The Blockbuster Thread XXV: June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

See here for the deal: http://www.blockbuster.com/stores

There used to be a coupon to print for it, but now stores should have the bar code to scan at the register.  If not, show them their own web page (above) and maybe they will figure it out.

See BlockbusterGuy's thread for a list of titles eligible under (and commonly found at BBV) for the promo:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/310423-blockbuster-video-4th-of-july-sale-bogo/

Coming July 2nd: B1G1 free on games $29.99 and under

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note that anything below here might be out of date. To be honest, I have no idea if Blockbuster even takes games for trade-in any more!

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos, post any trade-in values you have obtained, and discuss new and used game selection and availability. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Blockbuster store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (BBVto Amazon to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from BBV.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit will be placed onto your store account
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Depending on state law you may or may not get sales tax added to your trade-ins (and thus get more than normal). You will always be charged sales tax where applicable on purchases.

Current Trade-In Deals
There are no trade-in deals at this time nor have there been for a very very long time. They did however just recently cut down all their trade-in values to Gamestop-like levels (but without deals to make them more appealing as at GS).

Trade-In Values

Trade-in prices are usually universal at Blockbuster, but can be wildly different at franchise Blockbuster stores. Used game prices change on Monday. We are not currently sure when trade-in values get updated but a few years ago it used to be on Mondays. Any quotes given in this thread may thus be good through Sunday of the current week. If you want to be sure to get the same value another CAG has reported then do your trading by Sunday as the price may drop on Monday.

Also note that many stores will no longer accept video games without cover art. This is the official policy for DVD trade-ins but apparently many clerks will confuse the two and not allow it for games either. Just beware that it might be a hassle if you have a disc-only game to trade.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Links to previous Blockbuster/Gamerush Threads (dating back to June 2005!):
1 (by no means the first one but the earliest that can be found - check it out for some drama)
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='irighti']forgive me if this has been asked/answered. if I add the items to my cart tonight, and then log in at noon tomorrow, will the price be reflected. or do I have to go through a specific link best buy provides in an e-mail?

they upgraded me to silver even though I only spent around 300 in the store last year.[/QUOTE]

Wrong thread, methinks ;)

yeah I just caught myself and made an edit. sorry about that.

to contribute to this thread, I would like to report I was able to get green lantern to work as part of the special.

So now that the weekend is over is it safe to talk about whales? Highest I got was $11 for Just Dance Summer Party at Gamestop. Was $17.60 after 60% bump. Apparently Wii Party was $13 at BBY but I was dumb and didn't check before sending it to GS.

[quote name='kingwormer']Wait.....Im usually good about not missing things, did HB or someone say the 3 - $20, and 5 - $30 will keep going after today? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Yes. Though literally every single employee I asked this weekend said it ended today. I'd trust HB.

[quote name='Horsewarrior of Janjaweed']

Yes. Though literally every single employee I asked this weekend said it ended today. I'd trust HB.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, and I do. I'm just excited about finishing off some BluRay movies I didnt get the snag this weekend. I got ALOT of games, but now I want to get some movies.

I just traded in two KA's (one with bar code and one without). Hopefully the TiV holds for at least one more day. Thanks for all the info. Did a lot of damage this weekend.

I'm hoping beyond hope that KA stays at 15 tomorrow,but in all likelihood it'll be done. I have 2 BBV stores on the work route tomorrow, so I could still try it for the hell of it. If not, I'll just return the 2 KAs I buy for the test and then be done.

Went to GS last night to pick up some KAs and the guy said he could only sell me 2...went back thus morning for 2 more and the same guy was there. Walk in and ask if I can buy 2 more and he says "2? How about 30???" Ha! Apparently he mentioned to the manager that I wanted more than 2 and he told the guy to sell me all I wanted to get that crap out if inventory...sweet!

Btw...I did NOT buy 30.

[quote name='hawaiiboy']we'll see how long this can last. i'll be looking out for an email tomorrow that says to stop taking this game as you would think getting hundreds of trades would raise some kind of red flag.[/QUOTE]

I dont want to jinx it, but it would be really really nice to have another Kranium Bukkake situation on our hands.

Edit: Eww, that sounds much grosser than I intended. At least long-term BBV thread readers will understand what I mean.

Thanks to the person who posted the KA part # earlier. The BBV employee I spoke with today couldn't find the game in the system until I gave him the part #. This guy was really helpful trying to figure out though.

[quote name='io']Hmmm... Had I not felt like crap I might have brought my son to this yesterday (he's 11). But when I was there Friday their signup sheet was pretty clear that players had to be 13 and up.

