The Blockbuster Thread XXV: June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

See here for the deal: http://www.blockbuster.com/stores

There used to be a coupon to print for it, but now stores should have the bar code to scan at the register.  If not, show them their own web page (above) and maybe they will figure it out.

See BlockbusterGuy's thread for a list of titles eligible under (and commonly found at BBV) for the promo:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/310423-blockbuster-video-4th-of-july-sale-bogo/

Coming July 2nd: B1G1 free on games $29.99 and under

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note that anything below here might be out of date. To be honest, I have no idea if Blockbuster even takes games for trade-in any more!

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos, post any trade-in values you have obtained, and discuss new and used game selection and availability. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Blockbuster store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (BBVto Amazon to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from BBV.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit will be placed onto your store account
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Depending on state law you may or may not get sales tax added to your trade-ins (and thus get more than normal). You will always be charged sales tax where applicable on purchases.

Current Trade-In Deals
There are no trade-in deals at this time nor have there been for a very very long time. They did however just recently cut down all their trade-in values to Gamestop-like levels (but without deals to make them more appealing as at GS).

Trade-In Values

Trade-in prices are usually universal at Blockbuster, but can be wildly different at franchise Blockbuster stores. Used game prices change on Monday. We are not currently sure when trade-in values get updated but a few years ago it used to be on Mondays. Any quotes given in this thread may thus be good through Sunday of the current week. If you want to be sure to get the same value another CAG has reported then do your trading by Sunday as the price may drop on Monday.

Also note that many stores will no longer accept video games without cover art. This is the official policy for DVD trade-ins but apparently many clerks will confuse the two and not allow it for games either. Just beware that it might be a hassle if you have a disc-only game to trade.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Links to previous Blockbuster/Gamerush Threads (dating back to June 2005!):
1 (by no means the first one but the earliest that can be found - check it out for some drama)
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hobomatt']I was actually very surprised to still see about 4-5 copies of it still sitting on the shelf when I got there, could have grabbed them all but figured only 2 would be good enough for me :)[/QUOTE]

I'd be happy with just one to actually play with my Logitech G27 wheel. Hopefully I'll get lucky when I check after work.

[quote name='Althax']First store pickups:

Dragon age 2 (360) x2
Assassins creed brotherhood (360)

Store 2
Dragon age 2 (ps3)
Assassin creed brotherhood (ps3)
Assassin creed brotherhood (360)
Spiderman sd (360)
Fight night champion (360)

Total spent, $53.59
I was the only one there picking up these deals and knew more than the clerks.

After trade ins im left with:

Dragon age 2 (360)
Assassin creed brotherhood (360)
Spiderman sd (360)
Skrim (new 360)

Thats a good day of trading![/QUOTE]

How you get dragon age 2? It's 24.99 according to Google shopping and my blockbuster when I went this morning, I even had them price check it. I call bullshit

Hot damn, $17 at Amazon? Nice. I know I've seen at least two copies at my BBV, so hopefully they're still there and in good condition. I want one for myself though so I may lock one in and keep the other.

Went to 2 stores today and picked up 20 games for a total of $120.
PS3
AC:B x 3
Dead Space 2 x 3
DA 2
Harry Potter: Deathly Hallows pt 2
Spider-man : SD
Spider-man: WoS
Platterhouse
Toy Story 3
Two Worlds II

Wii
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Punchout
Wii Party x 2

DS
Kingdom Hearts: Re: Coded
Mario vs. Donkey Kong x 2

Most to play, a few to flip and some Christmas shopping accomplished as well. Every game is complete except one of Mario v Kong games, though Spider-man WoS looks like a purple pen exploded on the cover art. All and all very pleased.

[quote name='razrvamp']How you get dragon age 2? It's 24.99 according to Google shopping and my blockbuster when I went this morning, I even had them price check it. I call bullshit[/QUOTE]

Dragon Age II was in the most recent set of drops. It dropped to $14.99 for both systems. HawaiiBoy confirmed this himself.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Im shocked that f10 has solid value like it does. I wouldnt take the chance and wait, i would grab them asap[/QUOTE]
I'm not shocked at all. Just look at F1 2009 for Wii.;) That shit's got some insane value for some odd reason. I guess because I believe it was a GS exclusive, so there's not a lot of copies out there.

