The Blockbuster Thread XXV: June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

See here for the deal: http://www.blockbuster.com/stores

There used to be a coupon to print for it, but now stores should have the bar code to scan at the register.  If not, show them their own web page (above) and maybe they will figure it out.

See BlockbusterGuy's thread for a list of titles eligible under (and commonly found at BBV) for the promo:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/310423-blockbuster-video-4th-of-july-sale-bogo/

Coming July 2nd: B1G1 free on games $29.99 and under

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note that anything below here might be out of date. To be honest, I have no idea if Blockbuster even takes games for trade-in any more!

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos, post any trade-in values you have obtained, and discuss new and used game selection and availability. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Blockbuster store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (BBVto Amazon to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from BBV.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit will be placed onto your store account
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Depending on state law you may or may not get sales tax added to your trade-ins (and thus get more than normal). You will always be charged sales tax where applicable on purchases.

Current Trade-In Deals
There are no trade-in deals at this time nor have there been for a very very long time. They did however just recently cut down all their trade-in values to Gamestop-like levels (but without deals to make them more appealing as at GS).

Trade-In Values

Trade-in prices are usually universal at Blockbuster, but can be wildly different at franchise Blockbuster stores. Used game prices change on Monday. We are not currently sure when trade-in values get updated but a few years ago it used to be on Mondays. Any quotes given in this thread may thus be good through Sunday of the current week. If you want to be sure to get the same value another CAG has reported then do your trading by Sunday as the price may drop on Monday.

Also note that many stores will no longer accept video games without cover art. This is the official policy for DVD trade-ins but apparently many clerks will confuse the two and not allow it for games either. Just beware that it might be a hassle if you have a disc-only game to trade.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Links to previous Blockbuster/Gamerush Threads (dating back to June 2005!):
1 (by no means the first one but the earliest that can be found - check it out for some drama)
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Something tells me a bunch of the same people that flooded BBV with Kinect Adventures did the same with Duke Nukem Forever.

Show of hands....how many of you bastids that did the KA flip in a sickening amount did the DNF flip?[/QUOTE]

Not me... That would have taken actual cash outlay, since I have no credit at GS currently. I don't flip if it takes actual cash on my part. Plus, I'm almost scared to see if I am banned at BB already ;)

I did think about it, but I have been pretty lazy this weekend.

[quote name='mattcube64']Well, I traded in my two Dukes from BBY last night; got five games. Today, I used that $5 GC and $5 of remaining credit to get three more games for $10. I then went to another store, used my new $5 GC and $5 remaining credit from Brinks to get an additional three games.

But then, the lady asked if I was a pass member. I told her I wish! As I want that $10 GC. Now, I thought this lady didn't like me... she seems to get a bit irritated at my rather small volume of trades (I've traded less than 6 games in at that store, total). But I've always been very polite and nice. Welp, wouldn't you know it, she schemed with someone else to get me the $7.50 discounted price! So, I spent ~$20, but got three more games, a $10 (!) GC, and a month of rentals, which I'm currently using on Kirby Mass Attack.

Tossed in an old copy of Motorstorm from my own collection for a total of 12 games. Hit two different Gamestops, and now have $130 in credit.

So, final tally is $10 of BBY credit (which I got for like $3) + ~$30 OoP + two hours = $130 GS credit, $10 BBV credit, month of rentals. Not amazing, but definitely decent.

But see, now it has occured to me; with B2G1 @ GS, and Duke Nukem only $8; compounded with the fact I get a $10 BBV GC with every set of three.... well, I could basically infinitely multiply my money until I cleaned out the BBV store.

But, I'm not gonna push my luck. I'm glad I realize I'm now on this lady's "good side" and don't want to be pushy. And I've done pretty well today; I don't care to rape and pillage the stores.[/QUOTE]

Hats off to ya. I just love seeing people stick it to Blockbuster and Gamestop.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Ooh, Mario Vs DK Miniland is 14.99? Sweet. I gotta swing through and get that.
Also, I wonder if the trade ban on my account was ever lifted. Duke Nukem for a 17 TIV is insane.[/QUOTE]

Gawd...I come over here from the Best Buy thread and am reminded of the granddaddy of all ban-inations that happened, what, a year or two ago with those Visa cards? Narrowly avoided the fallout of that one, too.

