The big TRU B2G1 Free Sale - Oct 23-29! XB, PS2 and GC only. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='chickenhawk']This is what I am thinking assuming they have these in stock:

$40 games
Indigo Prophecy
SHadow of the Colossus
Metal Slug 4& 5 or Genji or some other $40 game

$30 games
We Love Katamari
Sonic Gems Collection
!?!?!?!? (suggestions - Already bought Ninja Gaiden Black)

$20 games
Capcom Classics Collection
Evil Dead Regeneration
!?!?!?!!?! - hopefully something I want will drop to that level before the sale[/QUOTE]

Shadow of Rome is a great beat em up style game that can fill that 20 dollar gap.

Thought up of what I could get for this sale.

SSX: On Tour 39.99
Blitz: The League 39.99
Serious Sam II 39.99

The Warriors 49.99
Stubbs the Zombie 49.99
Battlefield: MC 49.99

This is all assuming I don't break down and get SSX tomarrow. :) Got a solid review from IGN, 8.8. No online play tho which may be the factor for why I will wait.

[quote name='TUBAPRO1']For the $20 or $30 game (not sure on the price of this), doesn't that Taito collection come out on October 28th? It looks like it's worth it to me...[/QUOTE]

Gamestop has it for the 25th ship date and only for $19.99. http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=210895

can someone confirm this sale?
buy any 2 games at any price (greatest Hits & $50 games?) & get another one FREE for equal or lesser value at Toys R Us??
is that correct??

[quote name='WTFer']can someone confirm this sale?
buy any 2 games at any price (greatest Hits & $50 games?) & get another one FREE for equal or lesser value at Toys R Us??
is that correct??[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's confirmed. Buy 2 games and get a 3rd game of equal or lesser value free.

[quote name='aoLat']WOW!!!! People read the OP! Do you think that makes ANY sense at all for them to let you buy 2 $9.99 games and get a free $49.99 game free? Does that sound normal to you? USE COMMON SENSE.[/QUOTE]

Why bother responding at all? Sounds like someone takes these threads a little to serious.....

Anyways, im thinking
SOC
Socom 3
and still undecided on the 3rd..

Oh and almost forgot, GH titles:
Kingdom Hearts
FFX
maybe the the latest Jak or Ratchet to hit GH

Wait a second. Wasn't last years sale any game over $20.

That''s why they had the $19.99 and under sale last week. And next week it should be over $19.99.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Wait a second. Wasn't last years sale any game over $20.

That''s why they had the $19.99 and under sale last week. And next week it should be over $19.99.[/QUOTE]
I bought 3 GH's last year and it worked. I dunno if they've changed it this year since like you said admiral, they had a $19.99 sale already so it sounds logical that they would limit it to $19.99 and up now, but I guess we'll see. But I do know that it was for any and all games last year regardless of price.

Just want to be sure, everyone says portables are out of it, but how about PC (personal computer, not players choice) games? Im assuming PC are not included, but no one has mentioned it IIRC.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Wait a second. Wasn't last years sale any game over $20.

That''s why they had the $19.99 and under sale last week. And next week it should be over $19.99.[/QUOTE]

They didn't have a price limit last year. I remember buying sets of 3 Green Tagged games that were all $5 after GT so it would end up being about $10 & change with tax using the B2G1F. I haven't seen any mention of prices mentioned so I'm thinking that they won't have any price limitations this year either :)

Alright now I dont know what I want.
Psychonauts is going to be on sale this friday for thirty at ebgames so I might get it there.
But for this sale I know I want the Zatch Bell game, and I dont know what else...probably socom 3 and WWE DOR 2, what about soul caliber 3....so confused.

And what about the warriors!

[quote name='iflabs']Ultimate Spiderman, SC3, Tenkaichi Budokai. Ultimate Spiderman any good? I love the web swinging action though.[/QUOTE]

I rented it. It's fun to swing around, but everything else was just, meh. I also didn't like how Venom controlled. I wouldn't spend $50 on it.

Ahhh man, I was really looking fowards toward Ultimate Spiderman...

Does anyone know if this deal will work with "premium game packages" too? I'm looking forward to getting that Time Crisis 3 with Dual Guncons if Toysrus carries them.

Alright for the TRU sale Ill get Psychonauts, Zatch Bell and Socom 3 the first day the sale comes up.
If I decide to go back to TRU later in the week I will pick up Soul Caliber 3, Gundam Seed Never Ending Tomorrow and WWE DOR 2.

I also heard a rumor that TRU isnt carrying violent games like that Sin Megami whatever RPG thats rated M. Does anyone know if they carry Socom 3.

TRU carries Shin Megami Tensei. I got it as part of the green tag sale. And they carry Killer 7.

