The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

SPECIAL NOTE (B1G1 free on $14.99 and under used games through August 4th):
All used games under $14.99 are buy one get one free through August 4th NOW OVER.

The second post has games that you may want to trade in to Gamestop to transfer some credit from BB to GS. Unfortunately with the end of the $10 extra promo at Gamestop this is much less useful than before. Some people may have the $15 bonus coupon or want to use the current GS deal (trade 3 get an extra 10%, trade 4 get an extra 20%, trade 5 get an extra 30%) so we'll keep that post going until the B1G1 free ends at Blockbuster.

Even though the B1G1 sale is now over, I'm leaving this info up for a few days for those who bought stuff and still want to trade it in to Gamestop (you have till the 10th there).

SPECIAL NOTE #2 (DS Lite's and new DS games now available at most BB stores!):
Starting just on July 15th, most Blockbuster stores got shipments of DS Lites and a wide assortment of new DS games that they've never had for sale in the past. Titles include NSMB, Professor Layton, Mario Party DS, and High School Musical ;).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are currently taking preorders for NCAA 09, Madden 09, Star Wars Force Unleashed, Fallout 3, Soul Calibur IV, and a few others (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values. I'm going to elaborate on the last sentence as people apparently don't understand that when I say regular BB's have the same trade-in values as Gamerush that it means [hightlight]regular Blockbuster stores accept game trade-ins just like Gamerush stores[/highlight].

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. They just started in mid July selling DS Lites at most stores as well. As a result of not selling used hardware, however, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Both Gamerush and regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for new games for a $5 deposit (or you can pay any other amount beyond that). Gamerush stores will get many more games in than the regular stores but unfortunately a preorder at either place is not a guarantee you will get the game. Sometimes they do not get certain titles in even if you preorder them months in advance.

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by many regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Guitar Hero On Tour
High School Musical
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mario Party DS
My Fashion Designer
My Weight Loss Coach
NSMB
Professor Layton
Zoo Tycoon 2
(and a bunch of other older titles they just got in on July 15th)

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Lost Planet Colonies Edition
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Blast Works
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Rock Band bundle
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Wall-E
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

[quote name='kearns710']^^ya i know, but what about the used prices (as in the prices you pay when you buy the game used from bbv)[/quote]

prices are different at every store. For instance several BBV by me have Bioshock for $24.99 while some others have it for $19.99

[quote name='devildr1ver']prices are different at every store. For instance several BBV by me have Bioshock for $24.99 while some others have it for $19.99[/quote]

that's scanned price or sticker price?

[quote name='rywateska']There are three separate FFRotSS UPC codes. One is for the "regular edition" and the other is for the "regular edition + comic book" or "regular edition +movie ticket". You can tell which version you have by the front artwork. If it shows a mini-comic book or movie ticket, you've got the comic book or movie ticket UPC. Shocking, isn't it?

If you have the comic book'd/movie ticketed UPC, the game will not ring up in system.

/end mystery

(edited to include movie ticket information)[/QUOTE]
Good theory but I need to chime in here. I ended up getting FFross for Wii at a local Flea Market 2 for $25 (My TRU was sold out!). They were the ones with the comic book in it. I traded in FFross, 1 at each BB I have an acount at, and at one of them the manager came over to the new employee and was helping him perform his first trade-in for me. The manager said, "Scan the game! We have a max inventory of each game that we can take and if that number is 0, we can't take it because we have too many." I guess it's like a countdown counter in each BB's system. Lucky for me, no one had traded any in. So, wala! What was crazy, the manage dropped my disc on the floor while inspecting it for scratches. He laughed, picked it up, and said, "Looks good to me" with a straight face. Deal completed!!! Also, today marked the first day of BB selling the game/movie rental pass for $21.99 (only one out at a time of either a movie or a game) and it is OFFICIAL as I bought 1 with my credit! :)

[quote name='UCLAevo']that's scanned price or sticker price?[/quote]

Shit... Does anyone read any previous posts? I've answered the damn question twice on this page.

I'm actually going to ignore stupid questions now. This thread is filled with way to many stupid questions.

Today/night

wii FF ROTSS $30 x 1 zillion
Superstar Tennis $26

360 Viking $32
Condemned 2 $32

PS3 Harry $16

...stopped by an out of the way Sears....new 360 Bad Company Battlefield $13.97 clearance...only one...oops! cashier over rode the $59.99 scan...