Just when I thought I was done with BBV, the gift just keeps on giving. :cool:

[quote name='Righteous Nixon']Hats off to ya. I just love seeing people stick it to Blockbuster and Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

well, aren't you a new idiot ...

I'd rather not throw it out for the lurkers; but I do have a question about a certain store's trade-in policy about games. I know they have a three-limit, per title/per system, online. But can I bring in additional copies to a B&M location? Or is everything "connected", unlike Best Buy where they really can't tell?

If anyone would be willing to PM me, I'd appreciate it. Thank you.

[quote name='mattcube64']I'd rather not throw it out for the lurkers; but I do have a question about a certain store's trade-in policy about games. I know they have a three-limit, per title/per system, online. But can I bring in additional copies to a B&M location? Or is everything "connected", unlike Best Buy where they really can't tell?

If anyone would be willing to PM me, I'd appreciate it. Thank you.[/QUOTE]
I was wondering this myself. I have always just done these in the B&M. I was told it was only 3 at the B&M also. But would love to know if you could do both.
On a side note I had no idea the Bestbuy site and store were different

[quote name='royalbliss1']I was wondering this myself. I have always just done these in the B&M. I was told it was only 3 at the B&M also. But would love to know if you could do both.
On a side note I had no idea the Bestbuy site and store were different[/QUOTE]

It's unclear just how different they are. Logic would say completely separate, but a few users claim to have been banned and have only gone over the 3 limit if you combine the website and in-store trades, so who knows. Just a friendly warning.

I ended up trading in Red Faction Armageddon from the Best Buy @Gamer coupon deal and used my $5 gift card from the last set towards picking up another set of 5. I litterally got there 5 minutes after he put out some new stuff for Xbox so I managed to grab a couple games I hadn't seen around for myself (for a change).

My blockbuster is closing down in january anychance yo think if i ask them to transfer rentals they would be able to or are they not aloud

[quote name='skin21rip']My blockbuster is closing down in january anychance yo think if i ask them to transfer rentals they would be able to or are they not aloud[/QUOTE]
I am nogt sure about transfering rentals. I did find out last night that they can put all the store credit you have on your account on to a gift card. As I was able to get in on a few more of the Dukes last night. I went to the outskirts store first and they put it on a card. I went to 2 more stores afterwards and they put it all on the same card.

HB, did the Red Faction Armageddon TIV hold?

Also, just before I head to my local store if you could give me the TIV on Lego Harry Years 5-7, I would appreciate it?

[quote name='klimb22']As expected. Did the used retail price drop today as reported?[/QUOTE]

Yes. As long as your employers are smart enough to accept the drops. 2/3 of my stores aren't that smart.

Anyone know a good way to transfer BB credit to BBV? I would like to pick up some games to play, but in true CAG fashion, don't want to spend any cash. Any help would be appreciated, since it's so hard to find BBV TIVs without asking hawaiiboy.

rfa held at 19. traded a few more. got 15 more games for 97 total with $15 giftcards given back to me. went to tru and turned that into 168 credit. the manager is more hardcore then i thought cuz he was telling me all these flips he was doing until they shut him down. he said he made $13,000 in cash cuz employees get cash for flipping games instore. he said he was banned at walmart and bestbuys cuz of being a 3rd party reseller and too many pricematches etc. i was telling him some deals, but damn, i feel novice compared to him now. im a toke dude and he's crazy blow. lol peace all
he was talkn more slickdeals and return fraud stuff tho, saying they got 5 new avatars for 40 from the bbv deal now and return those at walmart for 40 each... im like yeah i dont do that sorta stuff...

[quote name='hawaiiboy']Duke TIV is $4.[/QUOTE]
:lol: Looks like my dog will be using my copy as a frisbee come this summer then.:bomb: I knew I shoulda traded the mf'er yesterday, but I had a couple appointments today and wanted to get to bed early last night.

Oh well.:) Just means I can finish the game and enjoy it now versus trying to blow through it in a rush.

