The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

SPECIAL NOTE (B1G1 free on $14.99 and under used games through August 4th):
All used games under $14.99 are buy one get one free through August 4th NOW OVER.

The second post has games that you may want to trade in to Gamestop to transfer some credit from BB to GS. Unfortunately with the end of the $10 extra promo at Gamestop this is much less useful than before. Some people may have the $15 bonus coupon or want to use the current GS deal (trade 3 get an extra 10%, trade 4 get an extra 20%, trade 5 get an extra 30%) so we'll keep that post going until the B1G1 free ends at Blockbuster.

Even though the B1G1 sale is now over, I'm leaving this info up for a few days for those who bought stuff and still want to trade it in to Gamestop (you have till the 10th there).

SPECIAL NOTE #2 (DS Lite's and new DS games now available at most BB stores!):
Starting just on July 15th, most Blockbuster stores got shipments of DS Lites and a wide assortment of new DS games that they've never had for sale in the past. Titles include NSMB, Professor Layton, Mario Party DS, and High School Musical ;).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are currently taking preorders for NCAA 09, Madden 09, Star Wars Force Unleashed, Fallout 3, Soul Calibur IV, and a few others (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values. I'm going to elaborate on the last sentence as people apparently don't understand that when I say regular BB's have the same trade-in values as Gamerush that it means [hightlight]regular Blockbuster stores accept game trade-ins just like Gamerush stores[/highlight].

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. They just started in mid July selling DS Lites at most stores as well. As a result of not selling used hardware, however, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Both Gamerush and regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for new games for a $5 deposit (or you can pay any other amount beyond that). Gamerush stores will get many more games in than the regular stores but unfortunately a preorder at either place is not a guarantee you will get the game. Sometimes they do not get certain titles in even if you preorder them months in advance.

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by many regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Guitar Hero On Tour
High School Musical
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mario Party DS
My Fashion Designer
My Weight Loss Coach
NSMB
Professor Layton
Zoo Tycoon 2
(and a bunch of other older titles they just got in on July 15th)

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Lost Planet Colonies Edition
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Blast Works
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Rock Band bundle
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Wall-E
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

if you use the $15 for every 2 next-gen games coupon/card, does the computer automatically apply it to every pair of games you trade in for the transaction, or does it only do it once for 1 pair of games?

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Does that mean Bioshock has gone up 5 dollars at BBV? Im a sad panda :whistle2:|[/quote]
No, it means I bought it awhile ago. It's dropped $5 since when I bought it. ;)

[quote name='donut']Please read the first two posts and just print a the list of games to take with you and avoid the $1 GS games.[/QUOTE]

not $1 games, but games that I knew the TIV. The BB by me just recently put a bunch of games in a bin, and the games I had previously gotten were a bit lower. Over the past 2 days they've periodically put more games in that bin. Today the woman put 6-8 Tony hawk project 8s in it. The place doesn't have a GR so the employees are sort of slow with the games. For instance I bought Cars, just cause, ect. About $3 TIV, which is fine by me $6 each pair not bad. But yesterday after I got them they put out TS2 and 2 PSU and so on, more like $4-5 tiv. So I decided instead of getting them I'd just return the ones I have. They did this like 4 times, but the newest stuff sucks ( mostly xbox games)

Now that I have some Bb credit I might go back and get those $3 tiv games that I returned.

hmm i wonder if blockbuster will be getting Unreal Tournament III or Civ Revolution for 360 at some point? I've got Viking and Condemned 2 that I wanna flip for a new game, but I might wait if they are going to get one of these in...

So far I've added about 20 360 games to my collection, all for $7.50 or less (a lot less if you consider the fact that I converted $40 real world dollars into $270 credit via Fantastic Four Wii @ TRU):

Armored Core 4
Beautiful Katamari
Bullet Witch
Call of Duty 3
Conan
Earth Defense Force 2017
Eragon (grr, can't find any where that will take this off me for more than $1 lol)
Juiced 2
Lara Croft Tomb Raider Legend
Lego Star Wars II
Moto GP 07
NBA Street Homecourt
Need for Speed Most Wanted
Phantasy Star Universe
Saint's Row
Sega Rally Revo
Stranglehold (CE)
Stuntman Ignition
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 8

:)

