The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

SPECIAL NOTE (B1G1 free on $14.99 and under used games through August 4th):
All used games under $14.99 are buy one get one free through August 4th NOW OVER.

The second post has games that you may want to trade in to Gamestop to transfer some credit from BB to GS. Unfortunately with the end of the $10 extra promo at Gamestop this is much less useful than before. Some people may have the $15 bonus coupon or want to use the current GS deal (trade 3 get an extra 10%, trade 4 get an extra 20%, trade 5 get an extra 30%) so we'll keep that post going until the B1G1 free ends at Blockbuster.

Even though the B1G1 sale is now over, I'm leaving this info up for a few days for those who bought stuff and still want to trade it in to Gamestop (you have till the 10th there).

SPECIAL NOTE #2 (DS Lite's and new DS games now available at most BB stores!):
Starting just on July 15th, most Blockbuster stores got shipments of DS Lites and a wide assortment of new DS games that they've never had for sale in the past. Titles include NSMB, Professor Layton, Mario Party DS, and High School Musical ;).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are currently taking preorders for NCAA 09, Madden 09, Star Wars Force Unleashed, Fallout 3, Soul Calibur IV, and a few others (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values. I'm going to elaborate on the last sentence as people apparently don't understand that when I say regular BB's have the same trade-in values as Gamerush that it means [hightlight]regular Blockbuster stores accept game trade-ins just like Gamerush stores[/highlight].

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. They just started in mid July selling DS Lites at most stores as well. As a result of not selling used hardware, however, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Both Gamerush and regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for new games for a $5 deposit (or you can pay any other amount beyond that). Gamerush stores will get many more games in than the regular stores but unfortunately a preorder at either place is not a guarantee you will get the game. Sometimes they do not get certain titles in even if you preorder them months in advance.

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by many regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Guitar Hero On Tour
High School Musical
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mario Party DS
My Fashion Designer
My Weight Loss Coach
NSMB
Professor Layton
Zoo Tycoon 2
(and a bunch of other older titles they just got in on July 15th)

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Lost Planet Colonies Edition
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Blast Works
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Rock Band bundle
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Wall-E
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

Damn... I just bought a used one at 12.99 with 10% off + Edge and immediately flipped it.

Oh well... I'll pick up more as soon as it gets to 9.99

Man!!!! It looks like I may have to abuse Octomania some more. This is the best scenario possible, use $10 GS credit and convert to $23 BBV credit. To this point, I've raided my local Best Buys and was really happy paying $10 in cash for $23 BBV credit. My problem is going to be dumping it @ BBV, I have 6 trade accounts and I've already unloaded 2 copies of Octomania @ each. Plus, I can just sense my flipping act is wearing out it's welcome at these places, I've been trading in a ton of absolute garbage with high TIVs (Octomania, Blacksite, etc..) over the past 3-4 weeks. I keep thinking I should cool it, but a 2.3x ratio with no cash out of pocket will be hard to resist. Plus, even BBV is going to have to figure-out the worthlesness of this game, considering their major competitiors are selling it for $10 new. All the more reason for one final flipping push....

[quote name='nlyonssmith']This is what I was thinking too IO. What's that sound like to you Warner...?[/quote]

Too early for me to tell. I'll try and figure it out this coming Sunday/Tuesday. See if I can't make sense of some of this nonsense.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']I still user the analog way... ;)[/quote]

Saw your map...Many of those stores you have listed are visited by CAGs on a regular basis. I know myself visit the GR in GG daily.

First come, first served...but hey good luck. Its what makes flipping fun.

Quick dumb question... I have multiple trading accounts... but only one bbv membership card. I put the credit on the card at "store Y" so will that credit transfer over to "store X" if I wanted to use it?