[quote name='Velo214']rfa held at 19. traded a few more. got 15 more games for 97 total with $15 giftcards given back to me. went to tru and turned that into 168 credit. the manager is more hardcore then i thought cuz he was telling me all these flips he was doing until they shut him down. he said he made $13,000 in cash cuz employees get cash for flipping games instore. he said he was banned at walmart and bestbuys cuz of being a 3rd party reseller and too many pricematches etc. i was telling him some deals, but damn, i feel novice compared to him now. im a toke dude and he's crazy blow. lol peace all
he was talkn more slickdeals and return fraud stuff tho, saying they got 5 new avatars for 40 from the bbv deal now and return those at walmart for 40 each... im like yeah i dont do that sorta stuff...[/QUOTE]

Are the RFAs from the weekend's B2G1? Because right now, I'm only finding one place to get a single copy for cheap. I don't see a way to get cheap "multiples".

[quote name='mattcube64']Are the RFAs from the weekend's B2G1? Because right now, I'm only finding one place to get a single copy for cheap. I don't see a way to get cheap "multiples".[/QUOTE]

I don't know about other people but I bought a bunch from gamefly for $7.99 a piece during their "blowout" sale.

[quote name='Velo214']rfa held at 19. traded a few more. got 15 more games for 97 total with $15 giftcards given back to me. went to tru and turned that into 168 credit. the manager is more hardcore then i thought cuz he was telling me all these flips he was doing until they shut him down. he said he made $13,000 in cash cuz employees get cash for flipping games instore. he said he was banned at walmart and bestbuys cuz of being a 3rd party reseller and too many pricematches etc. i was telling him some deals, but damn, i feel novice compared to him now. im a toke dude and he's crazy blow. lol peace all
he was talkn more slickdeals and return fraud stuff tho, saying they got 5 new avatars for 40 from the bbv deal now and return those at walmart for 40 each... im like yeah i dont do that sorta stuff...[/QUOTE]

never done tru trade in before, any exp to share? trade @ customer service or gaming dept? limit 3 per platform per yr? trade in price instore same as online quote? complete version w/ cover art?

so, this mgr flips both movie and video game? wow

[quote name='cagcag']never done tru trade in before, any exp to share? trade @ customer service or gaming dept? limit 3 per platform per yr? trade in price instore same as online quote? complete version w/ cover art?

so, this mgr flips both movie and video game? wow[/QUOTE]

Eh, I broke a cardinal rule, but didn't feel like going all the way out there, so I just called my local TRU. It was a lady, and she transferred me to someone else. I basically was told "Uh, no, there's no limit. You can do what you want. But the manager might stop you if you have more than a couple. They get final say." I asked if I need an account or anything and the guy said "Just your birthday if you're trading in Mature games."

Who knows how true that is; but I don't think you'll have any trouble trading in 2 or 3. This was at the Independence, MO location, for anyone that cares.

[quote name='mattcube64']Eh, I broke a cardinal rule, but didn't feel like going all the way out there, so I just called my local TRU. It was a lady, and she transferred me to someone else. I basically was told "Uh, no, there's no limit. You can do what you want. But the manager might stop you if you have more than a couple. They get final say." I asked if I need an account or anything and the guy said "Just your birthday if you're trading in Mature games."

Who knows how true that is; but I don't think you'll have any trouble trading in 2 or 3. This was at the Independence, MO location, for anyone that cares.[/QUOTE]
I went to a TRU that I don't normally go to. I think I was the first person to ever trade anything in at that store because they just asked for my birthday and rang the 6 copys I had of DNF and gave me the stores invoice and my invoice and the gift card. It took 3 people to figure out how to do a trade in. This included the Manager.
At the store I frequent most they always ask for my ID when I have done trades in the past.They have been asking since they started taking trade-ins

Edit:
Since there is no way to track my first im off to my regular store.
I

i had a few rfa's from gamefly when they were 7.99, and i just got a new copy to keep from bestbuy w coupon for $10, so no loss on my part.