Well, I owe this thread (along with the TRU thread) a word of thanks. I NEVER take advantage of trade in deals to this extent, but I'm actually a somewhat brokeassgamer right now so I decided for once I would really use this deal.

I bought 2 copies of Fantastic 4 Wii for $8ish and got Guitar Hero Aerosmith for the Wii for free with the $60 TIV.

Then this weekend I decided that I was going to see if I could really push the deal. Today at lunch I grabbed 6 more copies of Fantastic 4 and called BB to see if I could trade all of them in at once and they said I could.

So tonight I'm the proud owner of Rock Band Wii - and $1.50 in leftover store credit :)

warner,

any idea yet about ringing up multiple games? two 14.99 games and two 9.99 games. will they ring up as 14.99 + 14.99 and the two 9.99 free or 14.99 + 9.99 and a 14.99 and 9.99 free? this is pretty important as i plan on getting 10 or more games at each store and cannot bear the thought of the time spent ringing each pair up separately....

Tomorrow could very well be the first day I use some credit to buy some games from BB and trade them in at GS. Does GS allow trading in of multiple copies of the same game in a single transaction as I know this is frowned upon at BB and could possibly get one banned??? Help me please.

Haha, yeah. Quit the bickering already. Assuming we're talking strictly about corporate stores, both the prices and trade-in values are universal. Most stores/employees just don't really care to stay on top of re-tagging the used games. In that specific example, Bioshock is $19.99, the other store just didn't update the tag.

Concerning the 'which games end up being free' question. If my memory serves me right, you should have them scan a pair of similarly prices games, then the promo barcode, repeat.

So, if you have two $9.99 games and two $14.99 games, they should scan in this order:

$14.99 game
$14.99 game
promo barcode
$9.99 game
$9.99 game
promo barcode

Pretty sure that's how it worked last time, but not 100% positive.

i've never actually looked forward to triple degree weather here in norcal but tomorrow that's diff :) if they actually do give the cheaper game free with the b1g1, you could always just make it into 2 transactions and split up your 14.99 games and 9.99 games that way there would be no confusion. but happy hunting tomorrow people! i know i will and if anyone tomorrow in the east coast could maybe post the code they need for the b1g1 to actually work just in case they can't find it or something that would be helpful.

[quote name='GoVols']Tomorrow could very well be the first day I use some credit to buy some games from BB and trade them in at GS. Does GS allow trading in of multiple copies of the same game in a single transaction as I know this is frowned upon at BB and could possibly get one banned??? Help me please.[/quote]

no i just looked really suspect when i traded in 4 unopened copies of lego star wars. the guy was like " how did you end up with 4 copies of the same game", i was like "those damn relatives and their bday gifts"

[quote name='DarkRider23']Shit... Does anyone read any previous posts? I've answered the damn question twice on this page.

I'm actually going to ignore stupid questions now. This thread is filled with way to many stupid questions.[/quote]

Does anyone not make assumptions? The only answer you provided is 'Prices are universal'. My question was merely 'Was it scanned or sticker price?'. Just because prices are universal, doesn't answer my question. My question is actually to confirm your answer. If it was a sticker price, it's quite possible that the bbv is just out of date. If it was scanned price, then obviously your answer is wrong in some instances.

It's only a stupid question if you assume that you are right 100% of the time. Does it hurt to have a little confirmation, or does your flaming ego not give you any room for that?

all the hoes need to pipe down. as for me, i am going to bed i got work 7-3 tomorrow. expect to hear back from me tomorrow around 5-6 about my journey.

to my fellow cag flippers...i wish you all a good hunt tomorrow

[quote name='crabbit']Called a BB here in Hawaii, they said Wii & PS3 games are not included in the B1G1 deal tomorrow.[/quote]

Yeah... they would be... but they jacked up all the prices of the games that would have qualified to $16.99. However, I noticed tonight a couple of games that hadn't had their tags updated. So, in that case, the clerk might honor the tagged price and do it anyway; who knows.

it's just like BBV to raise the prices on all the good flippers for tomorrow...grrr...at least ill still have my Twin Snakes and hopefully a couple other games hidden in the store to look forward to..