[quote name='thedream77']Man!!!! It looks like I may have to abuse Octomania some more. This is the best scenario possible, use $10 GS credit and convert to $23 BBV credit. To this point, I've raided my local Best Buys and was really happy paying $10 in cash for $23 BBV credit. My problem is going to be dumping it @ BBV, I have 6 trade accounts and I've already unloaded 2 copies of Octomania @ each. Plus, I can just sense my flipping act is wearing out it's welcome at these places, I've been trading in a ton of absolute garbage with high TIVs (Octomania, Blacksite, etc..) over the past 3-4 weeks. I keep thinking I should cool it, but a 2.3x ratio with no cash out of pocket will be hard to resist. Plus, even BBV is going to have to figure-out the worthlesness of this game, considering their major competitiors are selling it for $10 new. All the more reason for one final flipping push....[/quote]

These are the types of posts with no new info but just highlight what needs to Not be highlighted for corporate,
noncontributors/lurkers hopefully these are edited in the new thread created.

brilliant, just brilliant

Back to topic
PS2
Bratz The Movie
Spongebob Atlantis
Bratz Rock Angels $2.99
Disney Enchanted Journey $14.99
Xenosaga III $14.99

XBox
Star Wars Republic Commander

GC
Animal Crossing

Should be positive trades via notes and TIVs from GS over the phone this morning.

[quote name='Brenex']hm my spreadsheet has this: Xenosaga 3 $7.00 $7.70 $8.40 $9.10 $9.80 $10.50 22/07/08[/quote]

ok, but what does this have to do with today?? 7/31? GS changes TIVs daily and it appears BB is going that direction with all the info we highlight to them repeatedly.
Or the cost at BB?
and haven't you posted the link with multiple posts in at least 2 threads?

Sorry but this is just out of hand, members who post on almost every page and clutter it with no new info, the rare "info" posts get buried and even these same members miss a posted TIV drop! Fatal....the clutter also lends itself to redundant questions .... please consider just keeping it simple with new info to share ...the Op does an Excellent job :applause: keeping the first page updated and less non info posts will allow members to spot new info before heading out the door....

[quote name='DaDeuce']I think Xenosaga III has been going for around $30 on ebay....[/quote]
Did you just check? I did and it took less than a minute.
Actually a couple complete have just sold for $10.xx..then subtract EB/PP fees, and ship it ... now $9.80 TIV is worth considering.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='donut']Sorry but this is just out of hand, members who post on almost every page and clutter it with no new info, the rare "info" posts get buried and even these same members miss a posted TIV drop! Fatal....the clutter also lends itself to redundant questions .... please consider just keeping it simple with new info to share ...the Op does an Excellent job :applause: keeping the first page updated and less non info posts will allow members to spot new info before heading out the door....

[/quote]

If the only things posted were TIV and deals, this would make it easier for the lurkers looking to feed off deals found by true CAG's.
Personally I look foward to reading about the adventures and misadventures of fellow flippers. Whether their stories include new information or not. It may take some time to find the latest info, but it is no harder then typing "trade in value" into the search box and you will get all the posts with that in it.

GS -> BB

Wii - Octomania (new) $14.99 -> $23.00
PS3 - History Channel: BftP $19.99 (after EDGE + 10% coupon) -> $26.00
360 - World Series of Poker 2008 $15.99 (EDGE + coupon) -> $22.00

Picked up some games at Blockbuster...

PS2
Rogue Galaxy ($14.99)
Manhunt 2 x 2 ($9.99)
Bee Movie Game ($9.99)
Power Rangers: Super Legends ($9.99)
Iridium Runners x 2 ($4.99)

Tony Hawk's Proving Ground ($14.99)
Spider-Man: Friend or Foe ($12.99)
Golden Compass ($9.99)

Going to the mall later to trade these in... just to confirm, GS generally has no problem taking multiples, right? I could trade them in to two different GS's, but I'm not sure if it's even worth the trouble.

I went to a gamestop yesterday and the lad doing my tradein said they do not take multiples (perhaps just that location?) Since then I just go to different gamestops if I pick up 2 or 3 of the same game. Try to get 5 doubles make two sets to take in when that happens. I guess YMMY.