I'm still not getting over this food poisoning, though I feel a little better. At least I'm able to sit at the computer now :roll:. I am missing so much crap too - would have gotten KA and hit up a few BBv today. Plus I wanted to get a few things at BBY, Target, and TRU with their sales that started today. Oh yeah, and I have games to trade at BBY. Damnit![/QUOTE]

Glad you're starting to feel better. Don't worry about trading in games. Best Buy might perma-ban you if you go in there to trade and puke on everyone. ;)

Hope you get better soon.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Had I known about Kinect Adventures SOONER, I wouldn't have spent about $150 in real cash(even after my $19 credit from Hunted: Demons Forge was factored in). But too late to think about that now. Now I just have to hope that some of ya's doing 10+ copies of KA don't ruin that flip to BBV before I can wrangle my one buddy into going into GS for me to grab some copies so I can go clean up for some stuff to play(and more to flip) tomorrow at the local BBV stores.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I spent $150 cash (with tax) on Friday. I'm just glad we found out about KA because money is going to be really tight for me until I get more student loans in January. I'm thinking of maybe taking out more loans. At least I can pay for textbooks next semester with this upcoming Amazon credit. :)

I just got back from my local BBV after trading in my personal copy of Kinect Adventures, and everything went incredibly smoothly. He was able to find the game in the system no problem (he even did so after I mentioned I had the part number- he said something along the lines of searching under "K360") and I traded it in for $15 + tax. I'm not sure if it's customary to apply tax to TIVs, but I wasn't complaining. :p

Left the store with 2 x Pokeparks, 2 x Wii Party's, and an Assassin's Creed Brotherhood for $16.45 out of pocket. The only way I could be happier is if this still works tomorrow. :3

Whats this pokepark? I can't find it listed on the best buy tiv site.

Nevermind, found it. Pikachus adventure. Weee

[quote name='Althax']Anyone else expecting the best buy tiv to tank on most of the games sold in this sale tomorrow? I am tempted to hit another bbv tomorrow since I seem to be the only cag in town.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't doubt it if some of the flips from BBV to BB dropped tonight or sometime before the end of this week considering all of the copies of some of these games they've probably received or people 'locked in' online.:cry: Not that it matters, since I already did the max number of copies for each good flippable game I could find copies of during the first day of this sale. At least I didn't procrastinate like the last 2-3 major sale/flip opportunities.:bomb:
[quote name='irighti']forgive me if this has been asked/answered. if I add the items to my cart tonight, and then log in at noon tomorrow, will the price be reflected. or do I have to go through a specific link best buy provides in an e-mail?

they upgraded me to silver even though I only spent around 300 in the store last year.

***sorry clearly posted in wrong thread. I remoted in to work from home and after 12 hours my eyes are playing tricks on me. please delete.[/QUOTE]
You do realize you can actually delete your own posts by hitting 'go advanced' and finding the spot to check off to delete the post, right?;)

tried to trade in 2 more with barcodes and it refused to trade in their system. some kind of block. the staff were really helpful and couldnt figure out why they wouldnt trade. party's over in my area.

One minute my bbv tells me they do trade ins. The next day they told me they dont. Very confusing indeed. I'll have to find the employee that told me they did so I can unload these 2 copys of kinect adventures (how are people finding so many copys ? Lol). Hope it works cause if not ill have to settle for bestbuy

Two of my blockbusters took Kinect Adventures fine but two others said they couldn't accept them unless they were able to be scanned into the system. Oh well, got some cheap Blu-Rays.

What is the trade in value for Bink? I saw it in the store for like, 30-40 bucks and it's on sale from Gamefly right now for $5.99, so it might be worth looking into.

I had 16 in credit at GS and I bought 12 KA today. He had about 13 more. All had cases on them. Paid 5 bucks in cash to cover the rest.

Went to 3 different BBVs. First one took 2 KAs no problem. Bought 5 games

Bulletstorm X2 360
MindJack 360
Lego Pirates DS
WWE 360

The second store manager even called someone and explained to them that the game comes with Kinect and is X.XX used at Gamestop. Said that one store had 4 of them, and finally said that they would never sell them. He finally hung up and did the tradein. He took 4 of them. Bought 10 games there.

Mafia 2 360 x2
Dragon Age Origins PS3
Bulletstorm PS3
MindJack 360

Spatterhouse PS3
Force Unleashed 2 Wii
Lego Harry 360
WWE Wii X2

Third store said they dont accept tradeins. Traded 2 KA into BB along with the games minus both Bulletstorm 360 and Dragon Age Origins PS3 for 120 in credit.

Bought by Zelda preorder and got 150 put on a prepaid. 16 in GS credit + 5 cash turned into 120 (minus 3 games, 4 KAs i have left over and activation fee). Awesome day.