[quote name='swetooth9']if you use the $15 for every 2 next-gen games coupon/card, does the computer automatically apply it to every pair of games you trade in for the transaction, or does it only do it once for 1 pair of games?[/quote]

it only applies it once to 1 pair. if you try to trade any more games in the card will not work. i spent almost an hour the other day trading in 22 games. the guy was trying to be nice and let me use the card for every pair of games that qualified for the extra $15. thing is he insisted that he would be able to do it all in the same transaction. he finally listened to me after 30 minutes and ended up doing separate transactions.

input: $104 cash spent + trading my own Blitz the league 360 + around $15 gas used + around 6 hours spent
to: $240 GS, $70 BBV
to: $150 GS, $230 BBV
tomorrow, if prices hold, I will finish with about: $250 GS, $250 BBV

$104 -> $500 ain't bad....it's no 1:7 ratio like some of you beasts out there...but i'll take it

thanks again, io, and all of you cag's for posting up on prices and such

hopefully, there will be a good opportunity for me to move most of my BBV credit to GS..i really don't buy stuff at BBV at all (i like buying used at GS with my edge card + possibly coupons)...ideally, i'd like to keep around $80 at BBV and move the rest to GS, but alas, this is good enough for now

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='freshzen']Eragon (grr, can't find any where that will take this off me for more than $1 lol)
[/quote]

posted this before, but ill post it again. $9.99 games trade into bbv for $6 and $14.99 games trade in for $8, so you'll get $6 if you trade in eragon to bbv.

[quote name='swetooth9']if you use the $15 for every 2 next-gen games coupon/card, does the computer automatically apply it to every pair of games you trade in for the transaction, or does it only do it once for 1 pair of games?[/quote]

it only applies it once to 1 pair. if you try to trade any more games in the card will not work. i spent almost an hour the other day trading in 22 games. the guy was trying to be nice and let me use the card for every pair of games that qualified for the extra $15. thing is he insisted that he would be able to do it all in the same transaction. he finally listened to me after 30 minutes and ended up doing separate transactions.

Was able to find both a mislabelled SvR 2008 (360) and a un-re-labled MLB Power Pros (Wii) for 14.99. Took them awhile to do the override, but since it was their mistake...:) Wasnt really looking for SvR 08 as I *just* picked up SvR07 (havent even played it yet) and I dont really need 2 wrestling games. But I *did* really want Power Pros so getting it this way was a no-brainer.

Havent done a *whole* lot of flipping as I didnt know my loacl BBVs took trade-ins till today (there are no signs or anything asking you to trade stuff in). Though I basically took $50 real world and an old Kameo and turned it into $50 GS credit + 5 games. I'll take it :)

[quote name='ghozt']posted this before, but ill post it again. $9.99 games trade into bbv for $6 and $14.99 games trade in for $8, so you'll get $6 if you trade in eragon to bbv.

it only applies it once to 1 pair. if you try to trade any more games in the card will not work. i spent almost an hour the other day trading in 22 games. the guy was trying to be nice and let me use the card for every pair of games that qualified for the extra $15. thing is he insisted that he would be able to do it all in the same transaction. he finally listened to me after 30 minutes and ended up doing separate transactions.[/quote]

so, i have to do 2 trade transactions?

1: 2 games with the $15 coupon
2: the rest of the games that will all do the $10 promo?

[quote name='swetooth9']so, i have to do 2 trade transactions?

1: 2 games with the $15 coupon
2: the rest of the games that will all do the $10 promo?[/QUOTE]

Exactly

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']

Question: Was I an Idiot for not picking up History Channel: Battle for The Pacific and World series of poker? The GS I went to had 2 BOTP and 2 WSOP... If it is worth it I will go get them alter today. Please tell me.
[/quote]

If you're going to trade others to BB, why not picking those also? It still gives a positive credit.

[quote name='gi60']If you're going to trade others to BB, why not picking those also? It still gives a positive credit.[/QUOTE]

yes I realize that now, but I dont want to go get them now. I did however go to my very close GS and traded in madded 08 and TS2, and grabbed another Harry Potter and Def Jam icon, 9.99 and 8.99. Traded those in at BB for 16 and 13. Bought 4 more b1g1 games, but the woman beast-woman had to call up my original BB where I signed up this morning and asked what game I just traded in recently. Of course Harry Potter, so now she said this is the last HP you can trade in. HUH? Cant they do that? Maybe I bought several as gifts but never got around to giving them away. Anyway, I got Enchanted Arms, Flatout, Chromehounds, and Battle for middle earth. Ended up ~36-37 GS credit. So now I have

$70 GS and $39 BB - initial $35 money.

Plus I still got Blue Dragon to play. And I dont think I'll trade it in since I only have one game left (blue dragon) that I would trade in.