[quote name='makstaks'] I asked one store if i could look through their stack of Gamecube games and ended up buying these...

:gc:
Zelda Twilight Princess $14.99 / $21
Zelda Wind Waker $14.99 / $9.80
Mario Party 5 $14.99 / $14
Super Smash Brothers Melee $14.99 / $14

Windwaker was the only one with a case on the racks.[/quote]

Just wanted to bump this post. These are confirmed purchase and TIV prices (not in post#2 yet).

[quote name='donut']These are the types of posts with no new info but just highlight what needs to Not be highlighted for corporate,
noncontributors/lurkers hopefully these are edited in the new thread created.

brilliant, just brilliant

Back to topic
PS2
Bratz The Movie
Spongebob Atlantis
Bratz Rock Angels $2.99
Disney Enchanted Journey $14.99
Xenosaga III $14.99

XBox
Star Wars Republic Commander

GC
Animal Crossing

Should be positive trades via notes and TIVs from GS over the phone this morning.[/quote]

You're joking right. This entire thread, board, website highlights these opportunites for anyone, including "corporate". I doubt my single Octomania thread is the tipping point for anything. My point is that now is probably the best time to move on this one, since this particular flip has been around for a few weeks and won't last forever.....

[quote name='stone1061']If the only things posted were TIV and deals, this would make it easier for the lurkers looking to feed off deals found by true CAG's.
Personally I look foward to reading about the adventures and misadventures of fellow flippers. Whether their stories include new information or not. It may take some time to find the latest info, but it is no harder then typing "trade in value" into the search box and you will get all the posts with that in it.[/quote]

agreed!:applause:

Just scored two Octomania's at BB Grand Rapids 28th Street (four on the shelves left two). $9.99. Also picked up one Dark Sector Guide (left 5) for .01 :)

[quote name='io']I was gonna say, WTF? VT3 (for PSP) has always been $6.99 - then I saw there was a typo and I had it as $3.99. It looks like the base trade-in has gone down 50 cents, thus making it even less worthwhile.[/quote]
My apologies, I made a mistake. Base value for PSP - Virtua Tennis 3 is still $2.50, it's PSP - Platypus that has a base trade value of $2.00. Here are two more Gamestop trade values:
Wii - Cooking Mama - $16.80 (30%+Edge)
PS2 - S.L.A.I. Steel Lancer Arena International - $2.10 (30%+Edge) (price $6.99 at BBV)

Wow there are a lot of Orange County, CA CAGs. No wonder the stores were cleaned out when I got back from vacation. How many of you guys (and gals) are new CAGers from the GS and BB/GR ultimate storm from this past month, and how many are old school? I see fullerton is mostly cleaned out and so is garden grove, and orange, so what about anaheim hills?

any PS3 MGS4 bundles sighted in the area?

Here are some more bb trade in prices.

Nintendo Wii:
Jumper $9 ($10 new, or $9 used at gs)
Legend of the Dragon $13 ($10 new, or $13 used at gs)

Gamestop has more nintendo wii games listed at $10 and less (new and used), maybe we can all try to get some more trade in quotes for bb.

Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters (PSP) is a good trade from BBV to GS. 14.99->$7 base, $9.80 with the extras.

Unfortunately Twisted Metal: Head-On (PSP) isn't 9.99->$2.50, $3.50 total.

7/30 GameRush TiVs

PS3
Motorstorm - $20 (less hassle if you use a version that has a barcode)

Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 - $8

Io, the BBV Trade in value for Pro Evo Soccer (PS3) and Blacksite (PS3) went down yesterday or earlier.

Pro Evo Soccer is $26.00 and Blacksite is $30. I can scan the receipt if necessary (since it says on the first page good till 8/2.)

[quote name='Brenex']Io, the BBV Trade in value for Pro Evo Soccer and Blacksite went down yesterday or earlier.