As for grabbing F1 2010 n some other games now, I'm debating it. If my closest store had it I'd probably use it as the third item in a 3/$20 with my buddy buying :ps3:MK Vs DC n HP: TDH P2 on BR for the rest of the three pack. But I don't wanna do a single game trade to BB just for F1 either.:razz:
[quote name='razrvamp']How you get dragon age 2? It's 24.99 according to Google shopping and my blockbuster when I went this morning, I even had them price check it. I call bullshit[/QUOTE]
Obviously your store didn't do the price updates(they have to be manually accepted anymore), since it was $14.99 for BOTH PS3 and 360 versions at both of the stores I hit this morning AND it was listed as $14.99 per version on Google Shopping for me as well.

[quote name='Tsel']Dragon Age II was in the most recent set of drops. It dropped to $14.99 for both systems. HawaiiBoy confirmed this himself.[/QUOTE]

Well then I apologize, but it rang 24.99 at my store

Picked up 5 games for a quick $40 profit at Best Buy. Was surprised to actually see a table that had all 14.99 games this time. They usually never advertise shit at this store. Tons of Assassin Creed Brotherhood/WWE Smackdown/Fallout New Vegas. Didn't really wanna overdo it on the flipping so I just got one set.

Now hopefully the early access for Silver Members on Monday at bestbuy.com is worth a damn.

[quote name='sna']tried the mix and match on 3 blurays 2 games 14.99 and under and didn't work.[/QUOTE]
What were the movies? Hawaiiboy mentioned that certain newer movies were supposed to be excluded from this sale(Harry Potter & Deathly Hallows, Horrible Bosses, etc), so maybe that's why it didn't work?

Nearly everyone has mentioned getting Dragon Age II and you're calling bullshit?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']What were the movies? Hawaiiboy mentioned that certain newer movies were supposed to be excluded from this sale(Harry Potter & Deathly Hallows, Horrible Bosses, etc), so maybe that's why it didn't work?[/QUOTE]

I know horrible bosses and pirates 4 works cause I got them this morning

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Crappity fuck fuck. I knew I passed up a decently valued game earlier:)ps3:F1 2010). Now do I go back out and grab that n 2-4 other games or do I skip it for now n hope it survives the length of the sale?:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]I think you already know the answer to that question.

[quote name='dino88']Nearly everyone has mentioned getting Dragon Age II and you're calling bullshit?[/QUOTE]

Hey I apologized a few posts back don't get your panties in a bunch. My store it still rang at 24.99

[quote name='razrvamp']Hey I apologized a few posts back don't get your panties in a bunch. My store it still rang at 24.99[/QUOTE]they need to manually accept the price updates.

spider-man shattered dimensions 360 and ps3
wii Prince of Persia rival swords (?)
fringe season one (did not get season 2) DVD
thor DVD

no mario vs. donkey kong ds for me.

[quote name='razrvamp']Hey I apologized a few posts back don't get your panties in a bunch. My store it still rang at 24.99[/QUOTE]

Meh it happens. My bbv used to be slow with price updates but not anymore (think goodness).

My store had to use a barcode sheet but the deal worked. Got:
Test Drive Unlimited II
Spiderman Shattered Dimensions
Dragon Age II

Would have rather had something else instead of DAII but there was nothing else worth choosing. Guess I'll give it a shot.

Edit: also I should mention TDUII was stickered at 25$ but I knew better lol. Good thing since no one else picked it up.