So after you guys do this flipping thing, do you lay low for a bit or what? I'm not going back to that BB, they are pricks, although they had a lot of good TIV b1g1 games left.

So are most of you "professional" flippers done for now? Just wait until the next sale, b2g1 perhaps?

also, what was the deal with stranglehold and BB. I missed that, was it some major flip job. Just curious since I saw a stranglehold PS3&360 for 17.99 at the GS I was at.

Picked up today:

Suikoden IV - $15
Valkyrie Profile II - $15
Pikmin - $9.99
Trivial Pursuit Unhinged (xbox)- $9.99
Rumble Roses XX - $9.99 (may go back for the other 2 copies they had if I get in the mood to build credit at Gamestop)
Phantasy Star Universe (360) - $9.99

Saw a We Love Katamari for $20...passed on it...price tag was from 4/08 so I figured it was accurate. Saw a Psychonauts (Xbox) for $9.99...may get that next time I'm in with one of the Rumble Roses. Passed on some decent Gamecube games (Mario Kart, Mario Golf, Paper Mario, Battalion Wars). May go back for the Battalion Wars if I can find something to match with it.

[quote name='freshzen']So far I've added about 20 360 games to my collection, all for $7.50 or less (a lot less if you consider the fact that I converted $40 real world dollars into $270 credit via Fantastic Four Wii @ TRU):

Armored Core 4
Beautiful Katamari
Bullet Witch
Call of Duty 3
Conan
Earth Defense Force 2017
Eragon (grr, can't find any where that will take this off me for more than $1 lol)
Juiced 2
Lara Croft Tomb Raider Legend
Lego Star Wars II
Moto GP 07
NBA Street Homecourt
Need for Speed Most Wanted
Phantasy Star Universe
Saint's Row
Sega Rally Revo
Stranglehold (CE)
Stuntman Ignition
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 8

:)[/quote]Its funny, so many of us are flipping at GS, but there are some decent games to be added to a collection for a good price. If I could find just one copy of Katamari that was complete and in nice condition, I'd easily keep that for 7.50. Unfortunately, the few games I'm intersted in or don't already have are always disc only in crummy condition.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Of course I wouldn't have said anything...no one here would say anything. I guess I wasn't too clear with my brief comment. Maybe I should've said "Don't encourage people to do this to see if it works. That's a form of stealing." What you benefited from was a mistake on their end. I'm just saying don't encourage others to try it to see if it works again.:whistle2:$[/quote]

I actually point this sort of thing out to cashiers that try to give me free stuff by accident all the time. I couldn't sleep at night otherwise. This conversation belongs in the morality thread though.

[quote name='guinaevere']Its funny, so many of us are flipping at GS, but there are some decent games to be added to a collection for a good price. If I could find just one copy of Katamari that was complete and in nice condition, I'd easily keep that for 7.50. Unfortunately, the few games I'm intersted in or don't already have are always disc only in crummy condition.[/QUOTE]

Thats the only game I have been trying to find at BB to keep but cant, tried 3 so far. Ahh I give up on flipping for now, I turned roughly $35 into $110 total credit at both places so enough for now.

By the way how can these stores prevent you from flipping? If I want to trade in 15 harry potters, damnit why the f*ck not. Too bad if you accept more than another store, you sell it for more and thats your problem. Sorry, but the beat-woman at BB today freaked me out.

$130 (my cash)----> $460 into BB ----> $700+ at GS.

All from this month alone. 4x mlb2k8 got 144(i spent 60) F4 got 240(spent 32) Stranglehold got 66(spent 38). 130-->700+=win!

[quote name='cheapskate01']$130 (my cash)----> $460 into BB ----> $700+ at GS.

All from this month alone. 4x mlb2k8 got 144(i spent 60) F4 got 240(spent 32) Stranglehold got 66(spent 38). 130-->700+=win![/QUOTE]

whats the deal with stranglehold? tell me I missed the event.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']whats the deal with stranglehold? tell me I missed the event.[/quote]

It was a 2x flip from GS to BB a couple of weeks ago I believe.