Pro Evo Soccer is $26.00 and Blacksite is $30. I can scan the receipt if necessary (since it says on the first page good till 8/2.)[/quote]

Is that Blacksite Area 51 for 360 and/or PS3? Blacksite is 19.99 used at GS right? Thanks.

[quote name='NutManIV']Picked up crackdown and Frontlines fuel of war. Each were $15. I got Frontlines free. :)[/quote]

Frontlines dropped to $15? Its $40 used at GS. That would be a really good flip. Can anyone else confirm the price at BB?

[quote name='nakanenui']Wow there are a lot of Orange County, CA CAGs. No wonder the stores were cleaned out when I got back from vacation. How many of you guys (and gals) are new CAGers from the GS and BB/GR ultimate storm from this past month, and how many are old school? I see fullerton is mostly cleaned out and so is garden grove, and orange, so what about anaheim hills?

any PS3 MGS4 bundles sighted in the area?[/QUOTE]
Dammit, another one.

GS now has Wii Blastworks used for $18, and it gets $23 at GR. Not a great flip, but if you're already going to GS to get two Octomanias and flip 'em, may as well throw it in to the mix.

[quote name='toocool17']Here are some more bb trade in prices.

Nintendo Wii:
Jumper $9 ($10 new, or $9 used at gs)
Legend of the Dragon $13 ($10 new, or $13 used at gs)

Gamestop has more nintendo wii games listed at $10 and less (new and used), maybe we can all try to get some more trade in quotes for bb.[/QUOTE]

On that note, here's the list of other Wii games that are $10 and under on the gs site...maybe there's one hidden gem in this lot?

Links crossbow training $4.99
Myth makers orbs of doom 8
Code Lyoko 8
Rig Racer 2 - 9
Kidz sports soccer 9
Monster trux offroad 9
Classic British motor racing 9
Cocoto magic circus 10
London Taxi rush hour 10

[quote name='makstaks']Just wanted to bump this post. These are confirmed purchase and TIV prices (not in post#2 yet).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I didn't bother with some of those (only 2 were missing) because no one else is going to find Mario Party and SSBM at their BB anyway ;). But I just added them right now to be complete.

[quote name='vanlandw']Just scored two Octomania's at BB Grand Rapids 28th Street (four on the shelves left two). $9.99. Also picked up one Dark Sector Guide (left 5) for .01 :)[/QUOTE]

Wait, NOW it is ringing up at $9.99? Earlier posts said it wasn't. I need to know before I head out!

[quote name='Brenex']Io, the BBV Trade in value for Pro Evo Soccer (PS3) and Blacksite (PS3) went down yesterday or earlier.

Pro Evo Soccer is $26.00 and Blacksite is $30. I can scan the receipt if necessary (since it says on the first page good till 8/2.)[/QUOTE]

I had 8/2 on one of them (not the other) because someone gave a quote on Monday I believe - but now that we have Sunday and Tuesday price drops we have a much smaller "safe" window. I may just have to take the "good till" dates off and just put the date of the latest quote (and let people figure it out from there).

Yup if you can find BB's that have Octomania at mine they have them listed and tagged at $9.99 and have since at least the start of the week on monday. Same with Blastworks. Rang right up no questions asked.

[quote name='vanlandw']Yup if you can find BB's that have Octomania at mine they have them listed and tagged at $9.99 and have since at least the start of the week on monday. Same with Blastworks. Rang right up no questions asked.[/QUOTE]

Sorry - I misread your post and was thinking Gamestop. I don't want to spend $9.99 in real money at Best Buy when I can spend $9.99 of cheap credit at Gamestop. I was hoping maybe you got it to ring up $9.99 at a Gamestop which I'm sure will happen here shortly - it's just a matter of the stores catching up to the web site. It's too bad they don't allow store pickup for games like this (it appears that is for preorders only - probably because of the stupid "gutted games" policy :bomb:).

OK, so I went & traded in a copy of Octomania & gave them my value card. The guy said he couldn't get the value card to scan & handed me $23 in CASH. Then on my reciept it says "Tendered Credit On Account $23". Does this mean he put it on my account as well as gave me cash?