yeah no limits so far, cross my fingers. i traded about 20 games today, cleared my bbv credit for madden nfl 11's, brinks, dnf's, etc. i picked up like 9 dnf's and the bbv manager was like lol those are the copies you traded in 3 days ago, awesome.
he could care less. iv traded 12 dnf's already to tru... i know i shouldnt kill it already, but i needed to get some toys for xmas. they could care less. i just do it at instore pickup/customer service. the girls are young n cute so they like me and i just smile and be friendly. was chatting up the grrl who had her name tattooed on her arm, lol, i said i guess thats helpful when you get drunk and wake up lost, lol.
but yeah they dont even check id, just ask for birthday, so i could give them any birthday if i get 'banned' already. they have no idea how to do it tho and instore pickup is usually a clusterfcuk so good luck. but highest tiv for duke, so i had to do it.

im keeping a dnf to plat, all i need is beat it on hardest, but ...

[quote name='mattcube64']Hmmm.... anybody happen to know how much Crysis 2 trades in for at BBV?

EDIT: Nevermind, just contacted a source. $12. No really worth it...[/QUOTE]

Damn you, was about to post that as I just got back from BBV. Did one more purchase 3 get a $10 gift card, though the pickings were slim.

I got a fairly beat up Crysis 2 from Gamefly (surprising as it was a PS3 copy) so I wanted to buy a new one from BB and trade this in. I was really expecting it to be $15-$19. I'll just send it to Amazon for $12.15 instead.

Wow; was planning on being out for about 30 minutes, ended up being out for about 2.5 hours.

Stopped by a GS to pick up two copies of Red Faction with credit; realized it was a B2G1 (I thought yesterday was the last day). I decide to pair a copy of Catherine with it to keep, grab the games, and head to Blockbuster. A friend is working there, and takes my trades - $19x2. He knows what I'm up to, we get talking, and he says that they have a 992 limit on taking the game, lol. I ask him if it'll be a problem if I bring in several more, he says not at all.

So, I rush out. Every GS is closed because it's after 9pm! D'oh. I find one more store open - I would have grabbed a lot more, but they only had 3 complete copies. Darn. I then hit the first store again; they only have 2 more complete copies. Darn again. I pair it up with a copy of Majin for myself, and head back to BBV.

When everything was said and done, I turned about $115 in GS credit into $140 at BBV and two games for myself (Catherine and Majin). BUT, I managed to get all the BBV credit on a GC. Which means I can hit the other store tomorrow - the one where I get a $10 GC for every bundle.

That effectively makes every bundle of three games (except the first) only $10. Considering GS has a "Trade 3, Get $10" deal going; even assuming every set of three only gets my $20, I'll be doubling my credit.

Yeah, most everything has been picked to heck. Not much left; but with four GSs in my area, I should be able offload several copies of SvR2011, GoWIII, Tron, etc. Not HUGE flips - no more AssCreedBro, Pikachus, or Summer Parties - but enough that it's easily worth it.

Had a fun experience tonight. I went to my first bbv picked up 5 DNF. The manager gave me a weird look and asked why I was buying the same copies I traded in yesterday. I told him I was having a online party and I would be back tomorrow to resell them to him. He gave me a look and I said I was just kidding.

So I went to the next store where I bought 5 more. After the transaction was complete the manager of this store asked to talk to me for a sec. He told me that my account had brought up a bunch of red flags. Then he asked me if I owned a game store and I was buying copies for it. I told him I wasn't and he asked me again by switching the words around. I told him I wasn't. So I asked him if my account was on hold or if I was banned? He said no, but I will be getting a call from the district manager for the area. I can't wait to hear from this guy. Between Amazon,Bestbuy,TRU and Gamestop I have moved a lot of games in the last month. So I am not that surprised that something like this had come about.

I did go back to my regular TRU tonight and again the guy asked me for my ID. This time I really payed attention to what he was doing. He looked at my birthday and typed it in and then sat my ID on the keyboard till he was done. So im not sure why he asks me for it everytime. I look at the printout at the end and it doesn't have any info about me.

I did also find out that you can only trade 3 of the same title and platform in on 1 transaction. I have 4 PS3 versions of DNF and 3 Xbox but would only let me do 3 of each. The manager at TRU is really cool and just did another trade in for the 4th copy.