It's a great time to be a cheap ass gamer.

I'll be picking up Ratchet: Deadlocked, Indigo Prophecy, and Wild Arms Alter Code F, if it ever decides to actual come out. If no Wild Arms, then probably NBA 2K6 or Shining Force NEO (Although that game is gonna get delayed also)

Saw Digital Devel Saga 1 at mine about a week ago, I hope it's still there come sale time

If it is, I'll grab:

Resident Evil 4 PS2
DDS1
DDS2

If not...

RE4
SSX4
SotC

I've got such a backlog of games I want that I'll probably end up making two purchases of 3 50$ games and 3 40$ games. Here's the probable list:

Shin megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2
Makai Kingdom
Devil May Cry 3

Shadow of the Colossus
Sly 3: Honor Amongst Thieves
Ratchet: Deadlocked

There's a few games I have on my list like RE4 that I'll sub in as needed (I get the feeling they won't have DDS or Makai Kingdom)

I've looked, but never found Indigo Prophecy at TRU... has anybody? I don't think they carry it at mine. Which is sad. I don't know if I want 3 expensive games otherwise.

[quote name='aoLat']No, they would just give you store credit... bastards.[/QUOTE]

If you put cash down ( or check or credit card) for store credit toward an XBOX 360 ( or anything else) AND you still have the reciept they can refund the purchase back to teh original form of payment ( except check probably giev you $ for that) .

[quote name='Machikunas']I've looked, but never found Indigo Prophecy at TRU... has anybody? I don't think they carry it at mine. Which is sad. I don't know if I want 3 expensive games otherwise.[/QUOTE]
That's what I'm worried about. Although I plan to pick it up at the TRU B2G1 free sale, I doubt they're going to have it. I don't think they had it when I checked a few weeks ago. Hm, perhaps I should just nab it whenever my store gets in a copy.

Money is kind of tight for me right now (trying to pay off my wedding from last month), but I'm debating on these:

Fable: Lost Chapters
Psychonauts
Burnout: Revenge
SSX: On Tour
We Love Katamari

Or maybe I'll just go ahead and buy 2 christmas presents for my cousin and brother and keep one for myself.

I'm looking to get:
We Love Katamari
PS2 RE 4
Soul Calibur 3
Radiata Stories

Since Katamari is only $30 I'll need to find other $30 games to match with it.

[quote name='MadFlava']I'm looking to get:
We Love Katamari
PS2 RE 4
Soul Calibur 3
Radiata Stories

Since Katamari is only $30 I'll need to find other $30 games to match with it.[/QUOTE]

Do you have an Xbox? If so, I'd recommend Stranger's Wrath. Ninja Gaiden Black would be a good choice also.

EDIT: I have also seen Indigo Prophecy at both TRUs near me.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Shadow of Rome is a great beat em up style game that can fill that 20 dollar gap.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I picked that up during their recent B2G1 $20 game sale. Unfortunately the TRU I went to didn't have the other 2 I was looking for so I picked up Mech Assault 2 and TMNT 2 (I know, it's not the greatest, but I am a HUGE fan). I am hoping they get them in time for this sale. I am kinda hoping that something like Batman Begins drops in time for the sale. I think it is on sale next week so maybe I can buy the games early and get an adjustment.

I'm a Cube guy. Thinking:

- Battalion Wars
- Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
- X-Men 2 or Geist or MP2 or perhaps even Gun if I can

I was super excited for the sale... but at Buy 2 Get 1 free, each game comes out to about 33 a pop... I'll just wait for a few price drops on alot of these games (since they should start dropping fast after the end of this year).

In any event, I'm thinking I'll still get Soul Calibur 3, Shadow of the Colosseus, and Resident Evil 4.

I might switch out SotC with Fire Emblem, if it gets good reviews. The secret is just finding games that won't drop for a long long time... Namco dosen't drop their games quickly (espically flagship titles), it took Capcom forever to drop RE 4 for Cube, and same with other Nintendo made games. I got a feeling Battalion Wars and Pokemon XD will drop fairly quick, though.

It is a shame that no PSP games are included, and that some of the best games the PC has seen in a long time are hitting the week before and of the TRU sale, so it drains my money :lol:.

I'll probably go PM Radiata Stories at Circuit City to Target's 38.88, with the 110% it's close enough to 33.

[quote name='Roufuss']I was super excited for the sale... but at Buy 2 Get 1 free, each game comes out to about 33 a pop... I'll just wait for a few price drops on alot of these games (since they should start dropping fast after the end of this year).

In any event, I'm thinking I'll still get Soul Calibur 3, Shadow of the Colosseus, and Resident Evil 4.