[quote name='orangecrush']I think you already know the answer to that question.[/QUOTE]
The answer to that for me right now is noooooo, since I'm not sure I wanna trudge up to BB again unless I buy another 20+ titles.:razz:

El Hordo came in right behind me at the Perrysburg OH store (sorry if it was you Han) spent ~270 on all of the DA2; DeadSpace 2...etc leaving nothing. Sadly none of the Manual's were in it so trading at BB is a no go and or you will be flagged

[quote name='bjstucker']El Hordo came in right behind me at the Perrysburg OH store (sorry if it was you Han) spent ~270 on all of the DA2; DeadSpace 2...etc leaving nothing. Sadly none of the Manual's were in it so trading at BB is a no go and or you will be flagged[/QUOTE]

Bestbuy doesnt care about the manuals. Also dont go above the limit of 3 per game and per platform and you will be fine. Dont forget gamestop as some nice manuals for the picking

I grabbed the games I really wanted from the store around the corner from my place.
Dead Space 2 and SD vs Raw '11 - PS3
Fable 3 - XB360
Bowser's inside story and picked up Fantasia on Blu since there was nothing else that jumped out at me.

Might try a few others nearby. Congrats to those who got the hauls they were hoping for.

[quote name='razrvamp']Hey I apologized a few posts back don't get your panties in a bunch. My store it still rang at 24.99[/QUOTE]

The irony is not lost on me.

[quote name='bigpimpin24']$11 base for both Ps3/360[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I'm not sure yet whether or not to trade it in. To be honest I wasn't all that interested in it so maybe I'll get some credit for future purchases but I'll play it this weekend before deciding anything I guess.

Glad to hear some of you are getting in on this, my experience was terrible. I asked to check the price on a few that should have dropped. This lady reads them off the boxes and hands them back to me. I asked her to please check the computer and it took her about 15 minutes of slow typing per title. When the prices came out lower she said maybe they dropped but she thinks she will still sell them for the marked price. After all that she said the sale starts tomorrow even though they had signs up. :wall:

My bbv was on point again (abington pa)
:360:
Fight night champion (last copy)
Metro 2033 (last copy)
Dead space 2 (last copy)

:ps3:
Enslaved
Dragon Age 2

Saw multiple copies of Tron fallout NV bulletstorm (wanted to buy but the case was sunwashed...pet peeve) ass creed broth and sdvr 2011. All 14.99 games were on a table but no signs out yet

Picked up 10 Games:
SZIEQXg8HgzD7Hb73d1dv983Go3gz2+BQICiKJIkIYQ4jrtcrvv7e5vNZrFYbm9vZVm+ubkB8DeCIHAc93q9brcbwzCHw2G1Ws1ms8lkMhqNnU7HYDD8BT0BUUKNL1XOAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC
:ps3:
2 copies of NBA 2k11
f96XQ6mUwopZZlGYYBHDRNU1VVkiQAAEKIqMEYY4zZtk0IMU0TY4wQEpYsy80EMcbAwfzWeDzGGI9GI4SQpmm9Xg84dLvdj10Ov4UQGgwGglMURZKkj10K9f+T4GRZliSp0+n8+bda6FfuCzUBM4ok67WHAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC
f96XQ6mUwopZZlGYYBHDRNU1VVkiQAAEKIqMEYY4zZtk0IMU0TY4wQEpYsy80EMcbAwfzWeDzGGI9GI4SQpmm9Xg84dLvdj10Ov4UQGgwGglMURZKkj10K9f+T4GRZliSp0+n8+bda6FfuCzUBM4ok67WHAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC
:360:
2 copies of Bulletstorm
2 copies of Fable 3
Fallout LV
Mercs 2
Dead Space 2
Dragon's Age 2

[quote name='3extremes']Glad to hear some of you are getting in on this, my experience was terrible. I asked to check the price on a few that should have dropped. This lady reads them off the boxes and hands them back to me. I asked her to please check the computer and it took her about 15 minutes of slow typing per title. When the prices came out lower she said maybe they dropped but she thinks she will still sell them for the marked price. After all that she said the sale starts tomorrow even though they had signs up. :wall:[/QUOTE]

Dude! That would have driven me insane. Do you know if it's a franchised store? Because then she could pretty much make up her own sales or prices but if not then she HAS to abide by what corporate says. You should have asked to see a manager or at the very least go back in when someone else is working.