I don't have many more games to flip so this really sucks. I have 4-6 games left at BB that I can flip to GS. I checked a new BB today and they had almost nothing.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']whats the deal with stranglehold? tell me I missed the event.[/quote]

it traded in for $35 dollars or around that for both ps3 and the collectors edition 360. people bought it at gamestop for like 15 to 18 dollars.
one time the used price of SH went from like 55 to 15 on sunday but since BB change TIV on tuesdays they still bought it for like 30+ dollars on sunday and monday

[quote name='guinaevere']Its funny, so many of us are flipping at GS, but there are some decent games to be added to a collection for a good price. If I could find just one copy of Katamari that was complete and in nice condition, I'd easily keep that for 7.50. Unfortunately, the few games I'm intersted in or don't already have are always disc only in crummy condition.[/quote]

I've flipped over 40 games this week and the only one that I didn't have my own copy of was Virtua Tennis 3. I would've kept the one I picked up, but it was in a blockbuster case, was scratched up, and had no manual.

Well today was my second to last day of the massive flipping event. Tomorrow I'm heading up to the 2 BBVs and 3 GSs near my work. I have $28 in credit to use up at one of those Blockbusters as well. After flipping today I snagged:

Jumper (Flipping on Goozex. Wouldn't buy this one for myself)
Mad Catz Arcade Stick

PSP
Burnout Dominator
Fight Night Round 3
From Russia with Love
Gangs of London
Godfather Mob Wars
Platypus
Race Driver 2006
Star Trek Tactical Assault
Yu Gi Oh GX Tag Force
Virtua Tennis 3

When the day was done I ended up with $211 Gamestop credit and $91 Blockbuster credit. So far everything I got has cost me no credit whatsoever. I'm currently up to 21 PSP games, 12 360 games, and the Mad Catz arcade stick for free.

[quote name='msam']One Gamestop by me got two MGS4 PS3 Bundles today, and one was reserved, so I quickly snatched one up after all of this week's flipping - $205 for a PS3, not bad I would say :)

All in all, flipped about 65-70 games, and still have 40 dollars in BBV credit and 36 @ gamestop.

Also, take this next bit of info with a grain of salt: The guy at GS who rung me up for the PS3 told me that not only are they discontinuing the MGS4 bundle model soon (old news), but that MGS4 is allegedly being ported over to the Xbox 360 and may be available by December. Apparently, Konami is losing a lot of money creating the game, and they need to reach a wider audience. Obviously it would most likely be available in multi-disc format, but I didn't even know about this rumor and I keep up with this sort of stuff. Has anyone else heard information like this?[/quote]

[quote name='Zunker']Was told new Gamestop coupon is going to be 25% off used PS3 games. Hopefully opens up new trade options.[/quote]

Oh baby I can only hope! Ill even pick up a couple of games to keep. Heh.

Mmmmm Burnout Paradise for $25 out the door. And Warhawk for $20 out the door. Yep Ill be picking both of those up if thats the coupon.

[quote name='guinaevere']Its funny, so many of us are flipping at GS, but there are some decent games to be added to a collection for a good price. If I could find just one copy of Katamari that was complete and in nice condition, I'd easily keep that for 7.50. Unfortunately, the few games I'm intersted in or don't already have are always disc only in crummy condition.[/quote]
I'll keep an eye out for an extra one. :)

I've come across two in two stores, both in BB cases but complete (cover and manual) - I've got a few spare 360 cases too.

[quote name='Zunker']Was told new Gamestop coupon is going to be 25% off used PS3 games. Hopefully opens up new trade options.[/quote]

That's good news. Now I got some hmwk figuring out what are good ps3 GS->BBV flips

What are the odds of my finding a used copy of MGS4 at GS?

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']That's good news. Now I got some hmwk figuring out what are good ps3 GS->BBV flips

What are the odds of my finding a used copy of MGS4 at GS?[/quote]

use the online store locator and input your zip code

[quote name='CaoPi']use the online store locator and input your zip code[/quote]

As of right now, they don't have used copies of games that new on the website yet. Maybe you should double check your own advice before dispensing it.

Is it unwise to trade in all my GS crap at one BB? I dont really want to go to 2 or 3 seperate ones. For future, incase the new ps3 coupon comes. I'll be waiting tomorrow, since I'm new at this flipping deal, I'm hoping you flipmasters post a shitload.

edit: at the Irvine GS I went to today they had one MGS4 used. But they had very little ps3 games, but I did notice Stranglehold, but I guess I missed that flip.

I found two mint ones and just couldn't trade them in.
PM sent for my extra...;)

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Is it unwise to trade in all my GS crap at one BB? I dont really want to go to 2 or 3 seperate ones. For future, incase the new ps3 coupon comes. I'll be waiting tomorrow, since I'm new at this flipping deal, I'm hoping you flipmasters post a shitload.

edit: at the Irvine GS I went to today they had one MGS4 used. But they had very little ps3 games, but I did notice Stranglehold, but I guess I missed that flip.[/quote]

Try not to double up too much at that BB. I've traded in all my games at the same BB, but I haven't traded in more than a single copy of a game yet. And my BB>GS trading in has been at the same GS all the time.

