The Blockbuster Thread XXV: June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

See here for the deal: http://www.blockbuster.com/stores

There used to be a coupon to print for it, but now stores should have the bar code to scan at the register.  If not, show them their own web page (above) and maybe they will figure it out.

See BlockbusterGuy's thread for a list of titles eligible under (and commonly found at BBV) for the promo:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/310423-blockbuster-video-4th-of-july-sale-bogo/

Coming July 2nd: B1G1 free on games $29.99 and under

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note that anything below here might be out of date. To be honest, I have no idea if Blockbuster even takes games for trade-in any more!

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos, post any trade-in values you have obtained, and discuss new and used game selection and availability. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Blockbuster store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (BBVto Amazon to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from BBV.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit will be placed onto your store account
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Depending on state law you may or may not get sales tax added to your trade-ins (and thus get more than normal). You will always be charged sales tax where applicable on purchases.

Current Trade-In Deals
There are no trade-in deals at this time nor have there been for a very very long time. They did however just recently cut down all their trade-in values to Gamestop-like levels (but without deals to make them more appealing as at GS).

Trade-In Values

Trade-in prices are usually universal at Blockbuster, but can be wildly different at franchise Blockbuster stores. Used game prices change on Monday. We are not currently sure when trade-in values get updated but a few years ago it used to be on Mondays. Any quotes given in this thread may thus be good through Sunday of the current week. If you want to be sure to get the same value another CAG has reported then do your trading by Sunday as the price may drop on Monday.

Also note that many stores will no longer accept video games without cover art. This is the official policy for DVD trade-ins but apparently many clerks will confuse the two and not allow it for games either. Just beware that it might be a hassle if you have a disc-only game to trade.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Links to previous Blockbuster/Gamerush Threads (dating back to June 2005!):
1 (by no means the first one but the earliest that can be found - check it out for some drama)
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TheHelix']Hey Lyricsborn let's go to the one off Plaza Blvd and then eat some lumpia afterwards[/QUOTE]

I'd be down for it. Things is with class starting and work it might be a while before I get a day off.

price drops effective 8/8

:ps3:
assassins creed brotherhood $19.99
blur $14.99
bulletstorm $19.99
crysis 2 $39.99
disney's g force $6.99
fifa 11 $34.99
guitar hero warriors $14.99
homefront $39.99
lego star wars III $29.99
ncaa football 11 $14.99
two worlds 2 $19.99

:360:
bulletstorm $19.99
guitar hero warriors $14.99
homefront $34.99
legend of the guardians $14.99
madden 11 $14.99
megamind $9.99
nba jam $19.99
ncaa football 11 $14.99
need for speed hot pursuit $24.99
shift 2 unleashed $24.99
splatterhouse $14.99

:wii:
bandhero $4.99
hasbro family game night 3 $19.99
legend of the guardians $9.99
lego star wars III $29.99
pokepark pikachus adventure $19.99

no blu ray drops.

Bulletstorm for 20. Nice to see it drop. Will continue to wait in the high grass to pounce.

Also, Spatterhouse would be sweet to pickup in a future B1G1.

B1g1 running from 8/29-9-5. No details if it's the same deal as last time where you buy any priced game and get a $14.99 or under free.

I also posted in the DVD deals but the 5 for $20 blu rays $9.99 and under has started again. The blu ray sale runs 8/10-9/5.

B1g1 running from 8/29-9-5. No details if it's the same deal as last time where you buy any priced game and get a $14.99 or under free.

I also posted in the DVD deals but the 5 for $20 blu rays $9.99 and under has started again. The blu ray sale runs 8/10-9/5.

NBA Jam needs 5 more to get in that sweet spot range. too bad only 3 weeks till B1G1 I doubt they will do another price drop in 3 weeks.

Seems like we've been getting a BOGO a month, all summer long. Not that I'm complaining, but my backlog demands attention, I've just barely started cutting into the games I bought two BOGOs ago. Related note: anyone looking for a great game in the $14.99 or less category, do yourself a favor. Darksiders. Really fun game, I've been getting my $7.50 worth, and then some. Thanks for the heads up, HB!

Folks over at Blu-ray.com are saying that the 5 for $20 BD sale has started already and lasts for a month or so.

EDIT: HB already created a thread in the DVD, blu-ray forum. Sorry.

Another b1g1 free ! Mabye I will do some epic Mario galaxy 2 flips again (especially if bbv drops its price to 19.99 or less) I also hope that shattered demensions is 14.99 or less by then. My wallet hates this site so much

[quote name='brianace']Seems like we've been getting a BOGO a month, all summer long. [/QUOTE]

It's been over Memorial Day, Independence Day, or now Labor Day. So it makes sense. By this logic, there may not be another one until Thanksgiving/Black Friday.

Thanks for the heads-up, HB!!

DAMN IT...Looks like i WASN'T the first to break the news :(...Went to BBV today and bought RDR and the dude working there told me August 26th, B1G1 free :)...Can't wait!

DAMN IT...Looks like i WASN'T the first to break the news :(...Went to BBV today and bought RDR and the dude working there told me August 26th, B1G1 free ...Can't wait!

It's aug 29. Not the 26th.

I hope I can find a copy of Alan Wake and maybe something like Dante's Inferno to go with it. I rarely play my 360 because I haven't bought live in years so hopefully with this new sale I can pick up a few games. Plus, my PS3 got the yellow light so I don't have much of a choice.

Good thing the Blu-Ray sale started again, was looking to buy some.

Thanks for the update HB. Can't wait for some more price drops before the big sale. One last haul before college starts again.

