff online as Fry's.

[quote name='62t']Why is portable not going to be in this sale?
1. The profit from portable games are less than cosole games, so they will lose a lot more money if they give a game away. (i.e they made less money selling a $50 PSP game compare to a $50 PS2 game. This is according to person who worked at TRU)
2. In the past they did not include portable games.[/QUOTE]Also no reason to clear out PSP/DS titles as the libraries are so small. They are systems still on the rise.

[quote name='jjz203']So anyone in the mood to start listing must have games yet? I just want a complete idea of what I might want in 2 weeks. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
For me at least:

PS2

Capcom Classics Collection (Out)
Genji: Dawn of the Samurai (Out)
Indigo Prophecy (Out)
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2 (Out)
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi (10/18)
Shadow of the Colossus (10/18)
Wild Arms: Alter Code F (10/18)
Resident Evil 4 (10/25)
Soul Calibur III (10/25)
Taito Legends (10/25)

Too bad Fatal Frame 3, Mega Man X Collection, Castlevania: Curse of Darkness, WWE Smackdown! vs. RAW 2006, Magna Carta: Tears of Blood, and Dragon Quest VIII all come out after the sale. =/

Gamecube

Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (Out)
Mario Kart Double Dash!! (Out)
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (10/17)
DDR: Mario Mix (10/24)

and I suppose that's about it for the Cube...xD

Nothing for the X-Box since I don't own one.

This is ALWAYS such a hot deal. Unfortunately for me, I don't really want any games for the PS2/GC/XBOX this holiday season. Man, Im sad - I wanted so many DS games.

[quote name='banpeikun']Fry's website has like a store locator on it and that's it. They don't sell stuff online as Fry's.[/QUOTE]

Fry's online counterpart is Outpost.

Well, I've made my list, all XBOX:
SSX On Tour
Burnout Revenge
Ninja Gaiden Black
Yes, I know that they're not all $50. But I would rather save 30 and buy a game I'm dying to get rather than save 50 and get a game I'm not so dying to get. Oct 23rd can't come soon enough!

I have bad news for anyone who was looking to get Digital Devil Saga 2 for this deal... it does not seem TRU will be carrying it in store at all. I had intended to pick it up yesterday, and we still did not have it come in, so I looked in our system... and lo and behold, it's an X status. I double checked the SKN from tru.com even(they do use the same ones on there as in store), and even looked at DDS 1 to make sure the didn't use the wrong one... and they were both different. Radiata Stories is the same way; it came out a few weeks ago, and we never got it, and when I checked last night out of curiosity, it's a X status too.

Anyways, don't plan on using DDS2 in store for any of your games, it'll probally only be online only.

[quote name='ShinAkuma']I have bad news for anyone who was looking to get Digital Devil Saga 2 for this deal... it does not seem TRU will be carrying it in store at all. I had intended to pick it up yesterday, and we still did not have it come in, so I looked in our system... and lo and behold, it's an X status. I double checked the SKN from tru.com even(they do use the same ones on there as in store), and even looked at DDS 1 to make sure the didn't use the wrong one... and they were both different. Radiata Stories is the same way; it came out a few weeks ago, and we never got it, and when I checked last night out of curiosity, it's a X status too.

Anyways, don't plan on using DDS2 in store for any of your games, it'll probally only be online only.[/QUOTE]
I have good news though...I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico. Sorry, it had to be said. *Runs* xD

[quote name='ShinAkuma']I have bad news for anyone who was looking to get Digital Devil Saga 2 for this deal... it does not seem TRU will be carrying it in store at all. I had intended to pick it up yesterday, and we still did not have it come in, so I looked in our system... and lo and behold, it's an X status. I double checked the SKN from tru.com even(they do use the same ones on there as in store), and even looked at DDS 1 to make sure the didn't use the wrong one... and they were both different. Radiata Stories is the same way; it came out a few weeks ago, and we never got it, and when I checked last night out of curiosity, it's a X status too.

Anyways, don't plan on using DDS2 in store for any of your games, it'll probally only be online only.[/QUOTE]
i can see them not carry an atlus game as they are a smaller company, but Radiata stories too?

So can anyone tell me if the following games are available at TRUS?

Makai Kingdom
Altelier(sp) Iris
Stella Deus

Ive got the impression that they won't have Radiata stories.....
Which is fine I guess
But those are the three Im hoping to pick up at least

Looks like I won't be just getting DDR Mario Mix this month. I guess I'll have to throw Battallion Wars and Fire Emblem in my cart as well.

[quote name='Hair6a11']So can anyone tell me if the following games are available at TRUS?

Makai Kingdom
Altelier(sp) Iris
Stella Deus

Which is fine I guess
But those are the three Im hoping to pick up at least[/QUOTE]

They should have Radiata Stories... it's Square Enix, and every other store I've been to (including K-Mart) had plenty of copies of it.

EDIT: Snap, I didn't see the post saying some guy's TRU never got Radiata Stories... that is really strange, since Target / K-Mart / Wal-Mart all received a ton of copies of it.

[quote name='Hair6a11']So can anyone tell me if the following games are available at TRUS?