Thank you CAG and HB.

[quote name='Huggybear1688']Allright I think I'm finally done, On Frid and Sat. bought 16 games total for 105 OOP, submitted an amazon trade in for 8 games and got 107 in Credit, net = 8 games and 2 dollars for free

Than after hearing about bonus credit at BBY , I went back to two of the BBV todays and they still had plenty of quality titles especially the Wii TIV biggies, so bought 10 games total for 64, and went to BBY down the road and traded in 9 for total of 128 GC. so after all said in done

26 games for 170,

Amazon Credit of 107, BBY credit of 128, 9 games for myself.

Not a bad weekend at all, Thanks HB and others for all the updates[/QUOTE]

well aren't you just brilliant posting this all over SD
great way to thank the cag community

[quote name='kvntwvlf']What is the trade in value for Bink? I saw it in the store for like, 30-40 bucks and it's on sale from Gamefly right now for $5.99, so it might be worth looking into.[/QUOTE]

17 as of friday (the last day i traded one in). I've traded in too many at all my stores. I've been trading them for a while because they were $7.49 a while back on Amazon Warehouse. $5.99 shipped is better.:)

Traded in 2 more Kinect Advetures today. I had 5 with me but theyd only take ones with barcodes.even though the barcode doesnt do jack. Still I traded those in and got like $65 for the 5 games I took to Best Buy. :)

All together........5 Kinect Adeventures turned into $130. $10 -> $130. woo!

on a related note....the Blockbuster I traded in too both times said they coudlnt have more then 10 copies on had, and the ones I trade in today brought them up to 10.

[quote name='donut']well aren't you just brilliant posting this all over SD
great way to thank the cag community[/QUOTE]

its not like anybody even cared except maybe a few based on posts and views, a deal is a deal and it does not matter if its posted on this site or SD, i've seen plenty of deals copied from SD and posted on here. whats it matter

do you seriously not understand the connection between how posting on a site with 995k members and 28 million posts affects how much quicker something like KA trading in for $15 will be shut down

The KA thing didn't pan out for me. Checked a couple local stores, one said they take trade-in's but weren't accepting KA at this time, one didn't take trade-ins, and one's phone number was disconnected even though they were still a valid store. Too many layers of abstraction in that KA flip for me :p ... So I just did a couple of the 5 for $30 flips today.

[quote name='herpderp118']do you seriously not understand the connection between how posting on a site with 995k members and 28 million posts affects how much quicker something like KA trading in for $15 will be shut down[/QUOTE]

where in my posts do i mention KA???

[quote name='capsnikerz']went to 3 Blockbusters all had crap prices where not updated and no signs where up - _-[/QUOTE]
As long as they accepted the price changes in the system, then they should ring up the correct price once scanned. As for not having any signs up, neither of the stores I hit had signage posted for this deal. But it should be an automatic deal once they scan in the 3 or 5 games or movies and hit total.

[quote name='fortunado']The KA thing didn't pan out for me. Checked a couple local stores, one said they take trade-in's but weren't accepting KA at this time, one didn't take trade-ins, and one's phone number was disconnected even though they were still a valid store. Too many layers of abstraction in that KA flip for me :p ... So I just did a couple of the 5 for $30 flips today.[/QUOTE]

wonder if this mean the memo HB mentioned was send?

[quote name='Huggybear1688']where in my posts do i mention KA???[/QUOTE]

you're killing peep income so..:roll: Not like ur the only 1 who post ur haul. If KA got nuke b4 i try tomo, I won't blame anybody else. Just part of partaking in a cat n mouse game.

[quote name='aspen1284']Went to GS last night to pick up some KAs and the guy said he could only sell me 2...went back thus morning for 2 more and the same guy was there. Walk in and ask if I can buy 2 more and he says "2? How about 30???" Ha! Apparently he mentioned to the manager that I wanted more than 2 and he told the guy to sell me all I wanted to get that crap out if inventory...sweet!

Btw...I did NOT buy 30.[/QUOTE]
Why not? I bought 37. And yes, I was able to get rid of all of them at BBV.
$70.24 GS credit -> $555.00 BBV credit -> ???.?? BBY credit.
Like others have said, wish I knew about KA on Friday.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']17 as of friday (the last day i traded one in). I've traded in too many at all my stores. I've been trading them for a while because they were $7.49 a while back on Amazon Warehouse. $5.99 shipped is better.:)[/QUOTE]

That's seriously incredible ($17 TIV). I should've thought about that :cry: !

Just saw this on OP (as I"m sure most of you already know BUT I just found out):

Buy 3 used games and/or movies $14.99 and under for $20 or 5 for $30 starts Nov. 18th and runs till the end of the year!