I'll probably continue holding out, unless I find something good. Blockbuster is continually adding things to their inventory of gaming systems and accessories. Like I mentioned earlier, I found a Blockbuster that will have Wii's tomorrow, and since people are still not used to the idea of getting that kind of stuff from their local Blockbuster, you may have a better chance of getting it from there instead of at your GameStop. ;)

World Championship Poker: All In is $9 before coupon and edge at gamestop. It will be 6 after edge and coupon. last i heard it got a $12 trade in value at BB. Gonna call tomorrow and see if it is the same TIV. not much but 2x ratio none the less.

[quote name='mkernan']
Concerning the 'which games end up being free' question. If my memory serves me right, you should have them scan a pair of similarly prices games, then the promo barcode, repeat.

So, if you have two $9.99 games and two $14.99 games, they should scan in this order:

$14.99 game
$14.99 game
promo barcode
$9.99 game
$9.99 game
promo barcode

Pretty sure that's how it worked last time, but not 100% positive.[/QUOTE]

Yes, this is how it has always worked in the past. So just make sure they ring them up in the right order.

Sucks about the GS prices going up - maybe they won't change just yet tomorrow. We'll find out soon enough I suppose. I'll add some notes to that bit in the second post, and add World Champ Poker in there.

The folks at Gamestop must be wondering why the hell Viking is so popular all of the sudden when the game sucks!

I saw the inventory at my local BBV for the B1G1 sale and it is pretty weak on stuff to keep. And there were maybe 20 xbox 360 games total that could be flipped to GS.

I actually think Viking is pretty cool in that the fact you build this enormous army over time and then start this huge attack on an army, which climaxes with this siege war. If anything, it's worth a rent. My brother bought it, and while watching, it was pretty engrossing.

[quote name='GoVols']Good theory but I need to chime in here. I ended up getting FFross for Wii at a local Flea Market 2 for $25 (My TRU was sold out!). They were the ones with the comic book in it. I traded in FFross, 1 at each BB I have an acount at, and at one of them the manager came over to the new employee and was helping him perform his first trade-in for me. The manager said, "Scan the game! We have a max inventory of each game that we can take and if that number is 0, we can't take it because we have too many." I guess it's like a countdown counter in each BB's system. Lucky for me, no one had traded any in. So, wala! What was crazy, the manage dropped my disc on the floor while inspecting it for scratches. He laughed, picked it up, and said, "Looks good to me" with a straight face. Deal completed!!! Also, today marked the first day of BB selling the game/movie rental pass for $21.99 (only one out at a time of either a movie or a game) and it is OFFICIAL as I bought 1 with my credit! :)[/QUOTE]

Their max inventory must be pretty high, considering the amount of Bioshock boxes you always see...:whistle2:k

[quote name='UCLAevo']Does anyone not make assumptions? The only answer you provided is 'Prices are universal'. My question was merely 'Was it scanned or sticker price?'. Just because prices are universal, doesn't answer my question. My question is actually to confirm your answer. If it was a sticker price, it's quite possible that the bbv is just out of date. If it was scanned price, then obviously your answer is wrong in some instances.

It's only a stupid question if you assume that you are right 100% of the time. Does it hurt to have a little confirmation, or does your flaming ego not give you any room for that?[/quote]

I guess you didn't read my post about a game with a sticker price of $9.99 ringing up as $6.99, did you? I didn't have to assume I was right with that question because I knew the right answer. It's been asked at least four different times and answered by multiple people already. They still have 6 of them left so I might buy a couple with the B1G1. But, whatever. I'll just stop answering questions.

[quote name='nietzsche74']Their max inventory must be pretty high, considering the amount of Bioshock boxes you always see...:whistle2:k[/quote]

It really depends on how many rental copies they had before. The store closest to me had 8 copies of Spiderman: FOF. Don't know why they had that many for a crap game, but it's good trade fodder so I'm good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I checked up on FF for the Wii in the computer tonight. It a zero in the column for amount of copies available for buy back and the it had some random letters and numbers there. I've never seen that before, normally the system reads 999 for copies available for buy back not matter how many the store has on hand. So someone at corporate clearly changed the code to slow trades.

hey newbie here, i did my first and a few trade tonight, kinda last minute deal.
i spent $275.9 total including edge card. and now i have $508.27 in BB credit. also with one F4 left (didnt have enough time to trade the last one in). i think i did ok for almost double my money in like 4 hours.