Edit - Lets also get the PS3 trades started! The only game I've seen that has potential is History Channel: Battle for the Pacific. It costs $16.24 and if it follows the same trade-in as the 360 version it gets $25.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Try not to double up too much at that BB. I've traded in all my games at the same GS, but I haven't traded in more than a single copy of a game yet.[/QUOTE]

hmm, so if i only trade in a single copy that should be fine. So I'll jsut keep track of what I've trade in for now. I'll avoid trading those in in the future. But is it ok to trade the same copy of a game at another BB?

The woman at the "evil" BB said that my info wouldn't be in the system for 3 days. huh? So she called up the original BB and got my info. She also asked what game I traded in (i'd traded in Condemned 2 and HP), and harry potter came up, so she said thats the last harry potter you can trade in. What do you make of that? I thought it would be ok since the OP said the other Bb stores cant see your previous trades at other stores.

edit: I'd also like to get started on ps3 flippable games. Seeing that I've already missed alot of flips. well atm, Harry potter ( 9.99 -> 16) and DJ: icon (8.99 -> 13) aren't bad, if they have some at your gamestop. I'm sure its been mention several times, but a good quick one if you spot some.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']By the way how can these stores prevent you from flipping? If I want to trade in 15 harry potters, damnit why the f*ck not. Too bad if you accept more than another store, you sell it for more and thats your problem. Sorry, but the beat-woman at BB today freaked me out.[/quote]

I'd say it makes a hell of a lot of sense. They're already going to have trouble selling a couple of the same game that are being dropped on them, not to mention 15; I'm neither bashing flipping nor hosting a pity parade for BB, just saying that it's an understandable limitation.

[quote name='Agrippan']I'd say it makes a hell of a lot of sense. They're already going to have trouble selling a couple of the same game that are being dropped on them, not to mention 15; I'm neither bashing flipping nor hosting a pity parade for BB, just saying that it's an understandable limitation.[/QUOTE]

its very understandable, but how can they prevent you. Is it in fine print somewhere? Honestly because I dont know.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']hmm, so if i only trade in a single copy that should be fine. So I'll jsut keep track of what I've trade in for now. I'll avoid trading those in in the future. But is it ok to trade the same copy of a game at another BB?

The woman at the "evil" BB said that my info wouldn't be in the system for 3 days. huh? So she called up the original BB and got my info. She also asked what game I traded in (i'd traded in Condemned 2 and HP), and harry potter came up, so she said thats the last harry potter you can trade in. What do you make of that? I thought it would be ok since the OP said the other Bb stores cant see your previous trades at other stores.

edit: I'd also like to get started on ps3 flippable games. Seeing that I've already missed alot of flips. well atm, Harry potter ( 9.99 -> 16) and DJ: icon (8.99 -> 13) aren't bad, if they have some at your gamestop. I'm sure its been mention several times, but a good quick one if you spot some.[/quote]

I trade at 8 or 9 BBVs regularly. All it takes is one Jr Detective to call every store and get me banned everywhere. That's just how it is. We're not doing anything illegal, but they assume they games must be stolen.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']hmm, so if i only trade in a single copy that should be fine. So I'll jsut keep track of what I've trade in for now. I'll avoid trading those in in the future. But is it ok to trade the same copy of a game at another BB?

edit: I'd also like to get started on ps3 flippable games. Seeing that I've already missed alot of flips. well atm, Harry potter ( 9.99 -> 16) and DJ: icon (8.99 -> 13) aren't bad, if they have some at your gamestop. I'm sure its been mention several times, but a good quick one if you spot some.[/quote]

Don't EVER say you traded in games at a different blockbuster. Act like an idiot. Pretend you don't know what she's talking about. You could have given yourself away ;). BB's cannot see your trading history at other BBs. They will never know what you traded in at a different store unless they call. As per the trade agreement, you are allowed to trade in 2 of the same games.

That woman sounds like she's full of shit and just wanted to check up on what you've traded before. Seems like you have a Jr. Detective on your case already.

Forgot about DJ: Icon. Good catch.

So far guys we have this.

All values are after EDGE + 25% off used PS3 games coupon.