Hey guys been a lurker for awhile. Hopefully I can help you guys with some flips as you have helped me. When I flipped kinect adventures to some stores (I was doing 2 a store) I had an issue where one blockbuster said I had a red flag...etc....so he then called someone in the blockbuster corporate center but nothing came about. And he then let me trade. I traded my last duke nukem sunday night cause I had a feeling blockbuster would drop it's price monday....Has hunted demons forge helf at $17 xbox 360 and $19 ps3?

Some BIG questions I have been waiting for someone to answer. I bought a lot of copies of Duke Nukem and Hunted from Gamestop the last few days with the b2g1 free sale. When I walked up to buy a couple mw3 and a skyrim the clerk asked why I needed 2 mw3s. I said 1 was for a friend, he then said "well its looks like in your history you have been buying a lot of the same games". And then proceeded to call me a re-seller and was rude to me and said if i'am I don't need to lie about it. I think he was trying to set me up because had I said I was he could close my account and ban me isnt that correct? Its not his business what I do with my games I get from gamestop. But my question is, can any gamestop employee look at your buying and trading history just from there computer? I didnt know this was possible. I know awhile back I told a girlat gamestop I was going to sell the third copy I bought of something and she said I couldnt buy it after I said that...

[quote name='mattcube64']
When everything was said and done, I turned about $115 in GS credit into $140 at BBV and two games for myself (Catherine and Majin). BUT, I managed to get all the BBV credit on a GC. Which means I can hit the other store tomorrow - the one where I get a $10 GC for every bundle.
[/QUOTE]

Well, see, there's the highly YMMV part (getting it on a GC). They won't do that for me so I never want to trade too much and get stuck with credit at different stores.

Still, I managed to get in another buy 3 get games/get $10 GC today. I picked up Smackdown vs Raw 2011 for both systems and a Guitar Hero Warrirors of Rock for 360. I was surprised how much I got for stuff at Gamestop where I hadn't traded in a while. I got $11.20 for S vs R, $12.80 for a Shift 2 Unleashed I had sitting around from a few weeks back, and $16 from Spiderman Shattered Dimenions I picked up yesterday from my BBV.

They had not yet retagged the DNFs so I didn't bother trying to buy those. They also have 6 or 7 Brink and I had bought one of those over the weekend (tagged $39.99, rang up $9.99).

I took GH Warriors of Rock and a couple of Smackdown vs Raw 2011 to Best Buy where I traded with no problem. Then I went to TRU to dump a leftover DNF ($4.99 from Best Buy - I only traded 2 to BBV) and the Brink I picked up at BBV for $21 total. TRU trading was a pain as the people in the R Zone said they don't take games for trade. Finally a manager had me go over to the Guest Services desk and after waiting for 3 other people to do complicated return/pickup/swapping/whatever I got my trades done. The process was fast once they got to me, but it is a serious pain to get to TRU, find someone who knows what they are doing, and wait for all the holiday shoppers returning stuff, etc. Then since my son was with my I blew the $21 + $4 extra on an overpriced Halo Mega Bloks set for him ;). One thing I noticed at TRU that is just evil: they've inflated the prices of a lot of stuff over MSRP. Nearly all the Mega Bloks were more than retail and the Skylanders figures were bumped up to $9.99 and $24.99 for the 3-packs packs (though those were on "sale" for $19.99 :roll:).

So, yeah, it was nice to dump the extra DNF there and the Brink I picked up (GS was only offering $2 for that) but in the long run I don't think I'll be doing much trading there.

I told my buddy manager that I would spend all my credit in his store and he said cool.
only thing he didn't let me do is use the same giftcards he just gave me to pay for the transaction cuz he said his loss prevention guy was in town and didnt want to get himself in trouble. i was like dude, i wasnt gonna do that anyway. but wow at you being flagged all over. im lucky all the people around here at my stores are all cool with me. i got banned online and trading in at gamestop but the dm even called me the other day apologizing, but if she doesnt want to give me some free credit i dont need to spend any attention there. lol

[quote name='io']Well, see, there's the highly YMMV part (getting it on a GC). They won't do that for me so I never want to trade too much and get stuck with credit at different stores.