Does anyone know the deal tomorrow is going to affect other trade in price at BB?

[quote name='devildr1ver']damn gamestop raised the prices on all the good flips, only good one is fatal inertia.[/QUOTE]

??

I got Sega Superstars Tennis today for $11.69 but it does look like Condemned 2 and Viking are both up to $34.99 now >_<

edit: SST is $29.99 used on GS.com, I guess I'll be buying a lot of copies of Battle for the Pacific and Guitar Hero III :(

I saw a copy of Stranglehold and The Darkness going for $14.99 each today when I rented a movie... I'm pretty pumped.

Went to two stores tonight to hold all the good flips. Got like 30 games waiting for me. Also ran into a lurker CAG as well. The Ventura/Reseda store gave him a hard time (and then me after he left). Tomorrow will be fun before I head to work.

[quote name='DarkRider23']I guess you didn't read my post about a game with a sticker price of $9.99 ringing up as $6.99, did you? I didn't have to assume I was right with that question because I knew the right answer. It's been asked at least four different times and answered by multiple people already. They still have 6 of them left so I might buy a couple with the B1G1. But, whatever. I'll just stop answering questions.[/quote]

Just because YOU got a $9.99 sticker on edf to ring up $6.99, does that actually mean that HE/SHE can't end up with two different prices for bioshock? Just because somebody found a bbv with 50% off used games, does that mean that all bbv's have 50% off used games? No, so obviously there's at least a chance that bioshock actually can ring up with a different price.

I'll probably strike out on all of these but I'm going to check Fifa 07, Bully, and Over G Fighters as possible replacements for Viking/Condemned 2/SST. Dark Sector might work too, as a really bad transfer flip.

so you guy see the blockbusters having their own covers? Will that affect the prices for trade ins to gamestop? Dont they take off refurbishing fees or something of that nature? How much will be docked? Thanks guys.

[quote name='UCLAevo']Just because YOU got a $9.99 sticker on edf to ring up $6.99, does that actually mean that HE/SHE can't end up with two different prices for bioshock? Just because somebody found a bbv with 50% off used games, does that mean that all bbv's have 50% off used games? No, so obviously there's at least a chance that bioshock actually can ring up with a different price.[/quote]

Bioshocks WILL NOT have 2 different prices if they have stickers with two different prices. If you ever noticed the little sticker that they scan, you would have noticed that the stickers are all the SAME for that used game. Unless the stickers are labeled "Xbox 360 Bioshock 1" and "Xbox 360 Bioshock 2" then the prices will NEVER ring up different.

[quote name='c.gibbits']so you guy see the blockbusters having their own covers? Will that affect the prices for trade ins to gamestop? Dont they take off refurbishing fees or something of that nature? How much will be docked? Thanks guys.[/quote]

My BBV's usually have the actual covers for the game. It's really YMMV if the gamestop is going to charge you a $2 or so fee. The GS I do most of my trading in at doesn't do it, but others might.

By the way, Io, thanks for keeping all the information in the OP. Never thanked you for that yet :p. It'll make the hunting down of games a lot easier.

Edit - http://docs.google.com/View?docID=dfk5qdmz_12chmt7cc3&revision=_latest

Really quick table. Instead of printing out a list :). Bold means it's good for the $15 coupon. Italics mean they are the best trades. Edit again (I've edited this post at least 9 times by now) - I missed PSU. That's good for the $15 coupon too.

[quote name='GuardianE']
He's saying that if there are two Blockbusters and they each have a different price for Bioshock on ALL of the copies at their store, it is possible, however unlikely, that each has different prices/specials/sales/discounts/whatever.
[/quote]

The only way that will happen is if one store is a franchise store while the other is a corporate store.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Bioshocks WILL NOT have 2 different prices if they have stickers with two different prices. If you ever noticed the little sticker that they scan, you would have noticed that the stickers are all the SAME for that used game. Unless the stickers are labeled "Xbox 360 Bioshock 1" and "Xbox 360 Bioshock 2" then the prices will NEVER ring up different.[/quote]

You don't understand what he's saying.