Picked up:

:360:Assassins Creed: Brotherhood
:360:Guitar Hero 5
:360:Enslaved

All 3 with original box art and manual in good shape.

Thanks HB!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CheapAssHustla']How much is Brotherhood? I'm heading out there after work. I can't wait to see what I find.[/QUOTE]

Brotherhood is $14.99

Holy hell Cokes are 49 cents!? *heads back to store* lol.
In all seriousness though I'll hit up another one later tonight since they have 2 other games I want. Third one I'll just have to wing it and see what turns up. I'll pick up a few Cokes as well.

All new $1.99 new release rentals are only $.49. Also, with any rental, you'll get a coupon for a free $.99 rental. Plus the $.49 Coke's! Lots of good promos!

[quote name='IronZombie']Thanks! I'm not sure yet whether or not to trade it in. To be honest I wasn't all that interested in it so maybe I'll get some credit for future purchases but I'll play it this weekend before deciding anything I guess.[/QUOTE]
;)Good luck with that. I'd trade them NOW, since the values may well drop before the weekend is over.:razz:

Do we have confirmation that the sale ends on Sunday? I know Hawaiiboy suggested that it might be an ongoing sale, just wondering if there was any news about that. The instore flyer indicated that it was for this weekend only.

Hawaii stores screwed up as usual. One store only had videos and it was only 5 for 30 no 3 for 20. Another store had 3 for 35 and 5 for 35, that store was funny beacuse there was some flipper standing guard over the games while he was on the phone checking TIV's with a friend on every single POS game. I felt like telling him that the good flips the store didn't have those games but he was such an ass kinda pushing people away from the table that I just did a quick scan and left. The other store only had 2 for 20 and a couple crap games.

It is no wonder blockbuster sucks they are terrible and now I remember why I don't go there. Hopefully the rest will close down soon as they are the worst ran business and even worse on the store level then any store I have ever seen.

BOO bluckbuster PLEASE go out of business soon...bunch of retards!!

[quote name='razrvamp']Well then I apologize, but it rang 24.99 at my store[/QUOTE]

Appreciate the apology.

[quote name='dinovelvet']Do we have confirmation that the sale ends on Sunday? I know Hawaiiboy suggested that it might be an ongoing sale, just wondering if there was any news about that. The instore flyer indicated that it was for this weekend only.[/QUOTE]

I think the flyer was just referring to the cokes, blu-ray player deals, etc...

Not the movie and game deals

I believe the game/movie sale will extend through Christmas. My BBV employee said it runs all the way through the holidays - no specific date - but it should go at least another month. Let's hope for more game price drops!

[quote name='schuerm26']I think the flyer was just referring to the cokes, blu-ray player deals, etc...

Not the movie and game deals[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Pliskin101']Hawaii stores screwed up as usual. One store only had videos and it was only 5 for 30 no 3 for 20. Another store had 3 for 35 and 5 for 35, that store was funny beacuse there was some flipper standing guard over the games while he was on the phone checking TIV's with a friend on every single POS game. I felt like telling him that the good flips the store didn't have those games but he was such an ass kinda pushing people away from the table that I just did a quick scan and left. The other store only had 2 for 20 and a couple crap games.

It is no wonder blockbuster sucks they are terrible and now I remember why I don't go there. Hopefully the rest will close down soon as they are the worst ran business and even worse on the store level then any store I have ever seen.

BOO bluckbuster PLEASE go out of business soon...bunch of retards!![/QUOTE]
So because you couldn't get in on the deal that makes the WHOLE CHAIN worthless and makes you wish for THOUSANDS more people to lose their jobs in this already shitty economy?:roll: If you're THIS charming on here, I can only imagine how wonderful you are in person.;) And people have the nerve to say I'M A DOUCHEBAG?

[quote name='Sgt Barone']Picked up:

:360:Assassins Creed: Brotherhood
:360:Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2
:360:Fallout: New Vegas
:360:Enslaved
:360:Operation Flashpoint: Red River

All 5 with original box art and manual in good shape.

Thanks HB![/QUOTE]

OF: Red River is not 14.99. you probably mean the prequel.

bread's done
Back