Woo hoo. Time to start scouting which of my remaining local stores have games I want using Google Shopping, which does usually show which stores have what and at what price.;)

[quote name='sotc1988']I hope I can find a copy of Alan Wake and maybe something like Dante's Inferno to go with it. I rarely play my 360 because I haven't bought live in years so hopefully with this new sale I can pick up a few games. Plus, my PS3 got the yellow light so I don't have much of a choice.[/QUOTE]

Kmart is selling Alan Wake new for $10 + tax.

for any left handed wanting to pick up MOH just to let you know it does't have a southpaw option in the single player controls.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Woo hoo. Time to start scouting which of my remaining local stores have games I want using Google Shopping, which does usually show which stores have what and at what price.;)[/QUOTE]

Holy cats, thanks for that. I'm sure that's common knowledge, but I certainly missed it.

You're quite welcome. I just noticed this a few weeks ago while scouting out stuff for the Sears clearance. I checked on Split/Second on a whim and it was showing in stock at the one local BBV for $14.99.

I just hope this isn't the usual BOGO and is like the one last time, since there's at least one title I'd pick up higher than $15 and pair it was some lower priced one.

[quote name='sotc1988']I hope I can find a copy of Alan Wake and maybe something like Dante's Inferno to go with it. I rarely play my 360 because I haven't bought live in years so hopefully with this new sale I can pick up a few games. Plus, my PS3 got the yellow light so I don't have much of a choice.[/QUOTE]

Also if you don't find it at kmart you can get sears to PM, which is what I did. For some reason it didn't show out of stock on the kmarts website when they did the PM.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Woo hoo. Time to start scouting which of my remaining local stores have games I want using Google Shopping, which does usually show which stores have what and at what price.;)[/QUOTE]

Does Blockbuster, as a store choice, only come up in the shopping results if it's in stock?

[quote name='LakersForLife82481']DAMN should've Price checked bulletstorm while i was there today! I saw it as 24.99. Hopefully it stays there until B1G1.[/QUOTE]

I saw Bulletstorm "epic edition" marked $19.99 today. I didn't actually price check it, but I assume it was marked correctly because this particular BBV seems on the ball.

This is probably a stupid question but is there any way you can check the inventory for a specific store or is it just that you type in the name of the game you want to see and it tells you if it's in stock?

It would be really great if it gave you a list of what's in stock at the store instead of having to search manually for each title.

[quote name='IronZombie']This is probably a stupid question but is there any way you can check the inventory for a specific store or is it just that you type in the name of the game you want to see and it tells you if it's in stock?

It would be really great if it gave you a list of what's in stock at the store instead of having to search manually for each title.[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately you have to go in and search for each title manually, but it does tell you which Blockbuster store should have it in stock. For example, there's a copy of the original :ps3:Little Big Planet at the store 3-4 blocks from my house according to Google Shopping.

So if there's a particular game(or nine) you're looking for just enter in the game's name plus the word Blockbuster and if it's in stock at any of your local BBV stores it should bring up a result.;)

Thanks. Kind of a bummer, I actually really like looking at the lists of what's in stock since sometimes a game I was not even looking for will pop up, but I guess this is better than nothing.

If you know the employees, they might let you look through the disc stacks for the for sale games they keep in the drawer. Sometimes they have things in there that are not on the floor.

Just blus.

Today I picked up: Despicable Me, Public Enemies, The Losers, Quantum of Solace,
and The Expendables.

All in all a great day. Wish I found "How to Train Your Dragon" but Despicable me is fine by me.

No game finds though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone picking up any good flips? With so may good games coming out in the months it would be nice to add some to my backlog and flip some for all the newness ( U3,Rage,Skyrim)

[quote name='JUSTSULTAN']Anyone picking up any good flips? With so may good games coming out in the months it would be nice to add some to my backlog and flip some for all the newness ( U3,Rage,Skyrim)[/QUOTE]

Battlefied BC2, Dirt 1&2, Dead to Rights: Retribution, The Orange Box, EDF 2017, Star Wars FUII (wii), and Uncharted 2. Some of them might have decreased in value though.

[quote name='PlowK1NG']Battlefied BC2, Dirt 1&2, Dead to Rights: Retribution, The Orange Box, EDF 2017, Star Wars FUII (wii), and Uncharted 2. Some of them might have decreased in value though.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget Mario galaxy 2, amazon gives you 29.75 for it. Bulletstorm is a good solid flip as well.

I have several How to Train your Dragon(s) at my BBV. If you find the Bourne movies, let me know and we can do a trade :) Or if there's anything else you're looking for let me know. I have a ton of BDs at mine.

[quote name='doodmandood']Just blus.

Today I picked up: Despicable Me, Public Enemies, The Losers, Quantum of Solace,
and The Expendables.

All in all a great day. Wish I found "How to Train Your Dragon" but Despicable me is fine by me.

No game finds though.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Abeja']SW TFU2 (PS3/360) is actually still 13 at Best Buy plus the 40%. Hope it holds til the sale starts.[/QUOTE]

It's at 12 now, but still a good flip if it holds.

Price drops effective 8/15

:ps3:
UFC undisputed 2010 $9.99

:360:
Fable III $19.99
Halo reach $24.99

No blu ray drops this week. There has been 1 blu ray drop since the last 4th of July sale. Many people have seen them but I'll list them for those who haven't.

American $9.99
Catfish $9.99
Death race 2 $9.99
Despicable me $9.99
Devil $9.99
Dinner for schmucks $9.99
Inception $9.99
Legend of the guardians $9.99
Nanny McPhee returns 9.99
Town $9.99

bread's done
Back