He's saying that if there are two Blockbusters and they each have a different price for Bioshock on ALL of the copies at their store, it is possible, however unlikely, that each has different prices/specials/sales/discounts/whatever.

This is evidenced by the YMMV 50% clearance sale in another thread.

Given this, it is only through the scanning of the item at a particular Blockbuster that you can be certain of the price and how it corresponds to the sticker price.

We know that stickers are mislabeled and outdated at BBV constantly. He was just trying to get confirmation that this wasn't an oddball regional thing taking place.

the only way bbv will have different prices for a game is if they are a franchised store, if they are not, they will have a universal used price. and yeah thanks IO, very helpful!

[quote name='c.gibbits']its always just going to be a flat rate of $2? or like a %[/quote]

As far as I know, the $2 fee is a flat rate. I've never been charged anything otherwise. If you're going to be flipping a lot, it might behoove you to recognize which GS in your area are keen on giving out refurb fees. I find that it's very cashier dependent and if you know a reliable GS that doesn't care, you should do most of your trades there.

[quote name='ChunkyLover78']the only way bbv will have different prices for a game is if they are a franchised store, if they are not, they will have a universal used price. and yeah thanks IO, very helpful![/quote]

I then change my oddball regional thing to an oddball franchise thing.

OK, I was bored so I entered all the BB and GS prices/trade-ins in an Excel spreadsheet with formulas to recalculate if any prices change. I pasted the most up-to-date snapshot (including a few new trade-in drops reported in the GS thread) into the second post. The first mess is a comma-delimted version of my spreadsheet that you can import into Excel or just do whatever with. It shows the base GS trade-in value, the amount with Edge + $10 promo, and the amount with Edge + $15 promo. It also shows the profit ratio for both of those cases.

To summarize, if you are using the regular $10 promo at Gamestop, the following are the top transfer games in descending order. All have a ratio over 1.8, meaning you will get at least 1.8 the amount in GS credit than it cost in BB credit with the B1G1 factored in assuming you bought 2 games at the same price - tax, of course, is not included. EDF tops the list at a 3.0 ratio:

Earth Defense Force
Meet The Robinsons
Beautiful Katamari
Lego Star Wars II
Virtua Tennis 3
PSU
Shrek The Third
Spiderman 3
Juiced 2
Bullet Witch
Fantastic 4
Golden Compass
Jumper (again, though, I suspect our latest value for this at GS is too high)
Pirates of the Caribbean 3
Tomb Raider Legend
Top Spin 2
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007
Conan
Ninety-Nine Nights

If you are lucky enough to get the $15 promo to work (scanned coupon or have some originals), these are all over 1.8. Once again, EDF tops the list at 3.72:

Earth Defense Force
Beautiful Katamari
Lego Star Wars II
Virtua Tennis 3
PSU
Shrek The Third
Spiderman 3
Juiced 2
Conan
Ninety-Nine Nights
Armored Core 4
Lord of the Rings BfME II
Need For Speed Most Wanted
Spiderman Friend or Foe
Moto GP 07
Stuntman Ignition
Test Drive Unlimited

So it is pretty clear which games to go after if you have the luxury of a lot of choices!

If I strike up a conversion and be friendly with the GS employee, I don't get charged a refurb fee. The one time I got charged a refurb fee, I told them to take it off and I drove 1/12 of a mile accross the street to the next GS where they gave me full credit.

Wow IO...you are a man among boys. Haha. Awesome job on the lists. Easy print out for me tomorrow rather then having to do all the leg work myself. Cant thank you enough!

[quote name='GuardianE']
Given this, it is only through the scanning of the item at a particular Blockbuster that you can be certain of the price and how it corresponds to the sticker price.

We know that stickers are mislabeled and outdated at BBV constantly. He was just trying to get confirmation that this wasn't an oddball regional thing taking place.[/quote]

Thank you. That is the point.

io, I can't figure out how to import your awesome list to excel. Can u please upload your excel file to one of those free file sharing sites like rapidshare and post a link. I'd greatly appreciate it. We definately all trust u enough to know that you won't sneak a virus in there on us :p

edit: it would also be badass to have your excel formulas so if I find anymore games on my journey tomorrow, I can quickly add them to the spreadsheet and post them (I'm gonna try to hit up 15 BBVs tomorrow with a bunch of GS along the way.)