Still, I managed to get in another buy 3 get games/get $10 GC today. I picked up Smackdown vs Raw 2011 for both systems and a Guitar Hero Warrirors of Rock for 360. I was surprised how much I got for stuff at Gamestop where I hadn't traded in a while. I got $11.20 for S vs R, $12.80 for a Shift 2 Unleashed I had sitting around from a few weeks back, and $16 from Spiderman Shattered Dimenions I picked up yesterday from my BBV.

They had not yet retagged the DNFs so I didn't bother trying to buy those. They also have 6 or 7 Brink and I had bought one of those over the weekend (tagged $39.99, rang up $9.99).

I took GH Warriors of Rock and a couple of Smackdown vs Raw 2011 to Best Buy where I traded with no problem. Then I went to TRU to dump a leftover DNF ($4.99 from Best Buy - I only traded 2 to BBV) and the Brink I picked up at BBV for $21 total. TRU trading was a pain as the people in the R Zone said they don't take games for trade. Finally a manager had me go over to the Guest Services desk and after waiting for 3 other people to do complicated return/pickup/swapping/whatever I got my trades done. The process was fast once they got to me, but it is a serious pain to get to TRU, find someone who knows what they are doing, and wait for all the holiday shoppers returning stuff, etc. Then since my son was with my I blew the $21 + $4 extra on an overpriced Halo Mega Bloks set for him ;). One thing I noticed at TRU that is just evil: they've inflated the prices of a lot of stuff over MSRP. Nearly all the Mega Bloks were more than retail and the Skylanders figures were bumped up to $9.99 and $24.99 for the 3-packs packs (though those were on "sale" for $19.99 :roll:).

So, yeah, it was nice to dump the extra DNF there and the Brink I picked up (GS was only offering $2 for that) but in the long run I don't think I'll be doing much trading there.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've never managed a gift card at BBV, either. And to be honest, even with one, I'm still worried about having credit sitting on one for more than a couple weeks - I know with their bankruptcy they gave like 10 days notice that gift cards would no longer be valid. Pretty lame. However, tonight my best friend was working up there. I never, ever want to do anything that will get him in trouble - it's not worth that at all. But he assured me it was "no big deal" taking the games and putting it on a card, so I accepted.

Problem for me, with TRU, is that 1) it's like 25 minutes away; and 2) my younger cousin works there. Which, SHOULD be a blessing that he works in the video game dept... but he would just make things difficult. Not intentionally, mind you, but he asks a lot of questions and never wants to do the wrong thing. So I know the second I get there he'll be all like "HEY MATT, WHY ARE YOU TRADING IN SO MANY GAMES? I didn't know you had three copies of Duke Nukem! Lemme call a manager to see if he can teach me how to do this and if it's okay you have more than one copy!!!" ... lol. He's a nice kid, for sure... but a bit too "by the book" for trying to flip.

I still have six Dukes coming from GS online. Hoping they're all complete. If not, I'll stop by a local GS for a couple sleeves/cases. Then hopefully my order shows up here in the next week, so I can send them off to TRU via USPS.

the kids at tru love me. haha. im a nice guy, but they even go the extra mile. when those dj heroes were on sale for $10 they were trying to do everything they could to get me the superbundles/double turntable sets even when it wouldnt go through. the girls at cs dont know how to do tradeins but i kinda walk them through it and its all good, just a hassle with all this xmas traffic/instore pickups etc. and one of the managers is a single dad with a triforce tattoo so he thinks my son Link is super cool haha. im just doing tru credit cuz it seems a lil hot now and i have to buy all this monster high crap and toys for my kids, haha.

[quote name='desertsniper']Some BIG questions I have been waiting for someone to answer. I bought a lot of copies of Duke Nukem and Hunted from Gamestop the last few days with the b2g1 free sale. When I walked up to buy a couple mw3 and a skyrim the clerk asked why I needed 2 mw3s. I said 1 was for a friend, he then said "well its looks like in your history you have been buying a lot of the same games". And then proceeded to call me a re-seller and was rude to me and said if i'am I don't need to lie about it. I think he was trying to set me up because had I said I was he could close my account and ban me isnt that correct? Its not his business what I do with my games I get from gamestop. But my question is, can any gamestop employee look at your buying and trading history just from there computer? I didnt know this was possible. I know awhile back I told a girlat gamestop I was going to sell the third copy I bought of something and she said I couldnt buy it after I said that...[/QUOTE]

Never, ever, EVER let them drill you about why you need so many games. It's really never their business. And never say you're a reseller, or even that you're flipping games unless you're 110% certain they're going to be cool about it, and you have a strong repertoire with them.