Makai Kingdom
Altelier(sp) Iris
Stella Deus

Which is fine I guess
But those are the three Im hoping to pick up at least[/QUOTE]

Stella Deus is a negative.

Yeah, I never got Radiata Stories in at the TRU I work at. And as of last night, looking in our systems, no one in my region (stores with 60XX as a number) has gotten any nor sold any. I'm not sure why either, we sold Star Ocean 3 pretty well, and it's damn near the same game).

Thought i'd post this here as i'm sure it will affect alot of people. Sren9 posted this in the main TRU greentag thread...

[quote name='sren9']Sorry guys-glitch will be fixed as of Friday morning.[/QUOTE]

Just to clarify sren9 works at TRU and has given us CAG the lowdown on TRU game lists and deals before anyone else, this news is pretty much garunteed true.

Can't say its too suprising seeing as how TRU would have lost their asses come the big B2G1Free deal.

[quote name='SilverPaw750']Is there a list anywhere of currently out/upcoming notable games?[/QUOTE]
Um... that's the point of what I'm trying to ask people to do, and what some people have been doing, make lists so it'll help everyone. :wall: But thanks for reading the thread. :roll:

Here is a list I have made from the release dates listed on ign.com.

$20
Midway Arcade Treasures 3
World Poker Tour
Crime Life: Gang Wars
World Championship Poker 2 : Featuring Howard Lederer
Fable: The Lost Chapters

$30
Ninja Gaiden Black
We Love Katamari
Samurai Shodown V
Stacked with Daniel Negreanu

$40
Indigo Prophecy
Total Overdose: A Gunslinger's Tale in Mexico
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
Serious Sam II
Sniper Elite
Shadow of the Colossus
TimeShift
Resident Evil 4 (PS2)
Without Warning

$50
Far Cry Instincts
Burnout Revenge
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2
SOCOM 3: U.S. Navy Seals
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Stubbs the Zombie in "Rebel without a Pulse"
The Warriors
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat
Soulcalibur III
Trapt

Of course, some of these won't come out on time. Others will turn out to suck. And still others won't be in stock at my local TRU. When all is said and done, I will be lucky to find six games I want to get with this deal.

Really? I haven't had a problem yet in finding a game that I want at the TRU sales (so far 3 years and counting). I guess I'm just lucky, or that NYC has a buttload of copies of all games. Can't wait, 2 weeks!!!

I dont know what I want yet. I have a PS2 and I probably get Tony Hawk American Wasteland. I swore off the tony hawk series after THUG2 but the one massive level drew me back in. I was thinking Burnout Revenge but im afraid it will drop in price and become a GH rather quickly. Ill have to wait and see what other people are getting. Maybe that will give me ideas.

Very nice. Looks like I'll be picking up Shadow of the Colossus, DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi, and Battlefield 2: Modern Combat for PS2. There's just so many good games coming out in the last two weeks of October that it's insane.

Anyone know if they'll allow you to pick up three of the same game for this deal? Me and 2 other friends want to pick up Soul Calibur 3.

[quote name='Sway']Anyone know if they'll allow you to pick up three of the same game for this deal? Me and 2 other friends want to pick up Soul Calibur 3.[/QUOTE]
People have had no problem with the other B2G1F sale, I wouldn't see why not.

Is this the same sale as last year? Any game is included in the promotion?

This is one sweet heck of a deal. I got AC5, GTA:SA, and MK:D last year.

Does this sale include games of all price ranges? Cause there are $20 games I want to get, but I can't get them right now with the B2G1F deal for $20 games.

Yeah, it works for any game, but you get the cheapest one for free. DS games and PSP games are excluded however... :(

So if the glitch works for this, youll be able to get 2 49.99 GT games and a new game for free? Effectively getting the game you wanted for 50 along with 2 "free" GT games? Am I right on this?

[quote name='arsenalgear']So if the glitch works for this, youll be able to get 2 49.99 GT games and a new game for free? Effectively getting the game you wanted for 50 along with 2 "free" GT games? Am I right on this?[/QUOTE]
Yes, thats the theory. If it was a month later, I might consider it. Ah well.

Aww man...sucks no portable games, guess it should have been expected since this is how it was last year... i'll probably just pick up SCIII and a couple other games.

[quote name='Sway']Anyone know if they'll allow you to pick up three of the same game for this deal? Me and 2 other friends want to pick up Soul Calibur 3.[/QUOTE]

Last year I had no problem buying multiple copies of games in the same transaction. I splitt the deal with friends as well...

During the $20 b2g1f deal I had no problems buying 3 of the same game either...

Hmmm, Battalion Wars, Geist, and something else for GC, any suggestions?
Edit: Aw man, I read about THAW, Mario DDR and Spartan. Crap, should I go with three of those or go all out and get 6.....argh.....choices......

[quote name='kill3r7']Geist is really bad. I played it for a little while and I couldn't believe such crap was released by Nintendo.[/QUOTE]
I didn't think it was awful, but certainly not worth using this deal for. I would go for Mario DDR or Spartan to fill the gap there.

I guess I'll just get Geist when it drops/used. You guys think THAW or Spartan or Battalion will drop pretty quick? I know DDR probably wont drop soon, seeing as its a first party w/an accessory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back