Traded in a 2nd copy of FF to same BB with no problem (scanned fine). I did have a "scare" today when I went to one of my new BB's and the incompetent worker from another nearby BB was working. I walked in and walked right back out. I hope she didn't notice me as I know for sure that she would have recognized me. I was actually going to trade a 2nd FF there and I had already traded 1 to her BB last week. I ended going to her BB and traded a 2nd FF.

Also, saw Spiderman: FoF 360 priced at $9.99. Good to see they dropped the price to coincide with GS's TIV drop and B1G1. :) I didn't have it scanned. Can anyone confirm?

sweet, thanks for the list and csv, IO. so, basically, every game on that list will get a profit. in other words, as long as the game is on the list - cha ching!

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']io, I can't figure out how to import your awesome list to excel. Can u please upload your excel file to one of those free file sharing sites like rapidshare and post a link. I'd greatly appreciate it. We definately all trust u enough to know that you won't sneak a virus in there on us :p

edit: it would also be badass to have your excel formulas so if I find anymore games on my journey tomorrow, I can quickly add them to the spreadsheet and post them (I'm gonna try to hit up 15 BBVs tomorrow with a bunch of GS along the way.)[/quote]

take the list of records separated by the commas (the ugly, not really human legible list), copy/paste into notepad, save as something.csv. then, open that csv file with excel (should be defaulted to excel) and you're off and running.

Thanks for all the nices lists io and everyone who contributed! Swung by GS on the way to work and got several $15 trade 2 bonus coupons so i'm ready to roll in the morning with the real things in hand to back my copies. And wow this thread EXPLODED while I was gone tonight!

Wow, thanks IO!

Just a quick question -- is Stranglehold still viable as a flip-back to GS? I saw some 360 CE's getting restickered at $16.99 today, but I didn't see the other versions, and I know it had been brought up earlier.

Now we just need a list of 360 games that can be used with the coupon to send some GS cred back to Blockbuster for some serious credit laundering.

[quote name='UCLAevo']take the list of records separated by the commas (the ugly, not really human legible list), copy/paste into notepad, save as something.csv. then, open that csv file with excel (should be defaulted to excel) and you're off and running.[/quote]

Thanks. Worked like a charm. Maybe I can put the formulas in myself if I find more good flips at the BBV's ive never been to before.

[quote name='io']OK, I was bored so I entered all the BB and GS prices/trade-ins in an Excel spreadsheet with formulas to recalculate if any prices change. I pasted the most up-to-date snapshot (including a few new trade-in drops reported in the GS thread) into the second post. The first mess is a comma-delimted version of my spreadsheet that you can import into Excel or just do whatever with. It shows the base GS trade-in value, the amount with Edge + $10 promo, and the amount with Edge + $15 promo. It also shows the profit ratio for both of those cases.

To summarize, if you are using the regular $10 promo at Gamestop, the following are the top transfer games in descending order. All have a ratio over 1.8, meaning you will get at least 1.8 the amount in GS credit than it cost in BB credit with the B1G1 factored in assuming you bought 2 games at the same price - tax, of course, is not included. EDF tops the list at a 3.0 ratio:

Earth Defense Force
Meet The Robinsons
Beautiful Katamari
Lego Star Wars II
Virtua Tennis 3
PSU
Shrek The Third
Spiderman 3
Juiced 2
Bullet Witch
Fantastic 4
Golden Compass
Jumper (again, though, I suspect our latest value for this at GS is too high)
Pirates of the Caribbean 3
Tomb Raider Legend
Top Spin 2
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007
Conan
Ninety-Nine Nights

If you are lucky enough to get the $15 promo to work (scanned coupon or have some originals), these are all over 1.8. Once again, EDF tops the list at 3.72:

Earth Defense Force
Beautiful Katamari
Lego Star Wars II
Virtua Tennis 3
PSU
Shrek The Third
Spiderman 3
Juiced 2
Conan
Ninety-Nine Nights
Armored Core 4
Lord of the Rings BfME II
Need For Speed Most Wanted
Spiderman Friend or Foe
Moto GP 07
Stuntman Ignition
Test Drive Unlimited

So it is pretty clear which games to go after if you have the luxury of a lot of choices![/quote]

And these are all 360 games just to be clear? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back