:ps3:Harry Potter: OotP - $9.99(NEW)->$16
:ps3:Def Jam: Icon - $8.99(NEW)->$13
:ps3:History Channel: BftP $16.24->$25?

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I trade at 8 or 9 BBVs regularly. All it takes is one Jr Detective to call every store and get me banned everywhere. That's just how it is. We're not doing anything illegal, but they assume they games must be stolen.[/QUOTE]

weaksauce. But to be safe since I dont have a multitude of BB/GSs near me I'll limit my trading. Only one type of game from now on. So I'll just have to find a lot of different GS flippable games.

GS though seems pretty layed back when it comes to trade ins. I keep coming in with more crap and jsut say "they're my friends but he doesn't have an edge card." But do you go to different GSs as well and if you do how many?

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']hmm, so if i only trade in a single copy that should be fine. So I'll jsut keep track of what I've trade in for now. I'll avoid trading those in in the future. But is it ok to trade the same copy of a game at another BB?[/quote]

You should be fine just trading one copy to several stores. It's when you trade two copies that could trigger the attention of a manager who spends their free time watching too much CSI and wants to uncover some sinister plot ...

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']So she called up the original BB and got my info. She also asked what game I traded in (i'd traded in Condemned 2 and HP), and harry potter came up, so she said thats the last harry potter you can trade in. What do you make of that? I thought it would be ok since the OP said the other Bb stores cant see your previous trades at other stores.[/quote]

They can if they call other stores. (Which is why I'm not on good terms with a couple BBVs that shared notes on how many Fantastic 4's I traded in -- I traded in two at several stores.)

[quote name='DarkRider23']Don't EVER say you traded in games at a different blockbuster. Act like an idiot. Pretend you don't know what she's talking about. You could have given yourself away ;). BB's cannot see your trading history at other BBs. They will never know what you traded in at a different store unless they call. As per the trade agreement, you are allowed to trade in 2 of the same games.

That woman sounds like she's full of shit and just wanted to check up on what you've traded before. Seems like you have a Jr. Detective on your case already.

Forgot about DJ: Icon. Good catch.[/QUOTE]

thanks I didn't know about teh trade agreement. Ok so I can actually trade in another DJ: icon. So I'll limit to 2 per game if thats the rule. Just not at once I pressume. I was just guessing on DJ: icon. Since I knew I was going to trade in HP anyways I grabbed it. I knew it have $6 at GS so I'd get some tiv no matter what.

I forgot to ask this but...

seeing as I have now $70 GS and $39 BB credit, what do you guys think I can with it. With not crazy flipping, just a few games a week maybe.

[quote name='FrankMcCutcheon']Do you guys keep your blockbuster credit on one gift card or multiple ones?[/quote]

I keep it all on one. Nothing suspicious about it if you ask me. It caps at $500 so remember that. I did have an employee chuckle once when he saw I had $98 on it. Can't wait til he sees it maxed out :).

Just called BB and the TIV for HC: BftP is $30. Almost a 2x flip!

(All prices after EDGE+Coupon)
:ps3:Harry Potter: OotP - $9.99(NEW)->$16
:ps3:Def Jam: Icon - $8.99(NEW)->$13
:ps3:History Channel: BftP $16.24->$30

[quote name='FrankMcCutcheon']Do you guys keep your blockbuster credit on one gift card or multiple ones?[/QUOTE]

ahh, me also curious. I have mine on one card. Is it better to spread it out to not be suspicious.

edit: nvm I dont ever plan to get to 1000, but maybe I will. If I get into this flipping thing more.

[quote name='funkflexmctough']Grabbed 4 more keepers today

Starfox Assault GC $5
Family Guy Video Game xbox $5
Platypus psp $3.50
Arcade Unplugged 360 $3.50[/quote]

wtf, arcade unplugged for only 3.50?

nice

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']its very understandable, but how can they prevent you. Is it in fine print somewhere? Honestly because I dont know.[/quote]

Technically, you can only trade in up to two copies of the same game on a given day - that's actually in writing on the trade agreement.

[quote name='Agrippan']Technically, you can only trade in up to two copies of the same game on a given day - that's actually in writing on the trade agreement.[/QUOTE]

wait on a given day???? Some one please clarify this I'm now confused.

[quote name='FrankMcCutcheon']Do you guys keep your blockbuster credit on one gift card or multiple ones?[/quote]

i don't let them get much over 100 bucks each...idk, but if i was an employee at BBV, i'd be suspicious if you had 200+ credit on a card

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back