Seriously, since my following CAG (I think my 1 year Anniversary is soon?), this is the best deal (bar none) of them all; with the GameFly Nightly/Monthly Deals being (a distant but formidable) 2nd....

[quote name='klimb22']Why not? I bought 37. And yes, I was able to get rid of all of them at BBV.
Like others have said, wish I knew about KA on Friday.[/QUOTE]

Ok, it took me about 15 minutes to find out what "KA" was; found out. I hate GameStop but is there some kind deal on them "KA"? How much/copy? Sorry if I missed it in other posts but I need to get in on this...

[quote name='klimb22']Why not? I bought 37. And yes, I was able to get rid of all of them at BBV.
Like others have said, wish I knew about KA on Friday.[/QUOTE]

I don't care that you did it; but I'm curious how you split it up... Did you buy all the copies at one GS? How many Blockbusters did you trade-in to? Did they give you funny looks?

I traded 2 copies to 3 stores for six total; and while I might have been able to get away with doubling that, I don't think I could have even done half of what you did without raising a red flag.

[quote name='fishwaterjohn']Ok, it took me about 15 minutes to find out what "KA" was; found out. I hate GameStop but is there some kind deal on them "KA"? How much/copy? Sorry if I missed it in other posts but I need to get in on this...[/QUOTE]

Why don't you see how much it is on their site ;)

It trades in for $15 at Blockbuster... at least it has been. Who knows what price it'll be in the morning.

[quote name='fishwaterjohn']Ok, it took me about 15 minutes to find out what "KA" was; found out. I hate GameStop but is there some kind deal on them "KA"? How much/copy? Sorry if I missed it in other posts but I need to get in on this...[/QUOTE]

Kinect Adventures sells for $1.99 used at gamestop and trades in to Blockbuster for $15. What you do from there is your own business.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Kinect Adventures sells for $1.99 used at gamestop and trades in to Blockbuster for $15. What you do from there is your own business.[/QUOTE]

You made it too easy ;p

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Kinect Adventures sells for $1.99 used at gamestop and trades in to Blockbuster for $15. What you do from there is your own business.[/QUOTE]

GREATLY appreciated. Thanks, again.

[quote name='fishwaterjohn']Just saw this on OP (as I"m sure most of you already know BUT I just found out):

Buy 3 used games and/or movies $14.99 and under for $20 or 5 for $30 starts Nov. 18th and runs till the end of the year!

Seriously, since my following CAG (I think my 1 year Anniversary is soon?), this is the best deal (bar none) of them all; with the GameFly Nightly/Monthly Deals being (a distant but formidable) 2nd....[/QUOTE]

Eh I would say the bogo deal was better. It's FAR easier to get 2 games over 3 and it costs less. Yes you do lose 1 game if you buy 4, but it's still more versatile. I would say the KA element helps, but that is highly YMMV. I went to 12 stores and got rejected at them all... everyone had something like no barcode, no art, etc. Many others had to go to several locations or didnt luck out.

As far as deals... I would say the HP Touchpad stuff was the best. While it was YMMV, there were many instances to get them.

[quote name='mattcube64'] Who knows what price it'll be in the morning.[/QUOTE]

Shit, if it trades in for $5, that works for me; @ $2.00; x 2, I'm 1/3 of the way to the 5 for 30. I've got an assload of RF: Armageddon to unload, too. I've just been busy picking up as many of the 5 for 30's as I can..tomorrow will be a different story.

I love me some "KA" (;))!!!! Plus, last time I used GameStop (MONTHS ago), I think I did an "in store pick-up"; I would assume I can p/u "KA" @ $1.99? Works for me and thanks, again, for the info!

[quote name='admiralvic']Eh I would say the bogo deal was better. It's FAR easier to get 2 games over 3 and it costs less. Yes you do lose 1 game if you buy 4, but it's still more versatile. I would say the KA element helps, but that is highly YMMV. I went to 12 stores and got rejected at them all... everyone had something like no barcode, no art, etc. Many others had to go to several locations or didnt luck out.

As far as deals... I would say the HP Touchpad stuff was the best. While it was YMMV, there were many instances to get them.[/QUOTE]

While those were great the infamous amazon warehouse penny mania was by far the best bargin you can get ! While I couldnt snag anything it was still fun to be apart of it. It did bring out the worst in some cag members though lol. That bargin should be in the cag hall of fame glitch or not

Yep, "In Stock" at locations:
1.1 miles away
5.1 miles away
9.3 miles away
9.5 miles away
9.9 miles away
10.1 miles away
Etc. Etc. Etc.

Thanks! :applause:

bread's done
Back