I always say I'm picking up copies for "online friends". If they dig, I'll usually mention that "yeah, I have about 1,500 games. I occasionally buy multiple copies for my extra systems for when people come over." They don't know you're not loaded.

Any more pressure, and I'll typically just say "if it's a problem, I'll wait and buy these elsewhere." They'll shut up 99% of the time at that point.

[quote name='mattcube64']Problem for me, with TRU, is that 1) it's like 25 minutes away;[/QUOTE]

This is another reason I don't do the massive flips some of you guys do. Everything is a minimum 25 minutes away (Best Buy, GS, TRU) except for my local Blockbuster which is 1/2 mile.

On the flip side (heh), though, the combo pass is a great thing for me. With their dwindling locations I can see that being not so convenient for a lot of people. I'm hoping to go there tomorrow around noon and snag a Kung Fu Panda 2 for the kids ;).

[quote name='io']This is another reason I don't do the massive flips some of you guys do. Everything is a minimum 25 minutes away (Best Buy, GS, TRU) except for my local Blockbuster which is 1/2 mile.

On the flip side (heh), though, the combo pass is a great thing for me. With their dwindling locations I can see that being not so convenient for a lot of people. I'm hoping to go there tomorrow around noon and snag a Kung Fu Panda 2 for the kids ;).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have a Best Buy about 15 minutes away, and two Blockbusters within 5 or so minutes.

But I'm very fortunate to have 4 Gamestops within 20 minutes, all in a perfect circle: Drive back road, hit one; take a right and drive 5 min, hit one; across the street in the mall is another; and then hop on the freeway back home where there is a final store about four minutes away from my home.

But screw trying to hit more than those two close BBV stores. If I want to hit the other two, it's ~30 minutes out there and ~30 minutes back; making any trip like almost two hours when everything is said and done.

AND SON OF A GUN!!!! I don't know HOW I didn't realize Shattered Dimensions was $15. Both my stores had like 7 of those mis-priced for the last two weeks... but now that I realize it, and think back, I don't believe there are any more remaining. That would have REALLY helped my flips :whistle2:(

[quote name='royalbliss1']Had a fun experience tonight. I went to my first bbv picked up 5 DNF. The manager gave me a weird look and asked why I was buying the same copies I traded in yesterday. I told him I was having a online party and I would be back tomorrow to resell them to him. He gave me a look and I said I was just kidding.

So I went to the next store where I bought 5 more. After the transaction was complete the manager of this store asked to talk to me for a sec. He told me that my account had brought up a bunch of red flags. Then he asked me if I owned a game store and I was buying copies for it. I told him I wasn't and he asked me again by switching the words around. I told him I wasn't. So I asked him if my account was on hold or if I was banned? He said no, but I will be getting a call from the district manager for the area. I can't wait to hear from this guy. Between Amazon,Bestbuy,TRU and Gamestop I have moved a lot of games in the last month. So I am not that surprised that something like this had come about.

I did go back to my regular TRU tonight and again the guy asked me for my ID. This time I really payed attention to what he was doing. He looked at my birthday and typed it in and then sat my ID on the keyboard till he was done. So im not sure why he asks me for it everytime. I look at the printout at the end and it doesn't have any info about me.

I did also find out that you can only trade 3 of the same title and platform in on 1 transaction. I have 4 PS3 versions of DNF and 3 Xbox but would only let me do 3 of each. The manager at TRU is really cool and just did another trade in for the 4th copy.[/QUOTE]

The reason they ask for your ID is to ensure that the items you are trading in aren't stolen. In the event a robbery of video games is reported in the local community, local stores that offer a buyback service are notified with a description of the stolen items. If anyone trades in games with the same description, the local law enforcement is notified immediately with the details of his or her ID.