I might switch out SotC with Fire Emblem, if it gets good reviews. The secret is just finding games that won't drop for a long long time... Namco dosen't drop their games quickly (espically flagship titles), it took Capcom forever to drop RE 4 for Cube, and same with other Nintendo made games. I got a feeling Battalion Wars and Pokemon XD will drop fairly quick, though.

It is a shame that no PSP games are included, and that some of the best games the PC has seen in a long time are hitting the week before and of the TRU sale, so it drains my money :lol:.

I'll probably go PM Radiata Stories at Circuit City to Target's 38.88, with the 110% it's close enough to 33.[/QUOTE]

Soul Calibur II dropped like a rock after a while. It seems like it never hit the $30 point or even stayed at $20 long. Once it started dropping, it just kept going. I don't think it took that long either.

[quote name='chickenhawk']Soul Calibur II dropped like a rock after a while. It seems like it never hit the $30 point or even stayed at $20 long. Once it started dropping, it just kept going. I don't think it took that long either.[/QUOTE]

Yea, but that's because Namco mass produced it for all three systems. Look at other ps2 exclusive stuff, like Tekken 5, it's taking forever for it to drop officially. Hell, even Death By Degrees sucked total ass, and it still took it a bit of time.

[quote name='Roufuss']Yea, but that's because Namco mass produced it for all three systems. Look at other ps2 exclusive stuff, like Tekken 5, it's taking forever for it to drop officially. Hell, even Death By Degrees sucked total ass, and it still took it a bit of time.[/QUOTE]

tekken 5 only took a few monthes to drop to around 29.99 at target. Remember, a decade ago a game wouldnt drop for over 18 monthes half the time, so be appreciative of the times we live in.

[quote name='Roufuss']Yea, but that's because Namco mass produced it for all three systems. Look at other ps2 exclusive stuff, like Tekken 5, it's taking forever for it to drop officially. Hell, even Death By Degrees sucked total ass, and it still took it a bit of time.[/QUOTE]

Excellent point. I was wondering for the longest time when Death By Degrees was going to drop.
[quote name='thingsfallnapart']tekken 5 only took a few monthes to drop to around 29.99 at target. Remember, a decade ago a game wouldnt drop for over 18 monthes half the time, so be appreciative of the times we live in.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't this just a sale though?

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']tekken 5 only took a few monthes to drop to around 29.99 at target. .[/QUOTE]

Was only a sale.. I don't think it was a permanent price.

Heres what I'm looking at. Im only going to get 3 out of them. Not sure what though. All PS2

$40
Resident Evil 4 - Really want this, hope its available by then
Ratchet: Deadlock - Low choice, should get 3 first
SSX On Tour - Not sure about, SSX 3 didnt blow my socks off
Shadow of the Colossus - Looks good, waiting for reviews
Blitz: The League - Ditto from SotC

$50
Tony Hawk American Wasteland - Really want, 1 big level drew me back in
Fatal Frame 3 - Not sure about
Tiger Woods 06 - Really like 04, possibility
Burnout Revenge - Want but afraid will drop in price rather quickly, 3 seemed to do that
Soul Calibur 3 - My gf wants this, not into fighting games, prolly get her SCII for cheap

Not sure what I want. Hopefully my TRU will have a good selection, they still use the ticket system.

[quote name='Roufuss']I was super excited for the sale... but at Buy 2 Get 1 free, each game comes out to about 33 a pop... I'll just wait for a few price drops on alot of these games (since they should start dropping fast after the end of this year).

I'll probably go PM Radiata Stories at Circuit City to Target's 38.88, with the 110% it's close enough to 33.[/QUOTE]

You really think that Battallion Wars will drop? I have been planning on getting Battallion Wars, Fire Emblem and DDR Mario Mix because I figure they are all solid Nintendo titles that will stay high for a year. But if there's solid reasoning behind your thought that Battallion Wars will drop quick, maybe I will come up with another title...

I already know two of the three games I'll be getting:

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Soul Calibur 3

Still haven't decided the third but I might either get The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction or Makai Kingdom

[quote name='MorPhiend']You really think that Battallion Wars will drop? I have been planning on getting Battallion Wars, Fire Emblem and DDR Mario Mix because I figure they are all solid Nintendo titles that will stay high for a year. But if there's solid reasoning behind your thought that Battallion Wars will drop quick, maybe I will come up with another title...[/QUOTE]

Even though it's a Nintendo title, they seemed to just rush it out with little to no fanfare. Reviews were good, but not spectacular, and it's just something that I see not staying at full price for very long. Nintendo changed the name, so it's not part of a series anymore (Advance Wars), so it dosen't have name brand recognition going for it.