[quote name='io']Sorry - I misread your post and was thinking Gamestop. I don't want to spend $9.99 in real money at Best Buy when I can spend $9.99 of cheap credit at Gamestop.[/quote]

You and me both Io, you and me both. Hit $310 this morning finally. What are people trading Blast works and Octomania to, BBV? Searched the thread for Blast Works and someone said it was only $9 TIV at BBV. Was it goozex?

[quote name='Segasonic01']OK, so I went & traded in a copy of Octomania & gave them my value card. The guy said he couldn't get the value card to scan & handed me $23 in CASH. Then on my reciept it says "Tendered Credit On Account $23". Does this mean he put it on my account as well as gave me cash?[/quote]

I doubt it. If you never had to swipe your value card then he may have just punched in the transaction type as "on account" while still just giving you cash. You can always check but probably not.

[quote name='io']Sorry - I misread your post and was thinking Gamestop. I don't want to spend $9.99 in real money at Best Buy when I can spend $9.99 of cheap credit at Gamestop. I was hoping maybe you got it to ring up $9.99 at a Gamestop which I'm sure will happen here shortly - it's just a matter of the stores catching up to the web site. It's too bad they don't allow store pickup for games like this (it appears that is for preorders only - probably because of the stupid "gutted games" policy :bomb:).[/QUOTE]

Hear you man. I didn't feel good punkin down 21 dollars for these games but the means justify the end. I'm not a big time into this but there are a few games I want to pick up on the B1G1 and this is the cheapest route I could think of and I want to start having some backup credit at Blockbuster when I get the CAG Urge. You are right about Gamestop not ringing up right on my stops before going to work I ran into the same thing.

Io, some update to your post #2

Dancing with the Stars is - $ 24.99 at GS before Edge and 10%. Not bad since it has the same ratio with Blacksite.

What is Iridium runners getting at GS? I got 2 copies today, I can get $10-$12 locally apiece should i jsut do that?

I got a great deal today I returned some of the games to BB that were scratched when i recieved them and BB put the whole value back on my card so I basicly got a bunch of free games!! has anyone else had that happen?

[quote name='gi60']Io, some update to your post #2

Dancing with the Stars is - $ 24.99 at GS before Edge and 10%. Not bad since it has the same ratio with Blacksite.[/quote]

Dancing with the stars is 9.97 on the TRU website!!

Searched the thread for Blast Works and someone said it was only $9 TIV at BBV. Was it goozex?

I received the same phone price qoute, but I thought it would be much higher.

Thanks Herbi

[quote name='Sinnbox']What is Iridium runners getting at GS? I got 2 copies today, I can get $10-$12 locally apiece should i jsut do that?

I got a great deal today I returned some of the games to BB that were scratched when i recieved them and BB put the whole value back on my card so I basicly got a bunch of free games!! has anyone else had that happen?[/quote]

IR is $5 base, 7 with extras. Also YMMY with that thing that happened at BBV. Only a moron would not notice you got games on a promotion and flatout give you the credit for those you did pay for. Subsequently, having done two returns myself at BBV I only got back what I paid for or in this case, half returned merchandise half returned payment.

[quote name='whatup5']Frontlines dropped to $15? Its $40 used at GS. That would be a really good flip. Can anyone else confirm the price at BB?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'd be interested to know if Frontlines is 15. Please confirm-- if not I'll be trying later today, hopefully.

Went to gamestop this afternoon, and Octomania still rang up $14.99, I did manage to snag a copy of History Channel:BftP.

[quote name='DaDeuce']Went to gamestop this afternoon, and Octomania still rang up $14.99, I did manage to snag a copy of History Channel:BftP.[/quote]
Ya, I thought the in-store prices were the same as the site. WTF?!

Girl told me that sometimes the store lags behind the website by a day or 2, and that I should call tomorrow. I know there is some at best buy, but I want to use my GS credit dang it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back