Also never ever EVER tell a company that you are buying items to resell them. As long as you don't admit to it, all they can do is throw a hissy fit and you will walk away with a sweet deal. We know a lot of CAG members have been flipping some of these games to us, but we don't mind. :D

The $10 giftcard for pass members ended yesterday 12/12. There was talk that it might get extended but nothing was decided before I left yesterday. It's supposed to be a different deal each week for pass customers.

[quote name='hawaiiboy']The $10 giftcard for pass members ended yesterday 12/12. There was talk that it might get extended but nothing was decided before I left yesterday. It's supposed to be a different deal each week for pass customers.[/QUOTE]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

:whistle2:( Damn. Now I *REALLY* wish I would have got out just an hour earlier. Damn.

Well thanks for the heads up. I do appreciate it, HB. Any idea what the new deal might be this week? Or heck, what the odds are they extend the deal? Like 10% or like 50/50? ;p I know it's pure conjecture, but I have to keep the hope alive!

Well thanks for the heads up. I do appreciate it, HB. Any idea what the new deal might be this week? Or heck, what the odds are they extend the deal? Like 10% or like 50/50? ;p I know it's pure conjecture, but I have to keep the hope alive!

It all depends if your store reads their memos. The barcode sheet we scan for the $10 giftcard doesnt show an end date so if they haven't kept up with the communication updates they won't know it ended.

It all depends if your store reads their memos. The barcode sheet we scan for the $10 giftcard doesnt show an end date so if they haven't kept up with the communication updates they won't know it ended.

[quote name='hawaiiboy']It all depends if your store reads their memos. The barcode sheet we scan for the $10 giftcard doesnt show an end date so if they haven't kept up with the communication updates they won't know it ended.[/QUOTE]

Lol, well, I guess I'll be going there as soon as they open.

Thank you for the heads up!

[quote name='desertsniper'] But my question is, can any gamestop employee look at your buying and trading history just from there computer? I didnt know this was possible. ...[/QUOTE]

When you give your PUR card, a list of the last maybe 10 games purchased shows up at the bottom of the screen.

LOL. I'm sorry that I sat most of this out, except for my few days with a multitude of Kinect Adventures... You guys should have plenty of credit to play around with :)

Got an email a little bit ago stating that the $10 gc w/ bundle has been extended for Combo Pass members.

[quote name='godsmack13']Got an email a little bit ago stating that the $10 gc w/ bundle has been extended for Combo Pass members.[/QUOTE]

When was this? I bought at 3 stores today. 2 I have passes at and only got the $5.

Well, I think I'm done for a while.

There is officially jack and shit at my two stores. I was thrilled to hear they had extended the $10 GC offer; but what the heck to spend it on?! Bulletstorms, Brinks, and Dukes lined the shelves. And all my local GS are sticklers about only "one copy per game".

So, I grabbed what I could muster, and managed to find about $110 worth of GS credit games - unfortunately, the AssCreed I picked up was scratched to hell, so they didn't take it, and I didn't have a back up game ready to go, so I missed out on the $10 bonus for that three, too. Arg. So I got $93 of credit.

Basically, so long as my online orders get here, I turned ~$160 of GS credit last night grabbing Red Faction Armageddons into:

$125 of GS credit
$50 of BBV credit
~$70 of TRU credit
A copy of Catherine and Majin for myself
Three Blu Rays for gifts: Social Network, 3:10 To Yuma, The Fighter

A pretty good flip, for sure... but hot DOG did I invest way too much time into this one... Probably about 5 hours when everything was said and done. Ugh. Eh, you win some and you lose some.

Does anybody's store still have anything good? I'm really hopeful DKCR and Kirby Mass Attack drop to $15 next week. That'd be great!

... Also, my store still has a $25 Tivo HD unit, new, in the box. My GF has always wanted one. I've told her the subscription fee sucks, but she said she'd do it in a second if she had the hardware (har har). Should I pick this up? Thoughts on the model? I don't follow the DVR industry AT ALL, so I'd love some input. Thanks!

bread's done
Back