I would be curious to see sales, because from what I've seen personally it didn't sell too hot at all, and nobody really cared about it. Now, Fire Emblem, if it gets good reviews, will stay high for awhile and that's a good one to get. I just see stores clearing out stuff like Geist and Battalion Wars in a few months - it will be easy to get them for $30.

My reasoning is kind of shady, I know, but it's just intuition :D

[quote name='Roufuss']Even though it's a Nintendo title, they seemed to just rush it out with little to no fanfare. Reviews were good, but not spectacular, and it's just something that I see not staying at full price for very long. Nintendo changed the name, so it's not part of a series anymore (Advance Wars), so it dosen't have name brand recognition going for it.

I would be curious to see sales, because from what I've seen personally it didn't sell too hot at all, and nobody really cared about it. Now, Fire Emblem, if it gets good reviews, will stay high for awhile and that's a good one to get. I just see stores clearing out stuff like Geist and Battalion Wars in a few months - it will be easy to get them for $30.

My reasoning is kind of shady, I know, but it's just intuition :D[/QUOTE]
Don't worry, I have a similar kind of intuition regarding Battalion Wars, but that's also biased with a bit of optimism as I want it, but I don't want to pay $50 for it.

I don't think I'm gonna end up going for this deal, since ideally I would get 2 $50 GT items to get three games for $50, and there's only one GT game that I want (TS: FP). I will just wait for all the games I want to drop or the 70% GT as I've bought something like 30 games in the past month and have spent most of my time playing X-Men 2 so I can actually say I played one through - leaving me with 29 games to tide me over.

But you never know... I'll walk in there next week without the fiancee tagging along, and I can see myself getting games I don't need.

[quote name='Roufuss']Even though it's a Nintendo title, they seemed to just rush it out with little to no fanfare. Reviews were good, but not spectacular, and it's just something that I see not staying at full price for very long. Nintendo changed the name, so it's not part of a series anymore (Advance Wars), so it dosen't have name brand recognition going for it.

My reasoning is kind of shady, I know, but it's just intuition :D[/QUOTE]
hmmm.. I may still have to bite. I got Geist for about $30 from GameFly. It looked as if it had never been rented. I have only played it a bit, but I think it is worth $30. But I don't think that I can bank on BW dropping before the end of the year. Not below $33 for sure...

I don't feel like reading through 30 page, so what is this glitch? It sounds like it's the last game rung up is the free one, so you can do two 40's and a 50 last and get it for free?

[quote name='Roufuss']I don't feel like reading through 30 page, so what is this glitch? It sounds like it's the last game rung up is the free one, so you can do two 40's and a 50 last and get it for free?[/QUOTE]
If you buy two green tagged games, and a third game that is the same price (before discount), the non-GT game rings up free if its scanned last. Basically, it ignores the green tag discount until after the B2G1F is settled.

So for example, I could bring up TimeSplitters: FP ($50 GT), Chaos Theory ($50 GT), and Battalion Wars, and if they ring them up in that order, Battalion Wars would be free.

[quote name='botticus']If you buy two green tagged games, and a third game that is the same price (before discount), the non-GT game rings up free if its scanned last. Basically, it ignores the green tag discount until after the B2G1F is settled.

So for example, I could bring up TimeSplitters: FP ($50 GT), Chaos Theory ($50 GT), and Battalion Wars, and if they ring them up in that order, Battalion Wars would be free.[/QUOTE]

Interesting... could you then return the two GT games and keep the free one? Just asking hypothetically, I don't have time to do this kind of run around on TRU, it just seems like a big loophole.

[quote name='Roufuss']Interesting... could you then return the two GT games and keep the free one? Just asking hypothetically, I don't have time to do this kind of run around on TRU, it just seems like a big loophole.[/QUOTE]

Nope, if you return the game, you only get the proportion of the money back. So if each game was $50 and you paid $100, you'd only get $33 back for the game. On the other hand, if you wanted to, you could be 3 games, including two you didn't want, bring back the other two, and get the first for only $33. Not too shabby. I did this last year with one set of games, after deciding I didn't really want two of them.

I tried reading like the first 6 pages but it was too hard to catch up so sorry if this has already been asked but I know portable games aren't included but how about PC games? I could talk my husband into letting me spend the money if I could pick up a medieval PC strategy game for him in the process (the only thing he ever plays), and also can you mix and match games from different platforms?

So does anyone know if I could get like a GC game a PS2 game and a PC game with the b2g1f?

Does anyone know if this deal will work with "premium game packages" too? I'm looking forward to getting that Time Crisis 3 with Dual Guncons if Toysrus carries them.

I'm interested in this as well. Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back